I’m Christie, by the way. Charlie.
你好啊 我喜欢你的口音
How do you do? Love your accent.
谢谢
Thanks.
我喜欢你的翘臀
Love your bum.
有件关于我的事 应该让你知道
There’s something you should know about me, Max.
什么事
Yes?
我很爱挑剔
I’m very, very choosy.
这是我的荣幸
Well, I’m very, very honored.
而且我疑心病很重
I’m also very, very suspicious,
非常不讲理
very, very irrational,
脾气也很暴躁
and I have a very, very short temper.
我很会吃醋 不容易原谅人 丑话先说在前头
I’m also extremely jealous and slow to forgive. Just so you know.
今晚一定会很愉快的
Well, this promises to be a lovely evening.
我不去罗马 那里太拥挤了
I wouldn’t go to Rome. It is quite overcrowded.
观光客比鸽子还要多
And there’s more tourists than pigeons.
非找个地方不可 或许威尼斯吧
Gotta go somewhere. Maybe Venice.
可以 但那里在下沉
Yeah, but it’s sinking.
走错一步就可能掉进运河里
You know, one false move, fall in the canal…
对不起
Sorry.
被平底游览船撞上
…run down by a gondolier.
但伦敦就什么都有了
Whereas London, it’s got it all.
还有你个人专用的向导 对 就是我啦
Including your own personal tour guide. Yeah. Moi.
查理
Charlie.
专心一点
Concentrate.
对不起
Sorry.
终于可以独处了
Alone at last.
你对我坦白 我也应该诚实以待
You’ve been candid with me, I should be candid with you.
我是出了名的铁石心肠 甚至到麻木不仁的地步
I’m famously callous, even to the point of being insensitive.
而且我根本无法信任别人
And I have an absolute inability to trust anyone.
我唯一爱过的人是我叔叔亨利
The only person I ever loved was my Uncle Henry,
他临终前最后十年 我都没跟他联络
and I didn’t contact him for the last 10 years of his life.
他经常露出悲伤的神情
He often expressed great sadness.
彷佛他教你的一切你都忘了
As though he thought you had been lost.
你认识他
You knew him?
住在本地的女人 不可能不认识他
As a woman living here, it was impossible not to know him.
也对啦
Right.
他应该没有拿出艾蒙多的唱片 然后
He didn’t, by any chance, ever get out the Edmundo records and do the…
跳伦巴
Rumba?
没有
No.
谢谢你 但当然我试过啰
Thank you. But of course I tried.
想也知道 因为他人见人爱
Well, you would, because he was absolutely lovable.
是啊
Yes.
我怎么也想不通 我为何不再来这里
I can’t think of why I stopped coming down here.
我爱死这个地方了
I love this place.
醉人的美景
It’s intoxicating.
蝎子
Scorpions!
蝎子
Scorpions!
我房♥间里有蝎子
There are scorpions in my bedroom!
我要去上班了
I must go to work.
这通常不是男人该说的话吗
Isn’t that usually the man’s line?
你知道我为何陪你过夜吗
Do you know the reason why I spent the night with you?
因为你在这里办完了事
It is because once you have done what you came here to do,
就再也不会回来了
you will not return.
我们俩不可能有未来
For us, there can be no future.
这样就很安全了
There is safety in that.
这个嘛
Well…
我们还是可以在诺丁山开餐馆啊
There is absolutely nothing stopping us from setting up your cafe in Notting Hill.
伦敦需要像样的法式小酒馆
London definitely needs a decent bistro.
太老套了
How typical.
以为我住在普罗旺斯 是因为我别无选择
To assume that I live in Provence because I have no choice.
芬妮 这里的生活不适合我
Fanny, this place just doesn’t suit my life.
不对 麦斯
No, Max.
是你不适合这里的生活
It is your life that doesn’t suit this place.
跳水板怎么了
What happened to the diving board?
卖♥♥的价钱不错吧 对
We did quite well, didn’t we?
有了酿酒师的报告 能卖♥♥这样算不错了
Yeah, I don’t think we did too badly considering the oenologue’s report.
查理
You know, Charlie,
我好像恋爱了
I think I’m in love.
我不怪你 她是个女神 虽然她是你堂妹
I don’t blame you, mate, she’s a goddess. Even if she is your cousin.
不是柯丝蒂啦 蠢货
Not Christie, you silly sod.

My…
我的义务性文化活动是个女孩
My obligatory cultural activity is a girl.
一个女人 芬妮夏内尔
A woman. Fanny Chenal.
或许我不应该卖♥♥掉
I’ve been thinking, perhaps I shouldn’t sell.
我觉得此时此刻
Max, I think at the moment,
你全身上下充满了法国女人香
your whole body is covered in the eau de French girl,
冲个冷水澡就会完全改观了
and when you have had a cold shower things will look a little bit different.
我可以留着当临时住所 度周末或度假
I could keep it as a pied-e-terre. A weekender, holiday house, you know?
请容我提醒你挚爱的
Can I remind you what happened when your boss and mentor,
老板兼恩师
a man you loved,
十五年前初次度假出了什么事
took his first holiday in 15 years?
我抢了他的饭碗
I stole his job.
没错 麦斯史金纳不度周末 也不休假
Max Skinner doesn’t do weekends. Max Skinner doesn’t take holidays.
麦斯史金纳
Max Skinner
只会赚钱
makes money.
你最擅长的是什么
So do what you do best, Max.
你想卖♥♥掉庄园 就要签字
If you’re gonna sell it, you gotta sign it.
享利叔叔 干嘛唱歌♥给它们听
Why is he singing to them, Uncle Henry?
葡萄需要的不只是阳光和雨水
Well, you see, Max, the terroir needs more than sun and rain.
还需要和谐的音乐美声
It needs harmony. it needs balance.
我毕生都因为唱歌♥ 给葡萄藤听而被人嘲笑
My whole life people laughed at me for singing to the vines.
我说有一天葡萄藤也会唱给我听
I explained that someday the vines would sing back.
现在它们终于唱了
Here they finally have.
你不知道自己在干嘛
You don’t know what you are doing.
你在胡说什么 就是这里 遗失的角落
What are you talking about? Here. Le Coin Perdu.
不可能
That’s not possible.
酿酒师说这里甚至长不出 南瓜或马铃薯
The oenologue said you couldn’t even grow squash or potatoes…
酿酒师是收了钱才说这种话的
The oenologue was paid to say that.
我们以为让你认定席洛克没价值
We thought that if you believed La Siroque had no value,
你就会保持这里的原貌了
you would leave things as they were. Sorte de status quo.
你怎么不早告诉我 为什么不信任我
Why didn’t you tell me this before? Why didn’t you trust me?
麦斯 换作是你 你会信任你吗
Max, would you trust you?
这些葡萄藤 都是不合法的
These vines, they are illegal.
你叔叔一直想把庄园留给你
Your uncle always intended to leave the estate to you,
但他担心 不知道你会变成什么样子
but he worried about what you had become.
他常说 “我侄子很自私”
“My nephew is selfish,” he used to say.
“我怎么能把这个地方给一个”
“How can I give this place to a man
“无法满足于简单生活的人”
“who can’t even appreciate the simple pleasures of life?”
所以才没写遗嘱
So it was never written.
天哪 他还没决定就蒙主恩召了
Alas, fate took him before he could decide what to do.
我已经卖♥♥掉了
I’ve already sold it.
你做了你叔叔最怕你会做的事
Then you have done the very thing your uncle feared you would do.
你把他的灵魂卖♥♥给出价最高的人
You have sold his spirit to the highest bidder, Max.
背叛了唯一疼爱你的人
And betrayed the only man who ever cared for you.
拿去吧
Here, Max.
这是亨利的百万存款
Here was Henry’s fuck-you money!
这一瓶 明智之选
This one. Well chosen.
还没完全成熟
It’s not quite there yet.
不过一旦找到好东西 就要好好珍惜
Once you find something good, Max, you have to take care of it.
你要让它发展成熟
You have to let it grow.
柯丝蒂
Christie.
你在干嘛 不能说走就走啊
What’re you doing? You can’t just leave.
当然可以
Sure I can.
昨晚呢 你二度灼伤 我帮你治疗
Well, what about last night? I nursed you through second-degree burns.
你很体贴
You were sweet.
我的指腹都严重受伤了
And I seriously damaged the ends of my fingers.
冻伤
Frostbitten.
像你的心一样
Like your heart.
再见 查理
Bye, Charlie.
再见 柯丝蒂
Bye, Christie.
你要去哪儿