Mrs. Turner!
特纳夫人
What are you doing?! Doublechecking.
你在干嘛 再检查一下
You’re treble-checking what I’ve double-checked.
你查的是第三遍了 我都检查过了
I’m confiscating this list.
名单我没收了
One thing left to be done is for you to get yourself ready.
唯一要你做的就是 赶快去准备一下
Clare and Richard are late with the flowers.
克莱尔和理查德的花还没有买♥♥来
Get ready, please.
赶紧去准备
Young fellow, what are you doing?
小伙子 你在干嘛
We’re not going to let her bully us, are we, Flora?
我们才不会受她恐吓呢 对吧 弗洛拉
Cats! well, at least they don’t get married
猫咪 至少你们不用结婚
and make their mothers wear ridiculous hats.
也不会逼你们母亲戴滑稽的帽子
What are you doing in your dressing gown?!
你还穿着睡衣干什么
It all looks wonderful.
所有东西都好极了
I think I will decide on that.
好不好我自有主意
No-one will notice weeds,
所有人都只会注意我
they’re going to be too busy looking at me!
没人会留意那些草坪的
Now go and get ready. I can’t!
赶紧去换衣服 不行
I can’t find my glasses! Try looking in your handbag.
我找不到眼镜了 在你手袋里找找
Is Jack ready?
杰克准备好了吗
Is your father ready?!
你♥爸♥准备好了没
Tea, do you want any? Coming! Yeah, coming.
你要来点茶吗 来了 马上来
You’ll outshine that sister of yours.
你会比你的妹妹们更亮眼的
Your father will be great.
你父亲会很欣慰的
Yeah, he will be.
是的 他会的
He’s waited for this day.
他一直等着今天的到来
We’ve talked about this day for so long.
我们期盼这个日子已经太久了
And now, the final touch.
现在 它终于来了
I’m not cut out for this mother-of-the-bride business.
我天生就不适合做新娘的母亲
I look like that madwoman patient of yours
我就像个纠缠着你的
that pestered you.
疯婆子病人
Wore those gigantic hats.
戴着这顶巨大的帽子
I saw her once hatless,
有一次她没有戴帽子
she had hair like the Eiffel Tower.
头发就像埃菲尔铁塔
Oh, Jack, really, please! Keep control! Oh!
杰克 拜托你控制一下
I’m sorry, darling.
抱歉 亲爱的
We’ll get through today,
我们会过好今天的
And Sophie will make us proud.
索菲会成为我们的骄傲的
She always has.
她一直都是
Clare and Richard are here at last.
克莱尔和理查德终于来了
And they’re bickering as usual.
和平常一样吵吵闹闹
Have it your way. I’ll carry these
拿上你的 我拿这些
but I left them especially for you.
我特意留给你的
Where are you going to put those?
你要放哪里
I know where I’d like to put them.
我知道要放哪里
I think they’ll fit better up yours.
你最好选对地方
Where is everyone?
人都去哪了
Where’s Mrs Savery? She’s within hearing distance.
萨弗里夫人在哪 我已经听到了
I’ll help this poor man unload some of his burden.
我来帮这个可怜人减轻点负担
I wonder if they need help with Jack.
我想他们需要有人帮忙照顾杰克
They can manage.
他们有办法的
Are the cars ready?
车准备好了吗
Don’t you make a lovely couple?
你们真是般配的一对
Have you got your speech?
你的发言准备好没
You’ve asked me twice. Yes, I’ve got my speech.
你已经问了两次了 我当然准备好了
I don’t know which is beginning to wilt, mother or the hat.
我不知道究竟哪个老了 是妈妈还是帽子
Daddy, yours is slipping.
爸爸 你的帽子滑下来了
We’ve had the church wedding.
我们在教堂举♥行♥了婚礼
And the ground hasn’t opened up and swallowed us.
而现在的场面并不火热
I’m working on it.
我在努力了
Ah, excuse me, I have this dance with Edward.
失陪一下 我要和爱德华跳支舞
Might convert him. She’ll never change, will she?
也许能改变他 她不会变的 对吗
Not a chance.
不可能的
Have you spoken to Jack?
你跟杰克说话了吗
How do you think he looks?
你觉得他看情况怎样
You’re as good a doctor as I am, Anne. What do you think?
你跟我一样是医生 你觉得呢
He’s completely immobile, he doesn’t sleep,
他完全不能动了 从不睡觉
he’s suffering terribly,
他倍受煎熬
he can barely…
他已经不太可能
The doctor in me tells me…
我的医学经验告诉我
That it’s a dreadful way to die.
那是最可怕的死法
It’s…
就像
Can I say something awful?
我知道这样说很吓人
We both know you have to be damned unlucky to go like this
我们都知道被诅咒了才会像他那样
and we are doctors, so if it scares us,
我们是医生 如果我们都害怕的话
How can I blame people for not going anywhere near him?
怎能抱怨其他人不愿接近他呢
Not even you.
包括你在内
My wonderful husband reduced to this.
我优秀的丈夫变成这样了
Richard, go and talk to him, please.
理查德 去跟他说说话吧 求你了
Hello, old friend.
你好 老朋友
Actually, Anne…
安娜 过来一下
Excuse me.
失陪
She’s coming.
她来了
Darling, I’ll be back in a moment.
亲爱的 我很快回来
Smile, everyone! Hurry up, Sophie!
大家笑一个 快点 索菲
Well done. Come on! Mind the tree!
干得好 来吧 小心树
Over here! Mind, Flora! Jack, mind the cat!
这边 弗洛拉小心 杰克 看着猫
That damn cat has a mind of its own.
该死的猫 它会小心的
Of course she has, she’s my cat! Let me take that.
当然 它可是我的猫咪 让我来
Ok.
好的
Anne, where are you? Mummy?
安娜 你在哪 妈咪
Daddy’s looking for you.
爸爸在找你
Edward’s going to do his speech.
爱德华要开始发言了
He’s been working on it for ages.
他准备了很久了
Oh, dear. Is it very long?
宝贝 会很长吗
I thought it was perfect but Sophie cut it.
我觉得很好 可索菲已经缩短了
Good for Sophie.
索菲干得好
Before I make a toast to the bride and groom,
在我为新娘新郎祝酒前
I ask you to raise your glasses
我想邀大家为他举杯
to the man who should be delivering
原本应该是由他来发言的
this speech… our wonderful father.
我们伟大的父亲
He’s been a tower of strength to Sophie,
他一直以来甚至将来都是
to Jessica, to myself and to our mother,
索菲 杰西卡 我还有母亲
all through our lives, and he continues to be so.
一生中最信赖的人
He makes you all welcome to our house on this great day
欢迎大家在这难忘的日子来到这里
and so I ask you to salute our parents…
我邀请大家向我的父母致敬
To Dr Jack Turner and Dr Anne Turner.
敬杰克·特纳医生和安娜·特纳医生
Jack and Anne.
为了杰克和安娜
Guess who’s last to leave.
猜猜谁还没走
Clare and Richard are having a nightcap.
克莱尔和理查德在喝睡前酒
Why don’t you go and see them off? I can manage here.
你去送送他们吧 这里我来就行了
Oh, thank you, darling.
谢谢 亲爱的
My wife has just made the profound observation
我妻子刚阐述了一些
that nature knows best.
对生命深刻的理解
I’m pointing out she is, as usual, talking rot.
我指出她像往常一样在胡说八道
And you’ll take his side, of course, you’ll stick together.
你肯定会站在他那边的 们很团结
You doctors always do.
你们医生都这样
Well, I know we’re not allowed
我知道我们不允许
to help people die peacefully.
对病人用安乐死
But we can watch them die of starvation!
但我们却可以看着他们痛苦地死去
Hypocrisy annoys me, Clare.
克莱尔 你的伪善气死我了
It’s been a long day.
真是漫长的一天
We’d best be going.
我们还是赶紧走吧
No, no, no.
不 别 别
Drink the champagne, finish it. Enjoy it.
把香槟喝完 好好享受
Enjoy everything while you can.
在你还能享受的时候尽情享受吧
We had such plans, Jack and myself, when he retired.
杰克退休的时候 我们计划得很好
A new life…
崭新的生活
Oh, Clare, take that expression off your face!
克莱尔 别摆出那副嘴脸
You’re looking sympathetic, it doesn’t suit you.
同情的表情一点都不适合你
You look like a nun with halitosis.
就像个口臭的修女

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!