You read it. We’ll have Leo out by tomorrow morning.
看不懂吗,明天早上要把里奥救出来
We’re going the other way. What other way?
要想别的办法? 什么别的办法?
The way we could have gone in the first place… the easy way.
我们一开始就应该用的办法…简单的办法
Now why should we do that?
为什么要这么做?
I’ll tell you why. Because the guy in there is dying.
我告诉你为什么,因为他就要死了
That’s no good for my story.
这对我影响不好
When you have a big human interest story…
这是有关人性的报道
you’ve got to give it a big human interest ending.
结尾也要人性一点
When you get people steamed up like this, don’t ever make suckers out of them.
已经让人们这么群情激昂了,不能忽然冷下来
I don’t want to hand them a dead man. That’s why.
我不想给他们一个死人,就是这原因
Well, who says he’s gonna be dead? I say so.
谁说他会死的? 我说的
Well, maybe he will and maybe he won’t, but I know one thing for sure.
可能会死可能不会死,但是我知道有件事很确定
If we make that switch now, we got a lot of explainin’ to do.
如果现在想别的办法,需要花很大力气解释
People are gonna wanna know a lot of things…
大家会有很多疑问
especially them reporter friends of yours.
特别是你的那些记者朋友
Like, for instance, why did we have to set up that drill?
会问我们到底为什么要弄钻井?
Why did we waste five days?
为什么要浪费五天
First, let’s get him out. Then we’ll think of what to tell them.
先把他救出来再想办法
Why should we stick out our necks? Why not stick to the drill?
为什么要自找麻烦?为什么不能就钻下去
We’ll speed it up as much as we can, and if we get him while he’s still alive, well, fine.
我们会尽量加快速度,如果能活着救出来最好
If we’re too late, well, we done the best we could.
不行的话我们也已经尽力了
It’s a better story if we’re not too late.
如果能救下来不是更好吗
I’ve sent for Smollett.
我把斯莫利特叫来
Smollett’s my man, and he’s takin’ my orders.
斯莫利特是我的人,得听我命令
Wait a minute, Gus.
等等,格斯
Sit down.
坐下
Now when Smollett comes, you can give him your orders.
等斯莫利特来了,你就下命令吧
Tell him to go in through the cliff dwelling…
告诉他从山侧面凿开
shore it up and get him out fast.
尽快把人救出来
Not through the cliff dwelling.
这办法不行
You can’t get him out that way anymore.
永远救不出来了
Why?
为什么?
Because we’ve been pounding away with that drill too long.
因为钻的时间太长了
They’re all shot, those walls. You can’t shore ’em up now.
墙上很多裂口,直接推倒很危险
Put a lot of men to work in there, and they’ll cave in on ’em.
人太多了,可能会直接塌下去
Don’t look at me like that.
别这么看着我
I never wanted to use the drill in the first place.
一开始我就不赞成用钻机
I never wanted to go in on this at all.
我也不想这样的
You know that.
你也知道
I’m sorry, Mr. Nagel. He’s not back yet.
对不起,奈格尔先生,他还没回来
No, I don’t know where he is.
我不知道他在哪儿
Well, yes, Mr. Nagel, I left word everyplace for him to call New York.
对,奈格尔先生,我已经说了,一找到他就让他打电♥话♥
Yes, I know he has a deadline.
对,我知道他有期限
Well, of course he hasn’t answered the Teletype, Mr. Nagel.
他没有用打字机,对,奈格尔先生
He hasn’t been in all night.
整个晚上都不在
Yes, I know how much you’re paying him.
是,我知道您付他多少钱
If Tatum said he’s gonna send more, he’ll send more.
他只要说过会多发,就一定会多发
Chuck! Chuck!
查克!查克!
Where are you, Chuck?
你在哪儿,查克?
Here I am, Leo.
我在这儿,里奥
Over here.
这边
I thought you went away.
我以为你走了
Put that thing back on your mouth, and take a good long drag.
把那个放到嘴上,深吸一口
It’s morning, isn’t it?
现在是早上了吧?
Leo, you have to breathe that oxygen.
里奥,吸几口氧气
Friday morning.
星期五早上
Come on. Come on, up there.
来吧,来吧,上面的
Make all the noise you want.
开始钻吧
Hurry up.
快点
I’m all set.
我已经准备好了
I got one leg out already.
一条腿已经出来了
See it?
看到了?
Cut out all that talking, Leo.
不要说话,里奥
Five years today.
到今天五年了
I hope she hasn’t found the present.
希望她没有找到
I want to give it to her myself.
我想亲自送给她
I hid it in a good place…
我藏起来了
in the cupboard of my room, in my old barracks bag.
在我房♥间的衣柜里,在我的旧行军袋里
She’ll never find it there.
她肯定找不到
I want her to wear it.
我想让她戴上
She’ll look like a million.
看起来肯定漂亮极了
Why is it so hot in here? It’s so hot.
怎么这里这么热?好热啊
‘Cause you’re talking too much.
因为你说话太多了
Don’t be so dumb, using up all your strength!
别这么笨,把力气都耗完了
Breathe that oxygen! Breathe!
吸口氧气,吸啊
Don’t you want to get your other leg out?
你不想把另一支腿抽出来?
Yeah, sure. I have to.
想,当然想,我一定要出去
So I can walk down the hill, walk home…
走下山,走回家
walk up the stairs to our room.
走上楼梯,走到我房♥间
So I can give her the present.
然后把礼物给她
Up the stairs.
走上楼梯
Up the stairs.
走上楼梯
Up the stairs.
走上楼梯
I didn’t say come in.
我没让你进来
Now get out, will you, Chuck? I wanted to surprise you.
出去行吗,查克,我要给你个惊喜
I’m changin’ my type. Goin’ light brown again.
我要变一下风格,头发变回浅灰色
That’s the color it was before I started foolin’ around with it.
就是这个颜色,我以前就是这样到处混
I’m cuttin’ it shorter too. What do you think?
我还把头发剪断了,你觉得怎么样?
Herbie’s been lookin’ for you all night. Where have you been?
赫比一晚上都在找你,你去哪儿了?
What’s that? Here.
那是什么? 看看
What is it?
什么
A present. For me?
礼物 给我的?
It’s your anniversary, Mrs. Minosa. Oh.
是周年纪念,明诺萨夫人 哦
Go on. Open it. He wants you to have it.
打开吧,他想让你戴上
“Parisian Furs.”
“巴黎毛皮”
All the way from Albuquerque.
离这里可是够远呢
Gorgeous, isn’t it?
很漂亮,是吧
They must have skinned a couple of hungry rats.
这得用多少老鼠的皮?
Put it on. Honey.
戴上 亲爱的
You wouldn’t want me to wear a thing like this.
你喜欢我带这样的东西?
He bought it for you, didn’t he? Now put it on.
他是给你买♥♥的,不是吗,戴上
Not me. I got enough money to buy me a real fur… a silver fox.
我不戴,我自己有钱,买♥♥真正的毛皮…银狐皮
He wants you to wear it. I don’t care what…
他想让你戴上 我才不在乎
I do.
我在乎
I hate it, Chuck! Don’t take it off.
我讨厌这个,查克 不要摘下来
It’s like him touching me. You know what he said?
感觉就像他在摸我 你知道他说什么了吗?
He said you’ll look like a million.
他说你看起来肯定很漂亮
Let me go, Chuck. You know what else he said?
放开我 你知道他还说什么了吗?
He said maybe you’ll love him now after what’s happened to him.
他说经过这些以后你可能会再爱他
Maybe you and he can start all over again.
也许你们可以重新开始
Let go! You’re all he talks about.
放开! 他整天说的就是你
You’re all he thinks about. Chuck!
他想的就是你 查克
You can buy yourself a dozen silver foxes, but you’re gonna wear this.
你可以给自己买♥♥银狐皮,但是这个一定要戴
Don’t, Chuck!
不要,查克
Don’t! I can’t breathe!
不要,我喘不过气了
He can’t breathe either.
他也喘不过气
Now keep it on.
带着
Father Diegos?
蒂亚古牧师?
Is that you, Father? Yes, Leo.
是你吗,神父? 是我,里奥
Is Chuck with ya?
查克也来了吗?
I’m right here, Leo.
我在这儿里奥
See that she gets the present, Chuck.
把礼物给她了吧,查克
She’s wearing it.
她戴上了
She… She is?
是吗?
How does she like it? Does she look pretty in it?
她喜欢吗?带着漂亮吗?
Yes, Leo.
是,里奥
Thanks, Chuck.
谢谢你查克
I’m ready.
我准备好了
Bless me, Father, for I have sinned.
保佑我吧,神父,我有罪
I’m sorry.
我很抱歉

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!