她是如此的令人惊讶的女孩.
Oh, she’s such an amazing girl.
她身上有你从不知道的优点
She’s had every advantage, and you’d never know it.
不虚伪,不骄傲
No pretenses, no airs.
她听起来很不错
She sounds wonderful.
你为什么不带她来? 我本希望带她来的
Why didn’t you bring her with you?
I wish I had.
你从来将不让格洛里亚离开孩子们
Well, you’d never get Gloria to leave those kids.
她全身心的扑在他们身上 夜以继日,特别是对最小的孩子
She devotes herself to them night and day,
especially the little one.
琼西现在多大了? 7岁了
How old is Josie now?
Seven.
非常可爱,但是她有一点儿….
Walter: Cute as a button, but she’s got a bit of a…
怎么说呢?新陈代谢问题? 新陈代谢问题。
What is it, Steve, a metabolism problem?
– Metabolism. – Oh, dear.
哦,亲爱的。
她有一点偏重 当然。
So she’s a little on the heavy side.
Of course.
我能再喝一点葡萄酒吗?
Could I have some more wine, please?
服务生
Camarero?
但是琼西的确是一个可爱的女孩, 并且一但将牙矫正好以后
But Josie’s really a lovely girl,
and once she gets finished at the orthodontist’s,
她就非常漂亮了
she’s going to be gorgeous.
她的牙齿长得不整齐吗?
She has crooked teeth?
我认为我们可以谈论一些
I think we can find something
more interesting to talk about
比我女儿的新陈代谢率 或矫正牙齿更有趣话题
than my daughter’s metabolism rate
or fixing her teeth.
我们本来可以谈论我的孩子的牙齿 但是他们已过了矫正时间了
We could talk about my kids’ teeth,
but they never stopped eating long enough to get them fixed.
因此不能正牙了
我又说错话了吗?
Did I say something wrong?
Oh, boy.
噢,伙计
你又说,”噢,伙计”了 我现在打扰敏感先生了吗?
“Oh, boy” -ing again.
What’s bothering Mr. sensitive now?
你拿一个孩子说事,还说别人敏感?
How would you know about sensitivity,
picking on an innocent child?
我没有, 我的意思是 她是一个牙齿长得不整齐的可爱的胖女孩
I did not pick on her. I’m sure she’s a lovely girl…
A lovely fat girl with crooked teeth.
不是长得不整齐只是牙齿有点重叠 是不整齐
They’re not crooked. They just overlap.
That’s crooked.
Oh, boy.
太荒谬了,我们休战吧 我没问题
Let’s call a truce, okay?
That’s fine by me.
Good. You really are extraordinary.
你真是了不起,我从来不知道 会有一个成年人这么容易受到伤害
I’ve never known a grown man
whose feelings could be hurt so easily.
你来自一个大家庭? 是
Do you come from a large family?
Yes.
许多兄弟和姐妹? 这就难怪了
Lots of brothers and sisters?
Mm-hmm. =-there you are then.
你的母亲花了很多时间 与其他孩子在一起
Your mother spent too much time
with those other children.
我们现在在上家庭关系上研习班吗?
What is this, a seminar on family relations?
你刚才说了我女儿,现在又说我母亲
You finish chopping up my daughter, you start in on my mother?
– There you go again. – Well, why not?
现在开始攻击某人的母亲是不是很奇怪
It’s a strange time
for someone to start attacking someone’s mother.
我并没有攻击,我是在交谈 我不认为这是在交谈
I was just talking.
I don’t call that just talking,
把一个从来没伤害过你的女士撕得粉碎 我不相信!
tearing apart a little old lady
who never did you any harm.
I don’t believe this.
她是一个伟大的女人 并且我告诉你:
She was a marvelous woman, and I’ll tell you this.
我们虽不是最富有的小孩, 但是我从来没穿过一件脏衬衫上学。
We may not have been the richest kids in the neighborhood,
but I never went to school with a dirty shirt.
上帝!
Dear god!
polio织造了第一块用于出♥售♥的电热毯
Polio shots,
first electric blanket on the block,
就是雪中送炭啊
great food in the winter.
你躺在那里,还对我母亲说长道短
You lie there and hack away at a woman like that.
好像突然我与你的母亲有了什么关系了
Dear god, suddenly I’m in bed with your mother.
与我的母亲有关系?
“In bed with my mother”?
这是我听过的最令人厌恶的事情
That has got to be the most disgusting thing
I’ve ever heard in my life.
你现在在干什么? 我打算离开疗养院
What are you doing now?
I am leaving the sanatorium.
我已经得到足够的治疗了
I’ve had enough therapy.
今晚我准备回伦敦。 这对我们两人都好
I’m going back to London tonight.
It’ll do us both a world of good.
你以你的屁♥股♥打赌,这是个多大的失误啊
You bet your ass.
What a washout this has been.
我记得非常清楚
I’m going to press it in my book of memories.
你是一条虫,一条绦虫 你知道为什么吗?
You know what you should have been?
A cestode worm, and do you know why?
因为它雌雄同体
A cestode worm has a complete set
of male and female sexual organs
自我交♥配♥
in each of its 100 sections
and spends its whole life copulating with itself.
这样不是很好吗? 你可以自己一个人呆一个周末
Wouldn’t that be lovely?
You could have taken you away for the weekend.
你都可以完全拥有你自己 和你的那些问题
You would’ve had you all to yourself!
And all those questions…
比如:我还不错吧?你太棒了。 地球为我而动了吗?房♥子垮了吗?
“Was I good?” You were wonderful.
“Did the earth move?” The house fell down.
我很有男人气概吗?等等之类的问题 不,你是一条大虫
“Am I manly?”
No, but you’re a great worm.
你不当一条虫太可惜了
You missed your profession…
按照它自己糟糕的方式爬行前进
A worm, humping its way through life, and badly.
谢谢你.
Thank you.
你要去哪里? 伦敦. 我住的地方
Where do you think you’re going?
London… it’s where I live.
你可以明天再走
You can leave tomorrow.
我可以自♥由♥选择同你或不同你呆在这儿 即使我们不得不一起走……
Oh, no. I’ve had this place with you or without you.
Though it means sitting on the same plane,
我要回家和我身材长得很瘦、 牙齿长的很整齐的孩子呆在一起
I am going home to my thin children
with their straight teeth.
你可以明天再走
Go tomorrow.
我现在就要走! 行了,好的
I am going now!
All right.
Okay, but I don’t want to hear
但我再也不想听听你说话了 明白吗?
one more word out of you ever.
Understood?
很好。你听着,我要说的最后一句话是
Perfectly, so listen very clearly,
because this is the last thing
I will ever say to you: Make a reservation.
预定机票
不需要
Not necessary, and if you’re not downstairs in that car
如果10分钟内你不到楼下,我就自己走了
in 10 minutes, I am leaving without you.
你可以呆在这里并且找到另外一条虫 然后好好给他上研习班。
You can stay here and find another worm
and hold another seminar.
先生,有什么能帮您的? 到伦敦的826航♥班♥.
Can I help you, sir? Flight 826 to London.
2张票,谢谢。 到伦敦的826航♥班♥满了
Two tickets, please.
Flight 826 to London is full.
到伦敦的826航♥班♥从来不会满的 今晚就满了,先生
Flight 826 to London is never full.
It is tonight, sir.
最后2张票什么时候卖♥♥完的? 刚才
When did the last two tickets go?
Just afew moments ago.
你记得非常清楚?
Press that in your book of memories.
下一班到伦敦的班机是什么时候的? 明天上午11:30。
When is the next plane to London?
11:30 tomorrow morning.
明天上午11:30.
11:30 tomorrow morning?
小姐,有什么需要帮忙的? 谢谢你,我能行
Can I help you, miss?
Thank you. I’m getting very good at this.
晚安. 晚安.
Good night. Good night.
欢迎回到”欢乐之家”。
Welcome to the house of mirth.
一个电♥话♥。一个愚蠢的电♥话♥。
One phone call. One stupid phone call.
还花了七个比塞塔。 这些钱你恐怕早已从那个孩子那里赢了.
It would have cost you 7 pesetas.
You could have won that from your caddie.
哦,是吗?
Steve: Oh, yeah?
你满腹牢骚…
Boy, I’ve had a bellyful
of your chickenshit innuendos,
…说话讥讽,话里带刺.
your snotty insults, your smartass needling.
我也听够了,你这个大笨蛋。
Oh, get stuffed, you big schmuck.
看看人家格雷丝公主,贝莎·鲍尔-巴斯特。
Listen to Princess grace here.
Bertha ballbuster,
你就像野蛮人一样温柔、甜蜜、富有女人味。
you’re as tender, sweet, and feminine
as Attila the hun.
好吧,你应该知道 你应该有穿制♥服♥、吹口哨
You should know.
You should have a uniform and whistle.
你在床上、床下、电♥话♥里 还有汽车上都指挥交通
You direct traffic in bed, out of bed,
on the phone, in the car.
谈论令人羡慕的阴♥茎♥。 你发明的。
Talk about penis envy. You invented it.
Oh!
-现在! -现在.
Now.
Now.
Man: Don’t… don’t break the lamps!
别打破灯!
Bozo!
Excuse me.
Mind your back!
All right…
你这个典型的美国人!
You typical… typical American!
你们就这样对待旅馆吗?
Is this a way to treat a hotel?
Okay. Okay.
不要!
Don’t do it!