That’s right. – Ah.
多么漂亮啊 噢 老兄
What a beauty, huh? Man, oh, man.
我非常喜欢这辆车
Yeah, well, I’m pretty happy with it.
能够登船参观吗 我的船长
Permission to step aboard, captain? Heh.
什么意思
How’s that?
我能进去看看吗
Can I take a look inside?
当然 请自便
Oh, sure. Help yourself.
谢谢你
Thank you.
呀 老天
Oh, yeah, jeez.
看看这房♥间里的一切
Look at all this room.
这些内嵌的家什确实与众不同
These pop-outs really make a difference, don’t they? Ha-ha-ha.
是啊
Yeah.
先生 你的这艘战舰可真干净
Say, you keep a mighty clean galley, mister.
我才上路一星期 – 你肯定在开玩笑
Well, I’ve only been on the road a week. – You’re kidding.
这是你的处♥女♥航吗 – 是啊
This is your maiden voyage? – Yeah.
你一个人旅行 – 对啊
And you’re traveling solo? – That’s right.
上帝啊 来我家吃晚饭吧
Christ, you gotta come over for dinner. We gotta celebrate.
我们要庆祝一番 我老婆维姬做菜很不错 当然 如果你有空的话
My Vicki’s one heck of a cook. I mean, if you’re free, of course.
我要看看我的日程安排
Well, I’ll have to check my schedule.
你好
Ahoy there.
你好
Ahoy!
快上来吧
Get yourself up here.
我是维姬·拉斯克 – 华伦·施密特
I’m Vicki Rusk. – Warren Schmidt.
能结识你让约翰大为激动 – 嗯
John was so excited to meet you. – Mm.
哦 你太客气
Oh, gosh, you shouldn’t have.

闻起来很香嘛
Smells delish.
我希望你喜欢炖牛排 – 当然
Oh, I hope you like beef stew. – Oh, yeah.
呵呵
Heh.
你来了
Hey, there he is.
怎么样 – 很好 很好 让我把你的外套收起来
How are you? – Good, good. Can I take your jacket?
当然 好的
Oh, sure. Yep.
我们到那边去
Ha-ha-ha, there we go.
有什么东西燃起来了 – 嗯
Something burning? – Huh?
不 不 我刚才点了几根火柴而已
Oh, no, no, no. I just lit a couple of matches is all.

Oh.
我们可以移到客厅去吗
Shall we adjourn to the living room while Vicki…?
你的菜做好了吗 – 马上就好
Almost done, aren’t you? – Oh, just about.
华伦给我们带来了啤酒
John, Warren brought us beer.
多谢了 华伦
Oh, thank you, Warren.
到这里来 坐 – 好的
Here, have a seat. – All right.
这里 坐那边 – 好的
Right there. You take that one. – All right. Okay.
那么
So, uh…
你们在奥克莱尔做什么呢
What do you do back in Eau Claire?
我和我兄弟开了家鞋店
Well, my brother and I, we have a shoe store.
嗯 嗯
Mm-hm.
名字叫 “成名鞋品”
Yeah, it’s a Famous Footwear, and, uh…
呵呵 人们总是需要鞋子
Well, people will always need shoes.
维姬是位专职的临床医生
And Vicki here, she’s an occupational therapist.
这差不多就是我们的工作
So that’s our day job, you might say.
你干什么工作
How about yourself?
我曾经在保险公♥司♥干过 不过现在退休了
Oh, I was in the insurance game, but, uh, I’m retired now.
OK 孩子们 晚饭准备好了
Okay, boys, dinner is served.
这是我们在堪萨斯州遇到的一对夫妇
This is a couple we met in Kansas when we were in Kansas.
还记得我告诉过你的那个装木腿的家伙吗
Remember I was telling you about the guy with the wooden leg?
但我们还真是很喜欢他们 我们在堪萨斯州的整个周末都和他们一起度过
But we loved them. We spent a whole weekend with them out in Kansas.
这是罗杰和丹尼斯 还有他们的女儿
And this is Roger and Denise and their daughters.
丹尼斯是你的姐姐吗
Now, Denise is your oldest.
她是二姐 他们住在特拉华
No. She’s the middle one. They live out in Delaware.
这两个小家伙是凯蒂和斯卢恩
And these little cuties are Katie and Sloan.
一个女孩的名字叫“斯卢恩” 我从来没听过有这样的名字
Ah, a girl named Sloan. I’ve never heard that one before.
我们也没有 -我们也没有 没有
Neither had we. – Neither had we, no.
你身上带有女儿的照片吗
Do you have any pictures of your daughter with you?

Um, no, uh…
不在我身上 我没带 不
Not on me, I don’t, no.
钱包里都不带女儿照片
Nothing in your wallet?

Well…
但我带着乔治华盛顿的照片
I might have one of George Washington, though.
哦 亲爱的
Oh, dear.
或者是亚伯拉罕林肯 – 还有谁
Or Abraham Lincoln. – Who?
你是
You are…
嗨 放松些 我们的酒快喝完了
Oh, hey, easy. We’re a little low on truth serum here.
哦 不 -哦 是的 哦 不
Oh, no. – Oh, yeah. Oh, no.
我再去买♥♥几罐来 没问题吧
If I get another six-pack, you gonna be okay?
当然 – 哦 好的
Yes. – Oh, yeah.
亚伯拉罕林肯
Abraham Lincoln.
我马上就回来 – 好的
Be back in a flash. – Okay.
真有意思 嗯 – 我很喜欢那句
Not bad, huh? – I like that.

Yeah.
“还有谁 ”
All right.
这是圣诞节时我们送给他们的小车
Oh, here’s the little cart we got them for Christmas. Is that cute?
很乖巧吧 非常可爱 – 那些可爱的小衣服
Oh, that’s darling. – Those adorable dresses.
这是她们圣诞节时穿的衣服
And these are their christening dresses.
你在那边的家人可真多
That’s quite a family you got there.
你和约翰真的很幸运 – 我知道 我们是很幸运
You and John are very lucky. – Oh, I know, we really are.
我们是 – 嗯 是的
We are. – Hmm, yep.
华伦
Warren…
你不在乎我评价一下你吧
…would you mind if I made an observation?
当然
Sure.
好的 你对什么事都和颜悦色
Well, you put a pretty good face on things…
似乎想什么都深思熟虑
…considering everything you’ve been through lately.
我才刚认识你不久 – 啊哈
And I know I’ve just met you. – Uh-huh.
但我对所有人都有一种直觉 我对你的感觉很怪
But I have good instincts about people, and the feeling that I get from you…
尽管你彬彬有礼 说话风趣
…is that despite your good attitude and your positive outlook…
当我认为你内心其实很沮丧
…I think inside you’re a sad man.

Well…
失去配偶的老人需要一点时间来调整自己
…it does take quite an adjustment there when you lose a spouse.
我觉得这并不是真正的原因
Yeah, but it’s something more than that.
你心里除了丧妻之痛外还有一些东西
I see something more than grief and loss in you.
一些更深层的东西
Something deeper.
比如说
Like what?
我刚认识你 但 – 嗯 嗯
Well, I just met you… – Mm-hm.
我推测那应该是一种愤怒
…but my guess is anger.
愤怒 嗯
Yeah. Yeah, anger and…
我不太确定 也许是恐惧
I don’t know, maybe fear…
孤独
…loneliness.

Well…
我是有点孤独
…I am kind of lonely.
看 我就说嘛
See, there, I knew it.
我能告诉你一些事情吗 – 我听着呢
Can I tell you something? – I’m listening.
我才认识你 不过一小时而已
I’ve only known you for an hour or so…
但我感觉你对我的了解
…and yet I feel like you understand me…
甚至超过了我过世的亡妻
…better than my wife, Helen, ever did.
尽管我和她有着长达42年的婚姻
Even after 42 years of marriage.
42年啊
Forty-two years.
也许我该早点遇到像你这样的人
Maybe if I’d met someone like you earlier…
喔 沮丧的可怜人
Oh, you sad man.
你这个沮丧的可怜人
You sad, sad man.
沮丧的可怜人
You sad man.
是啊 – 是啊
Yeah. – Yeah.
唉 姆
Mm-hm.
放开我 你疯了
Get off me! Are you insane?
上帝啊 你发什么疯啊
God, what is wrong with you?
我真不知道你在想些什么
I don’t know what ideas you’ve got…
你最好现在滚出去
…but you better go right now!
我很抱歉 – 不 不 滚
Uh, I’m sorry. – No, no. Go!
我很抱歉 – 我才不想听你抱歉
I didn’t know. I’m sorry. – I don’t care about sorry. Go!
我不是想 – 滚
I didn’t mean to… – Go!
能把外套递给我吗
Ahem, can I have my jacket?
上帝啊
Christ!

Go!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!