威马就是那个把鸡催眠的人
Wilmer Scott was the one who hypnotized the chickens…
你看吧,-在节目中
There you go. – On the show.
一连催眠了..四只鸡喔
He did like, what, four of those chickens in a row.
四或五只鸡,-谁是威马史古特啊
Four or five of them. – Who was Wilmer Scott?
他是早安秀的主持人
He was the host of that Rise and Shine Show.
一大早 清晨五点
Early in the morning. 5 A.M.
G.K.就是从那开始电台生涯的
That’s, uh, what, uh, G.K. Got started in radio.
是啊 宗教性节目
Right. Gospel show.
他透过电台节目催眠鸡啊
And he hypnotized chickens on the radio?
不是 但他在节目里有表演的
No, but he did the chickens on this show.
节目里
On this show?
不是在早安秀啦
Not on that Rise and Shine Show.
喔
OK.
好啦 熄掉大灯
All right, let’s dim the house lights.
你还记得他何时搞的鸡吗
You remember when he did those chickens?
说催眠啊,-是啊
Hypnotized them? – Yep.
是些中国鸡 对吧
Chinese chickens, right?
宫保吧 我相信
Kung Pao, I believe.
有些小..是有些小..
With the little… didn’t they have a little…
好了 在这里
Here we go. Over here.
皮司卡打哇..
Piscacadawadaquoddymoggin.
皮斯卡什么
Pisca what?
广♥告♥赞助商啊 早上五点的早安秀
The sponsor. 5 A.M. Rise and Shine Show.
那叫什么
What was it called?
用草作的..
Made of buffalo grass…
还有30秒
And thirty seconds to broadcast, please.
还有黄樟啊 跟些谷类酿的酒
Sassafras, and natural grain alcohol.
那叫什么来着
What was it called?
皮斯卡卡哇
Piscacadawadaquoddymoggin.
皮斯卡卡哇
No, it’s Piscacadawadaquoddymoggin.
就定位 麻烦,-好啦 定位
Places, please. – OK. Places.
我刚就这样说的啊
That’s what I said.
还记得那广♥告♥歌♥吗 怎么哼的
Remember the jingle? How it went?
Piscacadawadaquoddymoggin 药用配方
Piscacadawadaquoddymoggin Medicinal Formula
预备 开始啦
Standin’ by. Here we go.
威马在他咖啡里加的就是那玩意
It was what Wilmer Scott had in his coffee cup…
啊,-每天早上
Uh-huh. – Every morning.
早上五点,-就在这
5 A.M. – Right here.
然后他就戒酒了
Then he quit drinking.
喔,-对广播也没兴趣了
Uh-huh. OK. – And he lost interest in radio.
检查一下谷仓的门
Check your barn doors.
他开始有麦克风恐惧症
He developed mic fright.
他怎么戒的酒
How did he quit drinkin’?
就戒啦
He just quit.
我们开始啦,-然后他开始养鸡
And we’re on. – Then he raised chickens.
表演鸡 中国种的鸡
Show chickens. Chinese chickens.
老钢琴声传来
I hear that old piano
在街那头
From down the avenue
闻到树的味道
I smell the pine trees
到处找你
I look around for you
喔我的甜心
Oh, my sweet, sweet, sweet old someone
穿越过门
Coming through that door
星期六 乐队正在演出
It’s Saturday and the band is playin’
甜心 我们还能要求更多吗
Honey, could we ask for more?
大家周末夜好啊
Hello, everybody, on a Saturday night…
欢迎来到草原之家的伙伴..
and welcome to a live broadcast…
节目实况转播现场
of A Prairie Home Companion coming to you…
由您最友善的朋友WLT所播出
from WLT, your friendly neighbor station.
诺尔 你跑哪去了
Noir, where you been?
我在照顾强森女郎们
I was lookin’ after the Johnson Girls.
好 你不是该去门口看着
OK. Aren’t you supposed to be guarding the door?
你在担心什么吗
Are you worried about something?
刚接到个疯女人打来的电♥话♥
Uh, I had a weird call from some crazy lady, so…
喔 他没那么疯啦
Oh, she’s not that crazy.
你又知道了
How do you know?
因为下午我见过他
Because I met her earlier this afternoon.
他来过了
She came by.
他长啥样 你还记得吗
What does she look like? You get a description?
耶 我还记得
Yeah, I got a description.
是吗
Yeah?
他非常漂亮
She was beautiful.
他头发充满光泽 正如上帝所想的一样
Her hair was what God had in mind when he said, let there be…
头发 喔 头发
Hair. Right. Hair.
头发 耶
Hair. Yeah.
他对我甜甜一笑
She gave me a smile so sweet…
甜到能倒在你的松饼上
you could’ve poured it on your pancakes.
他穿着一件雪白的外套
She was wearing a white trench coat so white…
白到让雨滴都不好意思滴上去
that rain would be embarrassed to fall on it.
懂了
Got it. Right.
他穿着紧身裙
The skirt she was wearing was so tight…
紧到能让你看见内♥裤♥上绣的字
you could read the embroidery on her underwear.
上面说 用温水清洗 轻微搅动
It said, “Wash in lukewarm water and spin lightly.”
你胡诌的吧
OK, you’re makin’ it up.
他穿着件印着总统山的T恤,那几个总统从没这么帅过
She had a Mount Rushmore t-shirt on, and those guys never looked so good.
尤其是杰佛逊跟林肯
Especially Jefferson and Lincoln.
是啊
Right.
有点傲慢但很快乐
Kind of bloated but happy.
如果你能想像的话,-耶
If you know what I mean. – Yeah.
It was an honor just to sit there and inhale the same air…
坐在着吸着他刚吐出来的气息..
就是一种荣幸了
that she had so recently exhaled…
你知道 交换彼此间的空气
just to exchange the atmosphere between us, so to speak.
够了 他想干么呢
Look, what did she want?
他是否有提及..
Did she say anything about…
谁
Who?
那小姐啊
The lady.
喔 他是来问长老教会的教堂在哪
Oh. She was looking for the Presbyterian Church.
我就告诉他地点
Like a dope, I told her where it was.
就这样他离开我的生命
And out of my life she went, just as…
正如他闯进时同样迅速而激♥情♥
quickly and erotically as she had entered it.
你是不是吃腻了你现在的鲱鱼
Are you tired of your current herring?
他是否失去了某种你所期待的.
Has it lost that certain something that you expect…
腌鱼制品该有的风味
in a pickled fish product?
如果是的话 你该去试试简强生的东西
If so, maybe it’s time you try Jens Jenson.
他是用五大湖里的鲱鱼依照挪威传统做法作的
It’s the Lake Superior herring that’s made the old-fashioned Norwegian way.
麻烦谁能关小声点 好吗
C-can someone turn it down, please? Please?
是啊,简森鲱鱼是最好的
Yeah, Jenson Herring is the best
喔 简强生
Oh, Jens Jenson’s.
拜托,-直接叫谁吧
Please. – Ask for it by name.
如果杂货店里没有 问他为什么没进货
And if your grocer doesn’t stock it, ask him why not.
知道我想干嘛吗
You know what I’m gonna do?
我要把头发染成草莓金
I’m gonna color my hair strawberry blonde.
嘿
Hey.
我发誓 多年前我就该这样做的
I swear to God, I should have done it years ago.
在老妈过世的时候
I should have broke loose…
我就该离开这里去芝加哥
gone to Chicago when Mama died back then.
我早该这么做的
That’s what I should have done.
当你一旦延后了一些事情
You know, you put those things off.
就很难再有机会重来的
You seldom get around to them again.
嗯 你在写些什么
Hmm. What are you writin’?
诗
Poem.
喔 诗啊
Oh, a poem.
关于什么呢
What’s it about?
嗯 自杀
Heh. Suicide.
我的天啊
Oh, my God.
喔 好啊
Oh. OK.
你知道我的人生哲学的
Well, you know what my philosophy is.
我知道 所以别再告诉我了
Yes, I do, so don’t tell me.
我认为你对周遭的一切都该要感恩
I think that you gotta be grateful for everything that happens to you…
你才会有今天的 知道吗
because that’s what got you here, you know?
要不是你经历过这一切
And if you hadn’t gone through all the things that you went through…