I was born there. My father’s the notorious Sheldon Roark.
我在那出生 家父是恶名昭著的舍顿·洛克
Attorney to the stars, yes.
专为名人打官司
Duly impressed.
久闻大名了
What brings you to Mississippi? Slumming?
来密西西比有何贵干 见识贫民窟
No, law school at Old Miss.
不 我在”老妇人”学法律
It’s a family tradition.
是家族传统
Mom was a sweet little sorority girl there till Dad married her.
我妈妈结婚前曾在那加入过妇女联谊会
I married a sweet little sorority girl from Ol’ Miss myself.
我妻子也是”老妇人”妇女联谊会的成员
They have an excellent selection.
她们都是出类拔萃的
They do.
没错
No, really, what brings you to Canton? They have cars to sit on on campus.
说真的 你不在学校安享清闲跑这来干嘛
Carl Lee Hailey.
卡尔·李·海利
I’d like to help you.
我想帮你
What makes you think I need help?
你为什么觉得我需要帮助
You’re trying one of the largest murder cases these parts have seen…
你接的是 本地有史以来最大的谋杀官司
and you work alone.
而你势单力薄
You have no paralegals, clerks, researchers…
你没有助理律师 文员 调查员
nor can you afford any…
你也负担不起
so if Noose doesn’t accept that motion…
如果纽斯不批准申请
you go to trial in less than a month.
一个月之内就会结案
Trust me, you need help.
相信我 你需要帮手
How do you know this?
你怎么知道这些
I’m an excellent researcher.
我是一流的调查员
I’ve played gofer for 7 capital murder cases…
我为七桩涉嫌谋杀的案子跑过腿
I’ve witnessed 2 executions.
目击过两次死刑
I have written briefs for the A.C.L.U.
为民权协会写过诉状
I’m top 5% of my class, editor of the law review,
在班上名列前茅 为法律刊物做过编辑
I’m published, I’m young.
写过文章 而且年轻
And when I graduate…
等我毕业之后
I intend to spend a glorious career stomping out the death penalty.
我打算致力于废除死刑
Let’s see, what else?
让我想想还有什么
Genius runs in my family.
我的家族天才横溢
You’ll get me on the way up…
你能让我蒸蒸日上
and I really think now is a good time to grab me.
我觉得现在正是我的大好机会
Anything else I should know?
还有什么我该知道
Let’s see, anything else?
我想想 还有什么
My father’s rich so I’ll work for free.
家父很有钱 我能免费工作
What do you think?
觉得怎么样
I think I’ll drop this brief off in Noose’s night slot.
我今晚要把这份辩状交给纽斯
Go home, see my family.
然后回去见家人
Thanks, but I can handle the case by myself.
好意心领 但我自己能应付
You might look at these precedents.
你可以看看这些案例
State vs. Cooper… and State vs. Roundtree.
政♥府♥控告科柏 及政♥府♥控告朗德齐
Revenge killers, both acquitted.
报复杀人 均获判无罪
You’ll change your mind.
你会改变主意的
See you.
回见
Get out.
出来
Come on.
来吧
Come here. Come on.
来吧 快点
Mr. Cobb…
卡勃先生
this is Stump Sisson, Grand Dragon of Mississippi.
这是斯丹·西森 密西西比的龙头老大
You were looking for us?
你在找我们
You were right to call us, Mr. Cobb.
你找我们是对的 卡勃先生
They say the Klan is dead.
有人说三K党完了
Klan don’t show up for a few years and…
三K党有几年没露面 所以
people say the Klan is dead.
有人就说三K党完了
Fact is, it just looks dead.
实际上 只是看起来完了
The Klan has always been right there…
三K党一直都存在
under the surface…
深藏不露
just waiting for the opportunity to deliver God’s justice.
在等待时机 传达上帝的审判
I want help.
我需要帮助
I want to kill that nigger.
我要宰了那黑鬼
Niggers got…
黑鬼们
plenty of protection nowadays.
现在得到了很多保护
They got the NAACP…
有色人种协进会
and the A.C.L. U.
公民自♥由♥协会
Even the federal government.
甚至联邦政♥府♥
Hell…
可恨
white folks ain’t got a chance.
白人没有一点机会
Except the Klan.
除了三K党
I’m going to tell you what.
让我告诉你吧
You get 5 or 6 of your friends of similar thinking…
你有五六个和你想法类似的朋友
and we’ll initiate…
我们要创立
the Madison County Klavern.
三K党麦迪逊郡分部
Even make you leader.
你来做首领
Now, you tell me…
现在 告诉我
who’s that nigger’s lawyer?
那黑鬼的律师是谁
Local boy.
是本地人
His name’s Brigance. He’s got a pretty good reputation.
名叫伯根斯 他的口碑很好
He got family?
有家人吗
Yes, sir. He has a wife and a daughter.
是的 先生 妻子和一个女儿
Good.
很好
Why’s he here?
他来干什么
Calm down, son.
冷静点 孩子
Calm down. Come on, now.
来 冷静点
He has no right after what he did.
是他干的 他没权来这
Don’t get your mom upset now.
现在别惹你妈伤心
Looney?
隆尼
Dwayne?
德维尼
I made Ozzie bring me.
我要奥齐带我来的
Shit, Dwayne, we…
见鬼 我们
We knowed each other since childhood.
我们从小就认识
It’s my fault.
是我不好
No matter what’s said in court…
法庭怎么判无所谓
I knew what I was doing,
我知道自己做了什么
and I sure didn’t intend to hurt you, but…
可我绝对无意伤害你 除了
just them two boys.
那两个家伙
I know it don’t mean much now, but…
我知道现在说这些没用
I’m sorry.
但我很抱歉
Some folks think a black man can’t receive a fair trial in the South.
有人认为黑人在南方得不到公正的审判
I’ll show the men and women of the…
我会证明南方的民众能
South will look past color and see the truth.
透过肤色差异来了解真♥相♥
It sure is a nigger’s world.
这真是黑鬼的天下
Not for long.
不会太久了
Boys…
伙计们
I’m very proud to invite you to become soldiers…
我很荣幸请到各位来充当斗士
in the war to protect our Christian homes and families.
在战争中 保护我们基♥督♥徒的家园和亲人
To resurrect our country… from the fires of racial degradation.
从种族消长的战火中 光复我们的国土
And to make whites… the sole masters of our nation’s destiny.
让白人成为我们国家命运的唯一主人
What I’m saying, fellas…
听我说 伙计们
it’s time for the nigger to pay.
黑鬼们该付出代价了
Is your telephone broken?
你的电♥话♥坏了吗
We just had the number changed.
我们刚换了号♥码
That’s what the operator said.
接线员是这么说的
To an unlisted number.
未作登记的号♥码
Sorry you had to come up here.
很抱歉麻烦你跑一趟
I should’ve called you, but this case…
我本该联♥系♥你 但案子
This case has us all worried sick about you all.
这案子让大家都为你们而担心
This thing could get ugly.
结果可能很糟糕
And dangerous.
而且很危险
Jake, he shot them in cold blood.
他残忍♥的枪杀了他们
They raped, almost killed his daughter.
他们几乎奸♥杀♥了他女儿
What if that happened to Hannah?
如果汉娜发生这种事呢
May we ask a few questions?
能问几个问题吗
Can we get a quote?
给透露点消息吗
Excuse me, I’m going to go take a few questions.
抱歉 我得去回答几个问题
This isn’t the time.
现在不是时候
It’s really good for Carl Lee.
这对卡尔·李大有好处
Thank you for coming.
谢谢各位前来
Guess we’ll have to read about it in the papers.
看来我们得从报纸上了解进展了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!