Good. Who’s winning? June’s very good.
太好了 谁会赢啊? June正有利
But he’s winning. Sit down, everybody.
但他将会赢 大家坐下吧
Thanks.
谢谢
“I beseech your worship’s name. Thank you.
请问尊姓大名 谢谢
I shall desire you of more acquaintance, good Master Cobweb.
我希望你能有更多的相识,好蜘蛛网大♥师♥
If I cut my finger, I shall make bold with you.
如果我割伤了手指,我会对你大发雷霆
Your name, honest gentleman?”
你叫什么,诚实先生?
I told Peter. What?
我已经告诉Peter了 告诉什么?
Who you are, what you are, all about you. Mmm. Tall order.
你是谁,你的职业,所有你的一切
And I’ve told you all about him.
真不容易 然后我也告诉了你有关他的一切
Has she read your poems? What poems?
她读过你的诗吗? 什么诗?
Well, didn’t you know this is Peter Carter?
难道你不知道?这可是Peter Carter
I didn’t know. We hadn’t got around to that yet.
我不知道 我们还没找出时间谈起这个
I haven’t got much modern stuff in my library, but you’re there.
我没有太多的现代诗集,但其中就有你的
Oh, good.
很荣幸
I like your point of view and I like your English.
我喜欢你的观点,你的文字
I hope we shall have some talks together. So do I.
我希望我们能有更多谈话 我也是
Now let’s get down to this thing.
让我们开始着手讨论这件事
You’ve never had any visions or hallucinations before?
你之前曾经看到过幻觉吗?
Never. What were you in civil life?
从没有 你之前做些什么?
I was at Oxford. Specializing?
我在牛津攻读
European history. Hmm.
欧洲历史
Both parents alive? My mother.
父母双全吗? 母亲健在
Brothers, sisters? Two sisters, both in the Wrens.
有兄弟姐妹吗? 两个妹妹
What was the cause of your father’s death? Same as mine.
令尊的死因是什么?和我一样
Brain? No, war.
脑部的问题? 不,战争的原因
When? 1917.
何时? 1917年
You’re, um, 29? Twentyseven.
你是…29岁? 27
Called up? No, volunteered.
被征召? 志愿入伍
Trained in Canada, went on ops in ’41. Bomber?
在加拿大受训,1941年在作战指挥所 作为投弹手?
A spell of coastal, a spell of instructor. Back to bombers, Lancasters.
一开始是,然后是指导员,最后又回到投弹手
You must have done a good many operations. Sixtyseven.
一定完成过很多次作战行动吧? 67次
I’m surprised they let you go back, with your experience and seniority.
所以他们让你带着经验和资历回到工作岗位上去?
With a new job ‒ master bomber.
新的工作,开轰炸机
Tricky? Somebody’s got to do it.
困难吗? 总得有人来做这个工作
Hmm.
嗯
Now about these headaches. When did they start?
现在…谈谈头痛的问题 – 它们什么时候开始的?
Headaches? Oh, I know you get them.
头痛么?我知道你得了头痛
I know you’ve had them for some time, and I know you’ve told nobody about them,
而且没告诉任何人
especially your MO, right?
尤其是你的卫生长官
What else do you know? I know about your eyes.
你还知道什么? 我还对你的眼睛有所了解
You know a good deal. I’d like to know more.
你知道的可真不少 还想知道更多呢
All right.
好吧
Good.
很好
These headaches, when did this start?
那,这头痛,什么时候开始的?
About six months ago. Bad?
六个月前 很糟糕么?
Not at first. Where mostly?
一开始并不是 哪里疼?
Here.
这里
Frontal and temporal.
前额部分,暂时的
Did you ever have a rather nasty bang on the head?
头部受过什么严重的撞击吗?
I don’t think so. Sure?
我觉得没有 确定?
The usual one ‒ dropped as a baby.
除了一次常见情况——作为婴儿诞生的时候
Does that support everything for you? Yes, I’m afraid it does.
是不是破坏了你原来的设想? – 嗯,我恐怕是的
I’ll see what I can cook up.
我看看我还能编出什么
Do you mind if I try something? No, go ahead.
你介意我做些测试吗? 不,请便
Now, uh, just face this way. Don’t move.
现在…面朝这个方向,别动
Now, don’t move your eyes. Look straight ahead.
不要移♥动♥你的视线,直视前方
Check. What are you looking at?
明白 你正看着什么?
That girl with the red hair and the legs.
那个红头发,露出大腿的女孩
All right, I’ve got her. Don’t take your eyes off her.
好,我看到她了 不要把目光从她身上移开
This is going to be easy.
容易!
Now, without moving your eyes, what can you see on the extreme right?
眼睛不动的情况下, 你在视线的最右边看到了什么?
Fireplace.
壁炉
In the center? Girl.
中间呢? 女孩
Extreme left?
最左边呢?
Windows.
窗户?
Curtains? Yes.
窗帘? 对
Color? Red.
它的颜色? 红色
All right, that will do.
好,行了
Well, if you’re quite done staring at that girl’s legs, both of you.
你看够了那个女孩的大腿没…
Well, you’ve got to do what the doctor tells you.
你得照医生说的做
Confidentially, they’re rather knock-kneed.
偷偷地说,那女孩的膝盖内弯
Now, any loss of appetite? No.
有没有食欲减退?-没有
Nor of thirst? No fear.
喝水什么的呢? 当然没
In fact, if anything, you’ve been eating and drinking rather more than usual?
你甚至比平时吃喝更多了
You’ve just been looking at my mess bills.
你刚看过我混乱的账单了!
And you’ve seen something?
然后你曾见过…一些东西
Someone. Clearly?
某个人 清楚见到么?
As clear as I see you.
就像我现在看到你一般清楚
Have you had a similar hallucination before?
之前有出现过这样的幻觉吗?
No, thanks.
没有,谢谢
Tell me, do you believe in the survival of human personality after death?
你相信人死后灵魂不灭吗?
I thought you said you read my verses?
我想你刚说过你看过我的诗的
Do you?
你怎么看?
I don’t know. I’ve never thought about it. Do you?
我不知道,我从没想过这件事 你呢?
I don’t know. I’ve thought about it too much.
我不知道 我从没认真思考过这个
I thought I was asked to tea? It isn’t time yet.
我以为我是被叫来喝茶的 还不到时间
Past my time.
那就跳过吧
One last question. It may sound silly.
最后一个问题 这听起来很傻
But, um, have you imagined recently that you’ve smelled something
但你最近有没有在幻想中…
that couldn’t possibly be there?
嗅到一些本不该出现的气味?
What an extraordinary thing. What is?
真不可思议! – 怎么?
How did you know? It was a long shot. You have?
你是如何知道的?瞎猜瞎中而已,你确实有吗?
Yes, but it was so silly, I would never have told you.
是的,这听起来太傻,我本不会告诉你的
It’s important. It might explain everything abnormal that you’ve seen and heard.
也许可以解释你所见到
Well, that would be a relief.
和听到的怪事
But it still can’t explain how I can jump without a parachute and be alive.
但这仍然无法解释我是如何在没有降落伞 的情况下跳下而得以幸存的
No, it couldn’t do that,
现在是不能
but there might be a possible explanation even of that.
不过这可能会成为一种可能的解释
Now, this heavenly messenger. You saw him quite clearly?
那,这个天堂的信使,你看他看得真切吗?
I told you, as clear as I see you.
我说了,就像我现在看到你一般清楚
And this smell you imagined, was it at the same time?
在你的这个幻想中,气味也同时存在吗?
Yes, it was particularly strong.
是的,尤为浓烈
Was it a pleasant smell? Yes.
一种令人愉悦的气味? 是的.
Could you place it? Fried onions.
举个现实例子? 炸洋葱的气味
And this messenger, he hasn’t turned up again?
然后说到这个信使,他没再出现吗?
No, but he will. When?
没有,不过他会出现的 何时?
He picks his own time and stops it.
他会选择自己喜欢的时间现身的
Oh, Peter’s lodged an appeal. Against what?
Peter已经对他的召回提出了上诉
Against his call up. That’s the spirit. Don’t give in.
精神可嘉,别放弃
I won’t.
我不会的
I’m lucky that June knew you, Doctor. Thank you for coming.
June有你这样的朋友我感到很幸运,感谢你的到来
June has lucky friends.
June确实有个幸运的朋友
I’ve got bad news for you. Then why the grin?
我有坏消息要告诉你 – 为什么笑?
You’re going with me. Where to?
你得跟我走一趟
To my house, for two reasons.
去哪? 我的家 有两个原因
First, I want to meet this chap next time he drops in.
我想再次见到眼前这个家伙…
Second, I like a nice girl around the house,
…而且我希望有位美女出现在我家
and she only comes to see me to borrow a book.
她只会在借书的时候来
And she’s a slow reader. What about my CO?
而且还读得很慢!- 我指挥官那儿怎么交待?
I fixed it with him. Besides, until we get this settled, I am your CO.
我已经跟他说好了 而,在此之前,我就是你的指挥官
And at my house, you get your tea at half past 4:00.
在我家,你会在4点30分喝到你的茶
Tea breaks! All right!
茶歇时间!
Here you get it at 5:00.
在这里你喝到茶的时间是五点
Sinkers, Doc?
要甜甜圈么,医生?
Thank you.
谢谢
We are shaping, Frank. We are shaping.
我们完成了,Frank,我们完成了!
Ha-ha! 20-all!
啊哈!20平!
21-20. Sorry.
21-20,抱歉
You’re sorry, my foot. Ready? Ready.
我的脚该说抱歉! 准备好了? 准备好了