Besides…
我们都知道你不是纯洁的天使…
we all know that you ain’t no angel of purity…
不是吗, 小帕斯琳?
are you, little Purslane?
你不是曾经同时有2个男人吗? 不是吗?
Did you ever have two men at once? Have you?
那会需要买♥♥许多香烟在我们的屋子里 是这样的, 不是吗?
That would buy a lot of cigarettes in our house. it would, wouldn’t it?
住嘴!
Fuck you!
你应该是长者? 成年人
You’re supposed to be the senior male? The grownup.
我只是个小女孩 你明白吗?
I’m just a girl. Don’t you get that?
你对死去的可怜的萝瑞 神气活现的态度 真恶心
I’m so sick of your high and mighty attitude about poor, dead Lorraine.
你要教我尊敬? 谁尊敬你?
You wanna teach me about respect? Who respects you?
把你给甩了的聪明老婆 还是你从没见过的孩子?
The wife who’s smart enough to get rid of you, or the kids you never fucking see?
我早就说过的
What did l tell you about her?
噢, 天啊!
Oh, God!
你知道, 我知道你们怎么看我
You know, l know what y’all think of me.
– 学校就像是浪费时间 – 不是的
-School just seemed like a waste of time. -it’s not.
我知道 我不是笨小孩, 你知道
l know that. I’m not some dumb kid, you know.
我想正常过日子 但那并不是我的人生
l wanna be normal. it’s just not my life.
你的人生是什么? 你想要什么?
What is your life? What do you want?
如果我能做什么吗?
if l could do anything?
答应我你不会笑?
Promise you won’t laugh?
我不敢担♥保♥
l don’t know if l can promise.
我想过在医院或是什么地方工作…
Well, l thought about maybe working in a hospital or something…
做个X光技师什么的
like being an x-ray technician or something like that.
很好
Okay.
– 我可以问一下为什么吗? – 我不知道
-Can l ask why? -l don’t know.
我喜欢骨头在灯箱上的样子
l like the way bones look on a light box.
他们就像肖像, 但只在透视时才显现
They’re like portraits, but on the inside.
我知道这听起来很傻
l know it does sound totally stupid.
不, 这并不傻
No, it’s not stupid.
喂?
Hello?
喂? 有人在吗?
Hello? Is anyone there?
– 对不起 – 没关系
-Sorry. -it’s all right.
我总是忘了房♥子里还有个女人
l keep forgetting there’s a woman in the house.
有他的消息吗?
Any sign of him?
听着, 珀熙, 我想告诉你些事
Listen, Pursey, l need to tell you something.
什么, 你担心他?
What, you worried about him?
你今天干什么?
What are you doing today?
我想我会去市广场…
l thought I’d go down to the Quarter…
找工作 我还没试过那里
look for a job. l haven’t tried there yet.
需要人带你逛逛吗?
Want someone to show you around?
– 下个礼拜给我们电♥话♥ – 好的, 谢谢
-Give us a call next week. -All right, thanks.
怎么样?
Well?
或许吧, 但只是份兼♥职♥
Maybe, but only part-time.
你又不是租的房♥子 你不必全天工作
it’s not like you have rent. You don’t have to work full-time.
我一整天都不想见到鲍比 加班时间也是
l need to get away from Bobby full-time. Overtime.
或许我可以帮你从骨头肖像开始
Maybe l could help you get started on those bone portraits.
你可以得到 GED, 你知道
You can get your GED, you know.
是啊!我还能进哈佛呢!
Sure l can. Then maybe l can go to Harvard.
也许
Maybe.
你的吃相真不雅
You know, you eat like shit?
你酒喝得太凶了
You drink too much.
好吧
Okay.
什么时候让我读一下你的书呢?
Would you let me read your book sometime?
– 我可不这么想 – 为什么不呢?
-l don’t think so. -Why not?
– 大部分都是垃圾 – 你写了多久了?
-Most of it ends up in the trash. -How long you been writing it?
很久, 但还不够久
Too long, and not long enough.
– 你大学毕业了吗? – 是的, 小姐
-Did you graduate from college? -Yes, ma’am, l did.
而且还很荣幸,成了鲍比‧朗的助教
With the privilege of becoming Bobby Long’s teaching assistant.
你们为什么离开学校?
Why did y’all leave that school?
太复杂了 有许多原因
it’s complicated. So many reasons.
说一个吧
Tell me one.
许多事都发生的太突然
A lot happened real fast…
新奥尔良, 所有的这一切…
and New Orleans, all this…
现在看来 倒有几分浪漫
it sort of seemed romantic at the time.
是吗?
ls it?
浪漫吗?
ls it romantic?
你会感觉到的
it has its moments.
你真的会帮我得到GED?
Would you really help me get my GED?
真的
Yes, l really would.
– 为什么? – 为什么不呢?
-Why? -Why not?
没有其它事情可以做
Don’t have anything else to do.
你可以不要喝这么多吗?
Would you quit drinking so much?
为什么?
Why?
为什么不呢? 反正也没其它事可做
Why not? You don’t have anything else to do.
好的
All right.
好的
All right.
那么, 他在哪儿, 那个狗♥娘♥养♥的?
So, where is he, the son of a bitch?
很可能在某个酒吧 咕哝着他是多么地被误解
Probably on some barstool somewhere, whining about how misunderstood he is.
除了为担心鲍比‧朗 你还有更重要的事情要做
You’ve better things to do than waste another day worrying about Bobby Long.
他没有 我们今天玩得很愉快,不是吗?
He didn’t. We had a nice day, didn’t we?
是的
Yeah.
来吧, 亲爱的, 我们最好回家了
Come on, darling, we better get home.
回家见
See you at home.
2间房♥ 对你们来说一定太挤了
it must be getting pretty crowded for you, only two rooms.
你的工作怎么样, 甜心? 那里没有隐私
What about your work, sugar? There’s no privacy there.
你可以待在我这里
You could stay at my place.
你能考虑一下吗?
Will you think about it?
我回来了
I’m back.
你们见到我不高兴吗?
Aren’t you people glad to see me?
– 不 – 你应该来个电♥话♥
-No. -You might have called.
好吧, 那问问我 比如:
Well, then ask me. Say:
“鲍比, 你给我带了什么?”
“Bobby, what have you brought me?”
你在赌场赢钱了吗?
Biloxi?
你玩牌戏?还是吃角子老虎?
Video poker or nickel slots?
– 我的车呢? – 我卖♥♥了
-Man, where’s my car? -l sold it.
珀熙, 放点音乐 我们要庆祝一下
Now, Pursey, go put some music on. We’re gonna celebrate.
– 什么? – 我把它卖♥♥了, 我们不需要车
-You what? -l sold it. We didn’t need a car.
这是瓶纯麦芽酒 你上次喝这个是多久以前的事了?
This is a single malt. When was the last time you had a single malt?
– 多少钱? – 300美金
-For how much? -$300.
你把我的车卖♥♥了 就为了这300块?
You fucking sold my car for fucking $300?
你是不是真的疯了?
Have you lost your goddamn mind completely?
收起你的拳头
Just hold that punch.
现在, 你记住…
Now, you remember…
我的脸破了
l have a broken face.
现在, 我没钱
Now, l didn’t have any money.
因为你的支票在这
That’s because your check is here.
还有这个, 律师给的 是时候告诉她了
And this, too. From the lawyer. it’s time to tell her.
我等你来…. 你♥他♥妈♥的在干什么?
l waited for you to get the…. What the fuck are you doing?
给我5分钟,然后再做你认为正确的事
You give me five minutes, and then you do what you think is right.
看看你把一切变得多好!
Well, look how nice you changed everything.
早知道没有电视,你就会读书,我该早点把它砸掉的
I’d have destroyed that TV weeks ago if I’d known it would drive you to Steinbeck.
好吧, 现在有件事要告诉你们
All right, now, l have something to tell y’all.
来吧, 坐下
Come on in, sit down.
来吧, 伙计, 坐…
Come on, man, sit….
别再想那辆破车了, 坐下吧!
Will you stop grieving about that hunk of shit and sit down?
我要站着
I’ll stand.
好吧, 闭上眼睛
All right, close your eyes.
– 闭上眼睛, 伙计 – 我不会闭上眼睛的
-Close your eyes, man. -I’m not closing my goddamn eyes.
别这样, 劳森
Come on, Lawson. Christ.
好吧, 现在
All right, now.
可以睁开眼睛了, 亲爱的
You can open them now, darling.
感谢一位好老师…
Courtesy of a lovely teacher…
曾经深受鲍比‧朗作品的感动
Whose heart once found Bobby Long cause enough to skip a beat or two.
“兹证明帕斯琳‧霍米尼‧威尔…
“To certify that Purslane Hominy Will…
“已经完成了11年级…
“has successfully completed the 11th grade…
“现在被推荐进入12年级”
“and is recommended to the 12th grade.”
“除了成长, 我们活着何益?”
“Why stay we on earth except to grow?”
罗伯特‧布朗宁
Robert Browning.
你在高年级课程中,一定会读到他的诗
He’s definitely your run-of-the-mill senior-year poet.
你是为了道歉…
ls this really your idea of an apology…
还是想打败他的GED的主意?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!