Do you agree, Mr. Farlan? I would welcome such a jury, Your Honor.
你同意吗,Farlan先生?我会欢迎这样的陪审团,法官阁下
The jury will stand.
陪审团请起立
The jury will retire, and a new jury will take their place.
陪审团将退出法庭,新的陪审团将取代他们的位置
Robert Dupont, American citizen.
Robert Dupont,美国公民
Lieutenant Pete Vandereyk, American citizen.
Lt Pete Vandereyk,美国公民
Alexander Barabaranoff, American citizen.
Alexander Barbanov,美国公民
George Wong, American citizen.
George Wong,美国公民
Jefferson Lincoln Brown, American citizen.
Jefferson Lincoln Brown… 美国公民
Patrick Aloysious Mahoney, American citizen.
Patrick Aloysius Mahoney,美国公民
The jury will be seated.
陪审团请就坐
Counsel for the defense?
辩方律师发言
Here in this rose is my case. And what is my case?
在这朵玫瑰中藏着本案的要点 什么是本案的要点呢
I entirely agree with Mr. Farlan.
我完全同意Farlan先生的说法
Has Peter Carter fallen in love during the allotted extra ‒
Peter Carter是否在这额外分配得来的20小时内…
Borrowed, Dr. Reeves.
借来的
Disputed extra 20 hours he had or hasn’t he?
有争议的额外的20小时内坠入了爱河呢?
Has someone, the name is unimportant, fallen in love with him?
是否有人——她的名字很重要——爱上了他呢?
Now, here are two young people who would never have met
现在,有两个素未谋面的年轻人…
but for a mistake higher up,
由于上天犯下的错误…
penalized for the most natural and simple thing in the world.
而受到了世上最简单、最自然的惩罚
They fell in love.
他们相爱了
Here in this tear are love and truth and friendship.
在这颗眼泪里… 是爱情、真理以及友谊
Those qualities and those qualities alone can build a new world today
这些品质组成了现在的新世界…
and must build a better one tomorrow.
而且注定会在未来筑造一个更为美好的世界
That is my case,
这就是我的陈述…
and upon it I demand a verdict that Peter Carter shall live.
以及,我请求一个让Peter Carter活下去的判决
Your Honor, we all feel that the defendant and this young girl
法官阁下,我们觉得被告与这位少女…
should be given the chance to be heard.
应该获得发言的机会
My lord, nothing is impossible.
殿下,没什么不可能的
The court will adjourn.
法庭休庭
There is no reason to deny ourselves, for the dimension of time will not disturb us.
用不着把时间停止,他们不会打扰我们的
The jury feels it would help establish a true picture of the conditions.
这有助于我们了解真实情况
Very well.
非常好
I call ‒
我传唤…
My diagnosis was right.
我的诊断没错
Fine vascular meningeal adhesions binding the optic nerve to the brain.
细血管脑膜粘连结合到
The internal carotid and the chiasm.
大脑的视神经
Similar adhesions between the chiasm and the brain.
与交叉神经和大脑的连接相似
Did I tell you about my operation?
我跟你提过我的手术吗?
Dr. Reeves, we are not here to check your diagnosis,
Reeves医生,我们来这不是为了…验证你的诊断
but to put certain questions to this young man.
而是要询问这个年轻人
Quite right, certainly.
很对
I call Squadron Leader Peter D. Carter.
我传唤Peter D Carter少校
Hello, Peter. Hello, Frank. How’s the operation going?
你好,Peter. 你好,Frank,手术进行得如何?
Fine. Liza is a very good man. He better be.
很好,Leiser是个好医生 希望是这样!
Peter Carter, you are on the witness stand.
Peter Carter,请坐证人席
You are under oath. Do you understand? Yes, Mr. Farlan.
你宣过誓了的,明白吗? 明白,Farlan先生
You know me, sir?
你认识我,先生?
There’s no mistaking you.
不会弄错的
Your smile is not unattractive, sir.
你的笑容很有吸引力,先生
Did you use it to enamor this young American lady?
你是否用它迷住了这位美国女孩?
I love her, sir.
我爱她,先生
Answer the question.
回答问题
Would you repeat the question? It, um, had “enamored” in it.
你能重述一下你的问题么?“迷住”这个词不好
Never mind the exact question.
不要在意这些细节
Did you consciously try to influence the emotions of this young American lady?
你是否有意在情感上影响这位美国女孩?
We fell in love before we’d ever met.
我们见面前便相爱了
You claim you love her. I do love her.
你说你爱她 我爱她
Can you prove it? Oh, give me time, sir.
你能证明吗?给我时间,先生
Fifty years will do.
50年可以证明
Well, can a starving man prove he’s hungry except by eating?
那么,一个饥饿的人除了吃东西之外还能证明他饿吗?
Would you die for her? I would.
你愿意为她去死吗?愿意!
But, uh, I’d rather live.
但…我更希望活着
Young devil.
狡猾的东西!
Your Honor, I apologize for the expression.
法官阁下,我为我的言辞感到抱歉
Your witness. No questions.
该你问了 我没问题
Conductor 71. Monsieur?
执行员71号♥ – 先生?
Is the young lady available?
这位年轻女士可以传唤吗?
She sleeps. She sleeps?
她睡着了 睡了?
The jury will please note that. I put her to sleep.
陪审团请记下这点 我让她睡着的
Indeed, why?
真的?为何?
To enable you to call her, sir.
让你传唤她,先生
The jury will please note that.
陪审团请记下这点
I do call her, Your Honor.
我要传唤她,法官阁下
You are before the high court in the case of Peter Carter.
你现在位于高等法♥院♥之前,为了Peter Carter的案子
You have been called as a witness by the prosecution.
你被控方传唤为证人
You will tell the truth.
你必须说实话
This gentleman is counsel for the prosecution.
这位先生是控方律师
Child, where were you born? In Boston, sir.
孩子,你生在那里?波士顿,先生
Do you know this man?
你了解这位先生吗?
I think so. You think so?
我想是的 你想是的?
I only met him a few days ago. You hardly know him.
我只是在几天前才认识他 你根本不了解他
How can you think you love him? But I do love him.
你如何认定你爱他呢? – 但我确实爱他
Nonsense, my child. I object.
胡说 我反对
Counsel will withdraw the expression. It’s all right, Frank. He’s right.
控方收回刚才的言辞 没关系,他是对的
There’s no sense in love.
爱情是没有理性可言的
Wisdom still flowers in Boston.
理性之花仍在波士顿绽放
Can you prove that you love him?
你能证明你爱他吗?
How can I?
我要如何证明?
Would you be willing to die for him? Yes.
你愿意为他而死吗? 愿意
Would you take his place in the balance sheet?
你愿意替代他在死亡登记上的位置吗?
Yes.
愿意
Don’t believe her! Would you?
别信她的!
My lord? Stand aside, sir!
站一边去!
You’ve got no right to ask. How dare you address me like that!
你们没这个权利! 你怎么敢这么对我说话!
Peter, you must obey. Well, of all the dirty tricks!
你必须服从 无♥耻♥的伎俩!
This is contempt of court. I’ll have you committed.
这是对法庭的蔑视!
Commit away. Don’t answer any more questions.
不要再回答问题了
Do you realize that by this attitude
你意识到
you’ve forfeited any chance of winning your case?
你正在丧失赢得案子的机会吗?
All right, but you won’t get June as well.
即使如此你们也不能带走June!
Your Honor, members of the jury,
法官阁下,陪审团成员们…
I’m afraid he really does love her.
我恐怕他是真的爱她
Your witness.
你的证人
June, you know me well. Do you trust me?
June,你了解我 你相信我吗?
Yes, Frank, I trust you.
是的,Frank,我相信你
It is absolutely necessary that you take Peter’s place in the other world.
你取代Peter在另一世界的位置是绝对有必要的
Have you gone mad?
你疯了吗?!
If you really love him, June, step onto this staircase and come with us.
如果你爱他,踏上楼梯,跟我们走
You are mad! It is the only way to prove your love.
你疯了! 这是唯一证明你的爱的方式
I do love him. You shan’t go.
我爱他 不!
My lord, I ask the court to restrain him. Granted.
我请求你按住他 批准
June.
June
Take care, Dr. Reeves.
保重,Reeves医生
In the whole universe, nothing is stronger than the law.
在这个宇宙中,没有什么比法律更强大
Good-bye, darling.
再见,亲爱的
Yes, Mr. Farlan, nothing is stronger than the law in the universe,
是的,Farlan先生,在宇宙中 没什么比法律更强大…
but on Earth, nothing is stronger than love.
但在地球上没什么比爱更强大
Members of the jury, as Sir Walter Scott is always saying,
陪审团成员们,正如沃尔特·司各特爵士所说…
“In peace, love tunes the shepherd’s reed.
“和平时,爱吹着牧童的短笛…
In war, he mounts the warrior’s steed.
战场上,爱骑着骏马而驰骋”
In halls, in gay attire is seen.
“厅堂间,爱化为艳丽的服饰…
In hamlets, dances on the green.
村庄里,爱起舞于绿色草坪”
Love rules the court, the camp, the grove,
“爱统治着森林、营房♥和宫闱…
and men below and saints above,
统治着人间凡夫,天上圣人”
for love is heaven and heaven is love.”
“呵,爱就是上天,上天就是爱情”
Will you please consider your verdict?
你们可以考虑你们的判决了吗?
Case for the defendant, Your Honor. Bravo!
被告胜出,法官阁下 太棒了!
The appeal is granted.
上诉得到批准
There now remains the new date on Squadron Leader Carter’s file.
Carter上校的生命档案将保持到一个新的时限

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!