Soft-like.
很轻柔的样子
Then a guy next to you starts singin’.
然后你旁边的人也开始唱
Pretty soon, you’re singin’ too.
没一会,你自己也开始唱了
Well, it worked, didn’t it? Nothing happened to you.
有效吧?没什么灾难降临到你身上
Nah, not a thing… except I got the mumps in Naples.
是的,什么都没有…除了在那不勒斯的时候,我得了腮腺炎
Well, you light yourself a cigar, Leo. I gotta say so long.
好的,里奥,你自己点雪茄吧,我要跟你道别了
I certainly wish you could stay a while longer. So do I.
我希望你能多呆会 我也是
But there’s a lot to do outside getting things organized.
不过外面还有好多事情要做
You wanna get out, don’t ya?
你想出去吧,是吗?
Looks like it’s gonna be a long night.
看起来会是很漫长的一晚
None of that. Come on, Leo.
不是那样的,再来一次,里奥
I said come on now. All together.
我说再来一次嘛,我们一起唱
What’s the idea? Have you gone nuts?
怎么回事?你疯啦?
Just a couple of pals singin’. What’s wrong with that?
只是几句朋友间的歌♥,有什么不对么?
I got me some pictures, fan. Guard ’em with your life.
我照了些照片,用你的命去保护它们
Let’s get moving.
我们走吧
What happened?
怎么样啊?
Aren’t you gonna tell me? Quiet, Herbie. Quiet.
你不打算告诉我吗? 安静点,赫比
I’m writing the lead to the story.
我在构思新闻的开头呢
Well, what is the story? Big.
那么,这个新闻是什么 大新闻
As big as they come, I think. Maybe bigger than Floyd Collins.
我想会很大的甚至可能比佛洛伊德·柯林斯的新闻都大
Floyd Collins plus. Plus what?
佛洛伊德·柯林斯加上 加上什么?
Plus King Tut.
加上埃及图坦卡门法老
You remember that one, don’t ya?
你还记得那个吧?
The curse of the old Egyptian pharaoh when they came to rob his tomb.
埃及法老对那些盗墓者的诅咒
How’s that for an angle?
这样写怎么样?
King Tut in New Mexico.
新墨西哥的埃及图坦卡门法老
Curse of the old Indian chief.
来自古老印第安人首领的诅咒
White man half buried by angry spirits.
白人被愤怒的魂灵们半埋
What will they do? Will they spare him? Will they crush him?
他们会怎么办呢?他们会宽恕他吗?他们会碾碎他吗?
Give it to me straight. How does it look? Can they get him out?
直接告诉我好了,怎么样?他们会救出他吗?
Huh? Certainly. How soon?
是吗?肯定的 有多快?
I don’t know.
我不知道
Floyd Collins lasted 18 days.
佛洛伊德·柯林斯被困了十八天
I don’t need 18 days.
我不需要十八天
If I just had one week of this…
要是只用了一个星期
Oh, brother. You’re kidding, Chuck.
哇 你在开玩笑吧,查克
You don’t really wish for anything like that.
你肯定不希望事情会那么发展
I’m not wishing for anything.
我是没有期望什么啊
I don’t make things happen. All I do is write about them.
又不是我让事情发生的,我要做的只是写报道
Did you reach him? I saw him. I talked to him.
你见到他了么? 见到了,我们说了话
Couldn’t you bring him out? Is he alive?
你救不出他?还活着吗?
You can be sure of one thing. We’ll get him out. Today? Tonight?
你能确认一件事情,我们会救出他 今天,今晚?
I’m afraid not. There’s nothing we can do here tonight.
恐怕不行,今晚我们什么都做不了
Tomorrow? As soon as we get an engineering crew on the job.
明天呢? 只要我们有支工程队来了,就可以了
And I’m gonna get them, Mr. Minosa… the best. And I’ll get that doctor.
我会去联♥系♥他们的,明诺萨先生,找最好的,还有医生
And the sheriff too. The sheriff’s tied up in Los Barrios until Monday.
还有警长 警长在洛斯巴利奥斯忙活,周一才回来
You better talk to me. Tied up in Los Barrios, huh?
你最好跟我讲 在洛斯巴利奥斯忙活,是吗?
I’ll bet he’s at that rattlesnake hunt. Chances are the doctor too.
我猜他在抓响尾蛇的活动里吧,医生很有可能也在那
How do you like that? A man could be dying here, and…
你觉得怎么样?这里有个人要死了
Oh, I’m sorry, Mrs. Minosa. I know all about that sheriff.
哦,不好意思,明诺萨夫人 我了解那个警长
He stops in every week for a steak dinner and never picks up the check.
他每周都会来吃顿牛排晚餐,从不付账
He’ll be here. They’ll all be here…
他会来的,他们都会来得
the sheriff, the doctor, the engineer.
警长,医生,工程师
You got a phone at the trading post? Yeah.
你店里有电♥话♥吗? 有的
Let’s get started. We got a lot of telephoning to do.
那我们出发吧,我们要打很多的电♥话♥
The phone’s inside. Okay.
电♥话♥在里面 好的
Fill her up, Herbie. You’re going back to town.
把油灌满了,赫比,你回城里去
Right.
好的
Over there.
在那儿呢
There’s the doctor’s number. Dr. Hilton.
那是医生的电♥话♥,希尔顿医生
The sheriff’s number’s there too.
警长的电♥话♥也在那里
Oh, that’s the sheriff, huh? “Gus Kretzer.”
哦,那警长的吧,是吗?“格斯·克雷策”
We’ll get some action here. You’ll see.
我们会有行动的,等着看吧
By tomorrow, this place will be jumping…
明天之前,这个地方就会大不一样
if I have to call Santa Fe and get the governor out of bed.
如果我得给圣达菲去电♥话♥,把州长给叫起来的话
Oh, would it be too much trouble to put me up for the night?
哦,我今晚在这里过夜,会不会很麻烦阿
Sixty beautiful rooms. The Escudero Ritz.
我们有六十间漂亮的房♥间,这里算是埃斯库德罗大酒店了
What’ll it be? Ocean view or mountain view?
还要怎么样?海景还是山景?
Anything. A cot. A couple of chairs in here will do fine.
随便吧,有张床,几把椅子放在这里就可以了
Operator? Get me Albuquerque 4923.
接线员?帮我接一下阿尔伯克基四九二三
What’s the number here? Escudero 2.
这里的号♥码是多少? 埃斯库德罗二
Escudero 2.
埃斯库德罗二
Hello?
你好?
Sun-Bulletin? This is Tatum speaking.
阳光公告?我是塔图姆
Get me Mr. Boot, and make it fast.
快点帮我叫布特先生听电♥话♥
Mr. Boot? Tatum.
布特先生?我是塔图姆
No, nothing’s wrong. Quite the contrary.
没有,没有什么不对的,正好相反
Uh-uh. I’m in a dreamy little spot called Escudero…
呃,我现在在一个叫做埃斯库德罗的小地方
about three hours down the line.
离市中心大概有三个小时的车程
Forget the rattlesnakes. We got somethin’ nicer here.
忘了响尾蛇什么的吧,这有更好的新闻
We got birds…vultures. Seven of them.
我们有猎物,贪婪的七人
How does this hit you?
听听我的构思
“The Curse of the Mountain of the Seven Vultures.”
“贪婪七人之山的诅咒”
Of course you don’t know what I’m talking about, but I’m gonna tell you.
你当然不知道我在说什么,我会告诉你的
Wait till you see the pictures. I’m sending them up with Herbie…
你等着看照片吧,我让赫比带回去了
No, I’m not drunk, Mr. Boot.
我没有喝醉,布特先生
Maybe a little excited, because unless war is declared tonight…
可能是有点激动,因为除非今天晚上战役就打赢
here’s your front-page feature.
这里就是未来你报纸的头版了
Now
现在
How much is it, Mr. Minosa?
明诺萨先生,多少钱?
No, sir, I wouldn’t take your money…
不用,先生,我怎么能要你的钱…
not after all you’re doing for my boy.
你们帮我儿子那么多忙
Hi. Morning.
嘿 早上好
The construction boss show up?
包工头来了吗?
Or the sheriff? Not yet.
警长呢? 还没呢
From the way you were talkin’, I thought you’d get the governor down here.
看你昨天说话那阵势,我还以为连州长…
The marines too. It’s all taken care of.
海军陆战队都要来呢 我有分寸
They got a construction crew together… machinery too…
他们正在组织施工队,还有器械
and they’re on their way from Los Barrios now, Sunday or no Sunday.
他们正从拉斯巴利奥斯赶过来,最迟星期天到
Yap, yap. I’ve talked to the doctor.
是啊,是啊 我已经和医生通过电♥话♥了
We’re taking him in as soon as they clear the passage.
等施工人员准备就绪,我们就带他下去看看你丈夫的健康状况
And the sheriff will be on the job too.
警长也会来的
Yap, yap, yap, yap, yap.
是啊,是啊,是啊,是啊,是啊
Look, madam, when I say I deliver, I deliver.
夫人,我说就做到,你等着瞧吧
Where are the old folks?
我爸爸他们去哪里了?
Went to early mass.
一早就做弥撒去了
What’s that you been playin’ on your typewriter all night?
你干嘛一整晚都在打字?
From upstairs, it sounded like that “Saber Dance.”
我在楼上听着就好象在举♥行♥“剑舞”
With all this trouble, I didn’t think you could sleep anyhow.
这么多事,我怎么睡不着
I’ve had enough sleep… five years of it.
我睡得香着呢,五年每天晚上都睡得饱饱的
What else could you do in Escudero…
在埃斯库德罗这种小地方,除了睡觉你还能干什么…
look at the family album?
难不成看相集?
Where’d you get it? From Mama Minosa.
这些你从哪儿拿的呀? 你婆婆那儿
Just shows.
真是的
Yesterday, you never even heard of Leo.
昨天你里奥是谁你都不知道
Today, you can’t know enough about him.
今天却迫不及待的要了解他
Aren’t you sweet?
你怎么那么好?
Good-lookin’ kid in his uniform, wasn’t he?
他穿这身军装真好看,你不觉得吗?
Him and eight million other guys.
他和其它八百万战友,真帅
See our wedding picture? Bet you didn’t even recognize me.
你看我们的结婚照了吗?你肯定认不出我来
Sure, I did. You were a brunette then.
怎么会,我当然认得了,你当时头发还是深色的
In ’45? No, in ’45, I was a redhead.
第四十五号♥?不对,我在那张照片里是红头发
See how skinny I was?
看到我当时有多瘦了吧?
A hospital back in Baltimore said I had a touch of T.B.
巴尔的摩的医生说我得了轻度肺结核
You’d never think it to look at me now.
你看现在的我想不到我曾经还是一个得过肺结核的病人吧
You don’t look like a chest case to me.
你看上去很健康
If you can spare this one, I’d like to take it along…
你可以把这张留给我吗,我想把它带在身边…
in case I forget what he looks like.
我怕哪天我忘记他长什么样子了
What time is it?
几点了?