Maybe you ain’t either. You don’t say.
我想你也不想吧 那可不一定
You wanna know somethin’? He don’t like you.
你知道吗?他不喜欢你
Tsk, tsk, tsk. And I was gonna propose to him.
嚓嚓嚓,我可是对他情有独衷呢
He won’t eat any steak.
他不吃牛排
Maybe he’d like a little raw hamburger or some milk maybe.
可能来点汉堡包不错,或者牛奶
After all, he’s only a baby.
毕竟他还只是个幼仔
Try him with a lollipop, Sheriff.
警长,试试棒棒糖吧
Or how about my right arm?
我的胳膊怎么样?
He’d like that. You would, too, wouldn’t you?
他想在我胳膊上来一口,是不是?小东西
Oh, you’re that Tatum guy that was poppin’ off over the phone last night.
哦,你就是那个叫塔图姆的家伙吧,昨天晚上在电♥话♥里头出言不逊的那小子
Not popping off, Sheriff. Just threatening.
警长,我可不是出言不逊,我只是晓之以理罢了
You play along with me, and I’ll have you reelected.
你跟我合作,你就可以续任
You don’t, and I’ll crucify you. That’s all I said. Remember?
如果你不跟我合作的话,我可不选他,我是这么说的吧,警长
I think I’ll have my boys take you to the county line and throw you out.
信不信我叫手下把你扔到荒郊去
Throw out your campaign manager?
把你的选举顾问给扔了?
You need plenty of help, Kretzer.
克雷策先生,你需要我的帮助
And maybe before I throw you out, I’ll toss you in the clink for a while.
我想在把你扔出去之前,我得把你关几天再说
Wasting your time on a rattlesnake hunt.
一直在响尾蛇追捕行动中浪费你的时间吧
This is where the votes are. What do you know about votes?
这里才是选票的所在啊 你知道什么选票
There’s seven here in Escudero, 700 up there.
埃斯库德罗总共也只有七票,而别的地方有七百张
We had a big barbecue, and I made a speech… a good one too.
我们出去野餐,我还做了一番鼓舞人心的演讲
Then we sat down to a little poker game…
我们还玩扑克牌
and you started botherin’ me… right in the middle of a hand.
可就在这时候,你出现了
What’d you have, pair of deuces?
你有什么牌,一对二?
This is better.
这里我们机会大得多
Here we’ve got an ace in the hole.
我们在这拿的是王牌
I’ll have a cup of coffee. Two candy bars.
我要一杯咖啡 两块方糖
Couple hamburgers, please. How much are those Swiss cheese sandwiches?
来几个汉堡包 这些瑞士奶酪三明治多少钱?
Come on, Mama. I need some help.
妈妈,你帮帮我吧
We’re swamped out here.
外面都忙死了
Come on.
快点
Now, how’s this, Sheriff? By tomorrow, I’ll have your name all over the paper…
警长,你听我说,明天,你的名字就会出现在各大报纸上
the man who rushed here at the first cry for help to direct the rescue operations.
在事故发生后,我们的警长第一时间来到现场
By Tuesday, everyone in the state will know ya.
星期二,全国的人♥民♥都认识你了
Gus Kretzer, the tireless public servant who never spares himself.
格斯·克雷策,鞠躬尽瘁的人♥民♥公务员
I’ll pile it on every day.
这样一天天下去
Six days of this, and I’ll make you a hero.
六天以后,你就会成为英雄
The election’s in the bag.
下届警长还不是囊中之物吗
In the bag? The guys running against you will vote for you.
岂只是囊中之物啊,你的竞争对手都会投上你一票
Okay, I’m a hero.
好,我成英雄了
And what do I make you?
你想要什么
Now here’s the deal.
好,我的条件是这样
The way things look, there’s gonna be other newspapermen…
你看现在这阵势,照这样发展下去,很快就会有别的记者
trying to horn in on this story… a lot of them.
想来分一杯羹,会有很多很多人赶来
Maybe all the way from New York.
甚至有从纽约来的
This is my story.
但这是我的故事
I wanna keep it mine.
我不想与任何人分享
You’re gonna help me.
你得帮我
Mr. Tatum, we’re moving you into our room.
塔图姆先生,我把我的房♥间腾出来了,我们这就把你的东西搬到房♥间里去
It’s a good, comfortable bed.
这个房♥间的床舒服多了
Oh, no, Mr. Minosa. I don’t want to put anybody out.
哦,明诺萨先生,我怎么好意思打扰你们呢
Mama and I will be fine. This is a great honor. Okay. Thanks.
哪里的话,这是我和贱内的荣幸啊 好的,谢谢
Herbie, unpack for me, will ya? And stand by.
赫比,帮我把包里的东西拿出来,然后听我安排
We’re gonna take some pictures of the sheriff.
帮警长照几张照片
Guess I’m getting too old to crawl around in there.
才忙了几个小时就累成这样,可能我真是老了
How about a cup of coffee? Make it two.
给我来杯咖啡 我也来一杯
Coming up.
马上
What’s the latest? Not too good.
情况怎么样? 不怎么乐观啊
There must be a pretty deep fault underneath there…
底下可能有大的问题
or it wouldn’t have caved in.
否则山洞也不会坍塌了
How long will it take? Of course, we haven’t been able to get all the way back.
疏通要多长时间? 当然,我们不能马上解决所有的问题
There’s a lot of shoring to do first.
首先要做一些支撑工作
That means getting those bulkhead timbers placed right.
把一些防水木柱支起来
Then there’s all that crossbracing. How long?
还有横拉条 要多长时间?
When we get that done, we oughta be able to start operating…
等支撑工作做完,我们就可以开始施工了
moving those heavy slabs and stones…
把一些岩石啊,石块什么的挪开
so the whole shebang doesn’t come crashing in on us… and on him.
这样整个岩顶就不会坍塌砸到工作人员,或是里奥先生
How long? Well, Gus, I can’t tell you exactly.
到底要多久? 格斯,我不能肯定准确的时间
But I don’t see how we can do it under 16 hours.
不过少于十六小时是不可能的
Uh-uh.

Well, maybe I can do it in 12 hours if I send for a second crew.
如果,我能再召集一批施工人员,再加加班十二个小时就可以完工
Although some of the men don’t want to work…
但是由于你写的那些什么“诅咒”的文章
on account of that jinx you wrote about.
好些人都不愿来这工作
Look, Mr. Smollett, I’m no engineer…
斯莫利特先生,我不是工程师
but the way you wanna do it…
但是听你说的
those crumbling walls and piles of stones…
这么多破旧的墙,一大堆乱石
Isn’t that kinda dangerous for your men?
会不会太危险了
Not after we get the walls braced.
把墙稳住就不危险了
Suppose we set up a drill on top of the mountain…
假如我们从山顶着手,用钻孔机
and go straight down.
一直钻到底下
Cut through all that rock?
穿过那么厚的岩石?
Do you know how long that would take?
你知道那要花多长时间吗?
You tell me.
你说呢
Six, maybe seven days.
六七天吧
It’s a great big job.
这可不轻松
Have you got any drills like that?
你们有这样的钻孔机吗?
Yes, sir, but it’s not necessary.
有啊,但是没有这个必要
Once we get that back part shored up, I think…
只要我们一把后面固定好,我想…
You’re thinking too much. Let Mr. Tatum do the thinkin’.
你想得太多了,让塔图姆先生来想吧
But he’s all wrong.
但是他完全错了啊
I think… You’re thinkin’ again, Sam.
我想… 你看,你又在想了,山姆
A few years ago, you was a truck driver.
几年前,你还只是一个卡车司机
Now that I’m sheriff, you’re a contractor.
现在我当警长了,你也成了包工头
Do you want to be a truck driver again?
你想回去继续当卡车司机吗?
All right, Gus. If that’s the way you want it…
好吧,格斯,如果你想这么做
I’ll… I’ll set the drill.
我,我会把钻孔机运来的
But that fellow in there… seven days.
但是压在底下那小子,七天啊
I know what’s in your mind, Mr. Smollett, and it does you credit.
我知道你在想什么,斯莫利特先生,你是个好人
Leo’s a rugged boy. The doctor told me that himself.
里奥是条硬汉子,医生也这么说
He’ll get the best of care, so don’t worry.
他会得到最好的照顾,别担心
Sugar?
要糖吗?
How about some cigarettes? Couple of hot dogs, please.
再来几包烟? 我要几个热狗
Don’t you wanna be paid, lady? We had four hamburgers and four coffees.
女士,我们点了四个汉堡包,四杯咖啡一共多少钱?
That’s 1.20. Can you change a 50?
这是一块二 能找给我五十分吗?
Hey, how about one here, Chuck? Okay, fan.
嘿,在这儿照相可以吗? 好
Get me a few of Mr. Smollett…
给斯莫利特先生也照几张
the man whose know-how is gonna save the life of Leo Minosa.
里奥的性命就全靠他了
You’ll be the biggest contractor in the business, I betcha.
你将成为全建筑行业最大的包工头,相信我吧
Now let’s get that drill.
好,去把钻孔机运来吧
See ya, gentlemen. Lot of work to do.
再见,先生们,我还有很多活要做
Yes?
什么事?
Come on, come on. What is it?
快点,什么事啊
I met a lot of hard-boiled eggs in my life, but you…
我这辈子遇到很多老油条,但是你…
You’re 20 minutes.
是最油的一个
Is that a boost or a knock? Because I haven’t time to figure it out.
这是在夸我还是损我啊,我可没时间琢磨
I’ve been doing my own figuring.
我在算…
Took in 70 bucks so far. By tonight, it oughta be 150.
现在我们总共进帐七十,到今天晚上就会有一百五
Seven times a hundred and fif… That’s over a grand.
照这个趋势,七天,七乘一百五,哇,一千多啊
That’s the first grand I ever had.
这是我赚的第一笔一千块啊
Thanks.
谢谢
Thanks a lot.
非常感谢
Look, Mrs. Minosa, your husband’s stuck under a mountain.
明诺萨太太,你丈夫还在山下压着
You’re worried sick. That’s the way the story goes.
你应该焦虑万分才对
Now get the smile off your face.
把你脸上那笑容给我收起来
It’s been a nice day, Chuck.
查克,今天我过得很开心
I feel like smiling. You heard me. Get it off.
我想笑 你听到没有,别笑了
Make me.
你能把我怎么样
That’s more like it.
这样才是嘛
And don’t wipe those tears. That’s the way you’re supposed to look.
别把眼泪擦了,你需要流一点眼泪的
Put on your wedding ring.
把你结婚戒指带上

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!