如果是那样的话 我希望做一个
Well, in that case, I wanna be
英国报界从未见过的 被高度认可
the most highly regarded, well-respected, award-winning
为人景仰 获奖颇丰的编辑
editor Fleet Street’s ever seen.
那就让我重回战场
Then get me back in the field.
我不能那么做
I can’t do that.
而且你还没准备好 不是吗
And you’re not ready, are you?
那么 也许我只要在这里找个心理医生
Well, then, maybe I just have to find a shrink in here
一个能证明我很理智的心理医生
who’ll testify to my sanity.
你还有亚西尔 阿♥拉♥法特给你讲他的人生故事呢 所以
Well, you got Yasser Arafat to give you his life story, so…
听着 我跟人约好了吃午饭 但是
Look, I’ve got a lunch, but…
别担心 你在国外的记者队伍的职位不会变
Don’t worry, your position on the foreign team isn’t going anywhere.
阿富汗 瓦济赫瓦
去霍姆斯的前3年
– 看起来不太妙
– Doesn’t look good.
– 哦 我的上帝 哦 不
– Oh, my God. Oh, no.
这是什么 路边炸♥弹♥吗
What is it? IED?
– 是的 一定是
– Yeah, must be.
– 这情况常见吗 – 是的
– Is that Norm? Yeah.
有人在帮助这个小男孩吗
Is someone helping this little boy?
伙计们 我们能叫个医生吗
Guys, can we get a medic?
我会照顾他的
I’ll take care of him.
你会没事的 好吗
You’ll be okay, all right?
战争是平民无声的勇敢
War is the quiet bravery of civilians
他们将忍♥受我远远无法忍♥受的事
who will endure far more than I ever will,
他们被迫参加战斗 他们只想生存
of those asked to fight and those who are just trying to survive.
母亲们 父亲们 儿子们和女儿们
Mothers, fathers, sons and daughters,
受到创伤的那些家庭
traumatized families,
都经历着失去亲人和伤心欲绝
bereft and inconsolable.
– 拉什卡尔加城外的检查站受到袭击
– Checkpoint outside Lashkargah’s been hit.
塔♥利♥班♥向平民开火 这似乎很危险
Taliban’s opened fire on civilians. It seems risky.
– 那离我们要去的地方不远
– That’s nowhere near where we’re supposed to be going.
– 我们该怎么办
– What shall we do?
– 我们必须去
– We have to go.
– 诺姆 嘿 诺姆
– Norm. Hey, Norm.
如果不带这些保姆 你能多带两个人吗
If I ditch the babysitters, you got room for two?
– 当然
Sure.
在报道战争时 我们真的能有所作为吗
In covering war, can we really make a difference?
真正的困难是对人性有足够的信心
The real difficulty is having enough faith in humanity
去相信足够多的人会去关注
to believe that enough people will care
当你的故事最终传到他们耳中时
when your story finally reaches them.
哦 丹尼少年
Oh, Danny boy
笛声在在呼唤
The pipes, the pipes are calling
在峡谷间回荡
From glen to glen
消失在山脚下
and down the mountain side
哦 丹尼少年
Oh, Danny boy
我如此爱你
I love you so
唱的美极了 好极了
Beautiful. Fantastic.
– 下次请选一首悲伤一点的歌♥
– Please pick a sadder song next time.
– 去你的
– Fuck.
女士们先生们
Ladies and gentlemen,
我想感谢你们忍♥受如此寒冷的天气
I would like to thank you for braving the cold
来加入我们的第四届年度
and joining us for our fourth annual
一月畅饮 聚会
“End-Of-Dry-January” party.
四年之前 我和一个同事
Four Decembers ago, an associate and I,
在度过了美好的一年之后
after a very good year,
决定带上我们最好的客户
decided to take our best shipping client,
去参加一个在米兰的庆祝晚宴
uh, for a celebratory dinner in Milan.
喝了很多酒和其他一些东西之后
After much booze and, um, other substances,
我他妈的都不知道发生了些什么
I have no fucking idea what happened.
不管怎样 我决定最好在一月份戒酒
Anyway, I decided that it was best to pump the old brakes in January.
很高兴你们能出席
I’m very glad to have you here
来庆祝这令人苦恼的一月的结束
to celebrate the end of that wretched month
还有活着
and to being alive.
活着
Being alive!
干杯
Cheers.
活着 活着
Being alive! Being alive!
– 嘿 丽塔 丽塔 别走
– Hey, Rita. Rita. Don’t go.
现在还早
It’s still early.
– 亲爱的 现在是凌晨2点
– Darling, it’s 2:00 a.M.
我得早起给克洛伊做早餐
I have to be up early to make breakfast for Chloe.
– 好吧 等一会 然后我们一起走
– Well, stay and then I’ll come with you.
不是那样的 你不会的
Not like that, you won’t.
– 什么意思
What’s that supposed to mean?
– 我们早餐不喝伏特加
– We’re not having vodka for breakfast.
– 不 我很好 一切都很好
– No, I’m fine. Everything’s fine.
你什么时候变得这么暴躁了
When did you get so crusty?
– 你什么时候变成了一个酒鬼了
– When did you become an alcoholic?
– 嗯 我15岁就开始喝酒了
– Well, I’ve been drinking since I was 15,
所以已经有一段时间了
so it’s been a while.
– 当音乐停止时你听到什么
– What do you hear when the music stops?
– 我什么也没听到
– I don’t hear anything at all.
倒霉
Shit.
– 我的叫的出租车来了
– My minicab’s here.
听着 我很抱歉 我累了
Look, I’m sorry. I’m tired.
你为什么不逃避这一切
Why don’t you skip all this,
回我家里喝杯茶呢
come back to mine for a cup of tea?
– 不 早晨起来给你的小天使一个
– No. You give your little angel a kiss in the morning
来自海盗玛丽阿姨的吻
from Aunt Marie, the pirate.
– 在公海上小心点 好吗
– Take care out there on the high seas, all right?
再见
Bye-bye.
– 爱你
– Love you.
– 你好 – 你好
– Hi. – Hi.
谢谢你让我们过来 – 我的荣幸
Thanks for having us over. – My pleasure.
– 玛丽 – 托尼
– Marie. – Tony.
– 很高兴认识你 – 很高兴认识你
– Nice to meet you. – Nice to meet you.
– 我能抽一根烟吗 – 当然
– Can I bum one of those? – Certainly.
– 玛丽 你在哪里买♥♥的眼罩
– Where’d you get that eye patch, Marie?
– 金银岛
– Uh, Treasure Island.
– 真的吗
– Really?
我听说
I heard…
我听说你在斯里兰卡买♥♥的
I heard you got it in Sri Lanka.
– 是吗 – 有时候难以启齿
– You did? – Which is hard to say sometimes.
我问的艾米
I asked Amy.
– 你 呃
– And you, uh…
你询问过你所有潜在的一♥夜♥情♥对象吗
You background-check all of your potential one-night stands?
– 我没有一♥夜♥情♥
– I don’t have one-night stands.
– 哦
– Oh.
– 我没有 不 我没有 我没有
– I don’t. No, I don’t, I don’t.
我有过冒险的性经历
I have sexual adventures.
但一♥夜♥情♥ 还是散了
One-night stands, no.
– 我总是和神经病搞在一起
– I always end up with psychos.
– 完美
– Perfect.
– 咖啡要加什么吗
– How do you take it?
– 不需要
– Black.
– 你在城里工作吗 – 是啊
– You work in the city? – Yeah.
有时 但我经常旅行 所以
Sometimes. But I travel a lot, so…
– 你的公♥寓♥看起来像帕特里克 贝特曼伦敦噩梦
– Your apartment looks like Patrick Bateman’s London nightmare.
– 谢谢你
– Thank you.
– 你看起来像我在德黑兰遇到的牧师
– And you look like a cleric I met in Tehran.
– 哦 是的
– Oh, yeah.
我只是需要擦干头发
I just had to dry my hair.
就是这个
That one.
那就是你昨晚喊那个人吗
Is that who you were shouting at last night?
– 你什么意思 喊什么
– What do you mean, shouting about?
– 我觉得你做了个噩梦
– I think you were having a nightmare.
– 我没有
– I wasn’t.
我没做噩梦 – 好吧
I don’t have nightmares. – Okay.
听着
Look…
我是个单身父亲 也是个很烂的丈夫
I’m a single father who was a really shitty husband,
当我不在努力工作的时候 我只是喜欢
and when I’m not working hard, I just like to…
– 努力生活 – 是啊
– Live hard. – Yeah.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!