但算你运气好他还是个诚实的孩子
but you’re lucky he’s such an honest boy.
而那条臭狗给你把钱包找回来了
And that “damn dog” Found it for you.
也不要担心
And don’t worry.
里面一个子都没少
There’s not one franc missing.
先生?
Sir?
女士?
Madam?
你得吃点东西 阿洛伊斯
You should eat something, Aloise.
有些事情我必须要告诉你 先生
There’s something I must tell you, sir.
史蒂文斯先生说我要是告诉了你
Master Stephens told me that if I told you,
我工作就没了
I’d lose my job.
我爱我的工作
I like the job.
也爱你的家
I like your family.
哦 我不在乎了
Oh, I don’t care.
我一想到龙龙一个人在外面…
When I think about Nello outside alone…
你想要说什么 米莉?
What are you talking about, Millie?
他没做那事 先生
He didn’t do it, sir.
龙龙没有放火
Nello didn’t cause the fire.
你怎么会知道?
How would you know?
因为我当时在场 先生
Because I was there, sir.
是史蒂文斯先生 先生
It was Master Stephens, sir.
全都是一场意外 但反正他就是做了
It was an accident, but he did it all the same.
他喝多了
He was drunk.
他…
He…
他…
He…
他不小心把烟斗掉进了草堆
He lit up his pipe in the shed.
很抱歉
I’m sorry.
尼古拉斯 接下来你要怎么办?
Nicholas, what are you going to do?
我要去找龙龙
I’m going to find Nello.
我对那孩子的做法大错特错了 安娜
I’ve done that boy a terrible wrong, Anna.
龙龙
Nello!
龙龙
Nello!
龙龙
Nello!
龙龙
Nello!
龙龙
Nello!
龙龙
Nello!
龙龙 你在哪?
Nello, where are you?
龙龙 回答我 孩子
Nello, answer me, boy.
龙龙
Nello!
我们别想找到那孩子了
We’ll never find the boy.
龙龙
Nello!
龙龙
Nello!
龙龙
Nello!
龙龙 龙龙
Nello! Nello!
不带上这只狗我们别想找到那孩子
We’ll never find the boy without the dog.
他活不过今晚的
He can’t survive this night.
龙龙
Nello!
龙龙 龙龙 龙龙
Nello!Nello!Nello!
帕图拉斯
Patrasche!
找到了
Find him!
帕图拉斯
Patrasche.
你来这干什么?
What are you doing here?
圣诞快乐
Merry Christmas.
这是有史以来最冷的圣诞节了
This has been the coldest Christmas ever.
啊 但我们教区居民的内心还是很火热的
Ah, but it hasn’t chilled the hearts of our parishioners.
善良的上帝多么慷慨
The good Lord has been bountiful.
准备好了吗 帕图拉斯?
Are you ready, Patrasche?
好
OK.
哦 帕图拉斯
Oh, Patrasche.
光还不够
Not enough light.
看不见啊
Can’t see it.
这里怎么比外面还冷啊 帕图–
It’s even colder in here than it is outside, Pat–
是石头地板吗
Must be the stones.
过不多久太阳就会升起 帕图拉斯
It isn’t long till the sun rises, Patrasche.
等我们看到了他的杰作
Once we see his masterpiece,
我们就可以和母亲…
we can join Mother…
还有爷爷–
and Grandfather–
唯一还爱着我们的人
the only people who still love us.
看
Look.
就在那
That’s it.
我就知道龙龙会来看鲁本斯
I’m sure Nello went to see the Rubens.
帕图拉斯
Patrasche.
快看
Look.
鲁本斯先生?
Master Rubens?
那…
So…
你觉得怎么样?
What do you think?
真是…
It’s…
太棒了
It’s magnificent.
我也很喜欢你为马戏团画的画
I quite liked your circus painting, too.
你看过我的画?
You saw my painting?
我对你的艺术生涯可是
I’ve taken a strong interest
相当有兴趣 龙龙
in your artistic career, Nello.
可…为什么我没能赢下艺术展呢?
But…why didn’t I win the art contest?
你也没只想着赢 是吧?
You didn’t want to just win, did you?
不
No.
我也不能指责你
And I can’t blame you.
你想要被承认 龙龙
You want to be accepted, Nello,
感觉到爱
to feel loved.
你想要的 自两百年以来
What you want, all men seek.
每个人都想要
In 200 years from now,
当人们欣赏我的画时
when people will admire our paintings,
你真觉得会有谁想起那些
you really think anyone will remember
愚蠢的烂作吗?
that silly contest?
我能成为伟大的画家吗?
Will I be a great artist?
从今以后的人们都会
People will be inspired by you
从你身上得到启发
for years to come.
我知道你的感受
I know how you feel.
我有一次离开家…
I left home once…
跑去意大利八年
went to Italy for 8 years,
可我母亲生病了
then my mother got sick.
那个时候等我回家
By the time I came back here,
她已经死了
she was dead.
我妈妈也死了
My mother’s dead, too.
你是她的英雄
You were her hero.
玛丽·达斯
Mary Daas.
她是个很好的画家
She’s a very fine artist.
你认识我妈妈?
You knew my mother?
当然了
Of course.
你以为我为什么
Why do you think
对你有这么浓厚的兴趣?
I’ve taken such a strong interest in you?
先生?
Master?
嗯?
Yes?
如果可以的话
If it’s all right,
帕图拉斯和我想和你一起离开
Patrasche and I would like to come with you.
没人会在乎
No one cares.
你真的觉得没有人爱你吗?
Do you really think you’re not loved?
那你还需要学习
Then you’ve yet to learn
像一个真正的艺术家那样–
to see like a true artist–
用心去看
with your heart.
我儿
My son.
龙龙
Nello!
孩子
My son.
我可爱的孩子
My beautiful son.
耶♥和♥华♥是我的牧者
“The lord is my shepherd.
我必不致缺乏
“I shall not be in want.
他使我躺卧在青草地上
“He maketh me lie down in green pastures.
领我在可安歇的水边
“He leadeth me beside quiet waters.
他使我的灵魂苏醒
He restores my soul.”
为自己的名引导
“He guides me in the paths of righteousness
我走义路
for his name’s sake.”
我虽然行过
“Even though I walk