I think we better get indoors.
我想我们最好到室内去
The Sandpeople are easily startled…
沙人很容易被吓跑…
but they’ll soon be back,and in greater numbers.
但是他们很快就会回来 而且数量更多
Where am I? I must have taken a bad step.
我在哪里? 我刚才一定是踏错地方了
Can you stand?
你能站起来吗
We’ve got to get out of here before the Sandpeople return.
我们必须在沙人回来之前离开这里
I don’t think I can make it. You go on,Master Luke.
我想我不行的 你走吧 卢克主人
There’s no sense in you risking yourself on my account.
你不能为了我威胁到自己的安全
I’m done for.
我真是不中用
No,you’re not.
不 你不是的
What kind of talk is that?
说这个算什么?
Quickly. They’re on the move.
快点 他们就快来了
No,my father didn’t fight in the wars.
不 我的父亲没有打过仗
He was a navigator on a spice freighter.
他是香料货船的领航员
That’s what your uncle told you.
这是你叔叔告诉你的
He didn’t hold with your father’s ideals.
他不赞同你父亲的理想
Thought he should have stayed here and not gotten involved.
他想呆在这里与世无争
You fought in the Clone Wars?
你曾经参与过克隆人战争?
Yes. I was once a Jedi knight…
是的 我曾是一名绝地武士…
the same as your father.
和你的父亲一样
I wish I’d known him.
我真希望能够了解他
He was the best starpilot in the galaxy…
他曾是银河中最好的星际飞行员…
and a cunning warrior.
是一名睿智的战士
I understand you’ve become quite a good pilot yourself.
我能理解你为什么天生就是一名优秀的飞行员
And he was a good friend.
他也曾是我的好朋友
Which reminds me…
这提醒了我
I have something here foryou.
有些东西要给你
Your father wanted you to have this…
你的父亲要我把这个给你…
when you were old enough…
当你长大了的时候…
but your uncle wouldn’t allow it.
但是你的叔叔是不会允许的
He feared you might follow old Obi-Wan…
他害怕你跟随老欧比王…
on some damn-fool idealistic crusade…
投身那些愚蠢的理想化的正义运动…
Iike your father did.
就像你的父亲一样
Sir,ifyou’ll not be needing me…
先生 如果你暂时不需要我
I’ll close down for a while.
我先关闭一会
Sure. Go ahead.
好 没问题
What is it?
这是什么?
It’s your father’s lightsabre.
这是你父亲的光剑
This is the weapon of a Jedi knight.
这是绝地武士的武器
Not as clumsy or random as a blaster.
不像激光枪那样的笨重和不稳定
An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.
是文明时代中的一种优雅的武器
For over a thousand generations…
绝地武士在旧的共和国中
the Jedi knights were the guardians…
是和平与公正的卫士
of peace and justice in the old Republic…
这持续了几千代人
before the dark times…
直到黑暗时代的到来…
before the Empire.
直到帝国的诞生
How did my father die?
我的父亲是怎么死的
Ayoung Jedi named Darth Vader…
一个年轻的名叫达斯·维德的绝地武士
who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil…
在他投身黑暗势力之前是我的学生
helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi knights.
帮助帝国追捕猎杀绝地武士
He betrayed and murdered your father.
他背叛了你的父亲 并且谋杀了他
Now the Jedi are all but extinct.
现在绝地武士几乎灭绝
Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force.
维德被原力的黑暗的一面所引诱
The Force?
原力?
The Force is what gives a Jedi his power.
原力是绝地武士力量的源泉
It’s an energy field created by all living things.
是一种力场 由所有的所有的生物所产生
It surrounds us,penetrates us…
它包围的我们 穿透着我们…
it binds the galaxy together.
他让银河紧密地联♥系♥在一起
Now let’s see ifwe can’t figure out what you are,my little friend…
现在让我们看看你是怎么一回事 小朋友
and where you come from.
你从哪里来
I saw part of a message he was…
我看过部分信息…
I seem to have found it.
我应该已经找到了
General Kenobi,years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars.
肯诺比将军 多年前在克隆人战争中 你曾为我的父亲效力
Now he begs you to help him…
现在 他祈求你的帮助
in his struggle against the Empire.
以对付帝国
I regret that I am unable to present my father’s request to you in person.
我很抱歉我无法亲自向你呈上我父亲的请求
But my ship has fallen under attack…
我的飞船正在遭受攻击…
and I am afraid my mission to bring you to Alderaan has failed.
我怕把你带到阿尔德兰了计划要失败了
I have placed information vital to the survival of the rebellion…
我把对于反抗军的生死存亡 至关重要的信息
into the memory systems of this R2 unit.
存在了这个R2机器人的内存里
My father will know how to retrieve it.
我的父亲会知道怎么复原的
You must see this droid…
你一定要把这个机器人…
safely delivered to him on Alderaan.
安全的送到阿尔德兰
This is our most desperate hour.
这是我们最绝望的时刻
Help me,Obi-Wan Kenobi. You’re my only hope.
帮帮我 欧比王·肯诺比 你是我唯一的希望
You must learn the ways of the Force…
你必须要学学使用原力的方法
ifyou’re to come with me to Alderaan.
如果你和我去阿尔德兰的话
Alderaan? I’m not going to Alderaan.
阿尔德兰? 我不去阿尔德兰
I’ve got to get home.
我要回家
It’s late. I’m in for it as it is.
很晚了 我只能做这么多了
I need your help,Luke. She needs your help.
我需要你的帮助 卢克 她也需要你的帮助
I’m getting too old for this sort of thing.
对于这种事情来说我已经老了
I can’t get involved.
我不该卷入的
I’ve got work to do.
我还有工作要做
It’s not that I like the Empire. I hate it…
不是我说喜欢帝国 我憎恨它
but there’s nothing I can do about it right now.
但是我现在什么都做不了
It’s all such a long way from here.
而且到那里有很远的一段路
That’s your uncle talking.
这是你叔叔的口气
My uncle.
我的叔叔
How am I ever gonna explain this?
我该怎么解释这个?
Learn about the Force,Luke.
学习使用原力吧 卢克
Look,I can take you as far as Anchorhead.
最远我可以把你送到安克海德
You can get a transport there to Mos Eisley or whereveryou’re going.
在那你可以乘运输机去莫斯埃斯利或者其他任何地方
You must do what you feel is right,of course.
当然 你必须做你认为对的事情
Until this battle station is fully operational…
在这个武装空间站正常工作以前
we are vulnerable.
我们都是非常脆弱的
The Rebel Alliance is too well equipped.
叛军联盟的武器非常的精良
They’re more dangerous than you realize.
他们比你们想象的更危险
Dangerous to your starfleet,Commander…
对你的舰队来说是危险的 指挥官
not to this battle station.
对这个武装空间站来说可算不上什么
The rebellion will continue to gain support in the Imperial Senate…
叛军会继续从帝国参议院那里获取支持…
The Imperial Senate will no longer be of any concern to us.
我们再也不用去理会什么帝国参议院了
I have just received word…
我刚刚收到的消息
that the emperor has dissolved the council permanently.
陛下已经永久的解除了议会
The last remnants of the old Republic…
旧共和国的最后一点残余…
have been swept away.
终于被扫除了
That’s impossible.
这不可能
How will the emperor maintain control without the bureaucracy?
陛下没有官僚机构怎么统治整个帝国
The regional governors now have direct control over their territories.
地方统治者对所管辖的区域有直接控制权
Fear will keep the local systems in line…
恐惧 将使地方星系秩序井然…
fear of this battle station.
对于这个武装空间站的恐惧
And what of the rebellion?
那么叛军怎么办?
If the rebels have obtained…
如果叛军获取了
a complete technical readout of this station…
这个空间站全面的技术信息
it is possible,however unlikely…
很有可能性 虽然不太可能成功
that they might find a weakness and exploit it.
他们找到这里的一个弱点然后进行利用它
The plans you refer to will soon be back in our hands.
你所提到的这个设计图 很快就将落入我们的手中
Any attack made by the rebels against this station…
叛军对于这个空间站任何的攻击…
would be a useless gesture…
都将是毫无意义的行动…
no matter what technical data they’ve obtained.
无论他们获取到什么技术信息
This station is now the ultimate power in the universe.
这个空间站现在是宇宙中的终极力量
I suggest we use it.
我建议我们利用它
Don’t be too proud of this technological terror you’ve constructed.
不要为你建造的这个玩意感到过分的骄傲
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant…
摧毁一个行星的能力
next to the power of the Force.
和原力比起来实在是不算什么
Don’t try to frighten us with your sorcerer’s ways,Lord Vader.
不要试图用你的巫师技巧来吓唬我 维德勋爵
Your sad devotion to that ancient religion…
你对于那个古老的信仰的忠诚…
hasn’t helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes…
没能帮你召唤回丢失的磁带…
or given you clairvoyance enough…
也没有给你足够的洞察力…
to find the rebels’ hidden fortre…
去发现叛军的秘密基地…