Checkmate. Let’s get out of here. We’re depressing me.
你知道吗?我想说…
You know, l wanna say something…
有关人生的问题 因为未经检证的人生…
about life, because an unexamined life…
– 不过是个… – 不值得活的人生
-is simply a life… -Not worth living.
帕斯琳, 我们的神童回来了
Purslane, our prodigy has returned.
告诉我们一切
Now, tell us everything.
亲爱的, 怎么这么早就离开学校了?
Honey, why did you leave school early?
我不属于那里
l didn’t belong there.
我很感激你们为我所做的,但我不会再回去了
l appreciate what y’all are doing, but I’m not going back.
什么?
What?
我真的需要一份工作
l really need a job.
– 你可以周末来这工作, 甜心 – 真的?
-You can work here on the weekends, sugar. -Really?
– 只要你在学校读书 – 好样的, 鄂尔
-Only if you’re in school, though. -Good one, Earl.
秋天慢慢的降临新奥尔良
Autumn comes slowly in New Orleans.
小草仍然坚持青绿…
The grass remains a stubborn green…
但天气已不再炎热
but the heat gives way to a gentle warmth.
珀熙开始跟上课业了
Pursey did begin to catch on in school.
她很惊讶 但我们没有
She was surprised. We weren’t.
我们尚未发觉日照渐短,冬季已悄然来到
Winter arrived before we realized the sunlit hours of summer had waned.
不知怎么的, 酒却傲然长存…
Somehow, the wine began to outlast the day…
存活之久,超乎大家的期盼
and that was more than anyone could have asked for.
应该有人告诉那些乡巴佬,我们路易斯安那有样东西叫冬天
Someone should have told them Creoles we got something called winter in Louisiana.
我们或许能补救他们的疏失…
We might have improved on their oversight…
因为有这个新发明,叫做「热气」
with this cool new invention called heat.
– 珀熙, 你把伏特加放哪儿了? – 你叫我藏起来的
-Pursey, where’d you put the vodka? -You told me to hide it.
没错 但你把它藏哪儿了?
l did. But where did you hide it?
我不可以告诉你的 还记得吗?
I’m not supposed to tell you, remember?
别的事 你可没这么听话呀!它在哪儿?
You don’t do anything else l tell you to do. Where is it?
劳森, 鲍比又叫我告诉他伏特加在哪儿了
Lawson, Bobby’s trying to get me to tell him where the vodka is again.
– 今天是圣诞节 – 好吧, 在后面楼梯的下面
-it is Christmas. -Whatever. it’s under the back stairs.
我敢发誓该轮到你洗衣服了
And l could have sworn it was your turn to do the laundry.
别忘了用那可爱的小熊
Don’t forget to use the cuddly bear stuff.
你不是处♥女♥, 对吗?
But you aren’t a virgin, are you?
你知道, 像这样的性骚扰…
You know, some people would call you a disgusting old man…
人家会说你是”恶老头”
for your constant sexual harassment.
我想应该是”老色鬼”;而不是”恶老头”
l believe the term is “dirty old man,” not “disgusting.”
你正是青春绽放的年纪
And you are a young, blooming bud.
– 让我把你当自己的孩子看吧! – 是吗?
-Let me live vicariously. You aren’t, are you? -Are you?
我有孩子
Well, l have children.
你怎么从来不看他们?
Why don’t you ever see them?
嗯, 问得好 但你还没回答我的问题
Well, that’s a good question. But you haven’t answered mine.
这次我可是真的想知道,别乎攸我
You know, I’m trying to be serious for once, Bobby. God.
事实是, 我希望能见他们 我想死他们了
The truth is, l wish l could see them. l miss them like hell.
在我看来 如果某人真想见自己的孩子…
it seems to me if someone wanted to see their kids…
那他就一定会去 除非他根本不在乎
then they damn well would, unless they didn’t give a shit.
你呢?
How about you?
你还记得你妈妈和你一起住的那段日子吗?
Do you remember your mother when y’all were living together?
不怎么记得
No, not really.
我以前常常试着记起她
l used to try to remember her.
任何关于她的事
Anything about her.
像她的声音, 她身上的味道, 任何事
Like her voice, the way she smelled, you know, anything.
尽我所能的去想她…
l used to think real hard….
想要记忆
wanting memories.
于是我开始编造记忆
And l just started making them up.
她刷上眼影 在镜子里对我说话…
That she was putting on her eye shadow and talking to me in the mirror…
有时,我假装…
or I’d pretend that…
她为我做了烤奶酪 上面还裹着面包脆皮
she’d make me these perfect grilled cheeses with the crusts cut off.
我曾有过各种各样编造的记忆
l had all kinds of made-up memories.
我最喜欢的一个是 她带我去看她的演出…
My favorite one was that she’d take me to see her shows…
我坐在一位绅士身边…
and l would be sitting on the side with this nice man…
他给我好喝的莎利谭宝(无酒精鸡尾酒)
who’d give me all the Shirley Temples l wanted.
我编造了许多记忆…
l made up so many memories…
我甚至开始相信 我真的记得她
l actually started to believe l was really remembering her.
但她从没来看我 所以我也忘了
But she never came for me, so l just forgot.
你知道…
You know…
停止假装
stopped pretending.
Ho, ho, ho!
– 那是真的树吗? – 天哪, 你从哪儿搞来的?
-ls that a real tree? -Lord, where did you get that?
是从一辆卡车上掉下来的
it fell off the back of a truck.
– 鬼才相信 – 好吧, 大概是Volvo车上的
-Like hell it did. -All right, maybe it was a Volvo.
我们应该把它放在显眼的地方
We should put it right up front where everybody could see.
当然了
Sure.
劳森, 洗好的衣服在哪儿?
Lawson, where’s the laundry?

Shit.
“我记得和他成为密友的那天
“l remember the day l graduated from protégé to confidant.
“他从来都不让我知道他的秘密
“He never meant to let me in on his secrets.
“他陶醉于自己的神秘
“He thrived on his own mystery.
但第一个秘密一旦揭开…
“But once the first one was discovered…
“没有多久,我们就能无所不谈了
“it wasn’t long before there were none left between us.
“在图书馆的后面…
“l was on the back steps of the library…
“我看到了他的制♥服♥… 那是刚洗好的衬衫…
“when l spotted his uniform, a freshly laundered shirt…
“复活节的颜色, 还有那该死的帽子
“the color of Easter, and that damn hat.
“他故意在校园里溜达
“He strode across campus with purpose.
“汤米显然是有备而来”
“Everything about Tommy said ready.”
– 汤米就是我, 这样你可以听懂 – 听得出来是你
-I’m Tommy, just so you can follow. -Sounds just like you.
“他差点从我身边闪过
“He almost skipped right passed me.
“帽子不错啊”, 我说…
“‘Nice hat,’ l said…
“引来了汤米的招牌笑容
“eliciting Tommy’s notorious smile.
“他见到顺眼的女人,就会露出这个笑容
“it was the same smile that he granted to each woman that caught his eye.
“这个笑容,也是他响应无聊问题的方式
“The smile that served as an answer to all undesirable questions.
“也是孩子们的小手追寻他时…
“Or the smile for one of his children…
“他给予孩子的一瞥”
“whenever he found a tiny hand reaching for his.”
不错…
That’s nice…
– 但我认为那是个病句 – 我想全都是
-but l think that might be a bad sentence. -l think they all are.
那就是他们吊在圣诞树上的原因
That’s why they’re hanging from the goddamn Christmas tree.
不, 只不过一般来说… 不太…
No, but it’s just that, normally, it’s just not on….
“汤米踏上阶梯, 一步二阶,吼着 ‘可恶…
“Tommy took the stairs, two at a time, bellowing, ‘Well, God damn…
‘如果不是南方的好儿女’
“if it isn’t the South’s next great native son.’
“我跟其它数百人一样虔敬,每周2次…
“l was only one of hundreds who came religiously twice a week…
“让教授搞得目眩神驰,他的演出,处处值得喝彩
“to be dazzled by the Professor, each performance worthy of applause.
“汤米在讲堂前 振臂疾呼…
“Tommy, at the front of the hall, waving his arms wildly…
“彷佛挥动着一条假想的套索”
“as if mastering an imaginary lasso.”
– 我比较喜欢「绳索」, 我想你… – 我喜欢「套索」
-l like “lariat” better. l think you… -l like “lasso.”
几年前, 你相信我的看法
Years ago, you trusted my opinion.
以前, 你比较让人相信
Years ago, you were easier to trust.
非常感谢你们 圣诞节快乐
Thank y’all very much. Have a Merry Christmas.
谈到阿♥拉♥巴马舞,没人比得上鲍比‧朗
Nobody can do the Alabama shuffle as good as Bobby Long…
但这个美眉 真的很会跳
but this sweet thing, she can move.
– 你为什么不一直这么讨人喜欢? – 那样我能得到什么?
-Why can’t you be this sweet all the time? -Sure, and what would that get me?
纯粹的喜乐
Pure, unadulterated joy.
– 你淫♥荡♥的双眼别死盯着我们美眉 – 什么?
-You keep your lecherous eyes off our girl. -What?
她不喜欢我 她比较喜欢劳森
She don’t like me. She likes Lawson better than she likes me.
你喜欢劳森胜过我, 不是吗?
You like Lawson better than me, don’t you?
你喝醉了
You’re drunk.
说真的,我的确醉了
You know what, l am. l really am.
没关系,劳森会带我们回家
But it’s all right, because Lawson is gonna take us home.
今晚不行,他今晚是我的
Not tonight. l got him all to myself.
你告诉他们了吗, 亲爱的?
You told them about the news, honey?
我们正考虑或许在假期之后…
We were just thinking that maybe after the holidays…
他可以搬来和我一起住 做些正经事
he could move in with me and get some more work done.
这是我们想了很久的事
it’s just something that we kicked around.
劳森不爱你
Lawson is not in love with you.
鲍比 这不关你的鸟事
Bobby, l don’t think that’s any of your damn business.
我见过他为之无法自拔的女子
I’ve seen him with a woman that he can’t get enough of.
她侵入他每一个细胞…
A woman that’s crawled into every molecule of his being…
占据了他全部的心思
that consumed his every thought…
让他全心投入、魂牵梦萦
and turned him into a creation of devotion and obsession.
我脸上有那种爱的疤痕
l have the scars of that love on my face.
你告诉过她吗?
Have you told her about that?
你告诉过她没有? 什么是真爱…
Have you told her about the difference between true love…
什么是排遣寂莫的床友
and a warm bed to pass the time away?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!