of the so-called glorious French Revolution.
在那次所谓的,“辉煌的法国大革命”期间
I see. Natural death.
我明白 “自然”死亡
I lost my head.
我被斩首了(和失去理智同义)
The case is not so simple.
这件事并不那么简单
No? No.
是吗? 是的
He’s fallen in love.
他坠入爱河了
Ah!
啊!
Oh!
噢
It complicates things. True, madame.
这让事情复杂了 没错
You must do your best. Oui, madame.
你必须竭尽全力 是的,夫人(法语)
You’ll proceed to Earth immediately. Oui, madame.
立刻启程前往地球 好的(法语)
You will explain your grave error to Squadron Leader Carter ‒
你要向Carter解释你的严重失误…
Oui, madame. and ask him to follow you.
然后要求他跟你回来
Oui, madame. Wait.
是的,夫人 等等!
Your captain is not an unreasonable man, I hope?
我希望你的机长不是个不理性的人
The skipper? Oh, no, ma’am. Unless he’s had a few, of course.
机长,哦,他不是,除非他喝了点!
Euh, pardon? “Had a few”?
呃…什么?喝了点?
Beers.
啤酒 Oh, 啤酒!(法语)
Scotch being hard to come by, you know.
你要知道,苏格兰威士忌并不是那么容易得到…
Naturellement.
这是自然地!(法语) 顺便…
By the way, monsieur, when you see Peter, would you give him a message for me?
你能帮我给Peter带个话吗?
Avec plaisir. Just say, “What ho.”
乐意效劳 只要说 “哇哦”就可以
Bon.
好的
One is starved for Technicolor up there.
天上的人都渴望特艺彩色
What a night for love.
真是个爱的夜晚!
Drink, darling?
喝酒吗,亲爱的?
Mon ami?
我的朋友(法语)
Evening.
晚上好
I think I keep these for a little.
我想保管它一小会儿
And how are you, my friend? I’ve never been better.
近来如何啊,我的朋友? 不能更好了
June, wake. She cannot wake.
June,醒醒… 她醒不了的
We are talking in space, not in time.
我们正处在空间中对话,而非时间
Are you cracked?
你脑子有病吧?
Look at your watch.
看看你的手表
It has not moved since you said, so charmingly, “Drink, darling?”
自从你迷人地说出”喝酒吗,亲爱的?”之后,它就没再走过
Nor will it move, nor will anything move…
也不会再走… 任何事物都不再移♥动♥…
until we have finished our little talk.
直到我们完成这一段小小的对话
It is only a trick.
一个小把戏而已
Who are you?
你是谁?
We should have met yesterday at 04:10, mon cher.
我们本该在昨天的4点10分相见的,亲爱的(法语)
Unfortunately, I missed you.
不幸地我错过了你
Well, you couldn’t have missed me because I wasn’t here. Now, who the ‒
你不可能见到我,因为我不在那
I bring you a message from Mr. Trubshawe.
Trubshaw先生让我带给你一个消息
Bob? Bob’s dead.
Bob?
Oh, yes, he’s dead.
Bob死了 哦,对的,他死了
He says, “What ho.”
他说…”哇哦!”
Well, that sounds like Trubshawe. But he is dead, isn’t he?
这听起来确实像他… 但他死了,不是么?
En effet. But how?
事实上是的 被什么杀的?
Why? Cannon shell.
为什么?- 炮弹
And what should happen to a man who jumps from his aircraft
而接下来会发生什么… 对于一个未带降落伞
without his parachute?
跳下飞机的人来说?
How do you know?
你怎么知道的?
But it is I who am telling you, my friend. It is I.
但这是我告诉你的,我的朋友 是我!
Your time was up,
你的时间结束了…
but they missed you because of your ridiculous English climate.
但我错过了你,拜你们愚蠢的英国大雾所赐
I am French.
我是法国人
But what do you want now? You, my friend.
你想知道什么? 你,我的朋友
What for? To conduct you.
做什么? 召回你
Where to? To the training center.
到哪去? 去训练中心
Training for what? For another world.
为了什么训练? 为了适应另一个世界
You don’t mean ‒
你该不会是说…?
But, my dear friend, that is just what I do mean.
但,我的朋友,这就是我要表达的意思
Oh, this is absolutely fantastic. June?
哦,这简直不可思议!- June!
June!
June!
All right. And what if I refuse to go?
好吧,如果我拒绝跟你走呢?
But you cannot refuse.
你不能拒绝
Your time was up.
你的大限已到
Now, by mistake, you overstayed by about,
现在,因为一时疏忽,你已经多度过了大约…
speaking in time, of course, 20 hours.
从时间上说… 20小时了
The advantage was exclusively yours.
这多出来的时间是你独有的
You lost nothing. You only gained.
你并没失去什么,你只有获益
What about her?
那她怎么办?
Exquise.
真可爱!
You will see her again when her time comes.
等她大限到了,你会见到她的
She will live to be 97.
她将会活到…97岁
I looked her up in the files.
我查了她的档案
I’m in love with her. But, my friend, what is love?
可我爱上了她 我的朋友,何谓爱呢?
The feeling of the moment.
不过是一瞬间的感觉…
But I represent eternity,
而我代表着永恒…
the law of this world and the other.
以及此世和彼世的自然法则
Good, but what is law? Law is law.
好,不过又何谓法则呢? 法则就是法则
Yes, but law is based on reason. That is so.
法则是基于理性的 是这样
Now, yesterday I wasn’t in love. Today I am.
就在昨天我还并未爱上她,而今天爱上了
But, my friend, what is love? How many people are in love?
但何为爱上?又有多少(死去的)人们正处于爱恋中?
Soldiers, airmen. How many sailors?
战士,飞行员,以及多少的海员?
Do they protest when their time is up? No, they don’t.
当他们大限将至时他们有为此抗♥议♥吗?不,他们没有
They have no right. Exactly.
他们没有这权利
But I have. Why?
但我有 – 为什么?
Look, I’ve fallen in love because of your mistake.
你看,因为你的疏忽,我爱上了她
I’m in an entirely different position from what I was in last night.
与昨晚相比,我的处境不同了
Then I expected to die, I was ready to die,
我期待死亡,我也准备好了去死
and it wasn’t my fault that I didn’t, it was yours.
而最终没死成不是我的错,而是你的!
What kind of government do you represent? I do not represent any government.
你代表的是什么政♥府♥? 什么都不!
Well, what laws govern the place you come from?
什么法律支配着那个世界?
I am not permitted to express any political views.
我不能表达我的政♥治♥观点
Well, if it’s a respectable place, there must be a law of appeal.
一个值得尊敬的国度应该具有允许人们上诉的法律!
But, my friend, be reasonable. Appeal to whom?
理智点! 向谁上诉? 你找出来
That’s for you to find out. But it’s never been done.
那就让你去发现 -但从来没有这样做过
Is that any reason why it can’t be done now?
这从来没有人做过! 有什么理由不能做吗?
You are determined to get me into this salad.
你成心要把我带到…一团糟的情况里
And what about the salad you got me into?
你又何尝不是呢?
Now look here, you don’t want me to use force, do you?
看这儿,你不想让我动用武力吧?
Well, you can always try.
哦,好啊,悉听尊便
I think I’ll leave you for a little. That’s the form.
我觉得我该离开一会 这就对了
I shall report for instructions. Now you’re talking.
我要向上面请求指示 这才对嘛!
And do not fall any deeper in love now. You have been warned.
然后…不要再在爱情里陷下去了 我警告过你
She is… charming.
她真的… 挺迷人
You know, I think you’re not a bad chap.
你知道吗,我觉得你还不赖
Do you play chess? Yes.
你下国际象棋吗? 是的
So do I.
我也是
We could play every day.
我们可以每天对弈
Some other time.
改天吧
Next time perhaps?
或许,下一次?
Au revoir, mon ami.
再见,我的朋友(法语)
No, thank you, darling.
不,谢谢,亲爱的
“No, thank you” what?
“不,谢谢” 什么?
You just asked me to have a drink.
你刚刚问我要不要我喝酒啊
Did I?
我有说过吗?
Yes, I remember I did.
是的,我记得我有
What’s the matter with me?
我是怎么了?
What is it? Is it your head again?
怎么了?又是头的毛病吗?
It might be, yes.
可能吧,是的
An odd thing happened while you were asleep.
你睡着的时候一件怪事发生了
I haven’t been asleep.
我没睡着呀
Didn’t you hear us talking?
你没听见我们说话吗?
No. Who was there to talk to?
没 你跟谁说话?
They sent somebody. “They”?
他们派的某个人 他们?
Who are they?
他们是谁?
I don’t know.
我不知道
June, do I look cracked?
June,我看起来脑子有毛病吗?