Have you seen Danton?
有没有见到 Danton
What…
什么
What name did you say?
你刚刚说什么
Dan…
Dan
My work.
我的工具
What have you done with my work?
到哪儿去了
My bench, tools, thread.
椅子 工具
Haven’t you any thread?
还有没有皮革
Father, have you seen him?
父亲 你有没有见到他
You left to see Danton.
你不是去见他吗
How can I make my shoes
你们不给我皮革
if you don’t give me any thread?
那我怎么做鞋
Father, don’t you know me?
父亲 你不认识我了吗
Charles. You left to save Charles.
你不是去救查尔斯吗
It’s no use, my dear. He doesn’t understand you.
没有用的 他不认识你
I’ll take him to his room.
我先带他回房♥ 哦 父亲
Not just now.
现在先不要
Say it.
跟他说话
Why not say it?
你干脆直接说
There’s no hope now.
一切都完了
Where’s Father?
爸爸在哪里
Didn’t you say he was going to bring back Father?
外公不是要把他带回来吗
He’s been delayed. He’ll be here soon.
有些事耽搁了 他马上回来
I want my father.
我要爸爸
Shh, shh, shh. Come with Pross. Come, come.
来吧
I want my father. Shh, shh, shh.
我要爸爸
It’s going to seem such a long time, Sydney.
他死后我该怎么办
Afterwards…
之后
If only I could see him.
我连他
Just once.
最后一面
I can’t even do that.
都见不到
Lucie, your father’s calling for you.
露西 你父亲找你
Is there nothing we can do?
我们真的无能为力了吗
I think… I know I can get to see Charles once.
我知道我能去见查尔斯一面
You can? How?
怎么可能
Oh, I know of a man.
我认识一个人
A way we drinking fellows have, we always know of a man.
我们这些喝酒的 总是会认识有的没的
I spent the afternoon with him.
我和他常一起喝酒
But what earthly good would it do if you did see him?
就算你能见到他 结果还不是一样
You have your permit to leave Paris when you please?
你的通行证是不是还在
Yes.
是的
And Lucie and the doctor, Miss Pross and Jerry,
那他们的也在
they have theirs.
对吧
Oh, you’d have to move fast. But why?
你们必须马上离开这里
These passes are valid for any time.
为什么 这些通行证没有时间限制
From what you’ve told me of Madame De Farge,
迪法奇夫人
the permits will be canceled.
会从中做梗
But the doctor, Lucie, they’re in no danger.
但是医生和露西没有危险
They are in great danger.
他们才有危险
The doctor is suspected. His behavior at the trial.
医生在法庭上的举动 已经令他们怀疑
It’s death for anyone to sympathize with the condemned.
同情贵族的都会遭殃
And to that tiger, Madame De Farge, even the child.
而且那个坏女人还看到小露西
Little Lucie? It’s unthinkable.
这关小露西什么事
Look.
听着
Take the doctor’s permit and the others’.
你先去拿他们的通行证
And here’s mine.
这是我的
Keep it for me until tomorrow. I don’t understand.
帮我保管到明天 我不了解
Oh, do as I ask.
照做就对了
Take the word of a drinking man for once.
就听我这个酒鬼一次
What do you want me to do?
你要我怎么做
At eight o’clock tomorrow, have your horses ready.
明天八点钟之前把马准备好
Start definitely at eight.
一定要准时
If Lucie hesitates, you must force her.
如果露西迟疑的话 你必须强迫她
Tell her that it’s Darnay’s wish
告诉她 丹尼希望
that she leave Paris before the execution.
在执行前 她能离开巴黎
Do I wait for you?
我要不要等你
Wait for nothing but to have my place occupied.
不要等 找人顶替我的位置
And then for England.
然后快回英国
You don’t wish to tell me anything more?
你是不是应该告诉我细节
Carton, if I have misunderstood you before,
卡顿 如果之前我误会过你
believe me, I regret it.
我道歉
You never misunderstood me, sir.
你没有误会过我
You were right.
你是对的
Yours is a long life to look back on, Mr. Lorry.
罗利先生 你这一生都很有意义
I’m 78.
我已经7 8 了
Long life. Useful one.
你这一生都很有意义
Ah, solitary bachelor. Nobody will weep for me.
我只是个单身汉 没有人会为我哭泣
Wouldn’t she weep for you?
她会为你哭泣吗
Yes, thank God. I didn’t quite mean what I said.
是的 感谢老天… 我不是这个意思
It is a thing to thank God for, isn’t it?
这不需要感谢神
and saw that you had gained neither…
看到你什么都没有得到
love, gratitude, nor respect of any human being,
爱 尊敬 活的不像个人
it would be a bitter reflection, wouldn’t it?
这会是种痛苦的回忆 对吧
Why, yes, surely.
我想是的
Would you mind if I borrowed that coat?
我能不能借你的马车
Certainly not.
当然可以
Don’t let anything she may say change your plans.
不要让她改变你的计划
I hope to do my part faithfully.
我会尽力而为
And I hope to do mine.
好 我会做好我这部份
Goodnight, lads. Goodnight, sir.
晚安 晚安
Sleep well. Pleasant dreams.
祝你们有个好梦
Hey there.
嘿,你好
You work late, Mr. Barsad.
看来你工作的很晚 巴索先生
Now, Mr. Carton, what is it you want, sir?
卡顿先生 你到底要干嘛
You know what I want. Shh.
你知道
Mr. Carton, I told you this afternoon
我跟你说过了
that it can’t be done.
这是不可能的
No one’s ever escaped from one of them prisons.
没有人可以从牢里逃掉
It can’t be done. Yes, yes, I believe that.
这不可能 -是的,是的,我相信
But there is something that can be done.
但是可以换个方式
You can get me an interview with the prisoner.
你可以让我和犯人见面
One interview is all I want.
我只想见他一面
And what good will that do you?
这样做又有什么用
You leave that to me. I’ll tell you that presently.
这是我的事 你不用管
Well, Mr. Carton, you know,
卡顿先生
I don’t like getting mixed up in things.
我不想惹麻烦
You can’t trust these foreigners.
这些法国人不好惹
They’ll cut your head off quicker than you can say Jack Robinson.
一不注意 头都没了
if I told the Committee of Public Safety
如果我告诉公共安全委员会的话
you were a paid spy of the Marquis St. Evrémonde?
我想你也活不久
Shh. Don’t say that.
不要那么大声
I won’t…
只要你
provided you do what I tell you now.
照我的意思去办
I’ll… I’ll do as you say, Mr. Carton.
好吧 我去安排
But remember now, we can’t trust nobody.
记住 我们不能相信任何人
Very well. Now…
很好 来吧
Oh, Citizen Barsad.
巴索先生
Ah, Citizen Victor.
维克特先生
The, um, uh, the Evrémonde cell, which is it?
艾威蒙犯人关在哪里
Third on the left.
左边那间
Ten minutes, no more. Right.
只有十分钟 好
Wait.
等一下
Carton, of all people on Earth.
天啊 我不知道…
You least expected to see me.
你认为我不会来看她
She begs you to do exactly as I say.
她恳求你照我说的做
Yes, but…
但是
Carton, I don’t know what you have in mind
卡顿 我不知道 你要我做什么
but it’s useless to attempt any form of escape.
逃跑是不可能的
It will involve all of you. Now I have a plan that won’t.
这是绝对不可能的 我已经有计划了
Now write what I dictate. Hurry.
照我的话写下来 快点