…I met this girl last night and, yeah…
“这对我来说真是难以置信”
…this might sound a little weird coming from me, but, uh, heh…
“但她可真是个嫩雏”
Uh, but this is one chick…
“我很想再看看”
…I might actually wanna see again.”
然后他还告诉我很多别的事情
Then he told me a bunch of other stuff…
我现在没法给大家一一详述
…which I’m not really at liberty to go into right now, heh.
两年前他话音里那些奇妙的东西 现在都变成了现实
But what was in his voice two years ago was confirmed here today.
我是说
I mean…
你们俩是非常了不起的一对
I mean, you guys are just a great couple.
大家都知道
You know, and, uh…
几个月前 你们在那件事上给了我多么大的帮助
…you both really helped me through that thing a couple months ago…
我永远都不会忘记这一切
…and I’ll never forget it.
我爱你们
I love you guys.
我爱你们
I love you guys, ahem.
兰德尔和珍妮万岁
Randall and Jeannie forever!
轰轰他们 让我们欢呼
Hoist them, let’s go.
他们应该要一点拥抱
Oh, look, they want a little smooch.
就在这里给我们来接个吻 来啊 接个吻
Come on, let’s see a little smooch here. Come on, a little smooch.
来吧 大家会付钱给你们的
Oh, come on, these people paid good money.
哈哈哈 – 什么什么
Ha-ha-ha! – What? What?
好了 这里还有孩子们呢
Ah, oh. Oh, hey, there’s children here. Hey.
下面我想有请
Ahem, all right, now I’d like to turn things over to the…
喂 你俩是不是要我们都出去
Do you want us all to leave or…?
我想有请 新娘的父亲
I’d like to turn things over to the proud father of the bride…
华伦·施密特先生讲话
…Mr. Warren Schmidt.
我昨天晚上没有睡好
Ah, I didn’t, ahem, get much sleep last night…
因此如果我讲话有点含糊还请大家原谅
…so forgive me if I’m a little foggy.
但各位都知道
But, you know…
今天是一个特殊的日子
…today is a special day.
我们在这里见证一对新人人生道路的交叉
We’re here to mark a crossroads in the lives of two people.
他们从此走到一起来 沿着一条全新的道路走下去
A crossroads where they come together and now walk along a new road.
这条路和他们以前走过的路都不一样
It’s not the same road that they were on before.
这是一条新路
It’s a new road.
一条路
A road that, um…
在座很多人都知道 我最近才失去了妻子
As many of you know, I lost my wife recently…
珍妮失去了她的母亲
…and Jeannie lost her mother.
海伦和我结婚整整42年了
Helen and I were married 42 years.
她去得是那样突然
She died very suddenly.
我知道她肯定希望今天能和我们欢聚一堂
I know we all wish she could be with us today and I…
我只想知道 她能欣慰地看到
I think it would be appropriate to acknowledge just how pleased she was…
珍妮找到了如意郎君
…that Jeannie had found someone to share her life with…
一位好伴侣
…a companion…
一位伙伴
…a partner.
我想起当时 珍妮第一次告诉我们有人向她求婚
I recall the day when Jeannie first told us she had been proposed to.
那时我们还没有见过兰德尔
We hadn’t yet met this Randall fellow…
因为我们难免有点担心
…so we were understandably a little suspicious.
后来圣诞节时 她把他带回家来
Later, she brought him home for Christmas…
好让我们看看他
…so we could get a look at him.
我记得那天有一场很大的暴风雪
I remember, uh, there was a big snowstorm…
兰德尔帮我扫清了前门的积雪
…and Randall here helped me shovel off the front walk.
他甚至铲起雪往家里丢
He pitched right in. Yeah.
所有这些都让我想说出真正的心里话
But that brings me to what I really wanna say.
我想说 我真正想说的是
What I wanna say, what I really wanna say is, uh…
谢谢你
…thank you.
兰德尔
To you, Randall…
你照顾了我的女儿
…for taking such good care of my daughter…
特别当我们不久前陷入悲伤之中时
…especially recently with our loss.
自从我几天前来到这里
Ever since I arrived here a couple of days ago…
我就满怀喜悦地结识了珍妮的新家人们
…I have so enjoyed getting to know Jeannie’s new family.
罗蓓塔 谢谢你的盛情款待
To Roberta, thank you for your generosity…
为我提供了安居之处
…for opening your home.
还有你精湛的厨艺
Your talent in the kitchen is…
拉瑞 你那雄辩家的口才
Larry, your wonderful eloquence.
桑德拉 你在手工艺品方面的造诣出类拔萃
Saundra, your skill with handicrafts is truly remarkable.
你给我看的那些都是真正的艺术品
That item that you showed me was so very artistic.
邓肯 我对你虽然了解不多
Duncan, I haven’t gotten to know you very well…
但我可以从我们短暂的对话中看出
…but I could tell from our brief conversations…
你是一位善于思考的年轻人
…that you are a very thoughtful young man.
还有其他人
Everybody else…
都是些了不起的人
…terrific people.
非常了不起
Terrific.
总而言之 我只想在这个特殊的日子里说
And in conclusion, I just wanna say on this special day…
这个特殊的日子里
…this very special day…
我非常
…that I am very…
高兴
…pleased.
听 听
Hear, hear!
是的 听 听
Yeah. Hear, hear!
如果像钓鱼一样容易的话 你可能是个音乐家
If it were easy as fishin’ You could be a musician
如果你能使声音响亮或圆润
If you could make sounds loud or mellow
买♥♥一把二手吉他 你会走很远
Get a second-hand guitar Chances are you’ll go far
如果你和一群合适的人在一起
If you get in with the right bunch of fellows
人们看到你在阳光下玩得很开心
People see you havin’ fun Just a-lyin’ in the sun
告诉他们你喜欢这样
Tell them that you like it this way
这是我们逃避的工作 我们都是个体经营者
It’s the work that we avoid And we’re all self-employed
我们喜欢整天无所事事
We love to work at nothing all day
亲爱的恩杜戈
Dear Ndugu.
珍妮的婚礼获得了空前的成功 听到这个消息你大概会高兴吧
You’ll be glad to know that Jeannie’s wedding came off without a hitch.
她和兰德尔现在正前往阳光明媚的奥兰多度蜜月
Right now she and Randall are on their way to sunny Orlando…
当然是我负责支付一切费用了
…on my nickel, of course.
而我 则要返回奥马哈
As for me, I’m headed back to Omaha.
我一路快马加鞭 沿途只停过一次
I’m driving straight through this time and I’ve made only one stop:
那是在内布拉斯加州的卡尼 州际公路交界处的新拱顶
The impressive new arch over the interstate at Kearney, Nebraska.
这座拱顶是为了纪念 当年拓荒者们的勇气和毅力
An arch that commemorates the courage and determination of the pioneers…
他们向西部迈出了第一步
…who crossed the state on their way west.
我自己娶了一位印度新娘
I took an Indian bride myself.
你只有亲眼看到才会相信这是真的
You’ve really got to see it to believe it.
这让我开始思考
And it kind of got me thinking.
看着这段先人的历史
Looking at all that history…
他们的辉煌成就 让我陷入了沉思
…and reflecting on the achievements of people long ago…
他们造就了奇迹
…kind of put things into perspective.
和这些勇敢前辈们的旅行相比
My trip to Denver, for instance, is so insignificant…
我的丹佛之行简直毫无意义
…compared to the journeys that others have taken…
他们所表现的勇气
…the bravery that they’ve shown…
他们所忍♥受的艰苦
…the hardships they’ve endured.
我知道我们都是这个广阔世界中的小人物
I know we’re all pretty small in the big scheme of things.
我想你也许非常希望 能够和别人有所不同
And I suppose the most you can hope for is to make some kind of difference.
但我又做了些什么呢
But what kind of difference have I made?
这个世界有我之后会变得更好吗
What in the world is better because of me?
当我离家前往丹佛 我只想做该做的事
When I was out in Denver, I tried to do the right thing…
我想说服珍妮 让她明白自己犯了一个大错
…tried to convince Jeannie she was making a big mistake…
但我失败了
…but I failed.
现在她嫁给了那个废物 我对此无能为力
Now she’s married to that nincompoop and there’s nothing I can do about it.
我已经软弱无力 我是个失败者
I am weak and I am a failure.
而且还没法逃避
There’s just no getting around it.
很快我就会离开这个世界
Relatively soon, I will die.
也许20年后 也许明天
Maybe in 20 years, maybe tomorrow.
但这都不要紧
It doesn’t matter.
一旦我死了 还有那些认识我的人也都死了
Once I am dead and everyone who knew me dies too…
我就好像从来没有存在过一样
…it will be as though I never even existed.
我的存在对谁有任何意义呢
What difference has my life made to anyone?
我找不到答案
None that I can think of.
根本没有人需要我
None at all.
希望你一切安好
Hope things are fine with you.
你真挚的 华伦·施密特
Yours truly, Warren Schmidt.
亲爱的华伦·施密特
Dear Mr. Warren Schmidt.
我是娜丁·古奇修女
My name is Sister Nadine Gautier…
圣心会修女委员会的成员
…of the order of the Sisters of the Sacred Heart.
我在坦桑尼亚的一个小村子里工作
I work in a small village near the town of Mbeya in Tanzania.
我照顾的一位孩子 正是小恩杜戈·乌姆布 您资助的孩子
One of the children I care for is little Ndugu Umbo, the boy you sponsor.
恩杜戈是个非常聪明可爱的孩子
Ndugu is a very intelligent boy and very loving.
他是个孤儿

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!