What do you say, Pauley? Hey, Pauley!
你好 保罗 嘿 保罗
Murph! Preacher!
莫夫 牧师
Preacher?
牧师?
How are you, Murph?
你好 莫夫
Long time, long time.
好久不见
Good to see you.
见到你真好
Uh, you know the house rules as good as I do, Paul.
你知道这里的规矩 保罗
No Injuns. Period.
不准请印第安人
I just flat don’t like the house rules, Murph.
我真不喜欢这规矩 莫夫
Me neither.
我也不喜欢
Well, what are you gonna make me do here, Pauley?
你要我怎么做? 保罗
Just get us a table, for four.
给我们一张四人桌
Last time, Paul.
最后一次 保罗
Hello, Judge. Paul.
法官你好 保罗
Oh, you can get him back.
你能报复他
Get drunk and dance naked on his tables.
喝醉后赤♥裸♥的在他桌上跳舞
And beat hell out of the son of a bitch!
痛揍那个混♥蛋♥
My darling! Hi, Paul.
亲爱的 你好 保罗
They got some swell hooch here. They even wash the glasses.
这里有好酒 杯子很干净
Drink?
喝什么
What’ll it be, Je…Jessie?
你想要什么 杰… 杰茜
Uh, I’ll have a martini, Paul. It is Paul?
我要杯马提尼 保罗 你是叫保罗吧?
Righty-ho!
答对了
The usual for Norm… a gin and prune juice.
跟以前一样 杜松子酒加李子汁
Make that a double!
双份
Excuse me! I’d like to order a drink, too.
劳驾 我也要点酒
Whisky, double.
威士忌 双份
So, uh… what are you doing now, Mabel?
你做什么的 梅布尔
I sell bait.
我卖♥♥鱼饵
You know, you have the most beautiful hair I’ve ever seen.
我从没见过你那么漂亮的头发
You think I should get it bobbed?
我该剪短些吗
No, no, not in a million years.
不 绝对不要
Well… The candle burns at both ends. It will not last the night.
“人生如炬” “珍惜今晚”
But, ah, my foes, and oh, my friends, it gives a lovely light.
“各位 在座 请欣赏这光辉”
That’s nice.
说的真好
How about “To my editor,
这个怎么样 “敬我的编辑
the old fathe old curmudgeon. ”
那个老混…那个老不死的”
Excuse me. You know, he took me off the Anaconda story.
抱歉 他不要我再报道矿场的新闻
I’m a reporter at the Bee. I know.
我是个记者 我知道
How do you know?
你怎么知道?
Oh, I’m famous. The Fishing Newspaperman.
我很出名 爱钓鱼的记者
You know he fishes, too?
你也知道他喜欢钓鱼?
I thought everybody knew.
大家都知道
Brother, you’ve been away a long time.
哥哥 你离开太久了
I’d say so.
说的是
Anyway, it seems my editor…
总而言之 我的编辑…
The old curmudgeon!
那老不死的
Yes, exactly.
说得对
Has been getting calls. No names, just threats.
接到过很多电♥话♥ 匿名电♥话♥ 恐吓电♥话♥
Real threats?
真的恐吓你?
Well, it’s nice to know you’re touching a nerve, but…
真高兴知道你那么有勇气 但是…
Well, what did they say? Mm?
电♥话♥说什么 什么
What did they say? Mm?
电♥话♥说什么 什么
What did they say?
电♥话♥说什么
You’ll have to cut it out of him. The usual.
你要逼着他说
“The boys are gonna have to come down and pay me a little visit. ”
“有人要来拜访我”
Ah! “Fit you with a pair of concrete galoshes, see? ”
“要来修理你?”
Exactly.
正是如此
I have to dance.
我要跳舞
Watch out!
小心
And now, the Muskrat Ramble!
请跳 “麝香鼠慢步”
Watch it! Hey!
小心
Get out of it!
注意点!
I’m nowhere near as good as my brother,
我比不上我弟弟
but would you do me the honour?
但我很荣幸能邀你跳舞…
I’d love to.
很乐意
“Dear Jessie
“亲爱的杰茜”
as the moon lingers a moment over the Bitterroots…
“当月光在草地上徘徊”
before its descent into the invisible…
“不久就消失西落”
my mind is filled with song.”
“我的心充满着歌♥声”
“I find I am humming softly…
“我轻声地哼唱”
not to the music, but something else.”
“不是乐曲 是别的声响…”
“Someplace else.”
“在某个地方…”
“A place remembered.”
“永远怀念的地方…”
“A field of grass, where no-one seemed to have been…
“人没去过的草原”
except the deer.”
“只有鹿在徜徉”
“The memory is strengthened by the feeling of you…
“你依偎在我的臂膀”
dancing in my awkward arms.”
“这种回忆使我心神荡漾”
“Norman.”
“诺曼”
Yes?
喂?
What’s wrong? Who is it?
出什么事了? 谁呀?
It’s OK, Mother!
没事 妈妈
Who is this?
是谁?
I’m, uh, Norman Maclean.
我是诺曼·麦克雷
Ah, he doesn’t have to post bond.
他不需要保证金
He covers the police beat and has friends here.
他这里有朋友
All you have to do is look at him and take him home.
你只需要带他回去
What did he do?
他做什么了?
He hit a guy and a guy is missing a couple of teeth.
他把人牙齿打掉两颗
Why did he hit him?
为什么打人
It says here a remark was passed concerning the Indian woman he was with.
他说那人对他的印第安女人说了句什么不敬的话
Well, the guy deserved it.
那人应该被揍
You’re picking your brother up too much lately.
你弟弟最近惹太多事
Is that right?
是吗
Besides, he’s behind in the big stud poker game at Lolo.
并且他在露露赌场欠了很多钱
It’s not healthy to get behind in that big game at Lolo.
在露露欠钱太久可不是什么好事
Is he hurt?
他受了伤吗
He’s not hurt, he’s just sick.
没受伤 只是很虚弱
He drinks too much.
他醉得厉害
Down at Lolo, they don’t drink too much.
在露露 他们不喜欢喝太多酒
You better go in and get your brother.
去找你弟弟吧
Thanks
谢谢
I’m tired and I wanna go to jail
我累了 我想去睡
I just had a drink about an hour ago
我一个小时前喝了几杯
It went right through my head
结果一下子就醉
No matter where I go…
不论我去那里
On land, or sea, or foam
走路还是坐船
You can always hear me singing this song
你总能听到我在唱歌♥
Show me the way to go home
教我怎么回家
If you need any money, Paul
如果你需要钱的话 保罗
or anything else… I want you to know that
或是其他的东西 我要你知道
She lives past the slaughterhouse.
她住在屠宰场隔壁
I can help.
我能帮你
Turn here.
在这里转弯
Come here, Queenie, come here!
过来 奎尼 来呀
I got it! Whoo, whoo, whoo!
拿到了
Look at that! Ha!
瞧瞧看
Well, the chickens haven’t come home to roost yet, Al.
这游戏还没结束呢
Not bad.
还不赖
Are you all right, Norman?
你还好吗 诺曼
Clara. Was that your jelly?
克莱拉 那是你做的果酱吗
Yes, it was, Ethel It’s wonderful.
是的 埃塞尔 做得真好
Thank you so much.
谢谢
And is this Norman? Yes, it is.
这是诺曼吗 是啊
Yes, we’re very proud of him.
我们以他为荣
Nice to have you back.
欢迎你回来
Thank you.
谢谢
Her daughter has turned into quite a beauty.
她女儿出落得亭亭玉立
And there she is over there.
就在那里
Twenty only a week ago. She’s bright as a light, Norman.
快满21岁了 她冰雪聪明