Happy New Year!
谢谢你 蒂姆
Thank you, Tim.
不用谢 波莉
You’re welcome, Polly.
老妈知道吗
Does Mum know?
不知道
Not a whistle.
奇怪了 那万一…
Strange. And what about the whole…
产生蝴蝶效应是吧 怎么说呢
Butterfly effect thing. What can I say?
目前看来我们还没毁坏人类文明
We don’t seem to have messed up civilisation yet.
今年会很复杂
It’s gonna be a complicated year.
今生也会很复杂
It’s gonna be a complicated life.
那你都回去干了些什么
What have you done with it?
对我来说 就是看书 看书 看书
For me, it’s books, books, books.
把一个人想看的书都看完了
I’ve read everything a man could wish to.
看了两遍 狄更斯的三遍
Twice. Dickens three times.
你想干些什么
Any first thoughts?
我想
Well, I suppose apart from
除了弄个更潮流的发型外
getting a slightly better haircut…
很明显还要赚很多钱
Money would be the obvious thing.
这亦好亦坏
Very mixed blessing.
你爷爷这辈子就被这样毁了
Utterly screwed up your grandfather’s life.
孤独终老
Left him without love or friends.
我也从未遇到过真正快乐的富豪
I’ve never bumped into a genuinely happy rich person.
如果可以不用工作也不错
It would be nice not to have to work.
不行 它是万劫之首啊
No, that’s a real recipe for disaster.
看看你叔叔弗雷德就知道了
Look what happened to Uncle Fred.
他怎么了
What happened to Uncle Fred?
一事无成
Absolutely sod all.
混日子
Wasted his life.
必须把运用这种能力
You have to use it for things that you really think
把人生变成你真正想要的样子
will make your life the way you want it to be.
真的 要好好考虑
Come on, really think about this.
其实嘛
Well,
老实说 现在我只希望
to be honest, I suppose, at the moment,
这种超能力能帮我找到个女朋友
it would be just great if it could help me get a girlfriend.
这可不容易
Massive.
是啊 重头戏
The mothership.
我一直渴望得到真爱
For me, it was always gonna be about love.
今年夏天我就陷入了爱情的泥潭中
And that summer I walked into the eye of the storm.
她叫夏洛特
Her name was Charlotte.
是我妹那渣男友吉米的表妹
Cousin of Kit Kat’s handsome but nasty boyfriend Jimmy.
她在我家待了整整两个月
And she was staying for two whole months.
就这个 不是全部
Just one. Not both of them.
蒂姆
Tim,
可以帮我擦防晒霜吗
will you do my back?
当然
Absolutely!
很殷勤嘛
Very keen!
不 不
Whoa! No. No.
不 不 不
No. No, no. No, no, no.
-弄到头发上了? -是的
– Is it in my hair? – Yes!
蒂姆 可以帮我擦防晒霜吗
Tim. Will you do my back?
可以 等一会儿
Sure. Just give us a sec.
好的
Okay.
谢谢
Thank you.
来了
Now…
好舒服啊
Ooh. Nice.
我最拿手了
It’s my area.
这是一个又晒又折磨人的夏天
It was a summer of suntan and torture.
我之所以叫我那呆瓜朋友杰来打网球
I invited my foolish friend Jay around for tennis
是因为我原以为他能衬托出我很厉害
because I thought he’d make me look good.
但我错了
I was wrong!
-你怎么打的啊 -抱歉抱歉
– What are you doing? – No.
夏洛特把我俩玩得团团转
Charlotte just made both of us look like idiots.
运气不好啊 蒂姆
Bad luck, Tim.
妈的 这怎么能让人集中精神打球嘛
How the hell are you meant to concentrate on your game?
这样下去
How are you meant to live your life
让我怎么过今后的生活啊
with this sort of shit going down?
情况一直这样
It never got better until suddenly
直到快来不及了
it was almost too late.
夏洛特 这是我们最后一次午餐了
Well, Charlotte, our final lunch.
不要
No!
有你的这个夏天很开心
And it’s been really, really lovely having you all summer.
是的
It has.
谢谢 谢谢
Thank you. Thank you.
真的 真的很开心
It has. It really has.
德斯蒙德 很开心吧
Hasn’t it, Desmond?
你说啥
Beg your pardon?
这个夏天有夏洛特很开心
Lovely having Charlotte here all summer.
夏洛特? 谁是夏洛特啊
Charlotte? Who’s Charlotte?
长点记性 夏洛特就坐在你旁边
Come on, darling. Charlotte, sitting next to you.
是哦 记起来了 你是夏洛特
Yes, of course. Of course. Charlotte.
很高兴认识你
Lovely to meet you.
蒂姆 这个夏天有夏洛特在你开心吗
Have you enjoyed having Charlotte here all summer, Tim?
八月要结束了
There goes August.
我都教了他好多事情了
I’ve introduced him to most things, haven’t I?
是的 你比他有经验嘛
You did. You were much more sophisticated.
而且不露声色
In a quiet way, I like to think.
进来
Come in.
夏洛特
Charlotte.
最后一晚了 能问你一个问题吗
As it’s your last night, can I ask you a question?
问吧
Yeah. Ask away.
等等
No, wait.
不会是向我表白吧
It’s not going to be about love, is it?
表白? 表白什么
Love? What?
奇巧警告过我
Well, it’s just that Kit Kat warned me
如果你向我表白
that if you were to ever mention it,
那我就必须以强硬姿态告诉你
I should be very firm with you and tell you
必须把我当成你的妹妹
you must treat me like your sister
别做傻事
and not be stupid.
还是我完全误会了
Or have I just made a total fool of myself
你其实只是趁最后一晚
and you were actually going to ask me for
跑来问我关于打网球的技巧是吧
late night last minute tennis tips?
不是 我就是来表白的
No, it was the love thing.
好吧
Well.
你人真好
That’s very sweet of you.
可惜你拖到最后一晚才表白
It’s just a shame you left it till the last night.
你应该在我们还有时间的时候
You should have tried creeping along the corridor
多多溜到我门外来
while we still had time.
所以不该最后一晚表白?
Okay, the “Last night” was a bad idea?
是的
Very bad idea.
都快分开了才说 感觉有点侮辱人呢
It feels like an ever so slightly insulting afterthought.
最后一晚表白是行不通的
“Last night” was never going to work.
好的 就这样 我明白了
All right. Good. I’ve got it.
进来
Come in.
-蒂姆 -夏洛特
– Tim. – Charlotte.
坐这儿
Sit down.
可能你已经感觉到了
I know you’ve probably suspected this,
过去一个月我完完全全地爱上了你
but over the last month I’ve fallen completely in love with you.
现在是时候表白了
Now obviously this was gonna happen
你是我的女神 天使般的脸蛋
because you’re a goddess with that face
一头柔软的长发
and that hair,
即使你没有漂亮的脸蛋
but even if you didn’t have a nice face,
或是因为什么医疗事故
and even if you had absolutely no hair
你变成了秃子
because of some bizarre medical reason,
我依然喜欢你
I’d still adore you,
我…
and I…
我想知道我是否有一丝希望
I just wondered whether, by any chance,
让你也如此动心
you might share my feelings.
不如这样
I tell you what.
不如等到夏天结束
Why don’t we see how the summer goes
到最后一晚再来表白
and then you ask me again on my last night?
-最后一晚? -是的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!