Mother…
老妈…
Mr. Murchison! How are you?
马洛逊先生 你好
How are you? How are you?
你好… 你好…
Oh, quite well, thank you.
还好 谢谢 好极了
Good, good.
谢谢
And this is Paul?
这是保罗吗
No, this is Norman. Norman.
不 是诺曼 诺曼
Oh, Norman! You’re looking good.
诺曼 你气色真好
Yes, hasn’t he grown up?
他真的长大了
You’re looking so good.
太好了
Oh, Paul’s here. Come on!
保罗来了 快
I’m sorry, Mother.
对不起 妈妈
I have to meet Jessie Burns’ family at the station.
我得去车站见杰茜的家人
Her brother Neal’s coming from California.
她哥哥尼欧刚从加州回来
Oh, well now.
这样啊
So I’m late.
我快迟到了
Should we have this girl over to dinner?
她会来吃晚餐吗
Perhaps, Mother.
也许会 妈妈
Hello! Howdy!
你好 你好
Mother!
母亲
Come
来
Paul! Well, well…
保罗 来了 来了
Hey, Maclean!
麦克雷
Paul. Maclean. Let me borrow those a moment.
保罗 你好 山姆 借我用一下
Sure, why not?
好啊
Hello, Father.
爸爸 你好
Come here, come here!
过来 来这边
He got the first shot.
第一次他就中了
The Burns family ran a general store in a one-store town…
伯恩斯家在镇上开着唯一的杂货店
and still managed to do badly.
但是生意仍然不好
This is Norman.
这是诺曼
They were Methodistsa denomination my father always referred to
他们是循道宗教♥徒♥ 父亲拿他们比做
as “Baptists who could read “.
有文化的浸信会教♥徒♥
Pa Glad to know you. It’s a pleasure.
我爸爸 幸会 幸会
This is my mother.
这位是我母亲
It’s a really pleasure to meet you, Norman.
很高兴见到你
Jessie tells me you’re a poet.
杰茜说你是个诗人
Are you related to the Fishing Newspaperman?
你和那爱钓鱼的记者是亲戚吗
That’s my brother.
那是我弟弟
Jessie says you just got your degree
听说你刚毕业
Yes.
是的
Jessie was at the university. She was majoring in…
杰茜还在上学 主修是…
Wasn’t it?
是科学吧
Flapperism.
黄毛丫头
She dropped out. Aunt Sally!
但是没毕业 莎莉姨妈!
She can learn from you. Stick-to-activity.
她可以向你学习
Oh, now, just let the young man breathe. He’s not used to all this.
让他松一口气 他不习惯
He’s a Presbyterian.
他是长老教会信徒
Ooh, he’s here! He’s here!
是尼欧 他来了 他来了
Let’s go
我们走
Jessie’s brother Neal stepped off the train…
杰茜的哥哥尼欧走下火车
trying to remember what a Davis Cup tennis player looked like.
举手投足像个戴维斯杯的网球选手
You look so good! He looks a little thin!
你气色真好 有点瘦了
You look great! You look great!
你真棒
Neal, this is Norman. Norman, my brother Neal.
这位是诺曼 这是我哥哥尼欧
Hello, boy.
你好 老弟
What, did you sit up all night on that thing?
你是不是一晚没睡?
Did you get my card from Yellowstone?
你收到我从黄石寄的明信片了吗
I did. I got that. What do you think about this tie?
收到了 你喜不喜欢这个领带?
Come on, guys. Let him breathe. He just got here.
好了 让他松一口气 他刚到这儿
Let’s go eat.
走 吃饭去
That’s a good idea!
好主意
I got some chicken salad sandwiches in the car
车里和家里都有吃的
and I’ve got some baking chickens at home.
鸡丁沙拉烤鸡什么的
Mrs. Miller has given us some cherries…
米勒太太给了我一些樱桃
so I can make your favourite pie. Mrs. Miller’s still alive?
我能做你们最喜欢的派 米勒太太还活着吗
Not the home-made beer!
是自酿麦酒?
It was a good year!
产年很好
Over the lips, past the gums, look out stomach, here she comes!
给我些口香糖 开始吃吧
So what’s the first station out there now?
那里的第一站是什么
When I travelled that way, San Berdoo was there.
我记得是圣伯都
San Berdoo and a lot of sand, and a lot of desert, a hell of a lot of desert.
那里有很多沙和沙漠 大♥片♥的沙漠
We came back to Salt Lake City and had to change at Salt Lake City.
回到盐湖城 在那里换车
There was a little hotel there that used to…
那里有个饭店总是卖♥♥…
Serve oysters. serve oysters.
蠔肉 对 蠔肉
Norman, do you drink? Does he drink?
你喝不喝酒? 诺曼 他喝酒吗
Oh, a little bit.
一点点吧
Well, here’s to the old fam-damn-ily!
祝我们一家他♥娘♥的♥老小
Fam-damn-ily!
他♥娘♥的♥一家
Hear, hear! Famdamnily.
听见没 他说什么
He’s just tired. It’s a long trip.
他有点累罢了 旅途很长嘛
At least he still has his appetite!
至少他还有胃口
So how long you planning to stay, Neal?
你想住多久? 尼欧
Sport! Sport, come here!
斯伯特 过来
I don’t know.
我不知道
I miss the ocean
我怀念大海
What’s it like?
那感觉如何?
Oh, it’s big and it’s blue.
蓝色的一大♥片♥
People ride on the waves.
人们在冲浪
I tell you, I was getting pretty good at it! Ow!
告诉你 我冲得不错哦
Down, man! Bad dog, bad! Jeez, Ma!
坏狗 蹲下 老天 妈妈
Well, you get him so excited!
你让它太兴奋了
Sport! Anyhoo, what was I…What was I talking about?
刚刚谈到什么
The water. The ocean.
蓝色的水 海洋
Oh, yeah. Yes, yes, yes.
对 是啊
So we’d ride those waves all day long, all the boys…
我们整天在冲浪
Ramon, me, Ronnie Coleman.
雷蒙 罗尼·科尔曼和我
Ronald Coleman?! Ronald Coleman?
罗纳德·科尔曼? 罗纳德·科尔曼?
I love Ronald Coleman.
我最爱罗纳德·科尔曼
You know, people have told me I look like Ronald Coleman.
我长得像他 真的 人们都这么说
I can’t picture him riding on waves.
我无法想像他是怎么冲浪的
Some Kodak, huh?
真好笑
Well, Mait’s been a long trip.
妈 累了一天了
Maybe you could go fishing with Norman sometime?
你要不要和诺曼去钓鱼?
Yeah, that’s a good idea.
好主意
Yeah.
对啊
Wonderful. Wouldn’t it be?
棒极了 不是吗
Fishing?
钓鱼?
Well, you do fish?
你会不会?
Course he does! He has a pole and everything.
当然会 他有鱼竿什么的
Oh, yes, everybody does.
大家都会
You betcha!
当然会
When’s a good time for you, Norman?
什么时候方便
Oh, uh, Friday? Friday’s good.
星期五吧 星期五 很好
Friday’s good. What time?
星期五♥不♥错 几点
Six?
六点
AM?
早上?
Oh, yes. He’ll be there. Won’t you, honey?
行了 他会去的 是吗 亲爱的
Thank you, Norman, that’s very kind of you.
谢谢诺曼 你真好
Oh, my pleasure.
我的荣幸
Andand maybe Paul could come, too?
要不要带保罗去?
Oh, that would be nice.
好主意
I’m sure Paul would love to go fishing with us.
保罗一定很乐意去
Can I come? Oh, no, not this time, honey.
我能去吗 这次不行 亲爱的
Let’s get these things outside.
我们把这些东西拿出去吧
Why don’t you go with Neal, Norman?
跟尼欧去 诺曼
Hm?
什么
So you can make your plans.
计划好的
Oh, yeah.
对
The only plan Neal had in mind was a trip to Black Jack’s Bar…
尼欧唯一的计划是去老杰克酒吧