– Goys, aren’t they? – Mmm. Very much so.
我承认这样的偏见
Although maybe it’s not fair to judge.
也许有点不公平
I have to admit…
你不想坐会吗
Won’t you sit down?
好的 谢谢
Oh, um… okay. Thank you.
-有冰红茶要喝点吗 -好吧
– Iced tea? I have some. – Okay.
最近也没怎么见到你
I don’t see you much around either.
是的,我最近不怎么回家
Yes, actually I haven’t been home a lot recently. I, uh…
我和我妻子
My wife and I are…
那个 她搞的我住在…
Well, she’s got me staying at the Jolly Roger,
一家小汽车旅馆
The little motel there on…
面子上过不去吧
You’re in the doghouse, huh?
是的 含蓄点说就是这样 谢谢
Yes. That’s an understatement, I guess. Thank you.
我认为
I guess I…
你有好好利用新获得的自♥由♥吗
Do you take advantage of the new freedoms?
什么意思
What do you mean?
是我我就会
It’s something I do.
好好玩玩
For recreation.
你是指
That’s
-抽大♥麻♥ -对
…marijuana? – Mmm-hmm.
抽完你会想喝冰红茶的
You’ll find you’ll need the iced tea.
是不是…
Is it…
好吧
Well, okay.
也许斯哥特教士说的对
Maybe Rabbi Scott was right.
斯哥特教士是谁
Who’s Rabbi Scot?
初级教士
The junior Rabbi.
初级教士
The junior rabbi.
他说了什么
What did he say?
他讲到了见解
He spoke of…perception.
他说我所遇到的问题
All my problems are just…
根本不算什么
Just a… a mere…
那是个警示吗
Is that a siren?

No.
人们有时候会变得恐惧
Sometimes people get paranoid…
我的天 那才是警示
Holy cow, that is a siren.
他是住在这吗
Does this man live here?
-算是 他睡沙发 -这是干什么
– Sort of. He sleeps on the couch. – This is crazy!
他们问我住址
I didn’t know what to tell them
我不知道怎么办
they asked me for my address.
仅仅是个数学问题而已
It’s just mathematics.
你不能因为这个就逮捕他
You can’t arrest a man for mathematics.
我不知道该说这里
I didn’t know whether to tell them here,
还是汽车旅馆
Or at the Jolly Roger.
你认识他吗
Do you know this man?
我只是觉得这里会好听点
I just figured that this would sound better. I don’t know.
爸爸 为什么亚瑟叔叔戴着手铐
Dad, why is uncle Arthur in handcuffs?
这只是个误会
It’s all a mistake.
不是误会而是误捕
I mean, not a mistake, a miscarriage…
-你好塞姆斯基夫人 -你好亚瑟
– Hello, Mrs Samsky. – Hello, Arthur.
-他是不是住这 -他睡沙发
– Does this man live here? -He sleeps on the couch.
他干了什么
Look. What did he do?
-我什么也没干 -我爸睡在吊床上
– Nothing! I didn’t do anything! -Dad sleeps on a cot.
先生 我们在北达科他州抓到他的
Sir, we picked this man up at the North Dakota.
但我什么都没做
But I didn’t do anything! I didn’t…
北达科他州
The North Dakota?
他教唆卖♥♥淫 非常严重
Solicitation sodomy very serious.
但我什么都没做
But I didn’t do anything.
卖♥♥淫
“Sodomy”?
爸爸 什么是卖♥♥淫
What’s sodomy, dad?
亚瑟怎么说的
What does Arthur say?
他说他什么都没做
He says he didn’t do anything.
他说他只是想进去喝一杯
He says he just went in for a drink.
-那他喝酒了吗 -没有
– Uh-huh. Does arthur drink? – No.
北达科他州
Uh-huh. The North Dakota.
你需要一名刑事律师
Well… You’ll need a criminal attorney.
-那应该找谁 -罗恩.梅什贝谢尔
– Okay who’s… – Ron Meshbesher.
-他怎么样 -他很棒
– Is he good? -Ron is very good.
我不太明白
I don’t understand.
无非是去希勒尔婚介而已
He goes to mixers at the Hillel house.
还是请罗恩.梅什贝谢尔吧
Mmm.I would call Ron Meshbesher.
价钱贵吗
Is he expensive?
他不便宜
Ron is not cheap.
索罗请进 也许能有些转机
Yeah. Oh, Sol, come in, we could use some good news.
索罗一直负责财产方面的案子
Sol’s been going over the property line issue
他不讨论细节 但他认为
And he wouldn’t go into details, but he seems to think
有一个解决问题的好方法
there’s a nifty way out of this.
很幸运他发现了一些有利的证据
Says it was pure luck that he caught something.
不愧是最棒的合伙人 对吧 索罗
I guess that’s why you’re full partner, eh, Sol?
-丹尼的成人礼是什么时候 -就这周
-Danny’s bar mitzvah is… – This week.
这个安息日吗 很好
This shabbas? Great, great.
高普尼克教授 迪克.道顿找你
Professor Gopnik, Dick Dutton.
说我犯心脏病 回头打过去
Heart attack. Call back.
拉里
Larry?
职位委员会在…
As you know, the tenure committee meets on…
-你还好吧 -我很好
– Are you all right? – I’m fine.
很抱歉 我知道最近你比较艰难
I’m sorry. I know you’ve hit a rough patch.
有人就是…
Someone just…
不过我还好
But I’m fine.
你知道的 职位委员会将在
Well, as you know, the tenure committee
星期三开会
meets on wednesday
做出最终决定 如果
…to make its final determinations, so if…
亚伦 我不是坏人
Arlen, I am not an evil man.
-不 拉里 你当然不是坏人 -我不是
-No, no, Larry, no, of course not. – I am not!
不 我们不会有道德偏见
No, we don’t make moral judgments.
我就去过紫苑艺术中心一次
I went to the Aster Art once.
看了瑞典幻想曲
I saw Swedish reverie.
不 没事 你不需要告诉我们
No, it’s okay. We don’t need to know.
那根本就不色情
It wasn’t even erotic.
某种意义上也许是
Although it was, in a way.
拉里 真的没什么 相信我
It’s all right, really, Larry. Believe me.

Yeah, okay.
那就好
Okay. Okay.
我们周三出结果
So, we decide on Wednesday.
如果你想提交对
So, if there’s anything that you want to
你的申请有帮助的材料
submit in support of your tenure application,
务必在周三前交给我们
We would need it by wednesday.
交什么
Submit? What do you…
什么都行 出版物
Well, anything. Any published work.
你在学院之外所做的任何事
Anything you’ve done outside the institution.
任何我们应该关注的事情
Anything at all that we should be aware of.
我什么都没做过
I haven’t done anything. – uh-huh.
我没有出过书
I haven’t published.
你现在还收到匿名信吗
You’re still getting those… those anonymous…
没有 没有
No, no, I know. Yeah. Uh-huh. Yeah.
-好吧 星期三是吧 -是的
– Okay. Okay. Wednesday? – uh-huh.
就这样 别担心
Um okay uh… don’t worry.
什么都没做过并不是件坏事
Doing nothing is not bad. Ipso facto.
别紧张
Just relax.
轻松点
Try to relax.
天啊 塞姆斯基夫人
Oh, my god, Mrs. Samsky!
钉严实了 很重要
Nailing it down. So important.
玛沙克
Marshak
求你了我需要帮助
Please. I need help. I’ve already
我已经跟其他教士谈过了
talked to the other rabbis. Please.
这跟丹尼的成人礼无关
It’s not about Danny’s bar mitzvah.
我儿子 丹尼
My boy, Danny.
这个周末要举♥行♥成人礼
This coming shabbas.
是件喜事
Very joyous event. That’s all fine.
这是我自己的问题
It’s more about myself.
我最近遇到了很多麻烦事
I’ve had quite a bit of tsuris lately.
婚姻问题 职业瓶颈 我什么都遇到了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!