That’s where he met my mother.
她并不知道他是个王子
She didn’t know he was a Prince.
她只以为他是个普通移♥民♥
She just thought he was an ordinary emigrant,
但她还是很爱他
but she loved him, so she married him.
所以我就出生了
That’s how I was born.
所以国王就成了我叔叔
That’s how the King became my uncle.
但我叔叔不和我父亲讲话 因为一开口就是吵架
But my uncle don’t speak to my father because they always quarrel.
有一次他们差点决斗
One time they were going to fight a duel.
所以我父亲才到美国来
That’s why my father came to America,
让他的思想有发挥的余地
to give air and sunlight to his thoughts.
在这块自♥由♥之土上大展神威
The land of the free and the home of the brave was his inspiration.
但近日自♥由♥受到威胁
But today that freedom is threatened.
委员会伺机控制人类的思想
Committees are searching men’s minds, controlling their thoughts.
有勇气站起来扞卫人♥权♥的 却受到压抑
And those who have the courage to stand up are boycotted,
失去工作受到迫♥害♥
lose their jobs and are left to starve.
说些什么呢?
Say, what the?
他们被不合法的审判
They are condemned without trial.
看着这里,小伙子
Look here, young man!
这种审判贬低 我们平等的权力
Such procedure debases the legality of our courts,
谁说任何人的生命可被剥夺
which says that no state may deprive any person of life,
言论自♥由♥, 平等完全不需经过审判
liberty, freedom of speech, without due process of law!
这件应适合他穿, 你觉得呢?
This will about fit him.
把这件和其它东西放在一起
Put this with the other things.
很有意思呢
Rather fun.
我们得赶快,陛下,我们不该让 委员会的人在男孩还在的时候到
We don’t want the Commission to arrive while that boy’s there.
是啊,请快一点
Hurry up, please!
太不像话!
– Scandalous! – Outrageous!
这些调查是必须的
These investigations, Sir, are necessary
否则我们安全会受到威胁
when our security is threatened.
有了氢弹就更无安全可言
With the hydrogen bomb you have no security.
这是共♥产♥党论调!
Why, that’s communist talk!
只有通过世界协调 与合作才能保障安全
Only with world cooperation and understanding are we secure.
如果你再大点,小先生, 我会去向当局检举你
If you were older, Sir, I’d report you to the authorities.
可以,检举我
All right, report me!
逼我揭发
Make me give names! Make a sniveling stool pigeon out of me!
替我洗♥脑♥!但不可能
Brainwash me! But you can’t.
谁都无法把独♥立♥ 宣言的象征洗♥脑♥
They couldn’t brainwash the signers of the Declaration of Independence!
你们也不可能把我洗♥脑♥
And you can’t brainwash me.
没人想替你洗♥脑♥
Nobody wants to brainwash you.
够了!
Enough!
先生们,真抱歉
Excuse me, gentlemen.
– 我受不了!我就是受不了! – 你会受得了的!
– I can’t take it! – You’ll take it all right.
这些自夸其辞有偏见的人。 他们看起来就像会被推♥翻♥似的
These bigoted bombastic people look as if they’re going to explode!
噢,我很抱歉,先生们, 这是个意外的事件
I’m sorry, gentlemen, for this unfortunate occurrence.
很合身
Fits well.
告诉我,怎么会开始争论的?
Tell me, whatever started the argument?
我也不知道, 我只要一说就停不下来
I don’t know. I just get going and I can’t stop.
你想得太多
You think too much.
我也没办法
I can’t help it.
你该多去玩一玩
You should play more.
和谁玩?
Who can I play with?
你没有朋友吗? 和你同龄的孩子?
Haven’t you any friends your age?
他们很闷
They bore me.
噢,为什么?
Why?
他们只知道超人,牛仔
All they think about is Superman, cowboys.
– 那又怎么样? – 我讨厌超人!
– What’s the matter with that? – I hate Superman.
你讨厌很多东西,不是吗?
You hate a lot of things, don’t you?
我不讨厌你
I don’t hate you.
至少,你还是要回学校去
Nevertheless, you must return to your school.
你不能留在这里,尤其不能 被当作鲁伯特王侄
You can’t stay here. Especially as Prince Rupert.
我必须把事实 告诉这些先生们
I had to tell those gentlemen the truth.
你没告诉他们我的姓吧?
You didn’t tell them my name.
我并不知道你姓什么
I don’t know your name.
你知道的,鲁伯特
Yes you do, Rupert.
– 鲁伯特什么? – 麦卡比
– Rupert what? – Macabee.
麦卡比!苏格兰人!
Macabee! A Scot!
难怪你爱自行其事
No wonder you’re a non-conformist.
– 你下这一步吗? – 别无去路
– Is that your move? – There’s no other move.
很好
Very well.
重新摆好再玩一次
Set them up. We’ll play again.
贾姆先生在哪里?
Where’s Mr. Jaume?
他把计划书拿回银行
He went down to the bank with the plans.
那些先生们感兴趣吗?
Were the gentlemen interested?
不,他们说他们自己 已有了类似的计划
They say they have similar plans of their own.
午安,本台为您现场报导
This is another televised recording of the investigation
正在纽约市中心 联邦大厦进行中的
of the Congressional Committee on Un-American Activities
对于共♥产♥份子活动 调查的审判
going on in the Federal Building downtown New York City,
这次调查的目的在于揭露 共♥产♥党在美国各机关的关系
They’ll expose communism in all branches of American institutions,
委员会已经审问过科学家
The Committee has already questioned scientists,
教育家,神职人员, 作家和演员
educators, churchmen, writers and actors,
首先请看轻松的一幕
But first a glimpse of the humorous side,
调查员们也学好莱坞那一套
The investigators indulge in a Hollywood touch,
在上电视出场前精心化妆
to make themselves photogenic before appearing on television,
现在转向严肃的场面
And now for a more serious aspect,
审判过程实播
The actual investigation in progress,
法官在审问一位证人
The chairman is questioning a witness,
举起右手
Raise your right hand.
你发誓所言句句属实
Do you swear to tell the truth?
我发誓
I do.
– 报上姓名。 – 詹姆斯•德金
– State your name. – James Durkin.
– 职业? – 学校教师
– Profession? – School teacher.
德金先生, 你曾经是共♥产♥份子吗?
Mr Durkin, were you ever a member of the Communist Party?
曾经是,先生。我1940年加入, 1950年退出
I was, Sir. I joined the Communist Party in 1940, resigned in 1950.
你在1940年曾遇见过 麦卡比夫妇,学校教师?
In 1940 did you meet Mr and Mrs Macabee, school teachers?
是的
I did, Sir.
麦卡比先生与夫人,起立
Mr and Mrs Macabee, stand up.
看看这对夫妇
Take a look at this man and woman.
是你在1940年遇见的吗?
Are they the same Macabees that you met in 1940?
是的
They are, Sir.
请问他们那时也是 共♥产♥份子吗?
To the best of your recollection,
were they at that time members of the Communist Party?
曾经是的
They were, Sir.
好,德金先生
That’s all, Mr Durkin.
麦卡比夫妇请上证人席
Mr Macabee will now take the witness stand.
在证人席上,麦卡比 承认自己曾是共♥产♥份子
On the witness stand, Macabee admitted he had been a communist,
但五年前已退出了
but had resigned 5 years ago,
当被询问其它党员的消息时, 麦卡比拒绝透露
When asked to give information about other party members,
Macabee refused to answer,
麦卡比先生,如果你不回答 就是藐视法庭
Mr Macabee, if you don’t answer you’ll be charged with contempt.
我将回答所有 关于我个人的问题
I will answer any questions concerning myself,
但提供其它人的名单 则有违我的良心
but it is against my conscience to give names
or to inform on other people.
本席判决证人藐视国会。 带他走
This Committee cites witness for contempt of Congress. Remove him.
我宣布委员会制♥造♥白色恐怖
I charge this committee with fomenting a cold civil war of hate…
詹姆斯•麦卡比 被审判藐视国会法庭
James Macabee now faces contempt charges,
若罪名成立,刑期最少一年
If convicted he’ll receive a minimum sentence of 1 year per charge,
K- X- P- A现在开始转播 流行音乐天堂节目
KXPA now returns you to popular music from the hit parade,
鲁伯特,这里
There there, Rupert.
拿着这个
Here, take this.
我该怎么办?
What shall I do?
离开学校不是个办法
Staying away from school won’t help now.
我先用车送你回去
Supposing I take you back in my car?
明天我会去看你
Then tomorrow I’ll come visit you.
– 你答应我 – 我保证
– You promise? – I promise.
我叫尤瑞曲,先生, 美国执法官
My name’s Ulrich, Sir. United States Marshal.
– 请问有何贵干? – 我来找鲁伯特•麦卡比
What can I do for you?
I’m looking for Rupert Macabee, Sir.
– 请进。 – 谢谢,先生
– Come in. – Thank you, Sir.
啊,原来你在这里!
So there you are!
什么事,执法官?
What is it, Marshal?
没什么,只是知道他逃学了。 我来带他回去
He’s just missing from school and I’ve come to take him back.
我会亲自带他回去 不用麻烦你了
Supposing I save you the trouble and take him back myself?
可是我有命令在身

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!