雷 我是华伦
Ray, it’s Warren.
因为一些书信我们的友情就此结束
I know we separated on a bit of a sour note…
但我再三考虑之后决定打电♥话♥告诉你
…but I just thought I should call and tell you…
我一直在考虑 在灵魂深处反思 于是
…that I’ve been doing some thinking and some soul-searching and, well…
我想告诉你我愿意和你好好谈谈
…I just wanted to tell you that I’m willing to talk about this…
因为事情
…because of all the things that have…
如果您的留言结束 请按1
If you are satisfied with your message, press one.
如果要听您的留言 请按2
To listen to your message, press two.
如果要删除留言 请按3
To erase and rerecord, press three.
如果要继续留言 请
To continue recording where you…
留言信息已删除
Message erased.
在提示音处 请重新记录您的信息
At the tone, please rerecord your message.
如果要重新留言 请按1
At the end of your message, press one.
海伦
Helen?
在你的心底深处
What did you really think of me…
你认为我是什么样的人
…deep in your heart?
我是你希望嫁给的男人吗
Was I really the man you wanted to be with?
是我吗
Was I?
或者你很失望但却因为善良而不愿表明
Or were you disappointed and too nice to show it?
我原谅了你和雷的事
I forgive you for Ray.
我原谅你们 毕竟那是很久以前的事了
I forgive you. That was a long time ago.
我知道我并不是人中龙凤
And I know I wasn’t always the king of kings.
我让你很失望
I let you down.
我很抱歉 海伦
I’m sorry, Helen.
你能原谅我吗
Can you forgive me?
你会原谅我吗
Can you forgive me?
所以 恩杜戈
And so, Ndugu…
我要告诉你这次旅行非常有意思
…I must say it’s been a very rewarding trip.
今天早上 我在野地里从睡梦中醒来
And this morning, I awoke from my night in the wilderness…
整个人都变了
…completely transformed.
焕然一新
I’m like a new man.
这么多年来 我第一次感到如此朝气蓬勃
For the first time in years, I feel clear.
我知道我想要什么 我知道我该做什么
I know what I want, I know what I’ve got to do…
再也没有什么能阻止我了
…and nothing’s going to stop me ever again.
这里我在每次寄给你的支票上
Meanwhile, along with the usual check…
多加了一点钱 希望你能用来买♥♥自己喜欢的东西
…I’m enclosing a little something extra to spend as you please.
你真挚的华伦·施密特
Yours very truly, Warren Schmidt.
华伦 真高兴再见到你
Warren. How grand to see you again.
希望我来得不是那么唐突 – 一点也不
Well, I hope I’m not intruding. – Not at all.
当然不会 接到你的电♥话♥我非常高兴 现在你终于来了让我更开心
I was happy to get your call and learn that you were finally in town.
我想经历了那场悲伤之后 这趟旅行对你大有益处
I’ll bet that trip did you a lot of good after all you’ve been through.
我给你寄了一张明信片 你收到了吗
I sent you a card. Did you get my card?
噢 是的 非常美丽的明信片 谢谢你
Oh, yes, uh, lovely card. Thank you.
但我还是想亲自向你表示 我对海伦的过世深表遗憾
But I wanna say it to you in person. I am so sorry about Helen.
我只见过她一次
I only met her that once…
但孩子们订婚后我们经常互通电♥话♥
…but we talked often on the phone after the engagement.
她是一位非常好的女人
She was a fine, fine woman.
一位非常非常好的女性
A fine, fine human being.
谢谢你
Thank you.
你想喝点什么 我想你大概可以喝点鸡尾酒
So, what can I get you to drink? Bet you could use a cocktail.
不 我很好
Oh, no, I’m fine.
我想等孩子们来
Uh, I’ll just wait till the kids get here.
我正在调配曼哈根鸡尾酒
Well, I am having a Manhattan.
啊 好吧 怎么回事
Ah, well, what the heck?
是吗 来两杯吧 – 好的
Make it two, ha, ha. – Okay.
谢谢
Thank you.
感觉好多了
Mm, that’s better.
上星期真是忙得不可开交
This last week has been so stressful.
海伦真幸运 我是指她根本不用为这些事发愁了
The only way that Helen is lucky, and I do mean the only way…
我和珍妮几乎忙坏了
…is she didn’t have to go through this week with Jeannie and me.
订花 婚纱 亲友们 还有结婚旅行 订房♥间
The florist, the dress, the relatives, the travel arrangements, the motels…
还有女傧相 伴郎 晚礼服
…the bridesmaids, the groomsmen, the gowns.
你知道吗 还有很多人没联♥系♥上
And do you realize how many people still have not RSVP’d?
华伦 实际上到现在都还没完呢
Oh, Warren, it simply does not stop.
另外 我们还需要一点钱来支付教堂费用
By the way, we do still need that check for the church.
珍妮告诉过你吗
Did Jeannie mention it to you?
因为我们很急着需要这笔钱
Because we’ve needed it for some time now.
实际上这已经成了一个大问题
Actually, it’s been a bit of a problem.
罗蓓塔
Roberta.
罗蓓塔 – 什么事
Roberta. – What?
我弄不转这该死的鬼东西
I can’t make this goddamned thing work.
肯定是有人把它弄坏了
I mean, somebody really screwed it up.
我去去就来
Would you excuse me?
你♥他♥妈♥的搞什么名堂
What is your fucking problem?
你没看见我正忙着吗
Don’t you think I have enough to deal with?
所以我过来看看能不能帮点忙
That’s why I offered to come over and help.
我是来帮忙的 – 你帮不上忙 听着
You know, I am trying to help. – Well, this is no help.
你现在到底要我做什么
I mean, look at it. What do you expect me to do?
我会修好它的 告诉我你想怎么做
Well, I will fix it. But you have to tell me how you want it.
我不是神仙 – 算了吧 等我自己来
I’m not a mind reader. – Oh, shit. I’ll do it.
家里所有的事情都要我亲自来动手
I’ll do it myself. Like I have to do everything else around here.
给我滚出去 – 我不是神仙
Just get out. – I’m not a mind reader.
我不是一个读心术的人 – 你听得懂英文吗
I’m not a mind reader! – Do you understand English?
滚出去
Get out!
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
你上次见过拉瑞的
You met Larry last time?
是啊 时间很短
Uh, just briefly, yeah.
他总是像个小孩子 自从我们离婚后
He’s like a little boy. I mean, ever since our divorce…
他总想惹点麻烦来引起我注意
…he thinks the only way he can get my attention is by causing a fuss.
我对此了如指掌 真的
I understand it, I do. I just, uh…
我对他实在不想说什么
I feel sorry for him.
我的第一任丈夫也是这个鬼样子
My first husband was exactly the same way.
那家伙才是个真正讨人厌的混♥蛋♥
He turned out to be a real asshole.
好在我的兰德尔知道如何善待一位女士
Now, Randall, he knows how to treat a woman.
说实话 你不觉得他与众不同吗
Honestly, don’t you think he’s something special?

Well, um…
我知道珍妮对他非常痴迷
…I know Jeannie seems to be very taken with him.
但这样也好 是不是
Ha, ha, well, that always helps, doesn’t it? Ha-ha-ha.
我切除子♥宫♥的那次手术
When I had my hysterectomy…
这孩子一直在床边寸步不离地守护我
…that boy did not leave my side for one minute.
寸步不离啊 其他人连眉毛都懒得抬
Not one minute. People used to raise their eyebrows…
他一直到5岁我都还在给他喂奶
…because I breast-fed him until he was almost 5 and I say:
你看 我就说嘛 母子情深啊
“Heh, well, you just look at the results.”
我养育了一个感情丰富的孩子
I raised a sensitive, devoted boy…
他现在已经长大 成了一个重感情的男人
…who has turned into a sensitive, devoted man.
而且他是那么英俊
And he’s also quite easy on the eye.
我总是对此深信不疑
If I do say so myself.
你觉得是不是这样
Don’t you agree?
看看谁来了
Oh, look who’s here.
怎么样
Hey.
爸爸
Dad.
怎么挂起来的 – 哦 呃
How’s it hanging? – Oh, uh…
好的 好的 – 是吗 很好 很好
Fine, fine. – Yeah? Good, good.
你终于来了 – 是的
You’re finally here. – Yeah.
我真高兴 – 嗨 爸爸
I’m stoked. – Hi, Dad.
嗨 甜心 -嗨 妈妈
Hi, sweetheart. – Hi, Mom.
上帝啊 路途感觉如何 我有点担心你
Oh, God. How was your trip? I was a little worried.
很不错 – 嗯
Oh, just great. Yeah. – Yeah.
今天下午进城时 我还遇上了交通堵塞
But, uh, I did run into a lot of traffic heading into town this afternoon.
最后从25号♥公路转上70号♥公路才过来的 要不然还真麻烦
Ended up veering off the 25 onto 70. That wasn’t any better.
我还以为前面在修路或是出了车祸什么的
Guess it must’ve been construction or an accident or something.
丹佛就是这个样子的
Yeah. That’s Denver for you.
要讲州际公路上开车你可不如我
Won’t catch me driving on the interstate.
下一次来的时候在斯皮尔转25号♥公路 然后左转
What you wanna do next time is get off 25 at Speer and take a left.
接着再进第一大道 很快就可以直接开到盖洛德
That’ll turn into First which will lead you directly to Gaylord.
这些消息很有用
Oh, well, that’s good to know.
兰德尔 把这些搬到厨房♥里去 – 好的
Bring that into the kitchen. – Okay.
珍妮 我想和你谈谈
Uh, Jeannie, I need to talk to you about something.
好的 爸爸 但能等会儿吗
Oh, sure, Dad, um, can it wait?
很重要的事 我想和你单独待一会儿
It’s very important. I need some time alone with you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!