妈妈带去照顾了
Mom took them.
他们一定把妳爸吓坏了
They must be terrorizing your dad. – Yeah.
是的,但愿如此
I hope so.
西伯利亚怎麽样?
How is Siberia?
你说什麽?
What-what are you saying?
我只是说妳好吗
Oh, just, “Hi. How are you?”
是他吗?
是的
Wait, is that him?
妳能让他听电♥话♥吗?
Yeah.
等等
Can you put him on the phone? – Hold on.
你想跟爸爸说话吗?
Do you want to talk to your dad?
–他在听电♥话♥吗?
Is he on the phone?
–是的 说吧
Yeah.Go ahead. – Hi.
安东尼奥
Hi, Antonio.
你好吗?
How are you, buddy?
你有照顾妈妈吗?
Are you taking care of your mom, canijo?
你必须照顾她,好吗?
You have to take care of her, okay?
她很坚强
She’s tough.
她是个坚强的人 所以我们必须保护她
She’s a tough one, but that’s why we have to protect her.
她为我们做了很多牺牲
She makes a lot of sacrifices for us.
我非常爱她
I love her very much.
我也爱你,好吗?
And I love you, too, okay?
我一直在想…
I’ve been thinking.
想什麽?
Yeah?
我觉得你不应该邮寄申请书
I don’t think you should mail in this application.
美国太空总署
斯德高先生?
Mr. Sturckow.
–斯德科 –斯德科先生
Sturckow.
–是 –荷西赫南德兹
S-Sturckow. Mr. Sturckow. – Yeah.
荷西赫南德兹
I’m José Hernández.
是的
José Hernández. – Yes, sir.
你来这裡做什麽?
What are you doing here?
我决定今年亲自递交申请书
Uh, well, I-I, um, I-I decided to personally bring in my application this year.
–你从哪裡飞来的? –加州斯托克顿
Where’d you fly in from? – Uh, Stockton, California, sir.
你可以邮寄过来 – 我可以
You could’ve just mailed it. – I… Yeah.
但我想跟你碰面,
I-I could’ve, but, uh, I-I wanted to-to meet you
亲手把它交给你
and hand it to you personally.
好吧,赫南德兹
All right, Hernández.
这将是你第11次提出申请
This is gonna be your 11th attempt?
我很欣赏你的毅力
And I appreciate your persistence,
也谢谢你过来一趟
and I thank you for coming all the way down here,
但你可以省下机票钱…
but I really wish you’d have saved yourself the airfare… – Sir, sir.
先生,我可以说句话吗?
Sir, sir, if I may, if I may.
这是我迄今最有力的申请
This is my strongest application yet.
而且这是第12次,不是第11次
And this would be my… my 12th attempt, not my 11th.
好,说来听听
Okay. Let’s hear it.
–什麽意思? –哪裡不一样了?
I’m sorry, sir? – What’s changed?
这次有什麽不同?
What’s different this time? – I…
过去十年来
Over the course of the last ten years, uh,
我所做的每一个学术、职业 和个人决策 都是以太空计画为主要考量
every academic, professional and personal decision I’ve made,I’ve made with the space program in mind.
–当然 – 我拥有电机工程硕士学位
Sure. – I have my master’s in electrical engineering.
我现在
I, uh…
是一名飞行员 总飞行时数超过800小时
I’m a pilot now with over 800 hours under my belt.
我有水肺潜水证书
I have my scuba diving certificate.
我刚跑完旧金山马拉松
I just ran the San Francisco Marathon. – Wow.
而且我会说俄语
And I speak Russian, sir.
事实上,我自愿去西伯利亚
I… I-I… In fact, I volunteered to travel to Siberia
参与美国能源部的透明度计画
as part of the transparency program for the U.S. Department of Energy.
我是一个父亲
I’m the father of…
有五个最完美的孩子
…five most perfect children
还有一个最棒的妻子
and the husband of, uh, the most incredible wife,
如果我今天不来 她就威胁要离开我
who threatened to leave me if I didn’t come here today.
我申请了12次,是的 每次遭到拒绝,
Um, I’ve applied 12 times, and, yes, sir, I’ve-I’ve been on the verge of giving up
我都差一点放弃 但我…
after each and every rejection, but you know what, sir?
还是来了
Here I am.
你可以再拒绝我一次
So you can turn me down again,
但一年后我还是会站在这裡
but rest assured, I’ll be standing here again in a year.
好的,赫南德兹先生
All right, Mr. Hernández.
–谢谢你 –一路顺风
Thank you, sir.
Travel safe.
不准作弊!
No cheating!
你对蝴蝶了解多少?
What do you know about butterflies?
你知道牠们只有一克重吗?
Did you know that they just weigh a single gram?
–你不知道? –不知道
Didn’t you know? – No, no, no.
大自然真的很奇妙
Nature is truly a wonder.
把盘子拿过来,亲爱的
Bring the plates, mija.
还有餐巾纸
Please.And also the napkins.
这是牠们生存的方式
That’s how they survive.
所以我们都是蝴蝶
So, all of us are butterflies.
我们不是蚱蜢
We are not grasshoppers.
你不能这样作弊,兄弟。
You can’t be cheating like that, bro.
伙计,你错过了。
Dude, you missed it, man.
贝托!你女儿在这
Hey, Beto, your daughter is here.
注意你的用词
Language.
卡琳娜…
Hey, Karina. Hey, Karina.
呀,你个动物。
Oy, you animal.
给我就行了,谢谢,祝今天愉快
Hi! I got it, I got it.Thank you. Have a nice day.
生日快乐,胡里奥
Happy birthday, Julio
荷西!
José!
我上了
I got in.
不会吧
No.
我上了
I got in.
他是我兄弟!
He’s my brother!
–我会想妳的 我不能收–你可以
I can’t, I can’t accept that.
–我知道你想要 –我不能收
I can’t.
收下吧,那是礼物
Just take it.It’s a gift.
–收下吧
Just take it.
–不行
I can’t, I can’t, man.
我不能收 – 好,这边…
No. I can’t. – All right, here, here, here.
–收下吧 –我不能收
Just take it. – I can’t accept that, man.
–收下就是了 –不行
Dude, just take it. – I-I can’t. No.
–快点 –我不能收,住手
All right. Hey. – I can’t… Stop.
好了,贝托。
All right, Beto.
好好享受
All right. Enjoy, yeah?
表哥
Hey, cousin.
你确定吗?
Are you sure, bro?
是的
Yeah.
去吧,
Go.
回头见
I’ll see you later.
德尔加多搬家公♥司♥
别管卡车,来帮助我们吧!
Leave the truck alone and come help us!
帮我整理一下桌子…
Help me with the table…
美国太空总署 詹森太空中心
好
Okay.
你应该知道这个计画
You should know that the program
会给家人带来很大的负担
will be especially taxing on your families.
他们将为你做出的牺牲
The sacrifices they’re about to make on your behalf
超越你或他们能够想像的范围
go beyond anything that you or they can imagine.
同时你也要明白这并不保证
It’s also important that you understand this does not in any way guarantee
你会被选中参加太空任务
you’ll be selected for a space mission.
机会仍然很淼茫
Still a long shot.
大多数候选人无法通过完整培训
And most candidates don’t make it through the full training.
亲爱的,妳要付我们小费
You have to tip us, cousin.
好
Yeah, yeah. – Oh, yeah, yeah.
但重要的是你不要忘记
But at the same time, it’s important you not lose sight
你是从上万人中被选出来的
that you’ve been chosen from tens of thousands.
如果我们选了你
因为你是地球上极少数
If we want you here, it’s because you’re one of the very few
具有高度技能的杰出人选之一
highly skilled, extraordinary people on this planet
我们认为你有能力将火箭送入太空
that we deem capable of flying a rocket into space.
今天是你漫长旅程的第一天
Today’s the first day in a long journey for you.
它将改变你,超出你能想像的程度
It’s gonna change you more than you thought possible.
它将永远改变你
It’s gonna change you forever.