There you are.
你回来了
How was your day? Any progress in saving the world?
你今天过得如何? 拯救世界的计划有进展吗?
I’m working on it.
还没什么进展
Wow. So I guess you changed your mind about tonight?
看来对于今晚的计划 你改变了主意?
Not really. Told you I didn’t want to miss it.
不全是 我只是不想错过
What happened with that dinner with the London people?
你不是今晚 要跟伦敦的客户吃饭吗?
You made it sound so unavoidable. It was.
你还说过一定要去 本来是
Fortunately, they missed their plane.
但是他们没赶上飞机
Here’s to steal moments.
让我们敬这个偷闲的时刻
You look so handsome, I better go see if I can catch up.
你看起来真好看 那我就只好想办法配上你
Nobody home?
没有人在吗?
I left some Security Council transcripts out,
真是的 我忘了拿安全委员会的文件
but everybody’s gone.
但是大家都走了
Anything earth-shattering?
有这么重要吗?
No, it’s just important enough not to be left out.
还好啦 我只是觉得应该带回来
You look incredible.
你看起来真美
Yeah, but we have to hurry.
是的 我们在赶时间
I prefer this one.
我觉得这一件比较好
Right.
没错
Can I have a picture, pIease?
我照张像就好?
This way. This way, please.
看这边 请看这边
This way, please. HoId it, one more.
看这边 再一张
There’s Andrew. Good to see him. Hi,how are you?
安德鲁在那里 很高兴见到他 鲁比安 你们好吗?
Steven,how are you? Nice to see you.
史蒂夫 你好吗? 很高兴见到你
Emily,you look wonderful.
艾米丽 你看起来真棒
Keep up the good work.
很高兴见到你
That’s Steven Taylor and his wife,Emily.
那是史蒂夫泰勒 和他太太艾米丽
Well,at last. The beautiful people have arrived.
这一对佳偶终于来了
Fantastic dress. Thank you.
这件礼服真漂亮 谢谢你
I didn’t expect to see you tonight,with Greenspan and all.
因为最近发生了金融风暴 我以为今晚你不会来
Why’s that? I thought you’d be up to your ass in alligators.
我为什么不会来? 你不是得处理生意上的问题吗
Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
拜托 那些关于我的传闻 都是夸大不实的
You can talk about the discussion with your mother.
你可以和你妈妈提一下 讨论小组的事
all I need is her phone number.
她只要说出 她的电♥话♥号♥码就可以
Absolutely. I must go see about something.
没问题 我有事先失陪了 我马上回来
Lovely. Thank you,darling.
谢谢 亲爱的
The temple’s hieroglyphics are supplications…
那座寺庙里的象形文字…
…to the gods of fertility.
…大部份都是向众神们祈求丰收
I do believe I know his work.
我想我了解他的作品
Perhaps we could come along to your studio one day. Have a Iook around.
或许我们可以找一天 到你的工作室去看一看
You said he wasn’t coming.
你不是说他不会来吗
He changed his mind. I tried to call you.
他忽然改变主意 我一直试着要通知你
What are we going to do?
我们现在该怎么办?
Nothing. Just relax.
什么都不做 放轻松
He doesn’t know who I am,right?
他不知道我是谁 对吧?
No.
没错
You’re a peach.
你就像个蜜桃一样
Lunch tomorrow?
明天一起吃午餐怎么样?
And tomorrow and tomorrow. Heh,heh.
然后明天 再明天
I leave you alone for 30 seconds and you elope with a younger man.
我才半分钟没看到你 你就准备跟别人私奔了
Steven,I’d like to introduce you to David Shaw.
史蒂夫 让我来介绍 这位是大卫萧
Nice to meet you. Nice to meet you.
很高兴认识你 很高兴认识你
David is a painter.
大卫是个画家
I saw some of his pieces downtown. I thought they were amazing.
我在市中心看到他几幅作品 他的作品很吸引我
What brings you uptown to our little inbred soire?
是什么风把你吹来的
Actually,Emily was kind enough to wrangIe me an invite.
事实上 是艾米丽邀请我来的
Me too. Heh,heh,heh.
我也是
So tell me about your work David?
跟我谈谈你的作品 你叫大卫 对吧
A couple small galleries carry me when there’s space.
是的 有几个画廊只要一有空位他们就会展示我的作品
You studied formally?
你之前在哪里进修
Berkeley,Cal Arts.
加州柏克莱大学主修艺术
Almost formally graduated too.
差一点毕业
Heh. Too much study pollutes the soul.
读太多书会污染灵魂
And he’s good you say? He’s wonderful.
你刚刚说过他很棒 对吧? 是的 他很有天分
I’d love to see your pieces. Maybe we can arrange a time.
我很想看看你的作品 或许我们可以挑个时间
Whenever you want. Emily has your number?
随时候教 艾米丽有你的电♥话♥号♥码吧?
No. The gallery can get hold of me. You know which one?
她没有 但是画廊可以找到我 你知道哪个画廊 对吧?
Oh,yes. Yes.
是的
If you’re as good as she says…
如果你像她说的那么好的话…
…I’ll be glad to pass the word on to my more acquisitive friends.
…我会帮你做宣传的
Thanks. That’s very generous.
谢谢你 你真是大方
Nice to meet you. You too.
很高兴认识你 我也是
Pleasure to see you.
很高兴见到你
Average yield for a one-year treasury bill rose to 5.28 last week.
一年制的债券从上个礼拜的 5.28升到5.2
We cannot be held accountable…
对于另一方的行为 我们概不负责…
…for the actions of others that require us to defend ourselves.
…这全是自卫 尤其是人口的流动 在违反人♥权♥方面
Madame Ambassador.
大使夫人
This the same speech he gave in Geneva three months ago, word for word.
这和三个月前他在日内瓦 所发表的演说一模一样
Showoff.
真会演戏
Ann,good morning,how are you? Fine,thank you.
早安 你好吗? 很好 谢谢你
Steven,spreads are blowing out.
史蒂夫 现在惨了
The way things look in Europe,it could turn into a bloodbath.
照欧洲市场情况看来 这次会跌的很惨
So what are we talking? At least 1 50 basis points.
到底会赔多少? 至少会跌150点
The Bundesbank will have to tag along.
德国国家银行会跟着走
Your yen and mark positions will get hammered.
所以你的日币和马克 会跌的很惨
So,what’s our exposure? Based on my preliminary trend model?
我们到底会赔多少? 根据我的计算吗?
Yes. No frills. Think Chernobyl.
是的 我要听实话 会血本无归
Greenpoint,next stop. Greenpoint.
下一站 格林区 要转车的旅客请到楼上
What you got there?
袋子里装什么?
It’s a little surprise.
一个小惊喜
Come on up.
上来吧
Here’s your fortune.
这是你的幸运签
“You have a deep interest in all that is artistic.”
你对艺术有极浓厚的兴趣
It’s true. You see.
看来是真的 你自己看吧
You didn’t have to get this for me.
你不需要买♥♥这个机器给我
You need a little civilizing. Mmhm.
你需要一点文明 是吗
What do you need?
那你需要什么?
What do you need?
那你需要什么
Hm?
什么?
You know,we couId be in Belize this time tomorrow.
你知道吗 明天此时 我们很可能在贝里斯
Belize. You ever been there?
贝里斯 你有去过吗?
No. You’d think you’d died and went to heaven.
没有 在那里你会欲♥仙♥欲♥死♥
But I already think that.
我现在就有这样的感觉
You look so pretty today.
你今天真漂亮
Hey,it’s David. Leave one. I’ll get back to you.
嗨 我是大卫 请留言 我会尽快回话
David,hi. It’s Steven Taylor. I finish early today.
嗨 我是史蒂夫泰勒 我今天会提早下班
I thought I might come by and check out your work.
我可不可以到你那儿 看看你的作品
Say about 6.
大概是六点钟吧
If that flies with you,call me at my office here at 5-4-4-1-8-1-7.
如果可以的话 麻烦请你打到我的办公室来 电♥话♥是5441817
I look forward to seeing you.
我会等你的电♥话♥
What are you going to do?
你准备怎么做?
I guess I’ll call him.
我想我会打给他
Be kind of weird if I didn’t,wouldn’t it?
如果不打的话 他会觉得很奇怪?
You’re playing with fire,David.
大卫 你在玩火
If you’re so upset about it,why’d you give him my number?
如果你觉得不好 那你为什么把我的电♥话♥给他?
I didn’t.
我没有给他
Mr. Taylor. Hi. Here,sit down.
泰勒先生吗 嗨 请坐
That was stupid. Sorry about that.
我真是笨手笨脚的 对不起
Thanks very much. Drink?
非常谢谢你 要喝一杯吗?
No,I’m okay. Unless you want another one.
不 谢了 除非你想再喝一杯 我不喝了
I just had us meet here because my place is hard to find.
我想先在这里见面 因为我住的地方很难找
Like an illegal loft space? That’s one way to put it.
你住在违章建筑里吗? 你可以这么说
I feel like I’m knee-deep in bohemian cachet.
艺术家都是这样 对吧
Lead on.
带我去吧
How’s Emily? She’s fine,thank you.
艾米丽好吗? 她很好 谢谢你
Well,be sure and say “hi.” I will.
帮我问候她 我会的
One more. One more floor. Building’s over 1 00 years old now.
还要再上去一层楼 这栋建筑已经有百年历史
Watch your step.
小心点
I can certainly see what Emily was drawn to.
我现在知道为什么 艾米丽会喜欢你的作品
Yeah? What’s that?
为什么?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!