是吗?
Yeah?
从上面看一切都很漂亮
Everything looks so pretty from up there.
彷彿整个地方都很神圣
It’s as though the whole place is sacred.
大气层看起来像彩色的丝带绕着地球
The atmosphere looks like ribbons of different colors hugging the Earth.
地球看起来好脆弱
And it looks so fragile.
这麽小的星球却如此热闹
Such a small planet with so much going on.
我们以为我们掌控着一切
We think we control everything.
我们的生活、我们的梦想
Our lives, our dreams.
我们疲惫不堪、我们做出牺牲
We get exhausted. We make sacrifices.
我们认为这在于我们有多渴望
We think it’s about wanting it hard enough.
但生命充满神祕
But life is mysterious, you know?
不过有一个关键
Here’s the thing, though.
一旦启动点火程序 我们只能依靠彼此
Once that ignition sequence starts,we only have each other.
这很重要
That matters.
你今天学到的东西很重要
What you learned today matters.
我要回太空了
I’m going back up.
你眼前是即将进行STS-107 太空任务的任务专家
You’re looking at the mission specialist for the upcoming STS-107 flight.
–恭喜妳 –谢谢
Con-Congratulations. – Thanks.
–恭喜
Congratulations.
–谢谢 – 哇
Thanks. – Wow.
你知道像你或我这样的人 参与这次任务有多重要吗?
Do you know how important it is that someone like you or I jump on this ride?
我也必须非常努力
I, too, had to work so hard.
坚韧不拔是一种超能力
Tenacity is a superpower.
你们会上下颠倒没入水中 而且没有氧气
You’re gonna be submerged upside down without oxygen.
2003年
不要迷失方向,记得要团队合作
Don’t become disoriented, and remember to work as a team.
要诀四 如果不知道怎麽做,那就学习
降落艇进入水中
Helo Dunker down.
想像穿过你家,但一切上下颠倒
Imagine going through your house and everything’s upside down.
到底部才能解开安全带
Remain buckled in until you hit bottom.
安全潜水员只是预防措施
The safety divers, they’re only there as a precaution.
我希望你和你的队友 在没有他们的帮助下安全离开
I expect you and your teammates to safely exit without their assistance.
你们必须全队一起离开 才能成功完成训练
You must exit as a team to successfully complete the training.
不,等等
No, hold off.
只要有潜水员的帮忙
Any assistance from the divers will disqualify you.
就会让你失去资格
Are we clear to extract them?
把他们弄出来,快
长官?
– Let’s get ’em out. – Let’s pull ’em.
还不要
Sir? – Not yet.
快点
Come on.
好,
All right.
大家都好吗?
Everybody good?
下週我们再试一次
We’re gonna try this again next week.
下一次蒙上眼睛
Next time, blindfolded.
做得好
Good job.
待租 零售空间待租
非常棒
Very good.
地球月亮正宗墨西哥美食餐厅
来了
Here you are.
一,大卫布朗
…specialist one, David Brown;
二号♥任务专家,卡帕娜乔拉 – 荷西,
mission specialist two, Kalpana Chawla… – Hey, José,
什么时候会换你?
when will that be you?
等我把洋葱切完就回去了
Uh, as soon as I’m done chopping those onions back there.
太空梭航行路径
And, uh, take a look out your window. You might see something very cool.
以每小时25马赫的速度移♥动♥
Now, we’re talking about something that is moving at a speed, uh, Mach 25,
是音速的25倍
25 times the speed of sound, uh, six or seven times…
–爸,我什麽都没看到 –过来
I don’t see anything, Dad. – Oh, come here.
继续找…你会看到的
Keep looking. Keep looking. You’ll catch it.
哥伦比亚号♥太空梭现已失去联繫
…Space Shuttle Columbia. It has been out of communication now…
–在过去的12分钟 –好
Okay. Okay. – …for the past, uh, 12 minutes.
太空梭上有七名成员
A seven-person crew on board.
哥伦比亚呼叫休士顿 超高频通讯检查
And, uh, hang on.
等等,我们听听 詹姆斯哈茨菲尔德的说法
Let’s listen in to James Hartsfield.
飞行控制中心继续等待
Flight controllers continuing to stand by
恢复与太空船的通讯
to regain communications with the spacecraft.
显然太空梭哥伦比亚号♥ 有一些令人担忧的消息
Obviously some troubling news here about the Space Shuttle Columbia,
我们还没收到任何消息,
as we haven’t heard from it yet.
就在此时…
The time of… uh, right about at this moment.
飞行总监勒罗伊凯恩现在指示控制员
Flight director LeRoy Cain is now instructing controllers
拿出应急程序,并开始遵循程序
to, uh, get out their contingency procedures and, uh, begin to follow those.
我们有它飞越德州达拉斯的画面
And we do have picture of it passing over Dallas, Texas.
太空梭进入地球…
The entry of the space shuttle into the Earth…
我得走了
I-I have to go.
但我想看着陆
But I want to see the landing.
不会有着陆的
Uh, there’s not gonna be a, uh…not gonna be a landing.
给你 – 什么?
Here. – What?
不要开电视
Keep the… keep the TVs off.
高级官员所说的 证实了我们见到的情况
…what senior officials are telling us
也就是太空梭“消失了”
is confirming what we’ve seen, uh, which is that the shuttle is, quote, “gone.”
那是麦克巴恩
Let’s leave that at that. Michael Bohn.
太空梭在德州中部上空 20万英尺处解体
The shuttle was about 200,000 feet above Central Texas when it broke up.
我们只能推测
We can only imagine the debris field is
残骸分布的范围会相当广泛
going to be rather, uh, spread out and extensive.
我们提醒各位注意…
And, uh, we caution those of you who listen to us…
经过彻底的调查后
After a very thorough investigation,
我们得出的结论是 在STS-107的发射过程中
we have concluded that during the launch of STS-107…
一块泡绵绝缘材料从外部燃料箱脱落
…a piece of foam insulation broke off the external tank
并击中太空梭的左翼
and struck the left wing of the orbiter.
当哥伦比亚号♥重新进入大气层时
When Columbia reentered the atmosphere,
损坏导致高温气体穿透隔热罩
the damage allowed hot gases to penetrate the heat shield
破坏内部机翼结构
and destroy the internal wing structure.
这使太空船变得不稳定
This caused the spacecraft to become unstable and to…
并且解体
…and to break apart.
不意外的是这些结果
It comes as no surprise that these results
会引起华府的更多关注
will bring added scrutiny from D.C.
如果太空飞行不安全 我们就不应该进行
If spaceflight can’t be safe, then we shouldn’t be doing it.
妳认为这意味着我该放弃吗?
You think all that means I should… I should quit?
卡帕娜说生命充满神祕
Kalpana said that, uh, life was mysterious.
我不明白她当时在说什麽
I just didn’t understand what she was saying then, you know?
但现在…
But now…
晚安
Good night.
–晚安
Good night.
–晚安,亲爱的
Good night, mija.
2008年
要诀五
当你认为已经成功时 你可能要更加努力
休士顿,国际太空站就在眼前
Houston, ISS in sight.
收到,我们这边看到了
Copy. Showing hot on our end.
启动对接程序
Initiating docking protocols.
确认…
Confirming. Got you at point-oh-six.
好的,我们开始吧,现在九点。
Okay, here we go. Now point-oh-nine.
第九点。
Point-oh-niner.
荷西,你的速度太快了
José, you’re coming in too hot.
降低速度,有必要的话取消对接
Reduce speed or abort docking if necessary.
不必,休士顿,无须取消
Negative, Houston. No need to abort.
选择性忽略,继续进行…
Optional override…
荷西,你的速度
José, your speed.
呃,负面。他在开车,全手动的。
Uh, negative. He’s on the stick. He’s full manual.
我可以的,休士顿
I got it, Houston.
请相信我能搞定
Trust that I got it.
休士顿,我们已对接并锁定 感谢耐心等待
Houston, we’re docked and locked.
Thank you for your patience.
做得好,赫南德兹
Nice work, Hernández.
长官,谢谢你
Thank you, sir. – Listen, uh…
听着,选拔办公室的人
folks down at the Selections Office
想跟你谈谈
would like to have a word.
谈什麽?
Mm, wh-what for?
–赫南德兹 –是
Hernández. – Yes, sir.
进来吧
Come.
赫南德兹先生,
Mr. Hernández.
我们应该还没见过面
I don’t believe we’ve met.
我是飞航计画总监安德森
I’m Flight Crew Program Director Anderson.
你今天在这裡是因为出乎我们的意料
You’re here today because, against our expectations,
美国太空总署批准了新的太空梭发射
NASA has cleared a new shuttle launch,
我们希望在华府改变主意前 让事情取得进展