Okay,uh,by formal you mean…
不不,没有
No. No,we don’t.
图书馆?
A library?
没有
No.
医疗中心? 没有?
A health services center? No.
没有
No.
课程呢?
Your curriculum?
课程? – 对
Our curriculum? Yes.
课程表? 全面的开课列表?
Do you have a course book? A comprehensive list of your available classes?
那当然 阳光,你能…
Oh,yeah,absolutely. Uh,Sunshine. Can you…
这是什么?
What is this?
我们的课程 这是我们在南哈蒙所提供的课程
Our curriculum. These are the courses we offer at South Harmon.
开玩笑 “闲散101”?
This is a joke. “Slacking 101”?
告诉我,基恩斯先生
Uh,tell me,Mr. Gaines,
保险杠的贴纸上有什么课?
how does one major in bumper stickers?
先生
BARTLEBY: Sir,um…
对不起,基恩斯先生
I’m sorry,Mr. Gaines.
看不到有价值的
I fail to see any merit
任何有学术价值的东西在板子上
or scholastic value in anything listed on that board.
好的,各位 能帮我解释?
Okay,uh,guys,you want to help me out here?
在“散步和思考”中
In “Taking A Walk and Thinking About Stuff,”
我们思考人生要做什么
we get to think about what we want to do with our lives
在一个减压的环境之中
in a stress-free environment.
“让他对你说202”是门艺术课
“Let It Speak To You 202” is an art class in which we discover our talents
我们通过调查个人经历 发现自身才华
by examining our personal life experiences.
“滑板234”我们建斜坡 来叫我们工程…
In “Skateboarding 234” we built a ramp that teaches us about engineering…
物理 – 空气动力学
And physics. And aerodynamics.
“摇滚222”
In “Rock Our Faces Off 222”
我们听音乐 抒发对迷失一代的担心
we listen to the music and lyrical angst of a lost generation.
同时摇滚到死
And we rock our faces off.
的确
They do.
目前有教员吗?
Do you have faculty present?
有的
Yes,we do,sir.
教员,站起来
Faculty,stand.
什么意思?
What is the meaning of this?
看,在南哈蒙 学生就是老师
See,at South Harmon,sir,the students are the teachers.
太荒谬了
Aw,this is preposterous.
学生不是也不能是老师
Students are not and cannot be teachers.
范霍恩校长说的对
CHAlRMAN: Dean Van Horne is right.
你必须有原则上的教员 否则无法被承认
You must have a faculty as defined by the state,or you cannot be accredited.
基恩斯先生 那你有没有教员?
Mr. Gaines,have you employed a faculty or not?
呃…
Um…
教员出列
Present and accounted for.
上帝保佑
Oh,for God’s sake.
亚历山大先生 这个家伙已经很长时间不敢了
Dr. Alexander,this man has not been a part of academia for three decades.
我们在哈蒙共事二十几年
We were on the faculty together at Harmon in our late 20s,
后来他被炒了
and he washed out.
他是酒鬼,老了 有些疯狂行为
He’s a drunk,he’s a degenerate,and he’s looney tunes.
嘿,混♥蛋♥!你在说我舅舅!
Hey,asshole! You’re talking about my mom’s brother!
坐下! – 好
Oh,sit down! Okay.
嘿!你为什么不把博士学位带来塞到你屁♥股♥下?
Hey! Why don’t you take your PhD and shove it up your A-S-S?
安静!别乱套!
CHAlRMAN: Settle down right this minute!
刘易斯校长!坐下!
Dean Lewis! Sit down.
安静!
Order!
我失控了
Couldn’t help myself.
那么,基恩斯先生 这是真的?
CHAlRMAN: So,is that it,Mr. Gaines?
你们有个正式教师 来为300多名学生服务?
You have one formal teacher for upwards of 300 students?
基恩斯先生?
Mr. Gaines.
回答我的问题
Answer the question.
我不准备回答你的问题
Nah,I’m not gonna answer your question,
因为你们已经打定主意
’cause you guys have already made up your minds.
我是拒绝方面的专家
I’m an expert in rejection,
我能看清你们的面目
and I can see it on your faces.
太遗憾 你们的裁决和我们预料的一样
And it’s too bad that you judge us by the way we look
你们没有理解我们
and not by who we are.
这是因为你们想我们和他们一样
Just because you want us to be more like them
但事实上我们不喜欢这样
when the truth is we’re not like them.
我为我们所做的事情而自豪
And I am damn proud of that fact.
太棒了!
Rock on!
我的意思是
I mean,
哈蒙学院有它一百多年的历史传统
Harmon College and their– and their 100 years of tradition.
但传统是什么?
But tradition of what?
欺压同学
Of hazing kids
羞辱看不惯的人
and humiliating anyone who’s a little bit different?
给孩子们很大压力
Of putting so much pressure on kids
导致压力过大而失常 染上毒瘾
they turn into these– these stress freaks and caffeine addicts.
你这个冒牌学校在诋毁真正的大学!
Your phony school demeans real colleges everywhere!
为什么?为什么不能共存?
Why? Why can’t we both exist? Huh?
你们有你们的规则
You can have your grades,and your rules
你们的构成 你们的象牙塔
and your structure,and your ivory towers,
而我们做我们自己的
and then we’ll do things our way.
为什么要遵守你们的规则?
Why do we have to conform to what you want?
你的课程是个玩笑 而你,先生,你是罪犯
Your curriculum is a joke,and you,sir,are a criminal.
知道什么? 你是罪犯
You know what? You’re a criminal.
因为你剥夺了这些孩子的创造性和激♥情♥
‘Cause you rob these kids of their creativity and their passion.
这是真的犯罪
That’s the real crime!
对 – 也许他是对的
Yeah. Maybe he’s right.
你的父母呢?
Well,what about you parents?
系统是为你设计的?
Did–Did the system really work out for you?
它教你顺从你们的心
Did it teach you to follow your heart,
做个顺民? 都很听话?
or to just play it safe,roll over?
你们呢?
What about you guys?
你们一直想做学校行政员?
Did you always want to be school administrators?
亚历山大博士 你有什么梦想?
Dr. Alexander,was that your dream?
也许没有 也许想做诗人
Or maybe no,maybe you wanted to be a poet.
或者魔术师,艺术家
Maybe you wanted to be a magician or an artist.
或者只想周游世界
Maybe you just wanted to travel the world.
看,我…撒谎了
Look,l–l–l–I lied to you.
我对所有人撒谎 非常抱歉
I lied to all of you,and I’m sorry.
爸,尤其是你
Dad,especially to you.
但绝望之余 有些事情很激动
But out of that desperation,something happened that was so amazing.
一生有很多可能
Life was full of possibilities.
难道这不是你们最后的要求?
A-A-And isn’t that what you ultimately want for us?
作为父母,我的意思是 便是“可能”
As parents,I mean,is–is that,is possibilities.
今天我们来这请求你们的批准
Well,we came here today to ask for your approval,
有些事情发生了
and something just occurred to me.
我不在乎!
I don’t give a shit!
谁在乎你们的批准?
Who cares about your approval?
我们不需要你的批准来告诉我们 什么才是真的
We don’t need your approval to tell us that what we did was real.
因为真♥相♥总是掌握在少数人手里
‘Cause there are so few truths in this world,
当你发现了 你就明白
that when you see one,you know it.
我明白这是一个真♥相♥
And I know that it is a truth
真正的学习发生在南哈蒙
that real learning took place at South Harmon.
无论你是否喜欢 它是事实
Whether you like it or not,it did.
不需要老师,教室
‘Cause you don’t need teachers or classrooms
以及虚浮的传统或者金钱来学习
or–or fancy highbrow traditions or money to really learn.
只需要大家有着提高自己的愿望
You just need people with a desire to better themselves,
这在南哈蒙已经拥有
and we got that by the shitload at South Harmon.
所以你们继续 标榜你们的规则
So you can go ahead,sign your forms,
拒绝我们,打击我们 做你们想做的
reject us and shoot us down,and do whatever you gotta do.
这一点都没有关系
It doesn’t really matter at this point.
因为我们不会停止学习
Because we’ll never stop learning,
也不会停止成长
and we’ll never stop growing,
我们不会忘记在
and we’ll never forget the ideals that were instilled in us
我们的土地上灌输的理想
at our place.
因为我们是南哈蒙的主人
‘Cause we are S.H.I.T. heads now,
我们也一直都会是南哈蒙的主人
and we’ll be S.H.I.T. heads forever
无论你说的,做的,盖的
and nothing you can say or do or stamp
可以让我们改变! 去他妈的!
can take that away from us! So go!
随你们!
Go ahead!
各位