Isn’t that right?
告诉我
Now tell me.
为什么每次我回头
Why is it that every time I turn around,
你都在看着我
you’re there looking at me?
有点奇怪 你不觉得吗
Getting a bit odd, don’t you think?
对不起 下手有点重了
Sorry, that was a bit harsh.
今天你的人生不太美好啊 对吧
Life isn’t really going your way today, is it?
我要去别人家里
I have a house to show.
你一个人在这 等你♥爸♥爸过来没问题吧
I’m trusting you here alone until your father shows up.
我不是五岁孩子了
I’m not five years old.
这才是正确的时间
This is the correct time.
不是手♥机♥或者电脑上的时间
Not the one on your phone, or on the computer,
更不是新闻的时间
not even on the news.
那是我妈妈 你太婆的东西
That was my mother’s, your great-grandmother’s.
一百多年了 都准时准点
Perfect time keeping for over a hundred years.
康纳 捡好你的帆布背包
Conor, pick up your rucksack!
我不想让你父亲觉得
I don’t want your father
我把你养在猪圈里
to think I’m keeping you in a pigsty.
可能性不大
Not much chance of that.
当你去医院时
Now, when you go to the hospital,
你的爸爸可能不会注意到
your father may not notice
你妈妈有多累 知道吗
how tired you mum’s getting, okay?
所以我们要确保他不会待太久
So we have to make sure that he does not overstay his welcome.
并不是说他一直有这个问题
Not that that’s historically been a problem.
别吃蛋了 你这周已经吃了两次
No eggs. You already had eggs twice this week.
如果你饿了
If you get hungry,
冰箱里还有菠菜 你可以蒸着吃
there is spinach in the fridge you can steam.
好的
Yeah, sure.
别碰任何东西
Don’t touch anything.
我肯定不会乱碰的
I will do my very best not to.
找到啦
Get in!
爸爸
Dad.
你好吗 康 你看起来很疲惫
How you doing, Con? You look tired.
我没事
I’m fine.
妈妈在用新药 这会让她好起来
Mum’s on this new medicine. It will make her better.
她每两周去一次医院
She goes to the hospital once every two weeks
他们把药物输进她的血管
and they pump the medicine into her bloodstream.
接下来两天她会不舒服 但又会好起来
She’s sick for the next few days, but she’s better again.
– 你妹妹还不错 – 同父异母的妹妹
– Your sister is doing better. – Half-sister.
没错
Yeah.
我还是希望你见见她
I’d still love you to meet her.
我一直在和你外婆讨论
I’ve been talking with your grandmother about
带你去洛杉矶
bringing you out to L.A..
– 你想让我去洛杉矶 – 当然了
– You want me to come to L.A.? – Yeah, absolutely.
– 你愿意去的 对吧 – 没错
– You’d like that, wouldn’t you? – Yeah.
我们在想 过了圣诞
We were thinking over Christmas,
你就能及时回来上课
that way you can be back here in time for school.
所以只是过去看看
So you mean just for a visit, then?
没错 但会很棒的
Yeah, but it would be great.
我不想和外婆一起住
I don’t want to live with grandma.
那是栋老女人的屋子 都是老女人的东西
It’s an old lady’s house, with old ladies’ things.
不能碰任何东西 也不能随便坐
You can’t touch anything or sit anywhere.
东西一会儿都不能弄乱
You can’t leave a mess for two seconds.
康纳 我知道 但是…
Conor, I know, but…
我想住自己的家 有自己的房♥间和自己的东西
I want to have my own room in my my own house with my own things.
你在美国也没有这样的条件 康纳
Well, you wouldn’t have that in America, Conor.
容下我们三个已经很勉强了
There is barely enough room for the three of us.
– 我不在乎 – 康纳 听着…
– I don’t care. – Conor, listen…
她太严格了
She’s so strict.
你的家庭 人生和朋友…
Your family, your life, your friends…
– 她的房♥子就像间博物馆 – 你的学校
– Her house is like a museum. – Your school,
都在这里 好吗
all of it is here, okay?
带你离开这太不公平了
It would be unfair to take you out of it.
– 对谁不公平 – 康纳
– Unfair to whom? – Conor.
你的外婆似乎还没回家
Doesn’t look like your grandma’s home yet.
有时候我睡觉了 她还会去医院
She sometimes goes back to the hospital after I go to bed.
护士让她睡在椅子上
The nurses let her sleep in a chair.
嘿 你的外婆只是不喜欢我
Hey, just because your grandma doesn’t like me,
不代表她是坏人
doesn’t make her a bad person.
她说你总是有始无终
She says you’re all start and no finish.
她有权发表自己的观点
Well, she is entitled to her own opinion.
你来这多久
How long are you here for?
尽量久一点
As long as I can be.
那是什么意思
What does that mean?
我们没有很多钱
We don’t have a lot of money
美国人也没什么假期
and Americans don’t get a lot of holiday.
– 你不是美国人 – 不 但我住在那
– You’re not American. – No, but I live there now.
有必要的话 我还会回来的
I’ll come back whenever I need to.
你要和我去洛杉矶过圣诞
And you’re gonna come to L.A. for Christmas.
你那小房♥子也没我的地方
In your cramped house, where there is no room for me.
康纳
Conor.
你为什么要来
Why did you come?
康纳 等等
Conor, wait.
康纳 我明天再来 好吗
Conor, I’ll see you tomorrow, yeah?
还有很多时间
There’s still loads of time.
你搞得这种小破坏太可怜了
As destruction goes, that was remarkably pitiful.
我要告诉你第二个故事
Now, I’ve come to tell you the second tale.
和上一个一样糟糕吗
Is this as bad as the last one?
你要这么问的话 这个故事以彻底的灾难结尾
It ends with proper destruction, if that’s what you mean.
是一个自私男人的故事
It’s about a man who thought only of himself,
一个本该大方的吝啬男人
a man who wasn’t as generous as he should have been.
以及一个被严惩了的男人
A man who gets punished very badly indeed.
可故事都是假的
Stories aren’t real, though.
没有任何用
They don’t help anything.
故事是野生动物 康纳·奥莫利
Stories are wild creatures, Conor O’Malley.
你让他们随心所欲
When you let them loose,
谁知道会造成什么灾难
who knows what havoc they might reek?
没错
Oh, yes.
好吧
Okay.
继续吧
Go on then.
很好
Good.
– 什么 – 那一晚我走了
– What? – And that night I came walking.
很好 他受到了应有的惩罚
Good. He deserves all the punishment he gets.
没错 午夜一过…
Indeed. It was shortly after midnight…
我就把牧师的房♥子掀翻了
that I tore the parson’s house from its very foundations.
牧师 你在说什么
The parson? What are you talking about?
那个药师才坏
The apothecary is the evil one.
他是贪婪和无礼
He was greedy and rude,
但至少救死扶伤
but he was still a healer.
牧师呢 他什么样
The parson, what was he?
一个丧失了信仰的信仰之人
A man of faith without faith.
信仰是治愈的一半
Belief is half of all healing.
相信治疗
Belief in the cure,
相信等着你的未来
belief in the future that awaits.
你的信仰是无价的
Your belief is valuable,
你必须谨慎信仰什么
so you must be careful where you put it
信仰谁
and in whom.
告诉我 康纳·奥莫利
Tell me, Conor O’Malley,
下一个我该摧毁什么
what shall I destroy next?
什么
What?
我能保证 这是非常令人满足的事情
It is most satisfying, I can assure you.
快告诉我 我该摧毁什么
Come on, tell me. What should I destroy?
砸碎烟囱
Snap the chimney?
烟囱
The chimney.
下一个
Next?
扔了他们的床
Throw away their beds.
砸了家具
Smash the furniture.
打碎窗户
Break the windows.
窗户
Windows.
你自己来砸
Break them yourself.
来吧

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!