Not alone in some city
不该孤身跑到城里
doing God knows what.
干一些天晓得的事
I’m going to school there. That’s what I’m doing.
我是去上学的 在那儿读书
Will someone tell me what’s going on?
到底发生了什么事儿
Your daughter, she is married!
你女儿 她结婚了
Felicidades, querida.
恭喜 宝贝儿
Mama!
妈妈
Grandpa, make him stop. Please.
爷爷 快叫他别嚷了
Ha! Right, right, coddle her.
哈 好 好 宠她吧
The whole bunch of you.
你们所有人
But I tell you right now,
但是我说
this will not stand so long as I draw breath.
只要我还有口气 这事儿就决不允许
I swear before God.
我对上帝发誓
Alberto!
阿尔贝托
You are so unfair.
你太不讲理了
Me? Ha ha! I’m unfair?
我 哈 我不讲理
I came home to tell my family that…
难道是我回来告诉家人
that I spit on their trust?
自己辜负了他们的信任
I’m the one who came home
难道是我回家来
to rub in their face that I married this…
厚着脸皮说自己嫁给了这个…
this…
这个…
What do you do?
你是干什么的
Chocolate.
巧克力
I sell chocolate.
推销巧克力
No.
不是吧
You…

You are the head of the family.
你是一家之主
Say something.
说几句话
I am Pedro Aragon.
我叫佩德鲁·阿♥拉♥贡
Welcome to our happy family.
欢迎你加入这个幸福的家
Thank you.
谢谢
May I?
我能来一个吗
Sure. Of course.
当然 没问题
Help yourself.
请吧
It’s wonderful!
挺好吃
It’s wonderful!
非常好吃
Why can he never just say,
为什么他就不能说
“I’m happy for you, Victoria. Congratulations, Victoria”?
“我为你高兴 维多利亚 祝贺你 维多利亚”?
Why must everything be a drama?
为什么一定要搞的这么僵
It’s a bit of a shock.
可能太突然了
Not for Grandma or Grandpa.
但爷爷和奶奶就不这样
Not for you.
你也不
Why is he always this way?
为什么他总是这样
I hate him!
我恨死他了
Victoria!
维多利亚
He is your father.
他可是你的父亲
He has never taken change well.
他这个脾气一直没变
Even as a child, he was this way.
打他小的时候就这样
Only with the vines he has patience.
只有对葡萄有耐心
Maybe he should have some for us, too.
他也该对我们有点耐性
That would be nice for a change, don’t you think?
我们的日子就好过多了
You could have at least prepared us.
你怎么就不先打个招呼
A call, a letter would have been wiser.
来个电♥话♥ 写封信什么的 也许会好一点
I wanted to surprise you.
我想给你们一个惊喜
Well, you certainly succeeded.
我们确实很”惊喜”
He wants me to marry some man in Mexico
他想让我嫁给一个从没见过面的
I have never even met
墨西哥人
just because he has the right bloodlines.
就因为他血统纯正
I’m not a horse, Mama.
又不是配种马
It’s my choice who I marry, not his.
我的事应该由我来决定 不是他
Muchachas,la comida.
怎么停下了
How many times have you told me,
你不是一直对我说
“The heart wants what the heart wants”?
要”向心之所向”
And is this what your heart wants?
他就是你的”心之所向”吗
Yes.
是的
Really and truly?
全心全意
Really and truly.
全心全意
Everything will be fine. You’ll see.
一切都会好起来的 放心吧
Everything will be perfect.
都会好的
What a delicate ring.
多精致的戒指啊
You are beautiful tonight.
你今晚真漂亮
Marriage becomes her, no?
爱情的魔法 对吧
Mama?
老伴
Dear God, bless this food we are about to eat,
主啊 感谢你的智慧和慷慨
and bless the harvest of the grapes you have given us
赐给我们食物
in your wisdom and grace, amen.
保佑我们的葡萄大丰收 阿门
Amen
阿门
Bon appetit.
祝好胃口 开饭吧
This is pumpkin flower soup.
这是南瓜花汤
It’s a specialty of my grandmother’s.
是奶奶的拿手菜
It’s delicious.
很好吃
It’s been in the family cookbook
在《独♥立♥宣言》发布以前
before your Declaration of Independence was signed.
这道菜就写在我们家族的菜谱上了
So, with all the commotion,
对了 刚才闹了半天
we never heard the whole story of how you two met.
我们还不知道你们是怎么认识的
I was on leave in June.
六月份我休假的时候…
July.
七月
Just after I moved to the city.
就在我到那个城市之后
That’s right. July.
对对 是七月
At the USO.
在劳军处
I didn’t know you worked at the USO.
你没说过你在劳军处工作过
I wasn’t actually working there.
其实不能算是工作
Then what were you doing
那你到一个
in a hall filled with strange men?
净是陌生男人的地方干什么去了
Pedro.
佩德鲁
Mi abuelo vivio a…
怎么了
Excuse me.
抱歉
My grandfather lived to 102,
我的祖父活到了102岁
and he used salt like a fish in the sea.
他吃盐就像海里的鱼
My great-grandfather was 106!
我的曾祖父活到了106岁
So, tell us, Mr. Sutton, since we now have
萨顿先生 既然我们已经很清楚地知道
such a clear picture of how you two met…
你们是怎么认识的了 那么再跟我们说说
where are you from?
你是哪里人
Moline. Moline, Illinois.
莫林 伊利洛伊州的莫林
Wherever that is.
在什么地方?
It’s in the middle of the country.
在中部地区
Exactly in the middle, right?
正中间 对吗
Right.
完全正确
And your parents,
你的父母呢
they are still in Moline?
他们还在莫林吗?
I never knew my parents.
我从没见过父母
Oh. Who brought you up,
噢 那谁把你养大的
the fairies?
神仙吗
I grew up in a home.
我在家里长大
Whose home?
谁的家
I meant an orphanage.
我是说孤儿院
Wonderful.
好极了
This is just wonderful.
真是太好了
My daughter can trace her ancestors
我女儿的家族
back 400 years
足足有400年的历史
to some of the finest families in Mexico,
是墨西哥名门
and you are telling me
而你却告诉我
she has married a man with no past?
她嫁给了一个没门第的人
Or worse…
不光没门第
a man with no past and no future!
还没前途
Wonderful.
简直太棒了
You don’t know that he has no future.
你凭什么说他没有前途
You don’t know anything about him.
你根本不了解他
Do you?
你了解
Yes. I know he knows how to love somebody.
是的 我知道他懂得如何去爱

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!