We did it!
我们回来了
Good luck, soldier.
祝你好运
When’s the last time you saw her?
你上次见她是什么时候
Our wedding day. Four years ago.
四年前 结婚那天
Let me guess.
让我猜猜
Meet her on Friday, married her on Sunday,
周五相识 周日结婚
shipped out on Monday.
周一出征
Pretty much.
差不离啊
Me too. Ain’t war hell?
我也是 该死的战争
I’ll bet we don’t even recognize them.
老婆的模样都给忘了
I konw I’d recognize her anywhere.
我记得挺真切
I find the pheasant to be quite pleasant.
我觉得松鸡的味道挺合口
How do you find the wine?
你觉得红酒怎么样
I find the wine extraordinarily… Betty?
我觉得这酒特别香醇… 贝蒂
Paul?
保罗
Paul!
保罗
When I didn’t see you on the dock I thought…
你没来码头接我 我以为…
I didn’t know you were coming today.
我不知道你今天回来
Didn’t you get my letters?
你没收到我的信吗
I started to read them, I did,
那些信…起先我是看的 真的
but after the first few,
但是看了几封以后
I couldn’t bear to hear about all that fighting
我实在是受不了那些打仗啊
and the killing.
杀人啊
I wrote you almost every day.
我几乎每天都给你写信
I know. And I kept them. Iook.
我知道 我都收着呢 来
See?

Oh, Paul, even the thought of you in all that danger,
保罗 只要想到你身处险境
It was just too much.
我就心里难受
I knew if I got them, you were still alive.
只要收到你的信 就表明你还活着
That’s all I cared about…
这才是我所关心的
that…you were alive
你还活着
safe.
平安无事
That’s all that was important to me.
这对我来说才是最重要的
Can you forgive me?
你能原谅我吗
Yeah, sure.
可以 当然
I wrote to you. You got those, right?
我写的信你收到了吗
Got a few.
收到几封
I told you I wasn’t a big writer.
我可不是多产作家
It’s a course I’m taking.
这是我上的课程
Self-improvement.
自我提升
His name’s Armistead. He makes tons of money.
他叫雅梅斯 挣好多钱
The whole country’s making money
现在全国上下都忙着赚钱
hand over fist.
大把的挣
You’ve been away, out of touch, you don’t know
你不在国内 不了解情况
but you will.
不过会明白的
I went to see Mr. Sweeney to make sure
我找到你的经理
you held your job, like he promised.
让他保留你的工作
He said you could start the day you got back.
他说你一回来就可以去上班
Just make sure you wear your uniform.
但是你得穿上军服
Who could resist a war hero?
谁会拒绝英雄呢
Of course I negotiated a raise.
当然了 我提出得加薪水
Betty, I don’t want to go back to selling chocolate.
贝蒂 我不再想推销巧克力了
You’ve got something better.
你有更好的工作了
No…

I don’t.
没有
But, you know… in the war,
但是 战场上
I had time to think about what’s important,
我一直在思考人生的真谛
about what I want out of life
在生命里最值得追求的是什么
for me, for us.
为我 为我们
I wrote you all this in the letters.
信里面我都谈过
Are we back to those old letters again?
你又提起那些信了
You want me to read the letters?
难道要我全看一遍吗
No. It’s just you’d understand what I’m feeling,
不 我只是希望你能理解我的感受
what I want.
我想要什么
Sweetie…
亲爱的
Tell me what you want.
你想要什么
I thought…
我想…
some time…
什么时候…
Time’s money.
现在 就是现在
I want things, Paulie.
一刻千金啊 保罗
My whole life I’ve been without.
我要那些我一直没能得到的
I want things.
我需要
Don’t you want…things?
你…想要吗
And you’ll wear your uniform, won’t you?
你会穿军服去 对吧
My uniform?
去…什么
To sell chocolates…
去推销巧克力…
millions and millions of them.
你会卖♥♥掉无数巧克力
Won’t you?
对吗?
Yes.

Here, let me help.
让我来帮你
I’m sorry.
真抱歉
He’s going to kill me.
他会杀了我的
It’s just glass. You can replace it easy.
只是玻璃坏了 再配一个就行
Sorry.
对不起
No, no, It’s my fault.
不 不 这都怪我
Look at this mess.
真是一团糟
Here you go.
给你
Are you all right?
你没事吧
Ticket, please.
检票
Had an accident.
一点意外
Yes.
是啊
Thanks.
谢谢
Thanks.
谢谢
The speed you were going,
以你的速度
You could have made Sacramento before me.
恐怕比我还先到萨克拉门托
You smell anything?
你闻没闻到一股怪味
No.
没有啊
Oh, my God.
天啊
I’m so embarrassed.
真是不好意思
I wanted to apologize,
我本来想道歉
but you looked so peaceful.
但是你睡着了
Apology accepted.
歉意收到
Good book?
什么好书
Quite a mouthful.
很拗口啊
It’s required reading.
是课程必读
College?
大学
My master’s degree.
硕士学位
Playing hooky?
你逃学了
No. Going home.
不 回家
My family has a vineyard in Napa.
我家在纳帕有个葡萄园
And you?
你呢
Uh, business in Sacramento.
去萨克拉门托出差
The train goes to Sacramento.
火车就是去萨克拉门托啊
My ticket didn’t.
可票不对
I mean, it did when I got on, but…
上车的时候还是对的…
Oh, no.
天 不是吧
I think this is yours.
我这是你的票吧
Yup.

I thought it was a mistake. I’m so sorry.
我还当是售票处弄错了呢 实在对不起
Is this seat taken?
这儿有人坐吗
How are you?
你好
Look, uh, I’m bill.
我叫比尔
This is my buddy Herman.
我兄弟赫曼
And you’re, uh…
你叫…
Not interested.
不感兴趣
I had a girlfriend once that…
我以前有个女友
always used to say she’s not interested
也总是说她不感兴趣
It was never what she meant, was it, Herman?
其实口是心非 对吧 赫曼
Most definitely not.
的确如此
Not after she got to know me.
但当她了解我以后…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!