I’ve got the haddock. Now, what were you saying?
又是一本书啊亲爱的 这次读的是什么?
Oh, another book, dear? What is it this time?
没什么 就是公路图
Nothing. Just a road map.
那弗撸德是谁
Who’s “Frood,” then?
他是…导航方面的专家 非常有趣
He’s an expert on…navigation. Very interesting.
他对于导航的理论 你懂的 经度和…
His theories on navigation, you see. Longitude and…
– 纬度 这类东西吧 – 好吧 我不想懂了
– Latitude. That sort of thing. – Ah, well. That’s enough of that.
我们还是带着这条黑线鳕去Richers夫人那儿吧
Let’s get back to Mrs Richers with this haddock.
好嘞
Right.
接下来的几年时间发生了很多
Quite a lot happened over the next few years.
与Rita Blake之间的一场灾难式性经验
A disastrous sexual experiment with Rita Blake,
我与另一个男生的第一次爱情经历
my first love affair with another boy.
和球队守门员一起往门柱里塞蜗牛 偷鸡的修女
Stuffing snails into a gatepost with the net boy, the hen-stealing nuns,
猪屎福雷曼
Pig-Shit Freeman,
Chamberlain小姐连着选的三任女生代表都怀上了
Miss Chamberlain’s three consecutive head girls pregnant,
我就射♥精♥问题向生物老师的提问
my questions about ejaculation to the biology master,
球场管♥理♥员♥Albert
Albert the groundsman,
我和Mark Collins在数学课上牵手了
me holding hands with Mark Collins in a maths class,
把John Wilder漆成了黑色
painting John Wilder black,
具粉霜的爱斯基摩人内尔(情♥色♥片)
Pruinose Eskimo Nell,
Le Beau Vatten先生(没查到梗)
Monsieur Le Beau Vatten,
以及撸在了老处♥女♥们的生日蛋糕上
and elderly spinsters’ wanking-off birthday cakes.
但是这样的细节无需赘述 大家的童年生活都差不多
But such trivia needs no elaboration. One childhood is much like another.
那些想从一堆基本属于虚构的回忆描述中分♥析♥出死者个性
Amateur psychologists who think it clever to explain the character of the later man
并以此为傲的业余心理学家们
for a jumble of largely fictitious memories
0,0,
还是去别人的自传里去翻找他们要的料吧
can ferret for their filth in other people’s autobiographies.
猴子乐园

富丽庄园
时间跳到1960年的春天
In the spring of nineteen sixty-splunge,
John Cleese和Graham Chapman
John Cleese and Graham Chapman
想着要新开一个电视节目
thought they might like to do another television program.
在伦敦的另一头 Michael Palin, Terry Jones和Eric Idle
In another part of London, Michael Palin, Terry Jones and Eric Idle,
还有一个美国逃兵 这谁忍♥心怪他呢
and an American draft dodger, and who can blame him,
叫作Terry Vance Gilliam的 也想着要做
called Terry Vance Gilliam thought they would too.
我吗 我还是想着这节目应该叫“猫头鹰拉伸时间”
Me? Hmm-mm. I still like “owl stretching time”.
当然这只是我的个人看法 换Terry Jones来说
Of course, it was my idea. Terry Jones.
还有好多只有威尔士人才能发出的声音
And lots of noises only the Welsh can make.
我还是更喜欢 “一匹马 一个桶 还有一把勺”
I still like “a horse, a bucket and a spoon”.
这是他的建议 J Cleese说
His suggestion. J Cleese.
听着 你个威尔士佬 我们两个小时前就否决了
Look, you Welsh git. We discarded that about two hours ago.
哎 去你♥妈♥的♥
Oh, fucking hell!
我记得我当时对电视剧的命名之争不是特别感兴趣来着
I remember not being particularly interested in the debate about titles.
我放弃学医 难道就是为了这种小事儿吗?
Had I given up medicine for trivia such as this?
– 我们难道不能讨论事情了吗? – 可以的
– Aren’t we able to talk about things? – Yes.
但是非得这样没完没了的讨论下去 还要用这么尖的嗓门吗?
But do we have to go on about it in such a high-pitched voice?
John Cleese像刚发表完观点的出庭律师一样大笑
John Cleese guffaws like a banister having made his point.
这让Terry Jones不爽到差点动手了
This winds Terry Jones up to near violence.
我当然要说个不停啊 这事儿太他妈重要了
Of course I go on about it. It’s fucking important.
Terry 你是不是愿意承认
Terry, would you or would you not say
我们其余所有人都说了我们不喜欢这个名字
that the rest of us have already agreed that we don’t like it?
和他一贯的脾气一样 T Jones拿无生命物体发泄完了脾气之后
Characteristic of his temperament, T Jones calms down instantly,
就立刻冷静了下来
having vented his spleen on inanimate objects.
我还是喜欢”猫头鹰拉伸时间” 换M Palin说
I still like “owl stretching time.” M Palin.
不要 我不怎么喜欢这个名字了 我更喜欢”性和暴♥力♥”
No, I’ve gone off that a bit. I prefer “sex and violence”,
但是我觉得Terry说的“一匹马 一个桶 还有一把勺”也不赖
But I think Terry’s got a point about “a horse, a bucket and a spoon.”
哎呦不好意思Graham 本段全都是你来配音的对吧
Oh, sorry, Graham. You’re doing all the voices in this bit, aren’t you?
我还是闭嘴好了
I’ll shut up.
M Palin说
M Palin.
不要 我不怎么喜欢这个名字了 我更喜欢”性和暴♥力♥”
No, I’ve gone off that a bit. I prefer “sex and violence”,
但是我觉得Terry说的“一匹马 一个桶 还有一把勺”也不错
but Terry’s got a point about “a horse, a bucket and a spoon”.
这名字还是拉倒吧
Oh, come off it.
所以最后决定叫它
And so it was decided to call it
巨蟒剧团之飞行马戏团
Monty Python’s Flying Circus.
剑桥 一个建立在毫无特色平淡无奇土地上的大学城
Cambridge, a university town built in a featureless, flat landscape.
实在是太没有特色了
So featureless, in fact,
让你不禁思考 为什么有人选这里建任何东西
you wonder why anyone chose it as a location for anything.
圣约翰斯的壮观
The magnificence of St John’s,
圣三一的华丽
the noteworthy splendour of Trinity,
堤岸只能用魁伟来形容
the sheer portliness of the banks
到处都是高墙 半吊子贵族精英们躲在墙后
and some very high walls, behind which a semi-aristocratic elite
躲开尘世喧嚣 去彼此房♥间里来上一杯雪莉酒
could hide from the outside world and go to each other’s rooms for sherry.
然后欣赏一下这壮观
And gazing at the magnificent,
华丽 魁伟的国王学院教堂
noteworthy, sheer splendour of the portly King’s College chapel,
除了那些真正厌倦于到处旅行的人 大家都会停下来想想
it would be a world-weary traveller indeed who did not pause to think,
“他们就特么不能把整个大学城往右建两英寸吗?”
“Why the fuck didn’t they build the whole town two inches to the right?”
抱歉哈!
Sorry!

-禁止使用裸♥露♥明火 (或者任何形式的裸♥露♥!)
停 大家都停下 好了
Stop! Everybody stop! Right.
要是我再看见哪个脑残在明火上加热乙♥醚♥
If I find any more of you bloody idiots heating up ether over an open flame,
我就…我就弄死你!
l’ll…l’ll kill you!
我堂堂经历过两次世界大战的军♥火♥专家
I haven’t been a munitions expert in two world wars
不想死在你们这些无知的蠢货的手里
to get slaughtered by a load of ignorant tits!
不知道自己在干什么的 就滚出去
If you don’t know what you’re doing, get out!
好了 Chapman 我们来看啊
So, Chapman, let’s see.
你打橄榄球是吗?
Oh, now, do you play rugby?
我以前是Melton Mowbray校队的 首发
I play for Melton Mowbray, first team.
你打哪个位置啊?
What position do you play?
锁球队员
Second row.
太好了 我们正想找一个锁球
That’s good. We need a second row.
很好 我们九月开学见
Absolutely. We’ll see you in September.
就是还有一个小问题 走走形式的
There is just one small matter, of course. Just a formality.
你的中学高级水平考试结果 你考了三门吗
Your A-level results here. You’re taking three A-levels?
– 是的 – 你物理能考过吗
– Oh, yes, yes. – Will you pass physics?
不能
No.
为什么啊?
Why not?
呃…我不确定
Uh…well, I’m not sure.
不确定吗 那就是说你也拿不准?
Not sure, eh? That means you’re in doubt?
– 也不是… – 你是说是吗?
– Well, no… – Do you mean yes?
呃…是的
Uh… Yes.
所以是有可能考过的?
So a pass may be possible, eh?
是的有可能
Uh, yes. Possible.
– 甚至是很可能? – 这个吧…
– Probable, even?- Well, I, uh…
我们来换个问法
Let me put it another way.
你会不会挂?
Are you going to fail?
不会
No.
不会?
No?
怎么样啊?
How did it go?
还行吧
Oh, fine.
别忘了 我还要考过物理才行
Mind you, I’ve got to pass physics.
你肯定考得过的 对吧?
Well, you’ll do that, won’t you?
我觉得到了现在这种关键时刻
I think at about this juncture,
我们想要向没有发觉的观众朋友指出
it would be wise to point out to those of you who haven’t noticed,
这非常明显的一点
and god knows it’s apparent enough,
Jonathan Miller和我出身良好
Jonathan Miller and myself come from good families
有幸受过公学教育
and have had the benefits of a public school education.
而团队中的另两个人
Whereas the other two members of the cast
是从工薪阶层一步一步爬上来的
have worked their way up from working-class origins.
尽管如此 我和Jonathan还是和他们一起表演
And yet Jonathan and I are working together with them in the cast…
…而且还平等地对待他们
…and treating them as equals.
我想说事实证明 对我们两个来说
And I’d like to say it’s proving to be a most enjoyable,
这是最为让人享受 值回票价 且具有新意的经历
worthwhile and stimulating experience for both of us.
– 你觉得呢 Jonathan? – 当然 我印象深刻
– Wouldn’t you agree, Jonathan? – Certainly is. I’m most impressed.
是…是你的成绩
It’s…it’s your results.
结…结果…结果怎么样?
What… What does it… What does it say?
结果说…它说…
It says… It says…
全过了 那就是说你被录取了对吧?
Three passes! That means you’re in, doesn’t it?
干得好啊 Graham
Well done, Graham.
我被剑桥的伊曼纽尔学院录取了
I have been accepted by Emmanuel College.
我买♥♥了礼服 几条社团领带
I’ve bought a gown, several club ties,
旧时绅士专属的领带,表征佩戴者属于某组织或某大学
穿着粗呢大衣走来走去 手里还握个烟斗 装作聪明的样子
walked around in a tweed suit with a pipe and tried to look clever.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!