Not even a bloody backpacker. Anyway, gotta get back to the sheep.
好的
Righto.
我们先把你安顿好吧?
Let’s get you situated, right?
嘿 别过去
Hey. Stop.
嗨 我是萝拉·艾瓦瑞兹
Hi. Hi. Lola Alvarez.
我对您的酒很感兴趣 沃恩女士
I am very excited about your wine, Ms. Vaughn.
既然美国进口商都是您亲自挑选的
And since you’re only considering American importers personally,
我觉得 创业女老板会惺惺相惜的…
I figured a self-made lady boss would appreciate another self-made lady boss–
-抱歉 黑兹尔 她是… -我还没说完
Sorry, Hazel. She’s– -Not done talking.
我的公♥司♥桑罗德进口公♥司♥
My company, Salud Imports,
是新成立的加州进口商…
is a newly established California importer–
我都没听过 有多新呢?
I’ve never heard of them. How new?
目前只有我一个人 而且我还在申请执照
So far, it’s only me. and I’m still in the process of getting licensed.
-需要几个月吧? -60天
Doesn’t that take months? – 60 days.
而且我可以保证 能进入世界名厨哈米什·金的酒单
And I can also guarantee placement with the world-famous chef Hamish King.
打断你一下 虽然有些突然
Whoa. Let me stop you right there.
但我很佩服你的勇气
Despite the ambush, I admire your moxie.
哈米什·金的名号♥很响亮
And Hamish King is an impressive name-drop,
所以我就直说了
so I’ll be just as straight with you in return.
你显然做过功课了
You’ve clearly done your research.
沃恩家族酒庄是我的宝贝
Vaughn Family Wines is my baby,
所以我绝对不可能交给新手进口商
so there is absolutely no way I will go with a first-time importer.
抱歉 你白跑一趟了
Sorry you wasted an airline flight.
既然你在这里 我有坏消息
Yeah, look, while I got ya, bad news.
打工仔今天辞职了
Jackaroo bailed on us today.
-现在是剪羊毛季节 -是啊 附近的牧场都是一样
It’s shearing season. – Yeah. Same as neighboring stations.
-大家都很缺人 -我可以的
Everyone’s shorthanded. -Well, I… I could do it.
可以做什么?
Could do what?
这份工作 需要做多久?几天吗?
The job. I mean, how long do you need someone? A few days?
大概两周 但你不行
About two weeks. Also, no.
为什么不行呢?我在这里 我很愿意 我可以当打工仔
Well, why not? I’m here and I’m willing. I can be your jackaroo.
应该叫打工妹
Yeah, nah. You’d, uh… you’d be a jillaroo.
还分性别呢 真可爱 怎样都行啦
Gendered terms. Cute. Whatever works.
听着 我们需要有牧场工作经验的人
Look, we need someone with real station experience,
不是爱彼迎的短租游客
not an Airbnb tourist.
听着 我大老远跑来 是想让沃恩女士知道我很努力
Look, I came all this way to show Ms. Vaughn I go the extra mile.
这就是我的努力
This is the extra mile.
我很勤奋的 我会全力以赴
I’m a hard worker. And I will hit the ground running,
我代理您的红酒时 也会这样的
just as I will when I’m working with your wine.
毕竟能多一双手
Well, a pair of hands is a pair of hands.
只要麦克斯同意
If Max here agrees.
他是牧场的老大 所以都听他的
He’s this station’s boss cocky, so what he says, goes.
你永远不用让我去树下醒酒的
You will never have to send me off to sober up under a tree.
我注意听了
I pay attention.
真不敢相信 事情会变成这样
I can’t believe it’s come to this.
看来你的运气很好
Looks like your lucky day.
因为我的休假 总是有没完没了的工作电♥话♥
And since my sabbatical always includes endless work calls,
所以麦克斯将负责培训你
Max here will be in charge of training you
从今天开始
starting today.
今天吗?
Today?
未来两周 我不能都用来照顾新手呀
No. I can’t spend the next two weeks babysitting some newbie.
繁忙的牧场生活就是这样
That’s busy farm life for you.
-是啊 可以让蒂姆做的 -我只信任你
Yeah, Tim can do it. -The person I trust is you.
希望你值得我费神
I hope you’re worth the trouble.
萝拉·艾瓦瑞兹 展示你的能力吧
Lola Alvarez, give us all you’ve got.
如果你能通过考验 我们就可以聊聊葡萄酒的事
If you pass muster at mustering, then we can talk wine.
成交
Deal.
谢谢
Thank you.
太好了
Yes.
那就开始吧
Might as well get started then.
-等等 现在吗? -时间不等人
Wait, like, right now? -No time like the present.
我不需要把包先放到小屋吗?
Well, I mean, Don’t I need to drop my bag off at the cottage first?
不用管了 也不住小屋了 工人们住在剪羊毛工人宿舍
Leave it. And no more cottage. Workers stay in the shearers’ quarters.
不能把包放在这里 被偷了怎么办?
Well, I… I mean, I can’t just leave my bag here. What if it gets stolen?
方圆200公里之内都没人家
We’re 200 kilometers away from anything.
谁会偷呢?
Who’s gonna steal it?
等等 什么?
Wait. What? Uh…
羊圈 剪毛棚
Sheep pens. Shearing shed.
饲养牲畜时 要确保它们的安全
When you’re running livestock, you wanna make sure they’re safe,
喂食喂水
fed, you know, watered.
关注生病和怀孕的情况
Keep up on diseases and pregnancies.
听起来周六晚上 这里会很疯狂呢
Sounds like things get pretty wild here on a Saturday night.
是的
Yeah.
在这个季节 我们每天要剪五百只羊
Uh, so, during the season, we shear about 500 sheep a day.
是哦 所以我要在这里工作喽
Ah. Okay. So that’s where the action happens.
行吧
Uh, yeah, nah.
你对养羊一无所知 那些工作是给有经验的人做的
You won’t be doing any sheep work. That’s for the experienced hands.
好吧 那我要做什么呢?
Okay. So, what will I be doing?
打杂 体力活 很艰苦的
Chores. Grunt work. Hard yakka.
嘿 是你主动要来的
Hey, you volunteered for it.
没有任何抱怨 我爱体力活
Not complaining. I love grunt work.
放马过来吧
Whoo! Bring it on.
那就好
That’s good to hear.
我们先从修理围栏开始吧
We’ll start you off with some fence mending.
我们这里有很多袋鼠 总是破坏围栏
We have kangaroos out here, constantly making holes.
袋鼠?蹦蹦跶跶有口袋的家伙吗? 我会有机会看到吗?
Kangaroos? Like, boing-boing ones with pouches? Will I get to see some?
那些“蹦蹦跶跶”的家伙会把你踢翻的
Yeah. That “boing-boing one” will kick you flat on your back.
那考拉呢?
What about koalas?
它们会挠你的
Uh, they scratch.
爪子有那么大
Huge claws, like this.
好失望哦
Oh. So disappointing.
你非要把我的幻想都戳破吗?
Do you have to burst every bubble?
也许吧
Maybe.
嘿 别啊 拉扎 别啊
Hey, don’t– Lazza, don’t.
拉扎 坚持住 -哦
Lazza, don’t keep– – Oh.
拉扎 不要现在抛弃我 拜托
Lazza, don’t quit on me here. Come on.
水箱坏了 我们得走回去了
Busted radiator. Gotta walk back.
等等 不能叫拖车吗?
Wait. Can’t you call a tow truck?
行吧 这里没有信♥号♥♥
Yeah, nah. There’s no reception out here.
太好了
Oh, great.
牧场生活就是这样不可预测
Station life is unpredictable.
俗话说 “跳上马鞍 就要准备好应付马背上的颠簸”
As they say, “If you jump in the saddle, be ready for the ride.”
-是牛仔说的吗? -是牧羊人说的 这里没有牛仔
Was that a cowboy wisdom quote? -Stockman. No cowboys here.
那打工仔是什么?
Then what’s a jackaroo?
严格来说就是牛仔 但现在用来称呼你这种新人
Well, it’s technically a cowboy, but it’s a term for newbies like you.
-你只有这种鞋吗? -我的及踝靴吗?
Are they all you got? -My ankle boots?
嗯
Uh, um…
-我还有运动鞋 -也不好
Oh, I have sneakers too. -Oh, that’s no good.
-人字拖呢? -这里都是崎岖山地
Flip-flops? -It’s rough land out here.
你需要穿工作靴来保护双脚
You’ll need Blunnies to protect your feet.
你连帽子都没戴
And you didn’t even bring a hat.
我本来只打算住两晚的
It was kinda supposed to be a two-night stay.
-是哦 -你们这里有商店吗?
Right. -You guys got a gift shop?
真有意思
That’s very funny.
-来吧 戴我的吧 -不用了
Here. Take mine. -Oh! No, no, no.
好吧
Okay. Oh, right.
好吧 谢谢你
Well, then, thank you.
这样挺好的 我没事
This is… This is fine. I’m fine.
一小时后 你就不那么说了
Well, you won’t be in an hour or so.
澳大利亚的太阳很毒的
Australian sun shows no mercy.
我们明天就开始培训
We’ll start back training tomorrow.
会很有趣的
This is gonna be fun.
干嘛?
What?
60天哈?
Sixty days, huh?
-申请葡萄酒进口商执照吗? -我注意听了
To get my wine importer’s license? – I pay attention.
呵呵
Huh.
黑兹尔不会选择 一家还不存在的公♥司♥的
Yeah. There’s no way Hazel’s gonna go for a company that doesn’t exist yet.
你知道这有多荒谬吧?
You do realize how absurd that is, right?
有时候必须冒险
Well, sometimes you have to take risks.
要相信自己
Believe in yourself.
你懂的 要玩就玩大的