The dress was pretty, it was too pretty. It didn’t go with her hands.
她的手…
Her hands…
她的手 她磨坏的手
Her hands, her worn hands.
特别是指甲 苍老得骨头都露出来了
Especially the nails. They’re down to the bone.
缺钙 他们这么说 说起来倒容易
Calcium deficiency, they say. That’s easy to say.
或者说 老了 这也说起来容易
Or else it’s old age, which is easy to say too.
我看着莉丝白妈妈的手 莉丝白是我未婚妻…
I looked at Lizbeth’s mother’s hands. Lizbeth was my fiancée…
无暇 光滑 钙质完美摄入
Impeccable, smooth. Perfect calcium intake.
皮肤很亮 额头没有皱纹
Clear skin, unwrinkled forehead.
但你知道 我母亲看起来很开心
But, still, you know, my mother looked happy.
令人印象深刻 而且很开心
Impressed and happy.
她为我感到骄傲 就像我刚毕业那天一样 那天我的西装太紧
Proud of me, like the day I graduated, with my suit that was too tight.
而且我妈妈从不停止说话
And my mother didn’t stop talking.
“那人是你朋友? 他叫什么名字?
“Is that one a friend of yours? What’s his name?
“他不是那个人的儿子吗? 他呢?”
“Isn’t he the son of that one over there? And him?”
说得非常 非常响
Very, very loud.
她很开心 很兴奋 是的
She was so happy, she was so excited, yes.
那晚在莉兹白家也一样
Just like that night at Lizbeth’s.
哦 莉兹白
Oh, Lizbeth.
对 很开心 起初…
Yeah, happy, at first…
之后 吃饭的时候 我有种感觉 她在强迫自己
Afterwards, at dinner, I had the feeling she was forcing herself.
不管怎么说 她累坏了
In any case, she was exhausted.
可能是努力要在上流社会表现自如
It was probably the effort of acting at ease in high society.
她一直在看莉兹白 所以我打翻了一杯酒
She kept looking at Lizbeth, so I spilt a glass of wine,
1985年的圣埃米利翁
St-Emilion 1985.
我看到妈妈掉脸了
I saw my mother’s face drop.
几天后 我去布鲁克林看她 她没料到我会来
A few days later, I went down to Brooklyn to see her, she wasn’t expecting me.
和她在一起我已经觉得不舒服了
I’m not comfortable with her any more.
我失去了和她这种人在一起的习惯
I’ve lost the habit of being with people like her.
然后… -然后呢?
And then… – And then?
然后我对自己说 如果她这么疲惫 这么累…
And then I said to myself, if she was so worn out, so tired…
她的眼睛 老天…
and her eyes, God…
都是因为哈佛 我甚至没法再和她说上话
it was on account of Harvard and I wasn’t even able to speak with her any more.
坐在厨房♥的桌子旁 她对我说
Sitting there at the kitchen table, she said to me,
“上帝 我多么希望你幸福”
“God, how I want you to be happy.”
她握着我的手 说 “你的手好冷”
She took my hands in hers, she said, “Your hands are so cold.”
她握了很久 我想把手抽出来
She held them for a long time, I wanted to pull them away.
抽出我该死的手 不管是冷的还是热的 怎样都行…
Pull away my fucking hands, cold or hot, whatever…
她终于放手了 她焐热了它们
She finally let them go, she warmed them up.
我走了 头…都没回
I left without… looking back.
发着抖
Shaking.
你在哭…
You’re crying…
哦不 只是眼睛里进了东西
Oh, no, it’s just something in my eyes.
继续吧
Go on.
对不起 把这些事都倒给你
Sorry to have unloaded all that stuff on you.
哦 拜托 这很正常
Oh, please, it’s normal.
你爱你妈妈 这很正常 这就是你来这里的目的
You love your mother, that’s normal. That’s what you’re here for.
她很棒 我爱她
She’s wonderful. I love her.
我可以看到她的手 眼睛 多么有力量!
I can see her hands, her eyes. What strength!
你瞧 我也爱我妈妈 -嗯
You know, I love my mother too. – Yes.
爱自己的母亲是很正常的
It’s only normal to love your mother.
没有理由去担心乱♥伦♥
And there’s no reason to be afraid of committing incest,
这就是你在这里的目的 -嗯
that’s what you’re here for. – Yes.
嗯 我是指 当你躺在沙发上时 不像在现实世界
Yes, I mean, when you lie on the couch, it’s not like in the real world.
你完全受到保护 不受任何影响
You’re totally protected from everything.
你可以移置
You can displace.
对我来说 关于妈妈最糟糕的事情就是她们老去 然后死亡
For me, the worst thing about mothers is that they grow old and then they die.
然后 突然间 你… 你没有妈妈了…
Then, all of a sudden, you have… you have no mother…
也没有爸爸
and no father.
我们周三…5点见
I’ll see you on Wednesday… at 5:00.
好的 -嗯!
Yes. – Yes!
哦 他…
Oh, still…
还是爱他母亲的
He loves his mother.
“肝烧洋葱” 很好
“Fegato alla Veneziana”. Very good.
所以你要什么?
What will you have with that? So?
所以啥? -所以没了 别的不用了
So what? – So nothing, nothing else.
还是改成马尔萨拉小牛肉吧 我改主意了
Let’s make it the veal marsala instead, I changed my mind.
你说了? -啥?
Did you say it? – What?
我说我改主意了
I said I changed my mind.
终于说: “听着 你无权…”
Finally say, “Listen, you don’t have the right…”
我改我的主意?
I do not have the right to change my mind?
有 又没有 -为啥?
Yes and no. – Why?
因为我更喜欢吃小牛肉 除非你不推荐它?
Because I prefer the veal. Unless you don’t recommend it?
我不知道!
I don’t know!
你不知道? -我不确定
You don’t know? – I can’t be certain.
太不可思议了 我是说… -你跟我说 不可思议
This is incredible. I mean… – You’re telling me, incredible.
你是对的 我这是怎么了?
You’re right. What’s happening to me?
我不应该点小牛肉?
I shouldn’t order the veal?
这是口味问题 肝脏嘛… -下一次
It’s a matter of taste. The liver… – The next time.
下次我应该点肝脏? 为什么?
I should order the liver the next time? Why?
烹煮鹅 你玩了! 你想怎么吃? 炖煮!
Your goose is cooked! How do you want it? Cooked!
我不想吃生的 这鹅又是哪来的?
I don’t want it raw. And where did this goose come from all of a sudden?
我点肝脏吧 但希望它做得好吃点
I’ll take the liver, but I want it well done.
做得好! 是的 做得好啊 所以说还会有再下次咯?
Well done! Yeah, well done. So there’s going to be another next time?
为什么不呢? -是啊 为什么不呢?
Why not? – Yeah, why not?
当然 -当然!
Of course. – Of course!
好吧 也许不会有下次了
Well, maybe there won’t be a next time.
也许下一次 我会去马路对面的维尼餐厅
Maybe, next time, I’ll go across the street to Vinnie’s.
爱… -你爱维尼?
Love… – You love Vinnie’s?
我爱比阿特丽丝
I love Beatrice.
比阿特丽斯? 我没听过 肯定是新开的
Beatrice? I don’t know it. Must be new.
我不喜欢法国餐馆 你喜欢吗?
I don’t like French restaurants. Do you?
爱她? 好吧 为啥不呢?
Love her? Well, why not, after all?
那 你告诉她了吗? -没有
So, did you tell her? – No.
你没那个胆
You didn’t have the guts.
肝 内脏 心 胆 我一直都不敢尝试这些
The liver, innards, heart, guts, I’ve always been afraid to try all that.
你真该试试 哪怕一次
You really should, just once.
胆!
Guts!
我从没!
I never!
哦 这部电影太烂了
Oh, that movie was so bad!
我喜欢
I loved it.
演员太拉胯了
The actors were awful,
剧情空洞 结局垃圾!
the story was vain and the ending was unbearable!
我喜欢
I loved it.
你喜欢这个大团圆结局? 你当真啊
You loved that happy ending, didn’t you? You really did.
还有音乐 矫情坏了
And the music, so schmaltzy,
他们看着对方的样子就像野地里的两头牛!
when they look at each other like two cows in a field!
我喜欢!
I loved it!
我很感动! 我哭了!
I felt so moved! I cried!
这是我这辈子看过的最美的电影
It’s the most beautiful film I’ve seen in my life.
你知道吗 他和我交谈 他让我分享他的生活 他的情感…
You know, he talked to me. He let me share his life, his feelings…
谁? 那个演员? 那个苍白的…
Who? That actor? That pale…
不 约翰 歪尔先生
No, John, Mr. Wire.
但这是很正常的!
But that’s normal!
嗯 我想是的 但是…
Yes, I suppose so, but…
但是…
But…
我想这是移情 但是…
I suppose it’s transference, but…
但是… -我感到有些特别
But… – I felt something special.
你瞧 他是如此敏感!
You know, he’s so sensitive!
这是你的想象
It’s your imagination.
也许吧 但…
Maybe, but…
尽管说了这么多关移情
Despite all this talk of transference,
我还是感觉他…
I still have the feeling that he…
你感觉到他爱你!
You have the feeling that he loves you!
我知道什么是爱 我…
I know what love is, and I…
比阿特丽斯
Beatrice.
这一切只代表他的移情作用极其强大
All this means is that his transference is incredibly strong.
所以你不觉得是他爱上了我?
So you don’t think he’s in love with me?
爱我 比阿特丽斯 不是他妈妈 不是他妈妈 是我!
Me, Beatrice. Not his father, not his mother. Me!
我? 如果你明白我的意思
Me, if you see what I mean. Me?
什么 你?