Get me a few shots, Herbie.
给我拍几张照片,赫比
Looks like it’s your move, copper.
看起来该你行动了
What’s it gonna be? I’m thinkin’. Don’t rush me. I’ll do somethin’.
会怎么样? 我还在想呢,不要催我,我会干点什么的
You could always give that poor fellow in there a ticket for parking overtime.
你可以给那个可怜的家伙开张罚单,因为他停车超时了
Let me have those things. Who do you think you are buttin’ in like this?
把这些给我 你以为你是谁啊,这么来插手?
Let me have your flashlight. Who is he?
把你的电筒给我 他是谁?
I’ll tell you who. I’m the guy who’s going in that cave.
我告诉你我是谁,我是要进洞的那个人
And you’re the guy that’s been sounding off long enough. Now give me your flashlight.
而你是那个一直吹牛的人,把你的手电筒给我
Why, you… Shut up.
什么,你… 闭嘴
Come on, Herbie.
赫比,跟上
Thanks, mister, and God bless you.
先生,谢谢你,上帝保佑你
Tell him we’ll get him out. Tell him not to worry. Okay.
告诉他我们会救出他,叫他不要担心 好的
Sure. And tell him we’ll have a big coming-out party for him…
那当然,还有,跟他说我们会为他出洞举办个盛大的聚会
with a brass band and everything.
里面会有乐队,什么都会有
Here’s the rope.
给你绳子
I hope we can get to him.
我希望我们可以见到他
Yeah.
是的
Watch out for those rocks.
当心石头
The old man sure looked bad.
老人看来不太好
Did you see his face? Yeah.
你看见他的脸了吗? 看见了
Like the faces of those folks you see outside a coal mine…
跟你见过的那些
with maybe 84 men trapped inside.
呆在困住八十几个人的矿井外的人一样
One man’s better than 84. Didn’t they teach you that?
困住一个总比困住八十四个好,他们没教过你吗?
Teach me what? Human interest.
教我什么? 人类的兴趣
You pick up the paper, you read about 84 men or 284.
当你拿起报纸的时候,看到八四或者二八四
Or a million men, like in the Chinese famine.
或者一百万人在受罪,比如说中国的饥荒
You read it, but it doesn’t stay with you.
你看着,但印象并不会深
One man’s different. You wanna know all about him.
一个人被困就不一样啦,你会想知道关于他的一切
That’s human interest.
那就是所谓的人类的兴趣
Somebody all by himself, like Lindbergh crossing the Atlantic…
某个只凭自己的人,就像穿越大西洋的林德伯格
or Floyd Collins.
或者是佛洛伊德·柯林斯
Floyd Collins. Doesn’t that ring a bell?
佛洛伊德·柯林斯,那难道不能让你想起什么?
No, not to me, it doesn’t.
不是,对我来说,那不是
You never heard of Floyd Collins?
你从来没听说过佛洛伊德·柯林斯?
1925. Kentucky.
一九二五年,肯塔基州
The guy pinned way down in that cave.
就是那个冒着重重困难,从洞穴里逃生的人
One of the biggest stories that ever broke.
那可是大新闻之一阿
Front page in every paper in the country for weeks.
全国所有报纸的首页数周都在报道那个
Say, what’d you take at that school of journalism… advertising?
你在那个新闻学校学到了什么?广♥告♥?
Uh, well… Maybe I did hear about it.
呃,可能我听说过的吧
Maybe you heard that a reporter on a Louisville paper crawled in for the story…
可能你听说过刘易斯维尔报社的一个记者爬进洞去获得新闻
and came out with a Pulitzer prize.
出来的时候拿到了一个普利策奖
Guess we’d better not fool around with that.
我们最好不要因为那个而四处瞎转
Here. Hold this.
给你,拿着
Now let me have it.
现在给我
And camera.
还有相机
You got a couple of bulbs?
有灯泡吗?
You stay here.
呆在这儿
That sand gets any worse, let me hear from you, but loud.
要是沙的情况变糟,叫大声点通知我
I don’t like the looks of it, Chuck. I don’t either, fan.
我不喜欢这个的样子,查克 我也不喜欢,伙计
But I like the odds.
不过我喜欢胜利的可能性
Hello!
有人吗?
Hello!
有人么?
Here!
我在这儿
Over here.
在这边
Here.
这里
Over here.
这里
Hello, Leo. How do you feel?
你好,里奥,感觉怎么样
Not so bad anymore.
没那么糟了
I thought nobody would ever come.
我还以为没人会来
Anything hurt? Any bones broken?
你没受伤吧?伤到骨头了没?
No, I guess not.
我想没有
Can’t you get your legs out from under?
你能把腿从下面拿上来吗?
What do you think I’ve been tryin’ to do?
你以为我一直努力在干什么?
They’re pinned under me.
他们在下面给困死了
Maybe… Maybe I can help.
也许…也许我能帮上忙
…Hey, watch it! Watch it!
嘿,小心点
You want those rocks to come down on my head?
你想让这些石头砸到我头上啊
I didn’t know they were that shaky.
我不知道它们这么晃
They’re all pretty shaky.
它们是挺晃的
It’s an old place… been comin’ apart for a long time.
这地方很老了,已经支离破碎了
Looks like we’ll have to take them out one by one.
看来我们得一个一个拿出去
Don’t try it by yourself. It’s gonna take a lot of figuring.
你自己不要尝试,这是需要很多的计算的
The way they are now, if one goes, they’ll all go… roof and everything.
照现在的样子,只要动一个,其它的都会动房♥顶,一切
I see what you mean. Well, here.
我明白了,给你
Wrap yourself in this blanket.
用这个毯子盖一下吧
And get some of this hot coffee inside of you.
喝点热咖啡
Thanks, mister. A cigar.
谢了先生,有支雪茄阿
Your wife sent them. She did?
你妻子送来的 是她吗?
That’s funny. She always beefs when I smoke a cigar.
有趣,我平时抽烟的时候,她老是唧唧咕咕的
Hey, what’s your name, mister? Charlie Tatum.
先生你叫什么啊? 查理·塔图姆
Just driving by the trading post when I heard about it.
我听到你被困的时候,我正开车经过一个小店
Hey, what happened to those other fellas?
嘿,我其它的同伴怎么样啊?
I heard them, but they went away.
我听到他们的,可是他们走了
Why don’t they do somethin’ about gettin’ me out? Easy, Leo. They’ll get you out.
他们为什么不做点什么来救我? 简单,里奥,他们会来救你的
But you know what you just said. It takes figuring, maybe some special equipment.
你自己也说了,这需要很多的计算,可能还需要一些专门的设备
They’re not gonna leave me here overnight?
他们要让我在这里过夜?
They’ll do it as fast as they can, but they gotta do it right.
他们会尽快的,不过他们得做对了
Yeah, I know. Only that’s a pretty heavy mountain.
是的,我知道,只是那山实在是很沉的
Tell me, Leo. How’d it happen?
里奥,给我说说怎么发生的
I… I guess I crawled in too far this time.
…我觉得我这次爬得太进来了
You’ve got to to find a good one.
你得找到个好的
Back there, it’s pretty well cleaned out.
但是前面的都已经清扫干净了
But I found me a beauty. Worth 50 bucks any day.
不过我还是找到个好东西,不管什么时候都很值钱
It’s then the whole floor caved in under me.
然后我脚下的地面就塌陷了
I guess maybe they didn’t want me to have it.
我想他们可能不想让我拿到这个东西
They? Who are “they”?
他们?他们是谁?
The Indian dead.
死去的印第安人
They’re all around here.
他们就在这周围
This is a tomb, mister, with mummies 400 years old.
先生,这是一个墓,里面有四百多年历史的木乃伊
They used to bury them here with these jars alongside…
过去他们把自己跟着这些陶器一块埋在这里
you know, full of corn and wampum.
装满了玉米和钱
That’s worthwhile knowing, Leo. Go on.
里奥,那个倒是个好消息,继续说
I… I guess maybe they’ve been watchin’ me…
我想他们可能在看着我
all the time I’ve been takin’ things outta here and got mad.
在我从这拿走东西的这一段时间都在看我,他们生气了
Bad spirits, huh?
坏妖精,啊?
I guess you’re gonna laugh at me, think I’m crazy.
你可能会笑话我,以为我是疯了
But when you lie down here all by yourself, you get to thinkin’.
但要是就你自己躺在这儿的时候,你就会这么想的
Do me a favor, will ya?
帮我个忙,好么?
Hold up that jar again. And look at me.
拿好那个罐子,然后看着我
Hey, what are you doin’? Taking your picture.
嘿,你在干什么? 给你照像阿
What for? Gonna put it in the paper.
为什么? 我要把它放到报纸上
What kind of paper? In a newspaper in Albuquerque.
什么样的报纸? 在阿尔伯克基的一家报纸
My picture? Certainly.
我的照片吗? 是的
Honest? Everybody wants to see how you look.
说真的? 所有人都想知道你长什么样子
And I’m gonna write a story. They’ll wanna know all about you.
我还会写篇报道,他们都想知道关于你的一切
They’ll be pulling for you. How do you like that? Me in a paper.
他们会为你疯狂的 你怎么想?我被登在报纸上
Let’s take another one, Leo. Oh, let me wipe my face first.
再来一张,里奥 哦,让我先擦擦脸
Hold it.
拿好了
And don’t say anything about those Indian spirits.
不要提到这些印第安人的精神
I don’t want anybody to think I’m scared. Don’t worry, Leo.
我不想让人知道我怕了 不用担心,里奥
I’m your pal.
我是你的朋友
I know. That’s why I can talk to you.
我知道,那就是我为什么能跟你说的原因
Sure, you can.
是的,你能
You know, in the army, I was plenty scared too.
在军队的时候,我也是很害怕的
Like when my outfit landed in Italy.
像那次我们驻军到意大利
Only in the army, it’s different.
只有在部队里是不一样的
There, everybody’s scared.
在那,每个人都害怕
Your barge is gonna land. You know you’re gonna die.
你们的战船就要靠岸了,你知道自己要死去
And then a guy starts singin’.
有个家伙开始唱