有你在相信着他呢
He has you to believe in him.
龙龙…
Nello…
是你吗?
is that you?
兰·格莱德先生
Master La Grande.
你回来了
You’re home.
是也不是
Yes and no.
我必须回罗马去
I must return to Rome.
但不会太久
But not for long.
主教想要个小点的鼻子 就这样
The bishop wants a smaller nose, that’s all.
不过看看你啊
But look at you.
我都快认不出你了
I barely recognized you.
不过呢 我认出了你的朋友
Of course, I recognized your friend
帕图拉斯
Patrasche.
而你的模特也是一点没变
And your model hasn’t changed a bit.
鲁本斯先生
Master Rubens.
不过 来看看 看看
But let’s see. Let’s see.
来看看你画的怎么样
Let’s see how you are doing.
龙龙
Nello.
你的眼睛愈发清明 你的手愈发强壮
Your eye has grown clear, and your hand strong.
你把天赋发挥的非常好
You’ve cared wisely for your talent.
或许是时候…
Perhaps it’s time…
正式学习绘画了
to graduate to painting.
绘画?
Painting?
应该是时候了
Perhaps it’s time.
漂亮
Beautiful.
这也是给你的
This is for you as well.
我已经准备好了一切 你看?
I was all prepared, you see?
还有画笔
And the brushes.
你会需要很多画笔
You’ll need many brushes.
这些都是给我的吗?
Those are all for me?
作为同行送你
Tools of the trade
一些必要工具
for a fellow artist.
就当早来的圣诞礼物吧
Early Christmas present.
我以前从没见过这些漂亮的东西
I’ve never seen so many beautiful things before.
这些颜料非常强大
Those pigments are very strong.

Here.
一次试一个颜色
Try one colour at a time.
然后再选边上的颜色
Place it next to other colours.
混合起来
Mix them.
你会爱上这些颜色的
Fall in love with the colours.
给 看
Here, look.
然后观察自然
And then look at nature
和你周围的环境
and your surroundings.
看看这些颜色是怎样混合起来的
See how these colours are reflected.
举个例子 你的衣服 有多少种颜色?
How many colours, for instance, in your blouse?
我看看
Let’s see.
蓝色 对了
Blue, of course.
还有白色
There’s white.
但还有其他颜色混在里面
But it has other colours as well.
但同时 还有点绿色
But, also, a little green
会给他带来一点阴影的感觉
will bring it to that shade exactly.
试试吧
Experiment.

Here.
有时候 一天结束之后
Sometimes, at the end of a day,
我的调色盘里会有30种不同的–
I have 30 colours in my palette–
颜色和色调
different shades.
现在给你找个盒子
Now for a box for you.
龙龙
Nello.
龙龙
Nello.
怎么了?
What?
城里的神父
The city fathers
每年圣诞都会赞助鲁本斯青少年
sponsor a Rubens junior art contest
艺术大赛
each Christmas.
你必须参加
You must enter.
我赢不了的
I could never win.
说什么呢?
What’s that?
这是我学生说的话吗?
Is that my pupil speaking?
我怎么赢?
How could I?
胜利的第一步
The first step to winning
就是相信自己会胜利
is believing you can win.
你当然能赢了 龙龙
Of course you can win, Nello.
对我来说太晚了
It’s too late for me.
到圣诞之前没有多少时间了
There’s plenty of time before Christmas.
你可以的
You can do it.
我是说现在开始学艺术也太晚了
I mean it’s too late for me to start my art studies.
胡说
Nonsense.
鲁本斯开始学艺术的时候
Rubens himself was older than you
比你年纪还大
when he started.
真的?
Really?
真的
Really.
而且我是不是忘了说了
And did I forget to mention
胜利者会得到一千银币
that the winner gets 1,000 silver francs
还有艺术学院的奖学金?
and a scholarship to art school?
你听到了吗 帕图拉斯?
Did you hear that, Patrasche?
一千银币
1,000 silver francs.
而他一定会赢的 帕图拉斯
And he’s going to win it, Patrasche.
他一定能赢的
He’s going to win it.
阿洛伊斯 嗨
Aloise. Hi.
嗨 龙龙
Hi, Nello.
我给你做了点饼干
I made you some cookies.
虽然做的还不是那么好
They’re not that good, though.
妈妈说我骑马比做饭都熟练
Mother says I ride better than I cook.
爸爸还以为这个心形饼干是给他做的
Papa thought the heart-shaped cookie was for him.
还有这个是给帕图拉斯的
And this one’s for Patrasche.
谢谢 但是…
Thanks, but…
太可爱了 我吃不下去
they’re too pretty to eat.
我也给你带了点东西
I’ve got something for you, too.
真漂亮
It’s beautiful.
这是什么?
What is it?
重点在于他将会变成什么
It’s what it will be that matters.
我要叫它 公主的半身像
I’ll call it “Portrait of a Princess.”
真漂亮
It’s beautiful.
我抬头看向天空就会觉得非常渺小
I feel so small when I look up at the sky.
真的吗
Really?
为什么有些人生来就富有
Why are some people born rich,
有些就穷
some poor,
有人健康…
some healthy…
还有人病怏怏
some real sick?
就是不公平啊
It just isn’t fair.
我想我还真没考虑过这些事情
I guess I really hadn’t thought much about that yet.
自从我母亲去世之后
Ever since my mother died,
我就在想她会在哪
I wondered where she went.
也许她成为了最亮的星星之一
Maybe she’s one of those real bright stars
每晚都会出来照耀
that come out every night.
我也希望
I hope so.
如果明星只能是
It wouldn’t be right
鲁本斯那样伟大的人物而不能是
if the spirit of a great man like Rubens
像我妈妈那样的好人
and good people like my mother
那也太不合适了
just didn’t go on after they died.
我觉得你是对的 龙龙
I’m sure you’re right, Nello.
神是非常聪明的
God’s too smart for that.
阿洛伊斯
Aloise!
我该走了
I better go.
该回家了 阿洛伊斯
It’s time to go, Aloise.
明天晚上在这见我
Meet me here tomorrow night,
好画完你的画
and I’ll finish your sketch.
好的 龙龙
All right, Nello.
你会成为一个伟大的画家的 就像鲁本斯一样
You’re going to be a great artist, just like Rubens.

Listen.
你能听到吗?
Can you hear it?