我可否说您也是 一个真正民♥主♥的人
and may I say so, Sir, a true democrat.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
我希望你能和我夫人握下手
I’d like you to shake hands with my wife.
甜心,这位是陛下…
Honey, this is His Majesty…
噢,对不起,国王, 请问您尊姓大名
pardon me, King, what is your last name?
对了,夏道夫国王
That’s it, King Shahdov!
噢,荣幸之极
How do you do?
我可否请您为我儿子签个名?
Could I have your autograph for my little boy?
当然,哦,你有纸吗?
Yes, by all means. Have you a piece of paper?
我只有纸巾
I only have a Kleenex.
也行笔呢?
That’ll do. A pen?
我没有笔
No, I don’t have a pen.
甜心,你没有笔他怎么能写字
How do you expect a man to write if you ain’t got a pen?
我希望这不会把您的笔写坏
I sure hope it doesn’t ruin your pen.
哦,能不能替我签个名?
Sir, can I have your autograph please?
请告诉我们详细的消息
Will you let us have the details?
– 又有邮件,先生。 – 噢,放在隔壁
– More mail, Sir. – Take them in the next room.
电♥话♥响了一个星期了
That telephone’s been ringing for a week now.
一刻也不得安宁
We haven’t had a moment’s peace.
会尽快通知你
We’ll let you know in due course.
是朱尼泊眼药水公♥司♥想知道 您是否接受五千块去上他们节目
Juniper Eyewash Company offering $5,000 to appear on their program.
– 朱尼泊什么? – 眼药水公♥司♥
– Juniper what? – Eyewash.
这里还有王牌巨啤公♥司♥
Here’s an offer from King’s Lager Beer.
一律推掉。王牌巨啤…
The answer is no. King’s Lager Beer!
我去隔壁接
Very well, I’ll take it in the next room.
请进!
Come in!
陛下,在下名叫庄生。 克伦奶酪公♥司♥广♥告♥业务代表
Your Majesty, my name’s Johnson.
Advertising Rep for Crown Cheese.
我有两句话要说不会占用 您40秒以上的时间
For 2 words that won’t take more than 40 seconds of your time,
克伦奶酪公♥司♥会提供 一万美金请您上电视
Crown Cheese will give you $10,000 to appear on television.
你要做的只是把本公♥司♥奶酪 涂在一片面包上
All you have to do is spread Crown Cheese on a piece of toast,
咬一小口,说”好吃”, 一万美金就立刻是您的了
take a bite, say “yum, yum” and $10,000 are yours.
把这位先生送出去
Show this gentleman to the door.
你疯了不成? 说两个字就一万块!
Are you crazy? $10,000 for 2 words?
你甚至不用背下来黑板上 就有写”好吃”
You don’t have to memorize them, they’ll be on a blackboard!
这边请,先生
This way, Sir.
是那个什么和你一起 上电视的安•凯小姐
It’s that creature who was with you on television, Miss Ann Kay.
– 叫她上来。 – 请安•凯小姐上楼
– Have her come up. – Tell Miss Ann Kay to come up.
这放肆的小姐一星期后 还敢找上门来
The audacity of that woman to come here after what happened.
啊,陛下,世事难以预料
Your Majesty, it’s a changing world, different values.
真是
So it seems.
好吃,说完就有一万块
“Yum, yum!” That’s worth $10,000?
– 噢,早安! – 请进
– Good morning. – Well! Come in.
恭喜您陛下
Congratulations Your Majesty.
您的魅力震惊全国
You’ve electrified the whole country.
谢谢你慇勤的好主意
Thanks to your peculiar ideas of hospitality.
那不是我的主意,陛下
They’re not mine, Your Majesty.
你又想干嘛?
What do you want?
克伦夫人让我送来这个
Mrs Cromwell asked me to deliver this.
我想里面是 两万块美金的支票
I believe there’s a check inside for $20,000.
这样也省得还给她了
Quite so. This will save me the trouble of returning it to her.
真抱歉惹您生气了
I’m sorry you’re angry.
我肯定你对我的气忿不以为然。 凯小姐
I’m sure my anger means nothing to you, Miss Kay.
也不会在意我的鄙视
Neither does my contempt.
日安
Good morning.
啊,访问的真快
That was a quick interview.
贾姆,扔到废纸篓去
Jaume, put this in the wastepaper basket.
陛下,您12点要去 参观革新派男中
At 12 o’clock you are to visit a progressive boys’ school.
我想这会比那个可怕的 电视生意好多了
I think it good policy after that awful television business.
有没有原子委员会的消息?
Have you heard from the Atomic Commission?
杳无音讯。 我每天都打电♥话♥给他们…
Not a word. I’ve telephoned them every day
一个星期都打不通
for a week now, but can’t get through.
如果再没有消息, 这些广♥告♥也许可以做做
If we don’t hear from them, some of these offers may be worthwhile.
还不至如此吧
We haven’t come to that yet.
您知道您撕掉的 是张两万块的支票
Do you realize you’ve torn up a check for $20,000?
是那个克伦夫人开的
Yes, from that Cromwell woman.
很好
Good.
我们银行还有多少存款?
By the bye, what is our bank balance?
九百一十二元正
912 dollars, to be exact.
什么?找胶带!快打电♥话♥ 给克伦夫人谢谢她的支票
What? Get some sticking plaster! Thank Mrs Cromwell for the check!
你刚刚确定不要接受的?
Surely you’re not accepting it?
身不由己嘛
A bird in the hand, my dear fellow.
但陛下您的荣誉和尊严呢?
But Your Majesty’s honor, your pride?
尊严!国王光有尊严也没用, 打电♥话♥给她!
Pride? A King has no false pride. Call her up!
已经11点20了,陛下, 您得赶快革新男中了
It’s 11:20, if you’re going to the school you’d better dress.
打电♥话♥给克伦夫人!
Call up Mrs Cromwell.
他来了
Here he is now!
陛下!等一下!谢谢
Your Majesty! Just a moment!
噢,欢迎陛下光临!
Welcome, Your Majesty!
你好吗?这是我的使者
How do you do? This is my Ambassador.
嘿,小伙子!
Well, young man?
陛下,我们还没正式开幕
Your Majesty, we’re not officially open yet
但我想您可以安静地 先去看展览,以后再来看孩子们
but I thought you’d like to see the exhibit, then review the children.
好
I see.
陛下
Your Majesty.
噢,我希望您别介意 这些摄影记者
I do hope you don’t mind these press photographers.
这是二十世纪中避免不了的
One of the curses of the 20th century, I’m afraid.
抱歉,先生们,照相到此为止
I’m sorry gentlemen, that will have to be all.
非常对不起, 这是最后一张,谢谢
I’m very sorry, that is the last now.
希望您别介意这些记者,陛下
I hope you don’t mind the press photographers.
总之皇室的电视明星 一定会是焦点
After all, a Royal TV star is quite an attraction.
请允许我介绍一下 我的目标。陛下
May I explain to Your Majesty what we’re trying to do?
革新派中学重在培养 孩子们的独♥立♥人格
A progressive school strives to develop a child’s individuality,
让他们尽量去 表达感觉和欲望
to give him full rein to express his feelings and desires
…按照独♥立♥性的理论。 天才是不需雕琢的
on the theory that individuality and genius are cognate.
啊!有趣
Interesting.
我们鼓励这些孩子们 追随自己的兴趣
We encourage these little people to run their own affairs.
有些喜欢美术, 有些会喜欢工艺
Some prefer the fine arts, others the occupational crafts.
这位小先生希望向您 介绍他的艺术作品
This young man wishes to present you with a sample of his art.
很好,谢谢
Well! Very kind of you.
抱歉
Pardon me!
回你的房♥间去
Go to your room at once.
我们相信所有的孩子 都有天份
We believe the seeds of genius are in all children.
所以我们试图发挥他们的本能 鼓励他们的冲劲
We strive to develop their instincts, encourage their impulses.
…这是个野心十足的 年轻雕塑家
Here is an ambitious young sculptor.
– 噢,你做的是什么? – 无花果叶
– What’s that you’re making? – Fig leaf.
有意思
Interesting.
无花果叶能有什么意思?
Nothing interesting about a fig leaf.
我们鼓励他们坦诚不隐瞒
Open, frank, uninhibited. That’s what we encourage.
有贾姆先生的电♥话♥留言
Telephone message for Mr Jaume.
– 有人留名吗? – 是安•凯小姐
– Did they give any name? – Miss Ann Kay.
可能是关于支票的事
Might be about that check, you’d better go see.
– 电♥话♥在哪里? – 这里,请
– Where is the telephone? – This way, please.
带阁下去我的办公室
Show His Excellency to my office.
这边请,陛下
This way, Your Majesty.
这是我们的糕点房♥
And here is our bakery.
抱歉,陛下
Excuse me, Your Majesty.
这位年轻人的特长 是威尼斯酥点
And this young man specializes in Viennese pastries.
这些全是我们的小朋友 手工制♥作♥的
This is some of our little friend’s handicraft.
和纯正的原产完全一样…
These are exactly the same as the ones he’s been making.
– 你想尝一个吗? – 噢,不,不用了,谢谢
– Would you like to taste one? – Oh no, thank you.
这里,陛下,我们有位神童
And here, Your Majesty, we have an infant phenomenon.
智力超常
A remarkable child of ten.
他是个历史学家, 我们校刊总编辑
He’s quite a historian, editor of our school magazine.
噢,很有意思
Very interesting.
这位是鲁伯特,陛下。 年轻的总编辑
This, Your Majesty, is Rupert, our young editor.
– 你好,鲁伯特。 – 你好
How do you do, Rupert?
请坐
Sit down.
– 你在念什么书? – 卡尔•马♥克♥思♥的书
– What’s that you’re reading? – Karl Marx.
你不会是共♥产♥党吧?
Surely you’re not a communist?
难道我一定得是共♥产♥党 才能读马♥克♥思♥