你♥爸♥爸肯定会责怪我的
Your father will blame me for sure.
阿洛伊斯 快来
Aloise, come on.
你妈妈还到处找你呢
Your mother’s been looking for you.
来了 爸爸
Coming, Papa.
看看你啊
Look at you.
谁在你脸上画画了 啊?
Who’s been painting your face, huh?
你好 酷格斯先生
Hello, Master Cogez.
龙龙 威廉姆
Nello, William.
说 再见 龙龙
Say bye-bye, Nello.
再见 龙龙
Bye-bye, Nello.
说 再见 威廉姆
Say bye-bye, William.
再见 威廉姆
Bye-bye, William.
再见
Bye-bye.
拜 阿洛伊斯
Bye, Aloise.
哦 看看你自己
Oh, look at you.
巴斯·酷格斯 幸运鬼 是吧?
Lucky man, baas Cogez, huh?
你和帕图拉斯就趁着还没有客户
You and Patrasche get that milk to town
流失的时候赶快把牛奶送去吧
before you lose your customers.
路上洗洗你的脸
Clean your face on the way.
谢谢你 威廉姆
Thank you, William.
好了
All right.
孩子们快快坐坐好
Children, children, sit down.
嗨 阿洛伊斯
Hi, Aloise.
那座大教堂里面有一副很漂亮的画
There’s a great painting inside that cathedral.
爷爷说妈妈曾经去看过
Grandpa says Mother once saw it.
真希望我也能看得到
Wish I could see it, too.
你也是彼得·保罗·鲁本斯的崇拜者吗?
Are you an admirer of Peter Paul Rubens as well?
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
他是我的英雄
He’s my hero.
我保证这位大♥师♥会很高兴
I’m sure the great master is happy
看到这么明亮的新目光注视着他的
to see bright new eyes looking up at him.
我想见见他
I want to meet him.
鲁本斯很多年前就去世了
Rubens passed away many years ago.
当然了 他的艺术永存
Of course, his art lives on.
伟人和他的事业都能永存
Great men and their deeds always do live on.
至少能有所安慰
And that’s a comfort.
求你了 先生
Please, sir.
多说点吧
Tell me more.
我也想做一个伟大的艺术家
I want to become a great artist, too.
哦 你愿意吗?好吧…
Oh, you do? Well…
你的起点还不错
you made a proper start.
鲁本斯是各个领域的艺术大♥师♥–
Rubens was a master of every aspect of art–
构成 光影 动态–
composition, light, movement–
但他也需要学习
but he had to study.
他就在那条街哪里转角的地方
He studied right down that street there,
上的学
around the corner.
就在这座城里?
Right here in this city?
他也是一名优秀的教师
He was a great teacher as well,
但让他真正伟大的
but what made him really great
正是他对世间一切的好奇和兴奋
was that he was interested and excited by everything.
我就是这样
I’m like that.
当然是这样了
I’m sure you are.
米歇尔
Michel!
牛奶?
Milk?
我们这样的艺术家
Artists of our calibre
就应该喝白兰地
should only drink cognac.
我们去看看这些家伙是想干什么 可以吗?
Let’s see what these characters are up to, shall we?
好的 罗宾斯·凯斯勒
Well, Robert Kessler,
我来给你介绍米歇尔·兰·格莱德大♥师♥
may I present Master Michel La Grande?
我在市政厅里面研究过您的画 先生
I’ve studied your painting in the town hall, sir.
我相信你认识他的父亲
I believe you know his father,
我们敬爱的市长
our esteemed mayor.
当然了
Of course.
年轻的罗伯特一直在伦敦
Young Robert’s been away studying
的皇家音乐艺术学院学画
at London’s Royal Conservatory of Art.
如你所见 他的潜力很大啊
As you can see, he has a lot of potential.
你对潜力总是那么有眼光
You always had an eye for potential.
我来向你介绍我的朋友…
Let me introduce you to my friend…
龙龙
Nello.
龙龙 斯特伦斯先生 罗伯特
Nello. Master Steerns, Robert.
啊 是吗 我怎么不记得
Yes, well, I don’t suppose
认识他的父亲 认识吗?
I know his father, do I?
迪特利 别
Dietrich, please.
啊 好吧…
Yes, well…
我就是打算带罗伯特看看
I was just prepared to show Robert
鲁本斯的伟大作品
Rubens’ greatest work,
你愿意可以加入我们
if you care to join us.
我正要到那去…
I was just on my way…
和我的朋友 龙龙
with my friend Nello.
帕图拉斯也能跟我们去吗?
Can Patrasche come, too?
牧师不让狗进去
The priest doesn’t allow dogs.
他们连人都不太欢迎 除非他们有…
He barely tolerates humans unless they have…
钱力
potential.
赶快去把你朋友拴好 然后跟我来吧
So tie up your friend, and then join us.
好的
OK.
来吧 帕图拉斯
Come, Patrasche.
米歇尔 我周二要开一个小沙龙
Michel, I’m starting a little salon on Tuesdays.
你可以顺道过来喝上两口
You should drop by for schnapps.
恐怕接下来四到五年我都有的忙了
I’m afraid I’ll be busy for the next 4 or 5 years.
你看 孩子 这就是我们说的闭门羹
That, my boy, is what we call a brush-off.
并不是 我要去罗马了
Not at all. I’m going off to Rome
去画几幅壁画–
to paint some murals–
一个新教堂的委托
a new commission from the church.
真的?
Really?
他们给的钱很多吗?
Does his holiness pay well?
我自费去画
I myself would pay to paint
在米开朗基罗的城里
in the city of Michelangelo.
好吧…
Well…
人各有志
to each his own.
这幅画就在后面 在幕布之下
This is the painting here, behind the drape.
牧师去哪了?
Where’s the priest?
啊 神父
Ah, Father.
我们是来看鲁本斯的
I’ve come to see the Rubens.
光线会伤到这幅画吗?
Does light hurt the painting?
恰恰相反 年轻的罗伯特
On the contrary, young Robert.
光会给予这幅画以生命
It’s light that brings the painting to life.
那为什么他们要把画盖住呢?
So why do they have to keep it covered?
我们姑且认为这是鲁本斯的主意吧
Let’s just say it wasn’t Rubens’ idea.
他的画作本意是留给所有人欣赏的
His paintings were meant to be enjoyed by everyone.
就好像乡巴佬对艺术会感兴趣一样
As if the masses were interested in art.
神父
Father.
哦 额 对了
Oh, uh, yes.
罗伯特 你肯定还带着银币呢吧
Robert, you surely have a silver franc.
祝福你
Bless you.
这里是神的房♥间
This is the house of God!
帕图拉斯 不 过来
Patrasche, no, come.
嘿 你
Hey, you!
你个小偷
You thief!
小偷
Thief!
龙龙
Nello!
你这个小坏蛋
You little sinner!
如果你能像关心银币一样关心
If you worried so much about saving souls
拯救灵魂的事情
as you do about silver,
或许这座城里就不会有坏蛋了
maybe there’d be no sinners in this entire city!
龙龙
Nello.
没事的
It’s all right.
帕图拉斯 我是要去看
Patrasche, I was going to see
鲁本斯的伟大画像
Rubens’ greatest painting.
所以…
So…
你找到了我亲爱的狗吗
You found my darling dog.