嗯 对我而言 我只想说 沃伦
Well, uh, for my part, I would just like to say, Warren…
作为一个接管你们的新人 我希望 我可以马上就位
…that as the new guy taking over for you, I hope I can fill your shoes.
因为我在你们的眼中的形象
Because from the looks of the people here…
还有你们对我的想法 是非常重要的
…and what they think about you, they sure seem awfully big.
就如你们所知道的那样 从得梅因来到这
Well, as most of you know, I just moved here recently from Des Moines…
还有我的妻子帕蒂 14个月大的儿子金布里
…with my wife Patty here and, uh, Kimberly, our 14-month old…
你们让我们感觉到我们是那么的受欢迎
…and you all have just made us feel so welcome.
沃伦 我也欢迎你
And, uh, Warren, I want you to feel just as welcome…
随时去我的办公室
…to drop by the office to visit anytime you want.
就如我们刚讨论的上两周的情况
In fact, uh, as we’ve been discussing the last couple of weeks…
关于我们各方面的生产问题 我有点疑问
…I might have some questions to ask you about our various products.
例如大家的生活福利 我们下个月就实施
Like the new Universal Life policy we’re launching next month.
还有
And, uh…
总之 这杯敬你 沃伦
Well, anyway, here’s to you, Warren.
注意 注意
Hear, hear.
沃伦 -致沃伦·施密特
Warren. – To Warren Schmidt.
干杯
Cheers.
沃伦
Hey, Warren.
这些年轻人接管我们的工作你感觉怎么样
How do you feel about these young punks taking over our jobs?
对我而言似乎是个阴谋
Seems like some kind of conspiracy to me.
我认识沃伦
Now, I’ve known Warren here…
可能比你们在坐的时间都长
…probably longer than most of you people have been alive.
沃伦和我很久很久以前
Warren and I go way back.
很久很久以前 在乌德门骑马坐马车的童年
Way back to the horse-and-buggy days at Woodmen.
但那已成为过去 – 呵呵
But that’s ancient history. – Heh.
我知道一些关于你隐退的消息
Anyway, I know something about retirement.
而我想对你大声说出来的就是 沃伦
And what I wanna say to you out loud, Warren…
所有的年轻人也可以听听
…so all these young hotshots can hear…
那些真正的才能是
…is that all those gifts over there…
别去在意那些无用的东西
…don’t mean a goddamn thing.
这次的晚餐并不是无意义的
And this dinner doesn’t mean a goddamn thing.
社会保险和退休金
And the social security and pension don’t mean a goddamn thing.
也不是无意义的 这些表面的东西都不是无意义的
None of these superficialities mean a goddamn thing.
那这些意味这什么 真正的意义是什么 沃伦
What means something, what really means something, Warren…
是一门学问 你要深爱你的生活 倾注到一些意味深长的东西去
…is the knowledge that you devoted your life to something meaningful.
经验管理一家好的公♥司♥
To being productive and working for a fine company.
该死的 从一个高效率的保险单速递员 在我们国家
Hell, one of the top-rated insurance carriers in the nation.
提升到一个大的家庭
To raising a fine family.
筑造了一个很好的家 你身边的人都很尊敬你
To building a fine home. To being respected by your community.
有个愉快的 长久的友谊
To having wonderful, lasting friendships.
在他事业的尽头 如果一个人能回头看看 说
At the end of his career, if a man can look back and say:
“我做到了 我已经做到了”
“I did it. I did my job.”
然后他就光荣隐退去享受财富
Then he can retire in glory…
远远超越金钱的性质
…and enjoy riches far beyond the monetary kind.
所以 在坐的各位年轻人
So all of you young people here…
好好看看这个富翁
…take a good look at a very rich man.
谢谢 雷 谢谢
Thank you, Ray. Thank you.
我爱你 伙计
I love you, buddy.
我很快回来 – 好
I’ll be right back. – Okay.
晚上好
Good evening.
伏特加 谢谢 -马上来
Vodka gimlet, please. – Coming right up.

Hello?
嘿 宝贝
Aah! Hi, honey.
嗯 我们刚回来 刚进门呢
Yeah, we just got in. We just walked in the door.
嗯 他在 等等
Yeah, he is. Just a minute.
沃伦 听电♥话♥ 是吉尼
Warren, get on the phone. It’s Jeannie.
吉尼 怎么样
Jeannie? How you doing?
进展顺利 好情况
Oh, it went just fine, yeah. Nice event.
我知道 但不要有另外的想法
Oh, I know, but, uh, don’t give it another thought.
你有个很好的机会
You’ve got bigger fish to fry.
我知道 总之我们很快就会在那见到你的
Yeah, I know, but we’ll see you out there real soon anyway.
什么
What?
我拿了制♥服♥吗
Oh, yeah, the… Did I get the robe? Yes, heh.
是的 已经十分肯定了 你已经上船了
That was quite an item. You sure went overboard.
就你和兰德尔 我知道
From you and Randall? I see.
谢谢你们两 肯定是唾手可得的啦
Well, thank you both. It’s, uh, sure gonna come in handy now.
打赌
You betcha.
好的
Okay.
嗯 拜 就这样吧
Yeah. Bye now.
有谢谢兰德尔吗
Did you thank Randall?
谢了 – 他怎么说
I did. – And what did he say?
我只和吉尼谈了
I just told Jeannie.
你没有亲自谢谢他吗
You didn’t thank him personally?
没有 -为什么没有
No. – Why not?
他没接电♥话♥ – 为什么没接
He didn’t come to the phone. – Why not?
我不知道 他就是没听电♥话♥
I don’t know. He didn’t come to the phone.
你应该找找他 努力点
You should’ve asked for him. You should make an effort.
他将是你的女婿 可你一点也不了解他
I mean, he’s gonna be your son-in-law and you hardly know him.
我够了解他了
I know him well enough.
我希望你试法更肯定些
I wish you’d try to be more positive.
她嫁给他是她的幸运 – 是的
She’s lucky to have him. – Yeah.
我爸爸没有首先为你着想那么多
You know, my father didn’t think so much of you at first.
是的
Yeah.
去哪 先生
Where to, mister?
看起来你想上来坐坐
Looks like you need a ride.
是的
Yeah.
惊喜吗
Surprise!
我想今天在这吃早餐一定很有趣
I thought it’d be fun to have breakfast in here today.
试试什么感觉
You know, see what it’ll be like.

Oh.

Fine.
有趣吗
Isn’t this fun?
呃 有几分味道
Well, sort of gives us a rough idea.
我们在这有很多美好的时光
We’re gonna have a lot of good times in here, Warren.
是的
Yeah.
从这里来个崭新的开始
Here’s to a whole new chapter.
好吧 如果他没试过 他不会的 哈哈哈
Well, not if he hadn’t tried it, he wouldn’t, ha-ha-ha.
你看 我朋友对你很着迷
You see, my friend’s just crazy about you…
如果你和我在一起 他会恨我的
…and he’d hate me if you and I got together.
你是说 你们都为我生气
You mean, you’re both mad about me?
然后为我而战 胜利者获得奖品
Then fight over me, and the winner gets the prize.
我上次赢的火鸡还病着呢
I’m still sick from the last turkey I won.
等等 别走 亲爱的
Wait! Don’t go, sweetie.
但这位警官梦见了你
But this officer dreams about you.
他梦见你们俩在郁金香里独处
He dreams about both of you being alone in the tules.

The tules?
是的 – 那是我的
Yeah. – That’s my…
三分钟的臀部 大腿和臀部
The three-minute hip, thigh and bun…
但如果你只觉得遗憾 甚至是内疚
But if all you feel is pity, or perhaps even guilt…
切好的臀肉牛排
rump roast that’s sliced.
放一些进去 你应该用叉子 但我
Just put some in. You should use a fork, but I’m…
安吉拉·兰斯伯里儿童乐园
Angela Lansbury for Childreach…
我们需要能帮助我们的人
…and we need people who want to help.
贯穿全球 在很多贫穷的国家
Throughout the world in many of the poorest countries…
有个组织叫儿童乐园
…there is a wonderful organization called Childreach…
现正开展一个意义深远的计划 生活环境如此的孩子
…that is making a profound difference in the lives of children just like these.
只需22美元一个月 仅仅72分钱每天
For just $22 a month, just 72 cents a day…
你可以成为儿童乐园的赞助人
…you can become a Childreach sponsor…
不仅仅亲自感受那些海外贫困孩子们的生活
…and not only personally touch the life of a needy boy or girl overseas…
同时也帮助孩子们的家庭和社会
…but also help the child’s family and community.
考虑一下 只是22美元一个月 然后这样的小女孩将不会再感到
Think of it. Just $22 a month and a little girl like this…
脏水引起的疾病为他们带来的痛苦
…will never feel the agony of dysentery from dirty water.
这样的孩子将会可以上学 去学习和快乐地成长
A child like this will be able to go to school to learn and grow.
感谢你的收看
I’m so glad you’ve watched.
但你现在该怎么做呢
But now that you have, what are you going to do?
不 同情和内疚是没有用的 而应该是儿童乐园
No, pity and guilt won’t help. The answer is Childreach.
为了那些贫困儿童 家庭和海外团体
For a needy child, family and community overseas.
我高兴因为你开心
Well, I’m glad that you’re glad.
进来吧
Hi. Come on in.
是的
Right.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!