Marital problems, professional, you name it.
这不是个无聊的请求
This is not a frivolous request.
我在严肃地
This is a…
我是一个
I’m a…
我在努力做个一个严谨的人
I’ve tried to be a serious man, you know?
努力做正确的事 融入社区
Tried to do right, be a member of the community,
抚养丹尼和莎拉
raise the… Danny, Sarah,
他们都在犹太学校上学
they both go to school, hebrew school.
做好早餐
A good breakfast…
丹尼在犹太学校上学
Well, Danny goes to hebrew school,
莎拉没时间上学
Sarah doesn’t have time.
她多数时间都在洗头
She mostly washes her hair.
显然这牵涉很多东西
Apparently there are several steps involved,
但你不必跟玛沙克说得那么详细
But you don’t have to tell Marshak that,
你就告诉他我需要帮助
just tell him I need help.
求你了 我需要帮助
Please. I need help.
教士很忙
The rabbi is busy.
他看着可不忙啊
He didn’t look busy.
他在思考
He’s thinking.
亚瑟
Arthur?
亚瑟
Arthur?
怎么了
What’s wrong?
会好的亚瑟
It’ll be okay. Arthur, we’ll…
不要担心
Don’t worry,
我们会请罗恩.梅什贝谢尔 不会有事的
we’ll get Ron Meshbesher it’ll be okay…
亚瑟
Arthur!
亚瑟
Arthur!
亚瑟 你要振作点
Arthur! You’ve got to pull yourself together!
狗屁 拉里 都是狗屁
It’s all shit, Larry! it’s all shit!
亚瑟 不要那么说
Arthur, don’t use that word.
都他妈的是狗屁
It’s just fucking shit!
亚瑟
Arthur.
看看老天爷给了你这么多
Look at all that Hashem has given you!
他给我什么了
What has he given me?
他他妈的什么都没给我
He hasn’t given me shit!
亚瑟 我有什么
Arthur. What do I have?
我还住汽车旅馆呢
I live at the Jolly Roger.
你有家庭有工作
You have a family! You have a job!
神灵什么都没给我
Hashem hasn’t given me shit he hasn’t given me bupkes!
不要怪神灵 亚瑟
It’s not fair to blame Hashem, Arthur. Please.
冷静点
Sometimes… please calm down.
有时候你得靠自己
Sometimes you have to help yourself.
神灵什么都没给我
Hashem hasn’t given me shit.
现在我连牌都玩不了了
Now I can’t even play cards.
没事的
It’s okay, it’s okay.
没事
It’s okay, it’s okay.
就这里吗
Is this it?
就是这
Yeah, I think. Yeah, there.
这应该能帮到你
Look, this should help you get back on your feet.
天啊 你哪来的钱
Oh, my god where did you get this?
-这不重要 -这不是小数目
-It doesn’t matter. – This is a lot of money.
-这应该可以让你重新开始 -我知道
– It should get you started. – I know,
但这不是一笔小数目
but this is a lot of money.
你确定你不需要吗
You sure you don’t need it?
亚瑟 不用管我
Arthur, I’m fine.
快上去吧 等你安顿下来
Come on, get in when you’re settled,
把你的联♥系♥方式告诉我
Let me know how to get in touch.
你确定吗
You’re sure?
真的没事
It’s fine.
拉里 对不起
Larry. I’m sorry.
我昨晚不该说那些
What I said last night.
我知道
I know.
没关系
It’s okay.
再见
Goodbye!
儿子 那还有一个犹太人
There’s another jew, son!
我们昨晚去泳池边了吗
Were we out at the pool last night?
是的
Yeah.
对不起
I’m sorry.
今天是安息日
It’s shabbas.
给我来一口
Give me that fucker.
很抱歉 这段时间这么艰难
I’m sorry that… that things have been so hard for us.
没事
It’s okay.
拉里 赛非常尊敬你
Sy had so much respect for you, Larry.
他写了一封信给职位委员会
He wrote letters to the tenure committee.
妈呀
Jesus Christ.
你是我们族的一员了
…Taking your place as a member of our tribe.
现在你要去见玛沙克教士
Now, you will go and see Rabbi Marshak.
之后 你要参加
Afterwards, you will celebrate in a
在楼下谢菲尔德厅举♥行♥的庆祝宴会
Reception downstairs in Schanfield hall.
结束之后你将成为亚伯拉罕的子民
And then, you will be a member of B’nai
和以色列的公民
Avraham and the nation of Israel.
丹尼.高普尼克 妇女会给你
Danny Gopnik, the sisterhood makes
制♥作♥了一个祈福杯作为礼物
A gift to you of this kiddush cup,
希望你在漫长人生中的
So that you will remember this blessed
每个安息日都
Day on the next shabbas and the next,
记得今天这个神圣的日子
And on every shabbas of a long and fruitful life.
直到你
And until that wonderful day when you
结婚的那天
stand under the chuppah, we say Amen.
当真理
When the truth
变成谬误
is found to be lies…
所有的希望
…and all the hope
都随你一同逝去
within you dies…
然后呢
Then what?
格蕾丝.斯里克
Grace Slick.
马蒂.拜伦
Marty Balin.
保罗.坎特纳
Paul Kantner.
-乔玛… -考科恩
– Jorma… – Kaukonen.
记不清了
…something.
他们都是达到这种境界的人
These are the members of the airplane.
做个好孩子
Be a good boy.
丹尼 很棒
Danny was magnificent.
谢谢 亚伦
Oh. Thank you, Arlen.
恭喜 真的很棒
Mazel tov. It was wonderful.
是的 谢谢
Yes, it was. Thank you.
值得庆贺
Such a time of nachas.
他是你最小的孩子
He’s your youngest,
你得好好回味
you have to savor it.
是的
I do.
我会的
I will.
-餐厅见 -好的
– Well, see you at the staff caf. – Yes.

I, uh… just, um…
我不该告诉你这个的
I shouldn’t tell you this,
我并不是正式通知你
I’m not telling you officially.
星期四才会通知候选人
The tenure candidates aren’t notified till Thursday.
怎么了
Yes?
你会非常满意的
You’ll be very pleased.
谢谢你 亚伦
Thank you, Arlen.
我什么都没说哦
I didn’t say anything mazel tov.
菲戈
Fagle.
天气预报说将有龙♥卷♥风♥
There’s a tornado warning from the weather service.
特尔奇科先生决定把大家
Mr. Turchik has decided to move us
转移到教堂的地下室
into the basement of the synagogue.
我们排成两列
We will form two lines.
那个破旗子都快被撕开了
That fucking flag’s gonna rip right off the flagpole!
你好
Hello?
– 是拉里吗 – 是的
– Larry? – Yes?
你好 我是莱恩.夏皮洛
Hi, Len Shapiro.
你好夏皮洛医生
Oh hello, Dr. Shapiro.
恭喜丹尼
Listen, mazel tov on Danny.
谢谢
Yes, thank you.
你能过来一下吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!