Nearly.
差一点
Nearly doesn’t count. 21-all.
差一点也不算,21平
Up! I’ll be.
我要…
Count ten.
数到10
I wonder if Peter’s a good player. You can ask him when he wakes.
我好奇Peter是否擅长这个 – 他醒了以后问问他
Well, he’s been asleep nearly two hours and a half.
他已经睡了将近两个半小时了
He’ll wake at 11:00. How do you know?
他11点会醒过来 你怎么知道?
I gave him a tablet. Well, how can you tell exactly?
我给他的药 你怎么知道?
I can’t tell exactly, but I know the patient.
我了解病人
But do you know him? I think so.
那你了解他吗? 我想是的
Well, then tell me something about him. Are we playing table tennis, or are we not?
跟我谈谈他! 我们究竟打乒乓球不?
All right, your serve. Right. Ready?
好吧,你发球 准备好了?
Ready.
准备好了 噢!
Oh. Your game.
你赢了
Now tell me what you think about him.
现在告诉我你觉得他怎么样
I think he’s fascinating. So do I.
我觉得他很有吸引力 我也是
Not biologically. Medically.
不是生理上的,而是医学上的
Have a drink? Love one.
想喝一杯吗? 我很乐意
What do the books say, Doc?
书里怎么说,医生?
I see a dark stranger in his life.
我看到他生命中暗处的一位陌生者
Do you know what’s wrong with him?
你知道他究竟怎么了吗?
Yes, I think I do.
是的,我想我知道
Is he going to be all right?
他会…好起来吗?
He’ll be all right. Here’s your drink.
他会好起来的 你的茶
Will he have any more hallucinations?
他还会出现更多幻觉吗?
Yes. How do you know?
是的 你怎么知道?
Because this conductor promised to come back.
因为这个“执行员”说过他将回来
Will that make him worse? Why should it?
这会使他更糟吗? 为什么会呢?
I don’t know.
我不知道
Seeing things, arguing about his own life, talking to a nonexistent man and ‒
也许看见什么东西,为他的人生辩护之类… 和一个不存在的人对话…
He does exist for him.
这人对于他是存在的
He’s not going mad then? His brain isn’t being affected?
他没有发疯么?他的大脑没有受到影响么?
Of course it’s being affected, but not in the way you mean.
是有的,但不是你想的那样
That’s why I asked him about his sense of smell.
这就是为什么我问他有关嗅觉的原因
I saw it was important.
我认为这很重要
He’s having a series of highly organized hallucinations
他产生了高度复杂化有条理的幻觉…
comparable to an experience of actual life.
甚至相较与真实世界的实感来说
A combination of vision, of hearing, and of idea.
一种视觉、听觉和思想的结合
To a neurologist, that points to a direct connection
对一名神经学家来说,这直接指向了
with a sense of smell or of taste.
嗅觉和味觉
Once that connection is established, we know where to look for the trouble.
一旦这样的连接建立起来,我们就能知道从何入手
I only want to find out one thing more in his personal history,
我还想从他的经历中找到一件事
and I’ll find that out later.
之后我会找到的
Now…
现在…
I’m not going to tell you any more. Thanks.
我不能再告诉你更多了 多谢
But how did he survive the jump?
但他是怎么从那次跳伞中幸存的?
I don’t know.
我不知道
If we could find that out and tell him, it would save him.
如果我们能找到原因并告诉他,那就能救他
It would help. But the main thing is for him to win his case.
虽然这有帮助,但现在对他而言,首要之事是赢得这桩案子
Are you serious? Perfectly serious.
你认真的么? 完全认真
We must help him to win it. How?
我们必须帮他赢 怎么帮?
It depends on what message the conductor brings.
这取决于那个执行员带来什么消息了
But suppose he loses his case?
但…假设他输了这桩案子呢?
Oh, that’s absurd.
哦,真荒谬!
If we see that he’s losing or we think he’s going to lose,
如果我们发现或者认为他将要输掉这个案子…
we’ll find out the reason why he survived.
我们就得找到他幸存的理由
Or we’ll invent one. We’ll have a couple of drinks, you and I.
或者,“发明”一个这样的理由… 我们先喝点酒…
And we’ll invent the greatest lie in medical history.
然后我们将编造出医学史上最伟大的谎言
Care for another game? I don’t mind.
介意再来一局吗? 我不介意
Now, don’t worry about him. You see that bell?
别担心,看到那个铃吗?
Yes.

He’s promised to ring it if he gets another visit.
如果他再有来访,会摇响这个铃的
Fine. Come on, your serve.
好的 来吧,你发球
Ready? Mmhmm.
准备好了? 嗯哼
One-love. Come up.
1-0
Doc, he’s here! June!
医生,他在这! June!
Doc!
医生?
Eh bien, mon cher, comment ça va?
好的,亲爱的,你还好吗?(法语)
Not too good. Hmm. Not too good, huh?
不太好 不太好,呃…
I would not bother to ring that bell if I were you. Nothing will happen.
如果我是你,就不会费心去摇那个铃 什么都不会发生的
A little trick of mine, you remember?
我的一个小花招,还记得吗?
After all, what is time?
别忘了… 什么是时间?
Only, uh, tyranny.
是一种纯粹的专♥制♥
Let me know if you’re going to do that again, won’t you?
如果你还想再试一次,告诉我
This looks good. Very good. Do you know the author?
看起来不错 非常棒,知道作者是谁吗?
No, but I often have a game with Philidor. Philidor?
不知道,但我经常和菲利多尔对弈
The greatest master of chess who ever lived.
菲利多尔? 有史以来最伟大的象棋大♥师♥
A Frenchman, naturellement. Come along and I’ll introduce you.
他是法国人,跟我来,我把他引见给你
Good. Splendid.
不错 好极了!
No, I mean you’ve got good news for me, my friend.
你给我带好消息了
How did you guess?
你怎么猜到的?
Well, you wouldn’t try to entice me with this Philimor ‒
你不会拿”菲利莫尔”诱惑我…
Philidor.
菲利多尔
Philidor. If you had the right to conduct me anyway.
如果你有权把我带回去的话
True. Well?
你说得对 哦?
Speaking officially, I have good news for you.
按照官方说法,我确实有好消息要给你
Good.
很好!
You are to be allowed to appeal to the high court.
你可以向最高法♥院♥上诉
Splendid.
棒极了!
The trial will be a full-dress affair, très chic, in three days,
那将会是一次“雅致”的审判
to give you time to prepare your case.
你有三天时间来准备这个案子
Better and better. Hmm.
事情越来越顺利了
Do not be too pleased. Why? Is there a catch?
别太高兴 有什么隐忧么?
The prosecuting counsel.
控方律师
Of course, I am not permitted to offer advice or give a personal opinion, but ‒
我本不被允许提供建议以及个人意见的,但…
Who is this prosecuting counsel? Be prepared.
谁是空方律师? 他已经准备好了
For what? A shock.
准备好什么? 对你的痛击
Well, come on. Tell me the worst. Who is it?
告诉我最坏情况吧,他是谁?
Abraham Farlan.
Abraham Farlan.
Come again? Abraham Farlan!
再说一遍? Abraham Farlan!
Well, I never heard of him. No?
从未听过他 没听过?
Never in my life. He lives in Boston.
从没 他住在波士顿
I’ve never been in Boston. Massachusetts?
我从未到过那 马萨诸塞州
I’d never been there.
我从没去过那啊!
Abraham Farlan died in Boston in 1775.
Abraham Farlan,1775年死于波士顿
Does that date convey anything to you?
这个时间告诉了你什么?
Lexington, Concord? Exactly. You are good at history.
列克星敦和康科德战役 你对历史很了解嘛
The American war of independence.
就是美国独♥立♥战争的时候
Oh, he was killed? By a British bullet.
哦,他在那时被杀了? 被英国人的子弹杀了
Oh. He might be, uh, prejudiced.
哦,他可能会有些偏见
Hmm. He hates your guts.
嗯,他讨厌你的勇气
And he hates the guts of every Englishman.
并且他讨厌所有英国人的勇气
And particularly, he hates this little affair with a Boston-born girl.
而且他也讨厌你和这个波士顿女孩 所产生的渺小的爱情
It’s not a little affair.
这不是渺小的爱情
A big affair. He will hate you even more.
哦,如果不是他会更加讨厌!
All right, I’ll appeal against it. It will be no good.
我要上诉反对他作为控方律师 没用的!
After all, we had to choose a good man. The honor of the department was at stake.
我们必须选个合适的人选,我们的荣誉危在旦夕
No, what you have to do is to choose a good man for yourself.
不,你应该为自己挑一个合适的人选
As defending counsel? Precisely.
作为辩方律师? 完全正确
Can I choose anybody? Anybody in the other world.
什么人我都能选吗?
Anybody who has ever lived upon Earth.
所有曾经在地球上生活过的人
Everybody is at your disposal.
所有人任你选择
You can choose me.
你可以选我
That would suit your book. But do not waste any time.
那就合了你的意了 别浪费时间
Abraham Farlan is piling up his case already.
Abraham Farlan已经着手这件案子了
You can choose Socrates. You can choose William Pitt.
你可以选择苏格拉底,威廉皮特…
You can choose Henry VIII.
你可以选亨利八世…
Oh. Madame du Barry. She knows all about love.
哦,杜巴丽夫人 – 她对爱无所不知
Rather a onetrack mind. You are a good chess player.
更是个死脑筋 你是个好棋手
Philidor.
菲利多尔那样的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!