All growed up.
他平常不是这样的 他只是为萝瑞难过 我们都是
He’s not usually such a jackass. He’s just upset about Lorraine. We all are.
他是对的 你知道 我不能待在这
He’s right, you know. l can’t stay here.
这真的很滑稽, 事实上 我的祖母经常谈起…
it’s pretty funny, actually. My grandma was always talking about…
萝瑞为我修缮的漂亮小屋
the pretty little house Lorraine was fixing up for me…
我想那只是骗小孩的鬼话吧
and l guess that was the Ernest & Julio talking.
这样很好
it’s fine.
– 这里没有真正的惊喜 – 医院送来的她的东西
-There’s no real surprises here. -The hospital sent her stuff.
萝瑞想把这些给你
Lorraine would want you to have these.
他们一直跟着她
They went everywhere she did.
她爱这些书
She loved those books.
我想我可以在廉价市场或是 什么地方把他们卖♥♥掉
l guess l could unload them at a flea market or something.
– 我来帮你 – 不, 我一个人可以
-Here, I’ll help you out. -No, I’m fine.
我真的想去参加葬礼的 我只是没收到他的消息
l really did want to come to the funeral. l just never got his message.
那女孩看起来和萝瑞如此相像
That girl looks so much like Lorraine.
我还记得你第一次带我去看她唱歌♥
l remember the first time you took me to see her sing.
那是我在新奥尔良的第一次
it was my first time in New Orleans.
是如此令人印象深刻
l was so taken.
你有点被蒙蔽了
You were kind of sheltered.
被那笔巨大的财富给迷住了
Choked by that silver spoon.
她是如此美丽
l thought she was so beautiful.
没错
She was.
你们还要什么?
What else can l get you boys?
以前有人告诉过你 你笑起来就像春天的巴黎女人吗?
Did anyone ever tell you that you smell like a Parisian woman in springtime?
每天至少一次 你们都要吃吗?
Every day, at least once. Y’all gonna eat?
律师随时可以找到她
The lawyer could get to her at any time.
那又怎么样? 遗嘱上说我们可以待一年
So what? The will says we can stay for a year.
我可以走了吗?
Should l just come back?
你知道春天巴黎女人的气味是多么致命吗?
Do you know how lethal the smell of a Parisian woman in springtime is?
那远没有一个不屑一顾的 路易斯安那州的女人致命
Not nearly as lethal as a Louisiana woman who don’t give a shit.
-鸡蛋和熏肉, 女士 2份 – 请在上面加点奶酪, 亲爱的
-Eggs and bacon, ma’am. Both of us. -Cheese on our grits, darling. Please.
你真♥他♥妈♥的无♥耻♥
You are fucking shameless.
你为什么不睡在床上, 甜心
Why didn’t you use the bed, sweetheart?
– 哦, 天哪 – 我本来可以进来偎依着你的
-Oh, God. -l could have come in and cuddled with you.
那样真不错
That would have been fine with me.
– 我们可以亲热亲热 – 省省吧
-We could have spooned together. -Save it.
你为什么给她这个?
Why’d you give her this?
这故事很棒…
This is stories of misfits…
看不见的人物 很漂亮
invisible people. it’s beautiful.
你读过了吗?
Have you ever read it?
你读过任何书吗?
Have you ever read any book?
萝瑞不知道她自己是个很棒的诗人
Lorraine didn’t know she was a poet.
我真的很喜欢…
l really do enjoy…
培养灵感
fostering inspiration.
劳森是个作家, 也很棒
Lawson’s a writer. A fine one, too.
真的?
Really?
他正在写一本关于我的书
He’s writing a book about me.
真不错
That’s fascinating.
“第一章: 我起床, 喝个酩酊大醉, 然后昏倒
“Chapter 1 : l got up, l got drunk, l passed out.
– “第二章: 我起床, 喝个酩酊大醉–” – 你真聪明可爱
-“Chapter 2: l got up, l got drunk–” -Lovely and witty.
你能使富人难堪, 小女孩
You’re an embarrassment of riches, little girl.
哪间房♥是我的?
Which room is mine?
我需要一个住的地方 你们说我有这个权利
I’ll need a place to stay, and y’all said l had a right.
我想我会一直住到你们厌烦离开的那天
Just figured I’d stay here until you get fed up and leave.
我们不会离开, 永远不会!
We are never leaving. Never!
– 你最好想都别想 – 她应该用萝瑞的房♥间
-And don’t even get it in your mind. -She should have Lorraine’s room.
– 我就待在这里和你凑或一下 – 好的, 很好
-I’ll stay out here. I’ll bunk with you. -Okay, fine.
你♥他♥妈♥的疯了吗?
Are you fucking crazy?
这样总比她到处瞎窜 最后发现真♥相♥好
Better than her poking around and finding out the truth.
她撑不了多久的 你要相信我
She won’t last. You’re gonna make sure of that.
此外, 你一直抱怨你的床太冷了
Besides, you’re always complaining how your bed is so cold.
你对我来说太瘦了
You’re too skinny for me.
– 嗯, 你们真是住在书堆里了? – 大多数都是鲍比的
-So, y’all are really into books? -They’re mostly Bobby’s.
– 英文教授的家当 – 他?
-That’s the plumage of an English professor. -Him?
– 教授? – 是的, 他是个很好的教授
-A professor? -Yeah, he was a good one.
那你, 你真是作家?
And you, you’re really a writer?
鲍比认为我是
Bobby likes to think l am.
这些盒子都是萝瑞的, 所以…
These boxes are all Lorraine’s, so….
所以怎么样?
So what?
– 我很了解你的母亲 – 有多了解?
-l knew your mother pretty well. -How well?
她是个很难懂的女人 但她始终把通向她心灵的那扇大门敞开着
She was hard to understand, but she kept the door to her heart open.
我听说那更像一扇旋转门, 对吗?
The way l heard it, it was more of a revolving door, wasn’t it?
帕斯琳‧霍米尼‧威尔
Purslane Hominy Will.
你怎么知道我的名字?
How come you know my name?
我知道很多关于你的事
l know a lot about you.
你妈妈和我从小就很亲近
Your mama and l were close since we were young.
我还帮忙给你取的名字
l helped name you.
你妈妈认为你是金色的太阳
Your mama thought you were golden…
所以我们就以黄花和小麦给你取了名字
so we named you after yellow flowers and corn.
就是这里的你
This is you here:
漂亮的, 金色的帕斯琳
pretty, golden purslane.
帕斯琳实际上是杂草, 你知道
Purslane’s really a weed, you know.
我9岁的时候一个邻居告诉我的 然后我把他地里的西红柿都踩烂了
A neighbor told me when l was 9 and l ran over his tomato plants.
他说所有的园丁都恨帕斯琳
He said all gardeners hate purslane.
是的, 还有蒲公英
Yeah, and dandelions.
那并没有阻止孩子们向他们许愿
it doesn’t stop kids from making wishes on them.
帕斯琳是腋生的花
Purslane’s an axillary bloom.
太阳下山的时候它就凋谢了
it closes up when the sun goes down.
谢谢
Thanks.
天啊
Damn.
我上次见你的时候, 你还是个孩子
Last time l saw you, you were teeny.
这里有谁不记得我和萝瑞的关系吗? 我是唯一的例外吗?
ls there anyone here who doesn’t remember me with Lorraine, or am l the only one?
我在你这个年纪的时候, 她在这里唱歌♥ 那时她真算得上个人物
She used to sing here. l was about your age. She was something.
– 我真抱歉 – 别这样
-I’m so sorry. -Don’t be.
我要红豆、饭和一杯啤酒, 谢谢
I’ll have red beans and rice and a beer, please.
我听说你要住在鲍比和劳森那里一段时间?
l hear you’ll be staying at Bobby and Lawson’s for a while?
不, 我会无限期的住在萝瑞的家
No, I’ll be staying at Lorraine’s indefinitely.
– 你9月份开学吗? – 不
-Will you be starting school in September? -No.
我不上学, 我做服务生 你这里需要一个吗?
l don’t go to school. l waitress. You need one?
不, 这里就我和鄂尔叔叔
No, just me and Uncle Earl.
他们知道你不上学?
They know you’re not going to school?
他们都精疲力尽了 只会在那里抱怨没有伏特加和香烟
They’re all torn up about it. Ranks up there with being out of vodka and cigarettes.
Mother, go make my bed
Make it long and narrow
My true love died for me yesterday
I shall die for him tomorrow
She was buried in the church house yard
And he was buried there beside her
And from his grave grew roses red
From hers grew greenbriers
They grew and they grew so very high
Till they could grow no higher
And at the top grew a true lover’s knot
Twined with greenbriers
各位, 这是萝瑞的女儿 珀熙 她要和我们住一阵子
Y’all, this is Lorraine’s daughter, Pursey. She’s gonna stay with us for a while.
过来吧
Come on in.
– 你长得真漂亮 – 谢谢
-You grew up real pretty. -Thank you.
自在点, 亲爱的
Make yourself at home, darling.
我是露茜 这是我的好朋友, 雷
I’m Ruthie. My gentleman friend, Ray.
26年了
Here 26 years.
放松, 宝贝 喝杯啤酒
Go on and relax, baby. Drink your beer.
找到什么了吗?
Find anything?
我填了一些申请书
l filled out a few applications.
你让那个新来的年轻小妞和你一起住?
You let that fresh young thing live with you?
她是新来的, 没错
She’s fresh, all right.
我记得每天晚上有新人来时 你就成了女人私处的磁石
l remember when there was a new one every night. Y’all was pussy magnets.
你们是谁打呼就像个火车?
Which one of y’all snores like a goddamn train?
鲍比, 如果他平躺着 你就得把他转个身
Bobby. if he’s on his back, you have to turn him over.
我在健康频道看到… 要治好打鼾的人…
l saw this program on the Medical Channel that you can cure people of snoring…
可以把他们的喉咙切开
by cutting their throats open.
我真想给你们讲个故事
l believe that l do have a story for you gentlemen.
安静 鲍比要讲故事了
Quiet. Bobby’s gonna tell a story.
我小时候, 总和比我年长的男孩混在一起
When l was growing up, l always hung around boys a couple years older than me.
有一个夏天 我不知道10还是11岁
And this one summer, l was, l don’t know, 10 or 11 .
我们像阿♥拉♥巴马的男孩们一样
And we were doing all the normal things that boys in Alabama do.
钓鱼…
We were fishing…
打球, 游泳, 打架

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!