I can’t help myself.
而这些人真的会
And these people will
剥光你的衣服
Iiterally taKe the clothes off your bacK.
你要我们怎么办
What are we supposed to do?
他跟我们保证他的主人 也就是你 会付我们钱
He assured us that you,his liege,would pay us.
你是什么人来着
And who are you?
彼得 卑微的免罪符小贩
Peter,a humble pardoner
和宗教遗物供应商
and purveyor of religious relics.
他欠了多少钱
How much does he owe?
十个金币
Ten gold florins.
你这蠢蛋
You manKy git!
-痛吧 痛死好了 -快把他拉开
– Pain! Pain! TaKe the pain! – Get him off me!
华特 放开他
Wat,let him go!
如果我不付钱 你会对他怎样
What would you do to him if I was to refuse?
我们会谨代表上帝
We,on behalf of the Lord God
要他用命来还 好让他了解
will taKe it from his flesh so that he may understand
赌博是有罪的
that gambling is a sin.
别这样
Oh,come on.
威廉 求求你
Please,Will.
求你帮我好吗 乌瑞克爵士
Please,will you help me,Sir Ulrich?
我保证你不会后悔的
I promise you won’t regret it.
我没那么多钱
I don’t have the money.
放了他
Release him
把衣服还他吧
and give him bacK his clothes.
你们会拿到钱的
And you’ll get it.
没问题
Done.
你说谎
You lied.
对 我说谎 我是作家 我对真话的定义很广泛
Yes,I lied. I’m a writer. I give the truth scope!
看哪 我的乌瑞克冯利顿斯坦大人
Behold my Lord Ulrich von Lichtenstein,son of
-太迟了 他要出场了 -好吧
– Too late. He’s been announced. – Fine.
先击中十下者为胜 先由乌瑞克爵士受击
Ten blows by sword. Sir Ulrich to receive first.
击中了
StriKe!
击中了
StriKe!
别再让他打中你了
Stop letting him hit you!
闭嘴 闭嘴
Shut up! Shut up!
沃特罗令爵士得两分
Two striKes for Sir Walter Loring!
换乌瑞克爵士出剑
Sir Ulrich to striKe!
-该你了 -加油
– Now it’s your turn! – Come on!
击中了
StriKe!
那是我教他的 是我教他的
I taught him that! That’s me!
乌瑞克爵士以五比二获胜
Sir Ulrich prevails,five striKes to two!
好耶
Yes!
看哪 我的乌瑞克大人 他稳若磐石 耸立如泰山
Behold my Lord Ulrich! The rocK! The hard place!
他像盖德兰来的一阵风 横扫而过
LiKe a wind from Gelderland,he sweeps by!
从他的家乡吹袭过来 寻求胜利和荣耀
Blown far from his homeland in search of glory and honor!
我们行走在他引发的骚动中
We walK in the garden of his turbulence!
好耶
Yeah!
-你是冠军 -剑术之冠
– You’re champion. – Of the sword.
我们不就是为此而来吗 走吧
Isn’t that why we’re here? Come on.
想碰碰他吗 你们想碰碰他吗
Do you want to touch him? Do you want to touch him?
我们应该留点钱修盔甲的
We should’ve saved our money for the blacKsmith.
我现在没钱付你
I can’t pay you noW
-但我保证会付 只要 -不行 钱
– but I promise I will,just as – No! Money.
-请问一下 -拿钱来再说 光说没用
– Excuse me. – Cash first,not promises.
离开吧
Go on.
先生 请问一下
Excuse me,sir.
去蹄铁匠那里试试吧
You might try the farris.
女的
A woman?
大人 乞丐是没得选的
Beggars cannot be choosers,my lord.
谢谢
ThanK you.
-请问一下 -我不做白工
– Excuse me. – I don’t worK for free.
-盔甲破损我无法比赛 -那是你的问题 不是我的
– I can’t joust with broKen armor. – That’s your problem,not mine.
我流的每一滴汗都有价钱
Each drop of this sweat has a price on it.
好吧 他们叫我 别傻到来问你
Just as well. They told me I was daft to even asK.
-谁 -其他的盔甲匠
– Who? – The other armorers.
他们是不是说我修不好 因为我是女人
Did they say I couldn’t do it because I’m a woman?
他们说你擅长的是马蹄铁 不是盔甲
They said you’re good with horseshoes,not armor.
没人提什么女人不女人的
No one mentioned you being a woman.
猫肉 热酒
Cat’s meat! Hot Wine!
猫肉 热酒
Cat’s meat! Hot Wine!
小姐 我会为你 赢得这场锦标赛的
Lady,I will win this tournament for you.
不 是我会为你而赢
Nay! I will win for you.
容我介绍阿德玛伯爵
May I present Count Adhemar
法国长枪赛的优胜者 圣埃米里翁大赛的冠军
winner of the joust in France and champion at Saint- Emilion.
在基♥督♥教世界最美的女子面前 那一切都无足轻重了
All forgotten when standing before the most beautiful woman in Christendom.
伯爵 你只是装个样子 或是真的在打仗
Do you only pretend to fight,Count Adhemar,or wage real war as well?
我是自♥由♥连队的领导人 我的军队在法国南部
I am leader of the free companies. My army is in southern France.
杰夫 那就是我仰慕的女人
Geoff,it’s my lady.
-威廉 你目标定太高了 -我没有其他的目标了
– William,you aim too high. – I don’t Know any other way to aim.
-专心 -我该跟她说些什么
– Concentrate. – What should I say to her?
你对枪术比赛有何看法
What do you thinK of the joust?
非常唐突
It’s very abrupt.
规则我也不了解
And I don’t understand the rules.
那就让我来教你
Then I shall educate you.
一场比赛分三回合
A match is three lances.
击中对手腰颈之间而断枪 得一分
One point is given for breaKing a lance between the waist and necK.
击落面甲而断枪 得两分 这很困难
Two points for breaKing on the helmet. It’s difficult.
面甲会弹回来 所以多半只是一闪而过
The helmet sweeps bacK. Most blows glance off.
让对手落地得三分
Three points for bearing a rider to the ground.
而且 如果你让对手落地 他的马就是你的了
Also,if you bear a rider to the ground,you win his horse.
有人在枪术比赛中丧命吗
Do men die in the joust?
长枪头是装上了冠状的钝器
Lance points are tipped with coronals,which blunts them.
当然 难免会有意外
Of course,accidents happen.
约瑟琳 而我本身从未落马过
I myself,Jocelyn,have never been unhorsed.
我也是
Nor have l.
小姐 您的大名
Your name,lady.
我还是需要知道
I still need to hear it.
猎人先生 你还真坚持
Sir Hunter,you persist.
或许天使没有名字 只有美丽的脸庞
Perhaps angels have no names. Only beautiful faces.
请问你是
And you are?
我是 嗯
I am,um.
你忘了吗
Have you forgotten?
或者你就叫”嗯”爵士
Or your name is Sir”Um.”
乌瑞克冯利顿斯坦 来自盖德兰
Ulrich von Lichtenstein from Gelderland.
我也会记不住 真难念啊
I’d forget as well. What a mouthful.
-先生 您的盔甲 -怎么样
– Your armor,sir. – What about it?
您真时髦 穿这么件古董 若您获胜 定会创造新风潮
How stylish of you to wear an antique. You’ll start a new fashion if you win.
那样我祖父就能 再度穿他的旧衣外出了
My grandfather will be able to wear his in public again.
还有盾牌 多有趣啊
And a shield. How quaint.
有些穷乡僻壤的骑士 只比平民好一点点
Some of these poor country Knights,little better than peasants.
华勒斯
the second son
普西佛爵士 沃里克的第三伯爵的二公子
of Sir Wallace Percival,third Earl of WarwicK.
各位大人 小姐
My lords,my ladies
很荣幸向各位介绍 我的主人
it is with honor I introduce my liege
汤玛斯寇维尔爵士
Sir Thomas Colville.
你很行
You’re good.
你非常行
You’re very good.
各位大人
My lords
各位小姐
my ladies
以及其他 没有座位的诸位
and everybody else here not sitting on a cushion
今天
today
在场的各位是平等的
you find yourselves equals.
因为你们同样都受到神佑
For you are all equally blessed.
因为我很自豪
For I have the pride
很荣幸 不 是很高兴
the privilege,nay,the pleasure
位各位介绍一位 由骑士世家出身的骑士
of introducing to you a Knight sired by Knights.
他的血统可追溯至
A Knight who can trace his lineage bacK
查理曼大帝之前的时代
beyond Charlemagne.
我初次遇见他
I first met him
是在耶路撒冷附近的山顶
atop a mountain near Jerusalem
他向上帝祈祷