Unless, of course, you…
当然,除非你
Miss Deverich, instead of writing household hints…
德弗里奇小姐,不要去写关于家庭琐事的…
about how to remove chili stains from blue jeans…
关于如何去除牛仔裤上的辣椒渍这样的东西
get yourself involved in a trunk murder.
让自己写点树干谋杀案之类的东西
How about it, Miss Deverich?
你觉得呢,德弗里奇小姐?
I could do wonders with your dismembered body.
我可以用你被肢解的身体创造奇迹
Oh, Mr. Tatum. Really.
哦,塔图姆先生,是这样吗?
Or you, Mr. Wendell.
或者说你,温德尔先生
If you’d only toss that cigar out of the window…
要是你把那只雪茄扔出窗户的话
real far, all the way to Los Alamos…
而且足够远的话,可以一直扔到洛斯阿♥拉♥莫斯的话
And boom!
哇萨!
Now there would be a story.
那就是个大新闻了
I told you no liquor in the office.
我叫你不要在办公室里喝酒的
I thought I could trust you.
我以为我可以信任你
What a suspicious nature you have, Mr. Boot.
你可真是多疑阿,布特先生
Pretty, isn’t it?
漂亮吧?
I make those things every night when I go home, out of matches and toothpicks.
我每天晚上回家的时候,就用火柴和牙签来做这些
It calms my nerves.
…这样可以让我平静下来
Sorry, Tatum.
不好意思啦,塔图姆
Maybe you do need a change. Do I.
不过你可能真的需要改变一下 需要吗?
And I got news for you. You’re going out of town for a couple of days.
我有个消息告诉你,你将会离开镇上几天
How far and in what direction? Los Barrios County.
有多远朝哪个方向? 洛斯巴利奥斯县
They’re having a rattlesnake hunt, and I want you to cover it.
那有一个捉响尾蛇的活动,我想你去报道一下
A rattlesnake hunt? That’s right.
捉响尾蛇? 是的
And take Herbie along. Let’s get some art.
带上赫比和你一起去,我们弄点有艺术性的东西
A rattlesnake hunt. Well, isn’t that ginger-peachy?
捉响尾蛇,嗯,那个不是很有吸引力吗?
A real “stop the press,” “pull out the front page”…
一个真正的“爆♥炸♥新闻”,“重磅炸♥弹♥”
“get ready to replate” assignment.
“标准花边”的任务
Have a nice time, Chuck. See the country.
玩得开心,查克,好好认识一下农村
And don’t worry. I’ll put the paper to bed.
不用担心,我负责安置那些报纸
Well, it looks like we’re starting our second year with a real bang.
看来我们像是已经用一个真正有震撼力的东西开始了我们的第二年了
Okay, fan, pack up.
好了,伙计,快收拾一下
You know, this could be a pretty good story, Chuck. Don’t sell it short.
查克,这个可能是一个很好的信息,我们得多弄点内容
It’s quite a sight… a thousand rattlers in the underbrush…
这个场面可够大的…一千多条蛇在草丛里面动着
and a lot of men smoking them out and bashing in their heads.
一大堆人用烟把它们薰出来,再砸坏它们的脑袋
Big deal. A thousand rattlers in the underbrush.
好大呀,有一千多条蛇在草丛里面动着
Give me just 50 of them loose in Albuquerque.
只要给我其中五十条放到阿尔伯克基城里
Like that leopard in Oklahoma City.
就会像在俄克拉何马州的那只豹子一样
The whole town in panic.
让整个城市陷入恐慌
Deserted streets. Barricaded houses.
街道被遗弃,房♥子被围起来
They’re evacuating the children.
孩子们疏散出去
Every man is armed.
每个人都全副武装
Fifty killers on the prowl. Fifty.
五十条杀人蛇徘徊着,五十条呢
One by one, they start hunting them down.
一个接一个,人们猎杀了它们
They get 10, 20.
他们捉到了十条,二十条
It’s building. They get 40, 45. They get 49.
还在增加,他们抓到四十…四十五…四十九条
Where’s the last rattler?
最后一只响尾蛇去哪了?
In a kindergarten? In a church?
在幼儿园?在教堂?
In a crowded elevator? Where?
还是在挤满人的电梯里?到底在哪呢?
I give up. Where?
我放弃了,在哪里?
In my desk drawer, fan.
在我桌子的抽屉里,伙计
Stashed away. Only nobody knows it, see?
藏起来就没有人知道了,明白?
The story’s good for another three days.
这个消息的热度还会维持三天
Then when I’m good and ready, we come out with a big extra.
等我弄好了,我们就弄出一个大的额外新闻
“Sun-Bulletin Snags Number 50.”
“阳光公告:第五十个困难”
Where do you get those ideas?
你怎么想到这些的?
Herbie, boy, how long did you go to that, uh, school of journalism?
赫比,你在那个新闻学校呆了多久啊?
Three years.
三年
Three years down the drain.
三年就这么流过去了
Me, I didn’t go to any college, but I know what makes a good story.
我没上过大学,但是我知道一个好新闻需要什么
Because before I ever worked on a paper, I sold ’em on a street corner.
因为在我在报社工作之前,我在街角卖♥♥报纸
You know the first thing I found out?
你知道我第一发现是什么吗?
Bad news sells best.
坏消息最受欢迎
Because good news is no news.
因为好消息都不算是消息
Better get some gas.
最好加点油
Hey! Anybody here?
嘿,有人吗?
Hey!
嘿!
Service!
买♥♥东西!
Anybody home?
有人在家吗?
Sorry to bother you, lady.
女士,不好意思打扰你了
I’d like to buy some gas.
我想买♥♥点汽油
Hey, there’s something screwy about this place.
这里有点怪兮兮的
There’s just an old lady in there that’s…
只有一个老妇人在里面
What would the law be doing up there in that old Indian cliff dwelling?
在印第安人居住的悬崖上,法律会有什么作用?
Maybe they got a warrant for Sitting Bull for that Custer rap.
也许这样他们就有正当理由给卡斯特家族猎杀野牛了
Come on, Herbie. Let’s go visiting. It’s for free.
快点,赫比,我们去看看,是免费的
I can get the gas on the way back.
我可以回来再买♥♥油
That is, if she’s stopped praying.
如果她停止祈祷的话,就买♥♥得到
Who? That old lady in there.
谁? 里面的老太太
What’s she praying for? I don’t know.
她在祈祷什么? 我也不知道
But whatever she’s praying for, she’s sure praying hard.
不管她在祈祷什么,她真的是很虔诚
Hmm. Maybe it ties in. Let’s see.
嗯,也许这样可以使自己和上帝联♥系♥起来,看着吧
Oh. I thought you were the doctor.
哦,我还以为你是医生呢
What’s the matter? Somebody hurt? We don’t know yet.
怎么了?有人受伤? 我们还不知道
He’s way in there, under that mountain. What happened?
他在那边,在山脚 出什么事了?
We had a cave-in this morning.
今天早上有个地方坍塌了
Oh. That so? Dumb cluck.
是这样吗? 没用的话
Everybody keeps tellin’ him, “Stay outta that place. Stay outta there.”
所有的人都跟他说“离那远点,远点”
Not Leo. Stubborn like a mule.
除了里奥,他可犟了
He always keeps goin’ back diggin’ for those Indian pots.
他老是反复进出,去挖那些印第安人的罐罐
Who’s Leo? My husband.
谁是里奥? 我丈夫
Oh. Well, I’m sorry to hear about it. Hop in.
哦,听到这个消息我很难过,上来吧
You live around here? Yeah.
你住这附近? …是的
I’m Mrs. Leo Minosa.
我是里奥·明诺萨太太
We own that trading post down on the highway.
我们在高速路下面有个店
Finest store in downtown Escudero.
是埃斯库德罗最好的店
Is that what they call this place… Escudero?
人们叫这埃斯库德罗?
Got a couple of other names for it myself.
我自己给它取了好几个名字
Did the Indians really live in that place 450 years ago?
印第安人真的在四百五十年前住那?
I wouldn’t know. I haven’t been around that long.
我也不知道,我在这呆得也不久
It only seems that long.
不过看起来很长
Say, if you gents stopped by to see that broken-down cliff dwelling…
要是你们俩顺便去看看那个破败的悬崖居住区的话
you sure picked a swell day.
你肯定会觉得度日如年
Let’s have the facts. You’re his father?
告诉我们真实情况,你是他爸爸?
Yes. I’m his father.
是的
How long has he been inside? Pretty near six hours now.
他困在里面多久了? 快六个小时了
How far down you think he is?
你觉得他在多下面的地方?
Oh, about 250 or 300 foot, I should judge.
按我估计的话,可能在两百五到三百英尺之间
Best we could do was to get in about half way.
我们最多能进到一半的地方
You gotta watch yourself. Swing that pick too hard in them old walls…
你要小心点你那个锄头,在这堆古墙里动得太厉害的话
you start a sand slide and block up the whole place.
会引起沙地滑落而导致整个地区堵塞
Then good-bye Leo.
那么就见不到里奥了
Is that coffee good and hot, Lorraine? Sure, it’s hot.
咖啡又热又好吗,洛林? 是的,热的
The sandwiches are in the blanket. So are the cigars.
三明治在篮子里,雪茄也在
How’s Mama? All right, I guess.
妈妈怎么样? 我想应该还好
How do I find my way? Just follow our rope. We left it in there.
我怎么进去? 跟着我们的绳子走,我们留在那的
After that, holler. He’ll yell back.
跟着那个,他会回应你的
Wait a minute, you.
你等一下
Nobody goes no place here without I say so.
没有我的允许,谁都不可以随意走动
He’s cold. He’s hungry. We’ve got to let him know we’re doing something.
他又冷又饿,我们得让他知道我们做了点事情
Look, I got my hands full already without havin’ two of ya in there.
我本来就忙得一团乱了,你俩要困里面不是更乱
Somebody’s got to go. How about those Indians?
但总有人的进去吧 这些印第安人怎么样?
What do you say, Chief? You oughta know your way around here pretty well.
酋长,你怎么想?你应该对着附近很了解的
They won’t go in. They never do.
他们不会进去的,他们从来不去
Bad spirits. Ah, go on.
错误的想法 啊,去吧
What are you holdin’ out for, a couple of bucks?
你在等什么?等再坍塌?
He says it’s their holy mountain.
他说这里是他们的圣洁之山
The Mountain of the Seven Vultures.
是七个贪婪之人的山
The Mountain of the Seven Vultures.
七个贪婪之人的山
It’s got a sound to it.
听起来感觉挺像的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!