生命的意义是什么
What is the meaning of life?
我们是因为什么原因而生的吗
Are we here for a reason?
我们为什么要活着
Is there a point to any of this?
起初 我也不知道是怎么回事
First, I had no idea what was going on.
我什么都看不见
I… I couldn’t see a thing.
很温暖
It was warm.
这是我的妈妈
There was my mother.
每一天 我都过得很愉快
Every day, I had fun.
过得愉快就是生命的意义吗
Was having fun the point?
全部的意义
The whole point?
不对 肯定不会这么简单的
No, it couldn’t be that simple.
这有一只
Here’s one.
然后一切都结束了
And then it was over.
你就这样了
That’s it for you.
不能再玩闹了
No more fun.
好像这一生过得太短了
It seemed like such a short life.
我做过什么事情吗
I mean, what exactly did I do?
只是一直玩耍
There was some playing.
吃东西
There was some eating.
还在泥里打滚
I dug in the dirt.
但是当我真正思考起来之后
But when I really thought about it,
我真的没做什么事
it didn’t add up to much.
我回来了
I was back.
我又变成一条小狗了
And I was a puppy again.
我还活着 准备好思考生命的大问题
Alive and ready to ask the big questions.
去刨根问底
To dig for answers.
先让我进去
Just let me in there.
我在哪呢
Where am I?
你这里还有什么狗
So what else do you have?
还有这一只
Uh, this one here.
-这是什么品种 -这是红毛猎犬
– What is it? – It’s a red retriever.
好狗狗
Nice dog.
不挑食 而且容易训练
Good breed. Easy to train.
你这里有没有小一点的品种
You got something smaller?
我还有几只小约克夏犬
I got some cute yorkies over here.
还有日本狆
I got this Japanese chin.
贵宾犬
Uh, poodle.
这边是柯基
Corgi over here.
还有博美
Got a pomeranian.
看看这些好东西
Look at all this great stuff.
一定是有人知道我要来
Somebody knew I was coming.
好棒呀
Oh, yeah.
你快看
Hey, look at this.
看看我们找到了什么
What do we have here?
看看这个小家伙
Look at this little guy.
肯定能值几个钱
Bet it’s worth a couple bucks.
第二轮就输了
Yeah, it was a knockout in the second round.
钱都输光了 这在等着
I lost everything. Hang tight, guy.
这次该你请客了吧
Now, you’re buying this time.
今天不行 伙计
Not today, buddy.
我思考着我的生活
I thought about my life.
我还有好多问题没有解决
I still had so many questions.
但是我现在只有一个问题
But I kept coming back to the same one:
我要怎么才能喝上水
How do I get a drink of water?
你想要一个冰淇淋吗
Do you want to get an ice cream?
好呀
Sure.
要什么口味的
What flavor?
妈妈 我听到里面有声音
Mom, I hear something in there.
宝贝
Hey, honey.
伊森
Ethan!
妈妈 快过来
Hey, mom, come here.
我的天哪
My god.
它看起来渴极了
It looks so thirsty.
车里面太热了
It’s too hot in there.
我们要把它救出来
I think we need to get him out.
这个门打不开
I can’t open the door.
等等 门被锁上了
Wait, it’s locked.
求你了 妈妈
Please, mom.
后退
Okay, stand back.
你个小可怜
You poor thing.
可怜的小东西
You poor, poor thing.
你还好吗 伙计
How are you, boy?
-没事吧 -这是什么情况
– Good? – What… what is this?
-妈妈 -一个小男孩
– Mom! – A boy?
-伙计 -小男孩
– Boy… – A boy!
-你还好吗 -我从来不知道
– Are you okay? – I-I never knew there might be
-世上还有小男孩这样的存在 -是不是累坏了
– such a thing as a boy. – Tired, huh?
我觉得这小家伙会撑过去的
I think this little guy is gonna make it.
-我们能养他吗 妈妈 -我不知道
– Can we keep him, mom? – I don’t know.
我觉得你♥爸♥爸可能不会…
I think your father might not…
我当时就决定了
I decided right then and there
我一定要养这个小男孩
I am definitely keeping this boy.
爸爸 我们能养他吗
Yeah! Dad, can we keep him?
谁来喂他
Well, who’s gonna feed him?
-我来 -谁来给他洗澡
– I will. – Who’s gonna clean him?
这些都交给我吧 爸爸
I’ll do everything, dad.
-你觉得你已经准备好了吗 -是的
– You think you’re ready to do it? – Yeah.
-我不知道 儿子 -他是个好孩子
– Oh, I don’t know, son. – He’s a good boy.
是个乖宝宝
He’s a good boy.
求你了
Come on, please.
它是只猎犬 爸爸
He’s a retriever, dad.
他会帮你拿拖鞋的
He’ll fetch your slippers.
下雨天还会帮你拿报纸
And the paper when it rains.
你让他拿什么都可以
Name something you want fetched.
他都能做到
He can do it.
看 过来
Look. Hey, come here!
你在干什么
What are you doing?
伊森和我觉得
So, Ethan and I discussed that the dog
-他可以照顾好这条狗 -过来 乖孩子
– would be his responsibility. – Come here! Yeah. Good boy.
求你了 爸爸
Please, dad?
他需要朋友
Come on. He needs a pal.
听着 你和你妈妈一起说服我
All right, this thing that you two are doing,
这不公平
it’s dirty pool, okay?
把他带出去
Take him away.
我要和你妈妈单独谈谈
I want to talk to your mother alone.
好的
Okay.
我们可以留它到明天
We’ll keep it till tomorrow…
你紧张吗 伙计 别紧张
You nervous, boy? Don’t be.
不会有事的
It’ll be okay. Yeah.
我们没有多少选择
We don’t have much choice.
狗很麻烦的
They make a mess.
-你还要给它洗澡 -拜托
– You gotta clean ’em. – Oh, come on.
-过不了多久他就烦了 -别这样 吉姆
– He’s gonna be bored with it. – Oh, come on, Jim.
你知道的 你知道他三分钟热度
You know it. You know how he is.
如果他不同意的话
If he says no,
我们可以离家出走 去找新家
we can run off and go find another family.
伊森
Ethan?
什么
Yeah?
你能养狗了
You have a dog.
太棒了 太好了
Yes! Oh, my gosh, yes!
天呐 谢谢
Oh, my gosh, thank you!
快来 快来
Come on! Come on!
贝利
Bailey.
应该是宝贝的贝 锋利的利
B-a-I-l-e-y, I-I would think.
我是伊森
And I’m Ethan.
我是他的主人
I’m the owner.
他知道我名字怎么写吗
Do you think he knows how to spell my name?
应该知道 亲爱的
I would think so, honey.
那就好
Here you go.