♪ Smile now, cry later ♪
♪ For you… ♪
她对餐厅的事非常投入
She’s so fixated on this restaurant thing, you know,
而且她的反应太大了
and she went too far.
这只是提出申请而已
Mm. – They’re only applications.
也许她只是想知道你的事
Maybe she just wants to be in the loop, man.
你有一个美好的家庭,爱你且容忍♥你
You got a beautiful family that loves you and put up with your crap.
你还想要什麽?
What more do you want, man?
你做到了
You made it.
不是因为你抛弃雪佛兰羚羊
It’s not because you ditched El Impala.
又提羚羊?
Again with the Impala, huh?
太空是怎麽一回事?
Yeah, what’s the deal with space?
我不知道
I don’t know.
也许我只是想跟俗世保持距离
Maybe I just want to keep my hands off the ground.
告诉我一件事
Tell me something.
有谁比移♥民♥更合适?
Who better than a migrant?
他们知道跳入
Somebody that knows what it’s like
未知世界是什麽感觉
to dive into the unknown.
有谁更合适
Who better than that…
大胆离开这个星球?
…to dare leave this planet, man?
心怀感激
Be grateful.
回家吧
Go home.
小黛,对不起
Adelita.I’m sorry, okay?
这个太空的梦想…有多大?
How big is this…space idea?
那很愚蠢
Hey, it’s silly.
荷西
José.
它有多大?
How big is it?
我无时无刻都想着它
I think about it every day.Every hour.
我无法放下这个梦想
I can’t stop thinking about it.
我不想成为一个毫无知觉
I refuse to be the oblivious,
不停烦恼和抱怨的妻子
permanently annoyed, whining wife.
–所以别让我成为那种人
So don’t put me there.
–是的
Yeah.
我很认真对待你
I take you seriously.
你是一名工程师
You’re an engineer.
出色的工程师
A good one.
你在利夫莫尔做很棒的事
You’re doing great things at Livermore.
我非常以你为荣
And I am so…
so proud of you.
我认为申请太空计画并不愚蠢
I don’t think it’s stupid to apply to NASA.
我要问你一个问题
I’m going to ask you a question,
请你诚实地回答我,好吗?
and I want you to give me an honest answer, okay?
好
Okay.
过去六年被选进该计画的人
Those people who got into the program the last six years…
他们有什麽是你没有的?
…what do they have that you don’t?
他们大多是白人
I mean, they’re mostly Caucasian.
他们拥有我没有的技能
They have skills that I don’t have.
但培训技能需要一笔钱
But training for those skills, I mean, it takes money.
别管那个,我们有存款
Forget about that. We have savings.
他们有什麽是你没有的?
What do they have that you don’t have?
上一批是从12962名申请者中 选出来的
Well, the last batch of candidates were chosen from 12,962 applicants.
有些来自军队,有些有博士学位
Now, some are from the military. Some hold PhDs.
还有科学家、工程师、
They’re scientists, engineers.
我是说,有一些老师。
I mean, there’s some teachers.
也有飞行员,很多飞行员
Oh, and there’s-there’s, you know, pilots, lots and lots of pilots.
很出色的飞行员
Uh, really good ones, too.
给钱!
Money!
好,我们开始吧
A’ight, man, let’s do this.
这样是上升,这样是下降
This is up.
托诺斯
This is down.
他们在高♥强♥度运动中非常成功
And, you know, they have success in high-performance hobbies
比如跑步、游泳 铁人三项、网球、举重
like running, swimming, triathlon, uh, tennis, weightlifting.
有些人就是彻底的运动员
Some of them are just, like, outright athletes.
其中一个是深海潜水员 潜水次数超过700次
One of the guys is a deep-sea diver who’s logged more than 700 dives.
所以潜水是关键
So diving is key, you know?
美国邮政
1994年8月20日
亲爱的申请者 我们很遗憾地通知您…
这叫中年危机
Talk about a midlife crisis.
另一项技能是 他们会说中文、法文、德文
And then the other skill is, you know, they speak Chinese, French, German.
–当然最重要的是…
But of course, the most important one is…
–他们是白人
They’re white.
不是
No.
关于那个俄♥罗♥斯♥计画
About that Russian program.
不是,他们说俄语
No, no, they speak Russian.
我感觉像个漂浮的飞船,
I feel like a drifting zeppelin.
胡里奥 – 不…
Julio. – No, no, no.
别笑我
Don’t laugh at me.
卡琳娜
Oh, Karina.
卡琳娜
Karina. Karina.
亲爱的申请者 我们很遗憾地通知您…未被选上
非常符合资格…
美国太空总署
我们很遗憾地通知您…
您没有入选…
工程师
美国太空总署
胡里奥,吃早餐了
Julio. Breakfast!
妈
Mom!
爸爸在哪?
Where is Papa?
好
Okay.
爸爸在哪?
Where is Papa?
向右转到310度航向 下降到5000英尺
Turn right to course three-one-zero and descend to 5,000 feet.
他们花了很多年的时间才习得技能
It’s taken them years to get where they are,
他们可能全部都很擅长
但不能保证会被选上
and they could be good at all those things, but there’s no guarantee.
你知道我们还在地面上吧?
You know we’re still on the ground, right?
等你准备好时就能起飞
You’ll be up when you’re ready.
所以我可以变得更好,
So, I can get good
不断进步
and get better
变得更加出色
and then get even better
但还是…
and still…
被拒绝
get rejected.
我认为你应该去做
I think you should do it.
但是餐厅会怎麽样?
But what’s going to happen with the restaurant?
你用西班牙文说是为了缓和气氛?
Are you saying that in Spanish to make it easier?
有效吗?
Is it working?
没有
No.
但我们会花光所有积蓄
I mean, but we’re gonna spend every penny.
我们从小到大 看到我们的人♥民♥做出牺牲
We grew up watching our people make sacrifices.
现在轮到我们了
It’s on us now.
我来了,宝贝
I’m coming, baby.
你知道你必须去俄♥罗♥斯♥
You know you’re gonna have to go to Russia.
那裡很冷
That’s cold.
1999年
要诀三 制定路线图
317航♥班♥,飞往莫斯科
Flight 317 service to Moscow.
请为客舱做好起飞准备
Prepare cabin for departure.
237号♥航♥班♥正在进场,一旦它抵达
We have two-three-seven inbound,
我们会继续执行飞行程序和计画
at which point we’ll continue our flight protocol and program.
等待地勤协调员准许起飞
Stand by for clearance from our land coordinator.
随着浓缩铀透明度
As the Enriched Uranium Transparency Program
计画的启动
gets underway,
我们欢迎美国志愿者 荷西赫南德兹的加入
we welcome American volunteer José Hernández.
他将与我们共度接下来的六个月
He will be staying with us for the next six months.
对不起,我应该在那裡陪妳的
Hey, I’m sorry. I-I feel…
–感觉糟透了 –我知道
I should’ve been there. This… this sucks.
我们知道会很糟
I know.But we knew this would suck.
我只是觉得…
I just… I feel…
荷西,当时很快
José, it was quick.
我开始阵痛后就打电♥话♥给妈妈
I started having contractions and called Mom.
我差点来不及赶到医院
I barely made it to the hospital.
我应该开车送妳去医院的
Now, I should’ve drove you to the hospital.
宝宝想出来就出来了,
Babies come when they come.
就是这样
That’s how it is.
是的
yeah.
孩子们好吗?
How are the kids?
他们很好,
They’re fine.