If I knew, I’d be the rabbi.
这里的空气真新鲜
The air out here is magnificent.
我觉得谁要是把这里空气瓶装出♥售♥
I’m telling you, if someone could bottle this air,
肯定会成百万富翁的
They’d make a million dollars.
第一位教士
你好 拉里 很高兴见到你
Hello, Larry. Good to see you.
你好 斯哥特教士
Oh. Rabbi Scott.
我记得是和纳赫特纳约好谈话
I thought I was going to see Rabbi Nachtner.
他有急事被叫走了
He was called away on an etz monim.
露丝·莱恩的妈妈住院了 情况不太好
Ruth Brynn’s mother is in the hospital and she isn’t doing well.
纳赫特纳教士让我替他 进来吧
Rabbi Nachtner asked me to cover for him. Come on in.
而且她想获得再婚资格
And she wants a gett.

A what?
-他想要… -再婚资格
– She wants a… – Oh, a gett.
可以
Uh-huh. Sure.
我感觉一切都来不及反应
I feel like the carpet’s been yanked out from under me.
不知什么时候才算到头
I don’t know which end is up.
我都不知道怎么应对
I’m not even sure how to react.
我很迷惑
I’m too confused.
她说你们婚姻破裂的原因是什么
What reasons did she give for the rupture?
她没有说原因
She didn’t give reasons just that,
只是说 一切都不太顺利
You know, things haven’t been going well.
是这样吗
And is that true?
我猜是这样 我也不知道
I guess. I don’t know.
一般她说话也都在理
She’s usually right about these things.
我希望纳赫特纳教士可以
I was hoping that Rabbi Nachtner could…
他可以 他可以 什么?
That he would… he would… yes?
用他的人生经历解决我的难题
Well, with the benefit of his life experience.
不是冒犯你
No offense.
不 没有 我是初级教士
No, of course not I am the Junior Rabbi.
而且确实有时候老辈人的观点是正确的
And it’s true, the point of view of somebody who’s older
或者经历过这样的事情 观点会更有依据
And perhaps had similar problems might be more valid.
你也应该找高级教士谈谈 必须的
And you should see the senior Rabbi as well, by all means.
甚至可以找一下玛沙克
Or even Marshak,
如果你可以话
If you can get in.
他很忙的 不过或许…
He’s quite busy, but maybe…
我可以和你聊聊吗
Can I share something with you?
因为也有过迷失信仰的感觉
Because I, too, have had the feeling of losing track
问题就在这里
Of Hashem, which is the problem here.
我也不知道怎么在这个世界上与他同在
I, too, have forgotten how to see him in the world,
那个时候 你会想
And when that happens, you think,
如果我看不见他 他就不在这儿 他走了
“well, if I can’t see him, he isn’t there. He’s gone.”
但是事情不是这样的
But that’s not the case.
你只要记住如何去理解他
You just need to remember how to see him.
我说得对不对 我是说
Am I right? I mean…
这里的停车场
The parking lot here.
车不多
Not much to see.
但是你想象一下自己是个游客
But if you imagine yourself a visitor,
对汽车一窍不通
Somebody who isn’t familiar with these autos and such,
对一切事物还能感到好奇
Somebody still with the capacity for wonder.
有着新颖的观点
Someone with a fresh perspective.
就是这个 拉里
That’s what it is, Larry.
因为只有用正确的观点
Because with the right perspective,
你就可以看见神灵 深入这个世界
You can see Hashem, you know, reaching into the world.
他就在这个世界 不仅仅在会堂
He is in the world, not just in shul.
我感觉 你再用一种厌倦的视角
It sounds to me like you’re looking
看这个世界
At the world, looking at your wife,
看你的妻子
Through tired eyes.
就感觉她不是个有血有肉的人
It sounds like she’s become a sort of thing…
而是个麻烦
A problem.
麻烦的东西
A thing.
她和赛·艾伯曼约会
She is seeing Sy Ableman.
他们是想…
They’re planning…
所以他们想要再婚资格
That’s why they want the gett.
对不起
Oh I’m sorry.
是他的主意
It was his idea.
是的 信仰上说他们确实需要再婚资格
Well, they do need a gett to remarry in the faith.
但是 这就是生活
But… this is life.
你应该想这是上帝的意愿
You have to see these things as expressions of God’s will.
当然尽管你不喜欢
You don’t have to like it, of course.
老板不总是正确的 但他永远是老板
The boss isn’t always right, but he’s always the boss.

That’s right!
事情没有那么糟糕
Things aren’t so bad.
看看这停车场 拉里
Look at the parking lot, Larry.
看看那个停车场
Just look at that parking lot.
我们已经开饭了吗
Are we eating already?
莎拉要出去
Sarah’s going out.
别闹了
Ow! cut it out!
怎么回事儿
What’s going on?
爸爸不吃饭吗
Isn’t dad eating?
他在汽车旅馆
He’s at the Jolly Roger.
是啊
Oh, yeah.
你好吗 拉里
How are you, Larry?
上帝啊 我真抱歉
Jesus, I am so sorry
-在这种情况下和你见面 -没事
– To be seeing you under these circumstances. – Oh, well…
我一直以为你和朱迪的关系坚若磐石
I always thought you and Judy were rock solid.
真糟糕 拉里 真是令人惊讶
This is so terrible, Larry. This is devastating.
但是 我觉得我会
Well, you know, the way I look at it,
把它当成一次机会
It’s an opportunity for me to really
真正的坐下来 把问题解决
Sit down and figure things out
用新的眼光去面对世界 而不再想公正与否
And look at the world afresh instead of just, you know,
接受现实 已经不想用老观念看问题了
Settling for the routine, tired old way of looking at things.
是吗
Really?
我不知道 也许不行
I don’t know, maybe not.
从法律上 我得提醒你
Well, legally, I have to warn you,
对丈夫来说很难
It’s never easy for the husband.
除非有问题存在
Unless, of course, there’s some question
比如说妻子破坏婚约
Of the wife having violated the marriage contract?
不 不 不是那样的
Oh, no, no nothing like that.
尽管她想嫁给赛·艾伯曼 但他们…
Although she is planning to marry Sy Ableman, but they…
赛·艾伯曼
Sy Ableman!
-是的 但他们 -艾斯特尸骨未寒啊
– Yes. But they… – Esther is barely cold!
她死三年了
She passed three years ago.
那怎么 这性质就不一样了 拉里
Well… still, this changes the complexion, Larry.
赛·艾伯曼
Sy Ableman.
尽管很难相信 这是真的
Not in the sense that… There hasn’t been hanky-panky.
据我所知
To my knowledge.
-是吗 -是的 我确定这不是问题
– Oh? – No I’m fairly certain this is not an issue.
事实上 朱迪丝想要再婚资格
And in fact, Judith wants a gett.
什么?
A what?
宗教上的离婚
A ritual divorce.
所以他们可以在信仰上再婚
So that they can remarry in the faith.
是这样的
Uh-huh. Yeah, sure, uh…
那就不是法律上的事儿了
Well, not really a legal issue.
好吧
Okay, um…
好 那就好
Good. Good.
还有件事 就是邻居的地界线
On the other thing, the neighbor’s property line,
我让所罗门·舒尔茨看过了
I’ve asked Solomon Schlutz to take a look.
我们对房♥产处理问题范围很小 让索罗解决
There’s very little to do with real estate that’ll get by Sol.
好的 你怎么
Okay good. How do you…
我有点担心
I guess I’m a little worried.
你怎么 我最近手头比较紧
How do you… I have money pressures…
我们的收费情况 按小时收费
Our fee structure? We bill by the hour.
戴夫·西葛丝登和所罗门·舒尔茨一小时110
Dave Sieglestein and Solomon Schlutz bill at 110.
合作人 比如我 一小时…
The associates, me, for instance, bill at…
高普尼克先生的电♥话♥ 丹尼从家打来的
Call for Mr Gopnik Danny at home.
你在这儿接吧
You can take it here.
丹尼
Danny?
-爸爸 -你还好吗
– Hey, dad. – Are you all right?
没事吧
Are you all…
街舞还是看不清
F Troop is fuzzy.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!