Where you headed?
还不确定
Not exactly sure.
我带了东西要给你
I brought you something.
你的书
Your book.
你还没看完
You didn’t finish it.
柯丝蒂
Christie?
你的鼻子真的跟他很像
You do have his nose.
再见了 堂哥
Au revoir, cuz.
亲爱的麦斯
Dear Max,
我知道我们好多年没联络了
I know it’s been many years since we last spoke,
但我发现自己陷入了窘境 我恐怕需要你的帮忙
but I’ve found myself in a bit of a jam and I’m afraid I need your help.
重点是 麦斯小子 我快死了
The thing is, Max old boy, I’m dying.
我会知道是因为康医生 就是我的医生 不再谈我的健康
I know because Dr. Khan, my physician has stopped talking about my health
开始讨论起天气来了
and begun discussing the weather.
我相信死神像送货员一样
Convinced that death, like all tradesmen,
找不到我家前门在哪儿
would be unable to find my front door,
我向来也认定写遗嘱 就是主动邀请死神上门
and having always believed wills to be written invitations to the reaper,
所以我不得不依赖你的善意了
I find myself impelled to impress upon your kindness.
我有个女儿 她叫柯丝蒂罗伯兹
I have a daughter. Her name is Christie Roberts.
很可惜 我们素未谋面
Sadly, we have never met.
她母亲名叫艾莉森
Her mother’s name was Allison.
她是北加州一座小葡萄园的向导
She was a tour guide at a tiny vineyard in Northern California.
麦斯 我想请你找到她
I should like you to find her.
找到她以后 我要把理应是她的东西留给她
And to this end I should like to leave her what is rightfully hers.
希望这个决定不会伤你的心
I hope this decision doesn’t hurt your feelings,
像你这么成功 根本不会需要这些
and as successful as you are, you don’t need it.
希望你能谅解
I hope you understand.
因为对我而言 即使至此 席洛克还是一个奇妙的地方
Because for me, even in its present state, La Siroque is a place of magic.
这是我衷心的期望
And it is my heartfelt wish
希望能和柯丝蒂分享那份奇妙
that Christie should share in that magic.
但愿她能来到这里
I like to think of her here.
毕竟我在世间只留下 她和席洛克庄园
After all, she and La Siroque are all I leave behind.
爱你的叔叔
Your loving uncle…
爱你的叔叔
Your loving uncle…
亨利史金纳
…Henry Skinner.
亨利史金纳
…Henry Skinner.
出了一点小问题
Il y’a un petitwrinkle.
什么意思 怎样的问题
What do you mean? What sort of wrinkle?
成吉思汗死而复生了
Genghis. Back from the dead.
领带很好看 跟你妈说我欣赏她的品味
Justin, lovely tie. Do tell your mother I admire her taste.
欢迎你回来 老板
Welcome back, boss.
我想也是
I bet.
你这个烂人
You wanker!
肯尼 发型不错
Kenneth, nice haircut.
你陷害我
You set me up.
你该不会是我不在时被开除吧
Oh, dear boy, you haven’t been fired in my absence, have you?
短期交易 不到一小时就毁了我
That short order. Did my nuts in in less than an hour.
真是太不幸了
That’s unfortunate.
害我们损失六百万英镑
Lost us six million quid.
不可能和我有关 我被停职了
Couldn’t have anything to do with me, Kenny. I was suspended.
你这个王八蛋
You bastard!
早安 白老鼠
Morning, lab rats.
早安 老板
Morning, boss.
早安 麦斯
Morning, Max.
你看起来不太一样
You look different.
给我所有最新的文件和一杯咖啡
Give me everything I need to read to catch up and an espresso.
麦斯
Max? Hm?
奈乔先生在等你
Sir Nigel’s waiting for you.
要双倍浓度的
Make it a double.
梵谷
Van Gogh.
希望你门上加了防盗锁
I hope you’ve got a good lock on the door.
别傻了
Don’t be soft.
那不是真品 真品在保险库里 这是复♥制♥画
It’s not real. Real one’s in my vault. It’s a copy.
赝品画居然要二十万欧元
Two hundred grand for a knock-off.
坐吧
Sit.
艺术是一种爱好 麦斯
Art’s a passion, Max.
一定要有爱好 我有马 车子 钱
Got to have passions. I have horses, cars, money…
这是爱好还是恶习
Are they passions or vices, sir?
我话说完了吗
Have I finished talking?
等我说完才轮到你说 而且最好说的都是好话
When I finish talking, that’s when you talk. And it better be good!
你在度假的期间 我可是过得水深火热
While you’ve been on your little holiday, I’ve been in a shitstorm!
希望我的行为导致了一些
Sir, I do appreciate that my actions may have caused some…
麦斯
Max!
你是伦敦金融区最带种的交易员
You’re one of the ballsiest traders in the Square Mile.
但你要知道某些行为 后果会不堪设想
But you’ve got to learn there are consequences to your sort of behavior.
拿去吧
There it is.
给你一个小时
You have one hour.
我可以打包我的蓝色小精灵吗
So shall I pack my Smurfs?
麦斯
Oh, Max!
好好款待夏内尔夫人的女儿芬妮
Look after Madame Chenal’s daughter, Fanny,
我要带她母亲去参观庄园
while I give her mother a tour.
但我想看完 威尼斯之死
But I really wanna finish the last chapter of Death in Venice.
看书名就知道结局 没啥好惊讶的
Well, given the book’s title, I don’t think you’ll be surprised by the ending.
要乖哦 芬妮 走吧 夏内尔夫人
You be good, Fanny. Come now, Madame Chenal.
席洛克庄园有很多景点
There are many attractions here at La Siroque,
先去看我卧室望出去的风景吧
beginning with the view best seen from my bedroom.
麦斯 有好多个零啊
That’s a lot of zeroes, Max.
或是终身完全入股
Or a full partnership for life.
由我选择
My choice.
你要听妈妈的话 麦斯
Now, you listen to Mummy, Max.
你只要入股就终生吃喝不尽了
Partner, you’re made for life.
奈乔先生53岁才入股 你看他有多成功
Sir Nigel didn’t become partner until he was 53 and look at him.
是啊
Yes,
你看他有多成功
look at him.
决定了吗 要钱还是要人生
Well, what’s it to be? The money, or your life?
你几时有空欣赏
When do you ever see it, Nige?
那幅真品名画
The real one.
你几时会看
When do you look at it?
你会半夜跑去保险库看还是
Do you make late-night pilgrimages down to the vault just to see it or…
你到底想说什么
What point are you making?
我想是吧
I think so.
你确定不再考虑
Sure you don’t need more time?
不用了 我知道自己要什么
No, I know what I want.
你确定
You’re sure?
没错
Absolutely.
那你的决定是什么
So, what is it to be?
汤好不好喝
How’s the soup?
汤卖♥♥完了
The soup is finished.
我的工作也完蛋了
Like my job.
那鱼呢
The fish?
鱼也卖♥♥完了
We’ve run out.
我的借口也用完了
That’s like me with excuses.
别浪费我的时间 点我们有的菜
Don’t waste my time. Choose something we have.
我想和不讲理又疑心病重的女神 厮守一辈子
I would like a lifetime spent with an irrational and suspicious goddess.
还脾气暴躁又爱吃醋
Some short-tempered jealousy on the side.
再来一瓶尝起来像你的葡萄酒
And a bottle of wine that tastes like you.
和一只永远不会空的杯子
And a glass that’s never empty.
你还记得我在你耳边说的话
You remember what I whispered to you
我们小时候在泳池旁边
when we were kids in the pool.
看来你也记得嘛
And it seems that you do too.
但我一直到现在才认出你
But it was not until just now that I recognized you,
麦斯
Max.
小女孩 听我说 杜弗洛 我说不行
Little girl, listen to me! Duflot, I said no!
不行 你不能先剪掉葡萄蒂
No way! You are not destemming those grapes.
我每次都这样弄啊
But this is the way I’ve always done things!
要讲究葡萄酒的比例和颜色
We want structure and color for the wine.
葡萄蒂会让味道更浓郁
Leaving the stems on will give it a kick in the ass.
葡萄酒喝起来会像火箭燃料
And the wine will taste like rocket fuel.
不准你先剪掉葡萄蒂
No way! You are not destemming those grapes.
都是酸和丹宁
All acid and tannins!
你自己也说酸和丹宁啊 没错