当然没事 万一有事呢?
Of course l am. But what if l wasn’t?
什么意思?
What do you mean?
我圣诞夜看到你和帕斯琳在一起
l saw you with Purslane on Christmas Eve.
– 你和她同床了吗, 劳森? – 不, 你怎么会那样想?
-Are you sleeping with her, Lawson? -No. How could you think that?
因为她一天比一天迷人
Because she’s becoming more fetching every day.
因为她是个年轻女人
Because she’s a young woman.
情窦初开的女子,你我都清楚那有多好
She’s got a crush, and we both know how nice that is.
– 她只是个孩子, 鲍比 – 她18了
-She’s a kid, Bobby. -She’s 18.
我认识我太太时, 她也才有18岁
My wife was 18 when l met her.
是一见钟情
it was love at first sight.
什么事也没发 那晚…
Nothing happened. That night…
事情有点闹僵了…
things had gotten a little out of hand…
她大概有点被吓着了
and l think she was kind of frightened by it all.
她有些寒冷、寂寞
She was feeling a bit lonely and cold.
我看… 寂寞的不只是她一个人吧
Well, my guess is that she wasn’t the only one.
记住, 她是萝瑞的女儿
Just remember, she’s Lorraine’s daughter.
– 你是在嫉妒 – 那当然
-You’re jealous. -Absolutely.
靠, 我不值得花这么多钱
Shit, l ain’t worth this much.
靠, 不会吧
Fuck, no.
新奥尔良不是寒冬恣意为虐的地方
Winter never feels truly at home in New Orleans.
它像个不速之客,赖着不走…
An unwelcome visitor that shows up long enough…
教人想起 我们缺了什么…
to remind us of what we’re missing…
却又马上离去,再次被人遗忘
and leaves us just in time for us to forget again.
春天了, 我们还在
Spring, and we’re still here.
我说, 不如我们带瓶酒…
How about we grab a bottle of wine…
去河边,像以前那样,怎么样?
and go down to the river like we used to? What do you think of that?
还记得那个裸泳的大方女孩吗?
Remember that very generous girl who used to skinny-dip?
– 她叫什么名字? – 不知道
-What was her name? -l don’t know.
她又重生了
She’s born-again now.
你想,我们上天堂以后,还会住在一起吗?
Think we’ll still be living together in heaven?
要是我们进得了天堂,那所有人都能进了
if we make it to heaven, then everybody will be there…
我就大可以随便挑…
and I’ll have my pick of goddamn debauchers:
拜伦, 萨德, 海明威
Byron, de Sade, Hemingway.
那些悲情诗人加起来,也不如我有趣
I’ll be more fun than all of them whiners put together.
是啊,应该是吧
Yes, l guess you would.
– 我真的认为珀熙可以得到助学贷款 – 你能不能忘了那事?
-l really think Pursey can get financial aid. -Will you forget that?
我们教了她一切,她就可以去读个名校
She’s gonna go off to some fancy school after we taught her everything she knows.
我们却在这里变老、变丑…
We’ll still be sitting here getting older and uglier…
任何一个春天,说不定就是最后一个…
and any spring could be our last….
可恶, 我现在就想去河边
God damn it, l wanna go to the river now.
你这老不死的干嘛这么激♥情♥?
Why are you such a dramatic old bastard?
“我只是想每天好好活着
“l just want to breathe in every day.
“幸福以高度 来弥补它的短暂”
“Happiness makes up in height what it lacks in length.”
– 罗伯特‧弗斯特 – 走吧
-Robert Frost. -Come on.
你很清楚:她离开的话,就会想念我们
You know damn well she’ll miss us if she leaves.
她走了就走了,完结篇,没戏了!
if she leaves, she’s gone. Final chapter. End of story.
我想现在去河边
l want to go to the river now.
但我需要宁静 我有好多事要做…
But l need peace and quiet. l got so much to do…
为了毕业,我得写短篇小说, 或是诗什么的
to pull off this graduation. l gotta write a short story, or poem, or something.
我脑筋一片空白
l can’t think of anything.
– 我会搞砸的 – 我了解你
-I’m gonna blow the whole thing. -l know you.
– 你会做得很好的 – 再见
-You’ll be fine. -I’ll see you later.
嘿, 宝贝
Hey, babe.
我等你一整天了
I’ve been waiting for you all day.
李, 你在这里干嘛?你怎么找来的?
Lee, what are you doing here? How did you find me?
你好香啊
You smell nice.
你不请我进去吗? 我开了一整夜的车
Aren’t you gonna ask me in? l drove all night.
我给你带了这个
And l got you this.
这地方真像你住的
This place really looks like you.
那些女性杂♥志♥
All those lady magazines–
我不看那些了 我没时间
l don’t read those anymore. l don’t have the time.
你现在做什么? 服务生?
What are you doing now? You waitressing?
不, 我… 不关你的事
No, I’m…. it’s none of your business.
你一定过得很好 没有房♥租…
Man, you must be doing okay. No rent…
这里总比拖车要强
and this place definitely kicks ass over the trailer.
– 李, 你想怎么样? – 你这是什么话?
-Lee, what do you want? -What do you mean?
我只是来看看你是不是安稳…
l just came up here to make sure that you’re safe…
– 把萝瑞的白♥痴♥朋友们赶走之后 -你在说什么?
-once Lorraine’s fool friends get the boot… -What are you talking about?
那些和你一起住的家伙
Those guys that you had to share this place with.
你怎么知道我跟谁一起住?
How do you know who l live with?
有个律师寄给你一封信
Some lawyer sent you a letter.
当然, 你拆开了
Which you, of course, opened.
他们的期限快到了…
Their year is almost up…
我一直都努力向上
and I’ve been trying really hard to better myself.
– 我好想念你 – 这封信说到7月1日为止…
-I’ve missed you so much -This letter says as of July 1 …
– 我是这房♥子的唯一拥有者 – 是的, 我知道
-I’m the sole owner of this house. -Yeah, l know.
你不知道? 天哪!
You didn’t know that? Jesus Christ, man!
– 那些卑鄙的窝囊废骗了你 -他们不是窝囊废, 他们是我的…
-Those fucking scumbag losers lied– -They are not losers. They’re my….
– 是你的什么? -你不能叫他们窝囊废
-They’re your what? -You cannot call them losers.
你想… 现在我过着正经的生活,我上学…
You think that…. l have a real life now. l go to school–
– 正经的生活? – 对
-A real life? -Yeah.
和我们以前的狗屎生活大不同?
As opposed to the piece-of-shit life that we had?
你的正经生活里,大概也搞上了正经男人吧!
And l guess you got some real men in your real life, too.
骗骗小女孩,谋个安身之所的男人
Men who lie to girls so they can have a roof over their heads?
– 去你的! – 还是…
-Fuck you! -Or what…
他们是不是还有其它好处?
Are they getting something else for their trouble?
他们利用了你, 帕斯琳
They used you, Purslane.
– 就像他们利用萝瑞那样 – 滚出去
-Just like they used Lorraine. -Get out.
很好! 我大老远来见你!
That’s just fine! l came all the way up here to see you!
你上学 真是好笑
You’re in school now. That’s some funny stuff.
我要提醒你, 帕斯琳
l want you to remember something, Purslane.
杂草永远是杂草…
A weed is just a weed…
不管花有多漂亮
no matter how pretty the flower.
真♥他♥妈♥有学问, 李, 滚出去!
That’s just fucking brilliant, Lee. Get out!
究竟出什么事了?
What the hell is going on?
她一定是在打扫或是什么
She must be cleaning or something.
她把门锁上了
She locked the door.
珀熙, 开门, 亲爱的
Pursey, open up, honey.
珀熙, 是我们
Pursey, it’s us.
珀熙, 亲爱的, 开开门
Pursey, honey, open up.
– 你把门锁起来了 – 该死, 我说过 这种事迟早会发生的
-You locked the door. -God damn it, l told you this would happen.
噢, 天哪, 怎么会?
No. Oh, God. How?
走吧, 她需要点时间
Let’s go. She needs some time.
都2天了 没人见过她
Two goddamn days and no one’s seen her.
她这周末请假了
She asked for the weekend off.
踪影全无
The trail is exhausted.
雷说她今天一早来过,打了电♥话♥
Ray said she came in early this morning. Used the phone.
– 避开了我们? – 八成是有意的
-She snuck past us? -Probably on purpose.
你们这样,可没带来什么温暖啊!
You have not been very supportive in this ordeal.
你现在不是住在我家吗?要另觅温暖的话,请自便!
You’re staying with me, aren’t you? You’re welcome to go elsewhere.
我可以解决
l can rectify this.
明天她去上学,我设好闹钟,早点起床
Tomorrow she goes to school. I’ll set the alarm. Get up early.
在路上和她谈谈
Talk to her on the way.
把事情摆平
Work this whole thing out.
我们没有闹钟
We don’t have an alarm.
甜心, 我们一直在等你
Sweetheart, we’ve been waiting for you.
你觉得怎么样? 都是你喜欢的颜色
What do you think? it’s all your favorite colors.
猜猜有谁帮了忙? 有雷, 艾克, 甚至鄂尔
And guess who helped? We had Ray, and lke, and even Earl.
卖♥♥的价钱大概可以提高一点,谢了
it’ll probably add value to the selling price, so thanks.
我不知道为什么你这么快就要走
Don’t know why you have to go so soon.
我们还是朋友 我只是不想见到他们
We’ll still be friends. it’s them l wanna get away from.
你知道他们不是有意伤害你的
You know they didn’t mean to hurt you–
你为什么不从厨房♥开始呢? 我来收拾这里
Why don’t you start off in the kitchen? I’ll finish this.
“我亲爱的帕斯琳…
“My sweet Purslane…
“我正在康复中,真等不及要见你
“I am getting well and can’t wait to see you.
“时间在此似乎停滞不前…
“Time seems to stand still in these places…
“但不管过了多久,还是有好多话要说
“but somehow too much of it has passed, and there’s so much to say.
“我一直给你写信,但没有勇气寄出去
“I write to you always, but never have the courage to send my letters.
“现在我想让你看到,了解我们的过去
“I want you to have them now to give you our history.
“我想让你认识自己的父亲…
“I’d like you to know your daddy…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!